The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old March 5th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Rayziken 2
Beginning ROM Hacker

Summary
Pokémon Dusty Diamond is a 493 patch of Pokémon Diamond that I've been working on. It allows you to catch Pokémon from all four regions up to Sinnoh (As they are the only ones available in Diamond) very early in the game, and lots of trainers have had their Pokémon modified to add to this.

Pokémon Changes
I've already changed a few Pokémons movesets, types and stats, and here are a few examples:

Luxio and Luxray are now Electric\Dark.
Psyduck and Golduck are now Water\Psychic.
Blastoise is now Water\Steel.
Pinsir is now Bug\Fighting.
Blaziken, Persian, Dugtrio, Exeggutor and Magneton (as well as a few others) have had their movesets changed slightly.
Masquerain has been given a stat boost; as have Breloom, Luvdisc and Absol. I'll be doing this to some of the weaker or standalone Pokémon too.

I do have to admit, I did change a lot of the other Pokémon's types too; these are just the ones that I feel were the most justified.

Screenshots
Here are some screenshots of the game:

Sorry for not getting a variety of images uploaded; I didn't have enough time today and I'll hopefully get more up tomorrow.

Help Needed
I will be needing some help with this project, and if anyone could help, I would be extremely grateful. The things I will be needing help with are:

Changing TMs
Changing Music (I want to sprinkle in a few references from other games, like Oreburgh mine becoming Super Mario Bros.' Underworld theme, or Eterna City becoming a slower Starlight Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog if possible).
Editing maps a little.Changing the starters (tried three times and it didn't work).

Thanks for reading and here are the download links:

Version 1.0: http://www.mediafire.com/?ti23g24rvnrybvv

Spoiler:

Last edited by Rayziken 2; March 17th, 2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old March 10th, 2013, 03:03 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
This seems a good start, interesting hack. Will there be Pokèmon from new generation? (V, VI).

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old March 10th, 2013, 04:00 AM
AmazingCharizard
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker Bisharp View Post
This seems a good start, interesting hack. Will there be Pokèmon from new generation? (V, VI).
He said that there will be Pokémon up to Sinnoh.

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
Old March 10th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Rayziken 2
Beginning ROM Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker Bisharp View Post
Thanks. I've been hacking for a while (Project Coral\Magma was a project I ran a while back), but this is my first Generation IV hack. And as much as I'd want to add more Pokémon, AmazingCharizard is right; I'll only be having 493 Pokémon available unless there will be a tool that lets me add more in the future.

Also, is there a simple way to map edit? I might change a few things and add more tall grass to certain routes so that more Pokémon are available in the Sea-only Routes and I'll probably try and find a way to make puddles house wild Pokémon like in the Gen V games.

Spoiler:
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:27 AM
AmazingCharizard

I currently work on a GBA Pokemon hack and use AdvanceMaps. But I think there might be a tool for DS hacking too since TeamFail is working on a Diamond Hack too and he changed some maps, too.

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
Old March 11th, 2013, 03:18 PM
EnglishMilkshake
Delapitated Account

When in Humilau is this game ever gonna be uploaded?

Former Creator of Pokémon Pear Blue and Pokemon Chocolate Green. Coming soon, Pokemon Virus Lavender. To be made in RMXP Pokemon Essentials v12.

Also the founder of "Project Pokemon Advantage Cream".
Old March 12th, 2013, 05:42 AM
AmazingCharizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishMilkshake View Post
When in Humilau is this game ever gonna be uploaded?
How about giving Rayziken some time, perfection is not achieved in 2 days, so let him work. He also has a private life, so how would you feel if everyone is buzzing you?

How to patch a rom:
Old March 16th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Rayziken 2
Beginning ROM Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingCharizard View Post
How about giving Rayziken some time, perfection is not achieved in 2 days, so let him work. He also has a private life, so how would you feel if everyone is buzzing you?
Thanks. I will be uploading the first beta sometime in a couple of hours, so I'll be editing the front page as soon as I can with the patch's link. Unfortunately, though, I don't think that all 493 Pokémon will be available yet, so just remember that.

P.S.: Even though this project is probably far from completion, I want to work on a Generation V hack, specifically of White 2 or Black 2.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Rayziken 2; March 16th, 2013 at 05:50 AM.
Old March 16th, 2013, 09:36 AM
EnglishMilkshake
Delapitated Account

The patch doesn't work.

Quote:
xdelta3: not a VCDIFF input: XD3_invalid_input
Do you have problems with patching Pokemon Diamond too?

Former Creator of Pokémon Pear Blue and Pokemon Chocolate Green. Coming soon, Pokemon Virus Lavender. To be made in RMXP Pokemon Essentials v12.

Old March 16th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Rayziken 2
Beginning ROM Hacker

Quote:
Do you have problems with patching Pokemon Diamond too?
Yeah, I'm not really that experienced with the .xdelta patch, so it will probably be faulty. If anyone could tell me how to patch it correctly then I would be very grateful.

EDIT: I'll be replacing the .xdelta patch with an .ups patch now. It'll be up within a couple of minutes.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Rayziken 2; March 17th, 2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old March 19th, 2013, 01:36 PM
EnglishMilkshake
Delapitated Account

Thanks for replacing the patch, but the new patch appears to be corrupt. Am I doing something wrong with the patching?

Old March 21st, 2013, 01:30 PM
Rayziken 2
Beginning ROM Hacker

Quote:
Thanks for replacing the patch, but the new patch appears to be corrupt. Am I doing something wrong with the patching?
I can't say for sure. I'll try patching a plain Diamond ROM tomorrow, and if I don't dry by 8PM GMT, remind me.

Also, bear in mind that I'm using a PAL ROM as far as I know, so if you're using a USA ROM then that could be the problem. It could be the other way around, though, with me using the USA ROM and you using the PAL ROM.

Spoiler:
Old March 21st, 2013, 03:45 PM
Dradier234

Nature: Careful
Yah! I love 493 hacks! Keep it up!
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Rayziken 2
Beginning ROM Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dradier234 View Post
Yah! I love 493 hacks! Keep it up!
Thanks. By the way, does the game actually work for you?

P.S.: What's with the Wario icon that keeps randomly popping up?

Spoiler:
Old March 27th, 2013, 01:57 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayziken 2 View Post
P.S.: What's with the Wario icon that keeps randomly popping up?
It's a joke feature =D It sometimes happens on PC :D
Old March 30th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Rayziken 2
Beginning ROM Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
It's a joke feature =D It sometimes happens on PC :D
Oh, I see... When I clicked on it I laughed for a couple of minutes. XD

Also, this project may be a little bit neglected now because I want to work on a Pokémon game called Pokémon Topaz. I posted it in the Game Development sub-forum because it's at a pre-alpha stage currently; I just need a few ideas at first and then I'll start working on it as soon as possible.

Spoiler:
Old April 13th, 2013, 07:14 AM
fallkitten
Running in the Shadows

Nice hack=3 I like Diamond more.than Pearl (because of Dialga) and it's a present for me=3 493 pokemon seems amazing! Where does the beta finish? Good Luck with your hack!=3
Old May 15th, 2013, 03:54 AM
digimonqueen
Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend

Nature: Gentle
i tried to patch it, and it said "The patch is corrupt". what does that mean?

Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love. By returning, you may ensure that fewer souls are maimed, fewer families are torn apart. If that seems to you a worthy goal, then we say good-bye for the present.”

"Harry--you're a great wizard, you know."
"I'm not as good as you," said Harry, very embarrassed, as she let him go.
"Me!" said Hermione. "Books! And cleverness! There are more important things--friendship and bravery and--oh Harry--be careful!"
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links