The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 10th, 2013, 11:47 PM
lynds

Nature: Relaxed
Name: lynds
Favorite HM Game: Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life (played this one the most)
Reason for Joining: Loved the series since I saw my friend play it either on SNES or 64 ><
Old April 11th, 2013, 12:11 AM
Cavalreaper
Pokemon Breeder

Name: Cavalreaper
Favorite HM Game: Magical Melody
Reason for Joining: I'm a huge fan of Harvest Moon. It has to be one of my favorite video game series of all time. Picking my favorite installment is pretty tough. I own Animal Parade, Tree of Tranquility, Harvest Moon 64, Grand Bazaar, Magical Melody, A New Beginning, and Sunshine Islands. They're all fantastic. I really need to get my hands on a copy of Back to Nature.
Old April 11th, 2013, 02:42 AM
lynds

No, no! Back to Nature for the PS1 is what my friend played. This is also one of my favorites :3
Old April 11th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Isamu Akai
The Chosen One

Nature: Calm
"Isamu, can't you marry gourmet too? Does that mean you're really marrying every one of the harvest sprites? o:"

other say you can marry gourmet and even kappa but i dont think marrying one of the harvest sprite........@ azalealightning

oh hi welcome yusshin...........nice username it very cute.......
Old April 12th, 2013, 08:59 AM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Nature: Sassy
Welcome lynds and Cavalreaper! You've been added to the list cx

Built-in incense would be very nice... *o*

I know you can't marry the Harvest Sprites, but in theory if you're marrying Gourmet and he's made of the Harvest Sprites, then... XD

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now
or I'll get physical with you

Old April 12th, 2013, 10:46 PM
lynds

Anyone have any idea when Harvest Moon: A New Beginning will be released in EU?
Old April 13th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Isamu Akai
The Chosen One

wow im so very happy our farm(club) is getting bigger

welcome Cavalreaper and lynds....

@azalea:but in the story gourmet is from other town that visiting mineral town
every cooking festival right?
Old April 13th, 2013, 07:45 AM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

lynds, a release date hasn't been announced yet for ANB in EU... Maybe they're just being really slow with the translations or something ;n;

Isamu, that could just be a cover on the Harvest Sprites' part so that they don't give it away :o

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now

Old April 13th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Nature: Quiet
@Azalea;

Yeah, you need both mint and chamomile to build the Restaurant if I'm not mistaken. I think the strangest thing I've had to hoard though is weeds.

Pokemon X FC 3368-1319-2305
Old April 19th, 2013, 12:13 AM
lynds

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzaleaLightning View Post
lynds, a release date hasn't been announced yet for ANB in EU... Maybe they're just being really slow with the translations or something ;n;

Isamu, that could just be a cover on the Harvest Sprites' part so that they don't give it away :o
That sucks.

I am not sure if I want to play Tale of Two Towns. What is the gameplay like?
Old April 19th, 2013, 01:04 AM
SylphyStarr
SylpyStar

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to SylphyStarr
Name: SylphyStarr
Favorite HM Game: Harvest Moon DS Cute
Reason for Joining: Harvest Moon is my all time favorite game franchise! (Yes above Pokemon even) And the only game series other than Pokemon that I have gotten really serious about. I absolutely love it and have played every nintendo system based game their is.
Old April 21st, 2013, 06:45 AM
Mockingjay
Friends: See my About Me.

Nature: Jolly
Username: Mockingjay
Favorite HM Game: Yeaah, that's hard to pick... um, HM:Another Wonderful Life, maybe, or Rune Factory 1-3, or ToT, or AP, or -- ughhughughuhgh most of the ones I've played are my favorites
Reason for joining: I love Harvest Moon with all of my heart, along with Rune Factory. I have been obsessed since the age of 7, and I can't quite stop playing the games. I have never disliked a game, except for the case of Islands of Happiness... which was a terrible, horrible game. D:
Old April 21st, 2013, 08:33 PM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Welcome SylphyStarr and Mockingjay! c:

Sylphy, wow I don't know if I can say I love Harvest Moon more than Pokemon, although they're both extremely close for me XD I've been meaning to restart my DS Cute save file for some time now too, when I find time because once I start a Harvest Moon game I get really engaged in it, and my finals are coming up >>

Mockingjay, I've never given Rune Factory a chance because of how different it looks from the original Harvest Moon games, I should probably try it sometime but I do admit I'm a little wary. And yes, Islands of Happiness... we just won't discuss those games here haha ;_;

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now

Old April 22nd, 2013, 03:27 AM
Mockingjay

AzaleaLightning,
When I was younger, my dad and former stepmom got the game for both my former step brother and I. We both loved it, except he was too young to understand, and I just loved it because it was Harvest Moon + monsters.

The first game had a really long, nice plot, but the problem with it is that the controls were pretty bad IMO, and it just wasn't too great. The second one was a bit better; it had more functions, but the problem behind the battle system was a bit bleh to me. It just didn't work out nicely. Then came around the third game, which has a really short plot and the controls are perfect. It was like there was no happy in between, so I just played RF3 over and over again.

