The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 13th, 2013 (06:47 AM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Yeah, thus far everything new is focused on gen 1... I'll like some more focus on generations 2-6 related mons. And a 6 gen especially as it won't result in a 'they changed it, now it sucks' response from half of the vocal minority of the fan base...well not to the extent of changing gen 1's Pokémon.
Old April 13th, 2013 (07:08 AM).
Forever
let it go

Generation 5 should get a lot of attention soon imo. I mean we're still part way through B2W2, so at least they could give us a few Pokemon related to gen 5 mons. :x
Old April 13th, 2013 (07:13 AM).
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Generation 5 should get a lot of attention soon imo. I mean we're still part way through B2W2, so at least they could give us a few Pokemon related to gen 5 mons. :x
I think GF is still trying to win back the older fans by focusing more on the Gen 1 Pokemon, hence the creation of Mewtwo's new forme, after Gen V caused a lot of controversy within the fanbase, from the changes I've listed from my old thread regarding Gen V. It just shows that past consumers share an important to keep Pokemon alive, or else Pokemon is finished even with a new generation of children.
Old April 13th, 2013 (09:35 AM).
Community Supporter

As I said before in the evolution thread I'm hoping it focuses on gen 3, 4, and 5. Gen 3 has lots of single member families they can add to a la Roselia. And Gen IV didn't get any cross generational evolutions due to Gen V's no relation to old mon's rule. And Gen V due to what Forever just said. I don't want Johto to get ignored though :x
Old April 13th, 2013 (10:04 AM).
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
I think GF is still trying to win back the older fans by focusing more on the Gen 1 Pokemon, hence the creation of Mewtwo's new forme, after Gen V caused a lot of controversy within the fanbase, from the changes I've listed from my old thread regarding Gen V. It just shows that past consumers share an important to keep Pokemon alive, or else Pokemon is finished even with a new generation of children.
I really dont think that's the reason. I think they simply want to use this to add on to Mewtwo's story so they made a new forme for it. Pokemon is far from finished. We dont even know how many Gen 1 evolutions there may end up being. The Gen 5 games were fine.

I personally am seeing a mix of evos from previous generations but how many I dont know. I really want more to see new evolutionary families, that's what I care much more about.
Old April 13th, 2013 (10:46 AM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
This seems pretty plausible~! Though honestly, I hope they focus more on Gen III Pokemon than anything else this time around. Hoenn just seems to have been largely ignored these past two generations (except when Gardevoir got a split-evo Gen IV as well as a few other Pokemon, but that's hardly anything, I think), so I'd like for GF to revisit more Hoenn pokes and base more Pokemon on that kind of style, if anything.

Quote:
I really dont think that's the reason. I think they simply want to use this to add on to Mewtwo's story so they made a new forme for it.
Mewtwo had a story to it? oO; Forgive me, since I've actually never played RBY, but from what I keep hearing, it seems that Mewtwo played a fairly minor role in the grand scheme of things, not really having much of a story at all.
Old April 13th, 2013 (11:07 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
This seems pretty plausible~! Though honestly, I hope they focus more on Gen III Pokemon than anything else this time around. Hoenn just seems to have been largely ignored these past two generations (except when Gardevoir got a split-evo Gen IV as well as a few other Pokemon, but that's hardly anything, I think), so I'd like for GF to revisit more Hoenn pokes and base more Pokemon on that kind of style, if anything.

Mewtwo had a story to it? oO; Forgive me, since I've actually never played RBY, but from what I keep hearing, it seems that Mewtwo played a fairly minor role in the grand scheme of things, not really having much of a story at all.
In the games, it was found in a cave. There wasn't a huge storyline. You also couldn't explore the cave until after the E4, as a bonus for being the Champion.

In the first movie, he created an island battlefield and such to clone Pokémon for his new society.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 13th, 2013 (12:07 PM).
tigerBLADE
1000://PowHammers

Quote:
Well, it had a back story, but, it's back story was only hinted upon some stray books in the Pokemon Mansion in Cinnabar Island.

But again, these were only vague, as in, there were such diary entries like..

"Mew gave birth.
We named the newborn Mewtwo."

and,

"Mewtwo is far too powerful.
We have failed to curb its vicious tendencies…"

Things like that.

*formerly known as Miss Doronjo* NES DiscussionOBJECTION!30 Days of Gaming
Old April 13th, 2013 (01:26 PM).
Community Supporter

Quote:

I felt like Gen 5 forgot Johto and Hoenn for the most part as most the references were of Kanto and Sinnoh...Team Rocket and Galactic being mentioned, and Cynthia appearing. Though Team Rocket was also Johto's villains...so for the most part Hoenn's were ignored...the first teams to ever succeed (sort of) don't even get mentioned. Not counting PWT of course, as Hoenn was mentioned too. And Legends wise Kanto and Johto were ignored...except for the Celebi and Beast trio events that activated something in BW... and Mewtwo having a new move.

Maybe Johto and Kanto's legends will get more screen time to make up for their absence in B2W2 (No gen 1-2 legend was catchable in gen 5!)...