The fourth one is due release soon in North America, and I must say that I am really excited!
Old April 22nd, 2013, 09:04 AM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Hopefully they find a nice compensation between plot and controls this time around, eh? :p

The only game I had a problem adjusting to was Back to Nature because of the diagonal tiles. I found myself holding the controller diagonally so I could adjust better XD I really want to give it another try when I get around to remembering which account I bought it on with my PS3 so I could download it again and give it another shot.

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now

Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:44 PM
Mockingjay

I have looked at Back to Nature, and I never played it. Was it any good? I haven't heard anything even near decent about it.

In other news, I started up A New Beginning again, but with a new file. I need honeycombs. e_e
Old April 24th, 2013, 11:54 PM
FiersomeLucia
The Blue Skies Will Appear...

Nature: Lonely
Username: FiersomeLucia
Favorite HM Game: Rune Factory 3: A Fantasy Of Harvest Moon
Reason For Joining: I love Harvest Moon. My first HM game was in Gameboy Advance though I forgotten the name because my cow always dies due to my negligence. Though, when I finally got a DS, one of my free games (that I chose) was RF2! Yay!

I knew the fact of saving something is really hard. It’s almost impossible no matter where I look at but in destroying something, which I’m very good at. Am I really born to ruin everything?
Old April 25th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Mockingjay

Hi FiersomeLucia!

I see you like RF3. Are you excited for RF4? I cannnnt wait :D I loved RF2, but mostly because you could play as your son/daughter -- that's when it actually got interesting.
Old April 25th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Isamu Akai
The Chosen One

Damn my save data in harvest moon MFoMT got corrupted.....I gonna restart it again
Old April 25th, 2013, 07:31 AM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiersomeLucia View Post
Username: FiersomeLucia
Favorite HM Game: Rune Factory 3: A Fantasy Of Harvest Moon
Reason For Joining: I love Harvest Moon. My first HM game was in Gameboy Advance though I forgotten the name because my cow always dies due to my negligence. Though, when I finally got a DS, one of my free games (that I chose) was RF2! Yay!
Welcome! It's nice to see another RF fan, diversity is good cx

Mockingjay, hoard as many honeycombs as you can e_e They only appear in the spring and fall too, I found that out halfway through summer after I'd wasted half the season looking for nonexistent honeycombs... uguu...

Oh no Isamu D: How far were you in the file? I tend to restart Harvest Moon games if I haven't played them in a long time or I'm not far in the file, so hopefully you didn't lose too much.

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now

Old April 26th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Name Laugh, but y'all can call me Hannah.
Favorite HM Game Animal Parade, even though I haven't played it yet. lol.
Reason for Joining I wasn't really planning on joining, to be honest. I haven't been playing Harvest Moon lately, until I started playing More Friends of Mineral Town again. Oh, how I missed my daughter and Gray. Anyways, I love Harvest Moon. And I just had to join.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old April 27th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Cassiopeiia
Floating

Nature: Bashful
Hi! *~*
Eeeh, I hope it's okay for me to ask a question here even though I'm not a member of the club yet...

After my sister started playing Harvest Moon DS again I've been really tempted to get a game of my own. But there are quite a few of them, and I have no idea which one I want more...
Do any of you have any recommendations for me? :3

Basically, I simply want to play a relaxing and cosy game that allows for a lot of freedom and is not too challenging, but still addicting. From what I've seen of my sister playing,
socializing with the townspeople is one of the things that seems fun to me, I'd like there to be lots of quirky characters for me to get to know and help out with things,
I want to be a part of a small, cosy community. A fun story and likeable NPCs are more important to me than the actual farming-mechanics (which I'd prefer not be too complex).
The music needs to be good. And, I would like to be able to play as a girl, and perhaps also customize myself and other things as well.
It has to be on either the DS or the Playstation 2 (or possibly the PS3, or the Vita).

... I realise I might be a little demanding, but I really appreciate it if anyone has an idea of which game would suit me best! ^-^
Old April 28th, 2013, 08:46 PM
FiersomeLucia
The Blue Skies Will Appear...

Nature: Lonely
To Mockingjay,
Of course I am! Unfortunately, I don't a 3DS. Damn... Why? Why?!

I knew the fact of saving something is really hard. It’s almost impossible no matter where I look at but in destroying something, which I’m very good at. Am I really born to ruin everything?
Old April 29th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Cassiopeiia
Floating

Nature: Bashful
I went ahead and ordered "The Tale of Two Towns" for the DS... I hope it's fun. ^^
Old April 29th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Mockingjay

I've been playing Harvest Moon A New Beginning recently, and I've just noticed that the game is terribly translated. There are so many grammatical errors, and a lot of the sentences make no sense.

"Go to Kohana for sundries. If you need anything, let me know." This is said by the little old lady running the general store in town. Is she trying to tell me to go to Kohana, or is she telling me that she goes to Kohana? If the case is the second option, then it is like much of the rest of the game: many sentences are lacking a subject.

"Good morning! You're farm is something quite special, Jess! I'm sure I will get good, good ingredients from here!"
In his defense, he's supposed to say stuff like "good, good," but in all honesty, it just sounds silly. And don't even get me started on that "you're."

So, guys, how do you think Natsume does with their games in terms of translation?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links