I always saw Mewtwo as not a test tube clone like in the anime, but more of a life birth clone like real life clones such as Dolly the Sheep. So it having a new forme may be what it's was originally suppose to look? But became mutated after the attempts to control it, aka they locked up part of it's powers...if so than the Mewtwo we know really isn't it's true self...
Old April 13th, 2013 (01:52 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerBLADE View Post
"Mew gave birth.
We named the newborn Mewtwo."
Mew gave birth to a being that came to be twice its size? WTF?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 13th, 2013 (02:25 PM).
Community Supporter

Sometimes it happens in real life...also if this new forme is Mewtwo's original forme pre experiments perhaps it was smaller as a baby? It's possible.
Old April 13th, 2013 (05:26 PM).
Vintage Arachnid
Fight 'til you win.
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
DIE Magmaruby and Aquasapphire

I am curious and like to read the theories of how Mewtwo goes into said form. I like the idea of it being the "pre experiment" but that would mean there would have to be two Mewtwos or else I'm not sure how Mewtwo would transition into that pre-experiment form. Unless they give it something that does away with all the experiments they did, which is highly unlikely. Maybe they do more experiments on Mewtwo... ?

Also, yeah, I feel like they're trying to connect with older fans in a way or fans that just like Mewtwo, but as a person that likes Mewtwo this new form... isn't really growing on me. We'll see...

THE EXTREMELY LONELY PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old April 13th, 2013 (06:09 PM).
Gary's Ho-oh
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Brave
All I can think of for Mewtwo changing into its new form it has something to do with altering it DNA (but not like Deoxys).

And how would you react to this idea I just thought of: We know that Generations IV & V game had forms exclusive to versions after the launch versions of same said Generations (Rotom, Giratina, & Shaymin in Gen IV and the Kami trio & Kyurem in Gen V). What if they did exclusive Pokémon available only in a Generation VI version after X&Y?
Old April 13th, 2013 (07:24 PM).
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Mew gave birth to a being that came to be twice its size? WTF?

Cyclone
Mew gave birth to another Mew. The scientist (Fuji) took it back to its lab and performed "years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments" (Red/Blue PokéDex). I wouldn't be surprised if it was awake the whole time, too, considering how angry it always is.
Old April 13th, 2013 (08:14 PM).
Community Supporter

Perhaps this new forme is a manifestation of it's psychic powers? Idk something like that.
Old April 14th, 2013 (06:33 AM).
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivvon View Post
Mew gave birth to another Mew. The scientist (Fuji) took it back to its lab and performed "years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments" (Red/Blue PokéDex). I wouldn't be surprised if it was awake the whole time, too, considering how angry it always is.
But doesn't that contradict Mewtwo's clone status as clones are created by test tubes rather than live birth?
Old April 14th, 2013 (10:11 AM).
Community Supporter

Quote:
But doesn't that contradict Mewtwo's clone status as clones are created by test tubes rather than live birth?
In real life clones are born by live birth...so it's not impossible.
Old April 14th, 2013 (10:22 AM).
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
It's never stated to be a clone in-game. Only in the movie is it a clone.
Old April 14th, 2013 (01:02 PM).
Community Supporter

We're half a year away from the games, what else do you guys think we'll see? Do you think the region will be clouded in mystery like most things announced about X and Y?
Old April 14th, 2013 (02:39 PM).
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Speculation on X and Y: The region is shaped like a giant XY combo. Or, the roads could connect into an XY shape criss-crossing the region.

The DNA Splicers could be used on Bidoof. He could because dual-typed Normal + X with all 17 types.

Rotom will suddenly make sense.

(just having a joke making!)
Old April 14th, 2013 (02:45 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
We're half a year away from the games, what else do you guys think we'll see? Do you think the region will be clouded in mystery like most things announced about X and Y?
I feel that we will get a picture of the region, but a decent chunk will be covered by clouds.
Old April 14th, 2013 (02:51 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowpointQuincy View Post
Rotom will suddenly make sense.
Like.

A region image would be nice, but the reason they cloud part of it is because it's beta, and not final. I don't see why they would just intentionally cloud part of the region; after all, the minimap doesn't say anything, and they could easily paste together two shots to remove any cursor, giving away nothing but the look of the area. Granted, we could pinpoint the starting location and starting path then, they may not want that or they might just show that.

Route 3 will be part of it, I'd bet.

Cyclone

Old April 14th, 2013 (03:29 PM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I'd be satisfied just knowing the region's name at this point to be honest. Although, I'm pretty that'll come when they finally show the map. So in other words, I also can't wait for them to reveal the map. That usually brings in quite the speculation as people dissect it. Which is my personal favorite part in speculating a new generation, dissecting the map.
Old April 14th, 2013 (03:34 PM).
Vintage Arachnid
Fight 'til you win.
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
((DIE Aerilyn))

Region's name would be nice or something about the Gym Leaders because that's who I'm most curious about but they won't reveal those until closer to the release. I do like when they reveal the map, it always looks so nice and all the theories that surround it make it that much more awesome.

I think my favorite part is dissecting the Gym Leaders. Dunno why, but I love it.

THE EXTREMELY LONELY PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old April 14th, 2013 (03:45 PM).
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Bug View Post
((DIE Aerilyn))

Region's name would be nice or something about the Gym Leaders because that's who I'm most curious about but they won't reveal those until closer to the release. I do like when they reveal the map, it always looks so nice and all the theories that surround it make it that much more awesome.

I think my favorite part is dissecting the Gym Leaders. Dunno why, but I love it.
Ooh yeah, I'd love to see at least the designs for the gym leaders so we could speculate on the types of them or something :3

Sponsored Links