The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 9th, 2013 (07:35 PM).
orangeralts21
Newfound Respect for Wobbuffet

Nature: Serious
Who here kept the original Espeon and Umbreon here from Pokemon Colosseum?
I Only kept my Espeon, traditionally named Vee (love red!), but easily replaced my Umbreon with the other pokemon.

Please feel free to share your opinion

My old team below is spoilered if you care enough:
Spoiler:
Vee my Espeon
Meganium
Quagsire
Misdreavus
Heracross
Altaria

My Zetaboards Nuzlocke Forum Account
Old April 13th, 2013 (10:24 AM).
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I kept Espeon because Espeon is such a good addition to the team, but Umbreon wasn't that much good in Colosseum so I had to ditch him

They just really nerfed him in Colosseum, so that's why I didn't really use him =/
Old April 13th, 2013 (10:33 AM).
The Sceptile King
Just came back from a break!

Nature: Lax
I ditched both so I could be original with my team, but I wasn't original in the end anyways

My team was
Typhlosion
Quagsire
Ampharos
Altaria
Heracross
Absol
Old April 14th, 2013 (12:54 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I had both of them in my team.
Imo beside the legendaries, those Eeveelutions are the best possible additions to the team =)

I played with Espeon, Umbreon, Flygon, Entei, Raikou, Suicune.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 14th, 2013 (10:47 AM).
Minato Arisato
Memento mori...

I kept them both. I liked having Espeon's sheer sweeping ability and Umbreon's tendency to confuse his opponents. I like both of them in general, actually. I'm quite fond of Eeveelutions. That, and the trainers you had to battle weren't smart enough to switch out their Pokemon when they got confused.
Old April 14th, 2013 (11:24 AM).
Golden Warrior
Pokemon Professor

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Golden Warrior
I left 'em both until I beat the game and traded them to other games. They were pretty strong in the end and I like them both anyway. They were good.

I think I ended up with those two, Typhlosion, and the other two starters. Quite the team! :D

3DS/Pokemon Y FC: 5300 - 9087 - 1138
I'll be up to battle or trade, I'll also always be up to multibattle. PM me if you add me here, give me a reason that you're adding me, and I'll be sure to add you back!

Friend Safari: Bug Type
Pokemon: Paras, Beautifly, and Pinsir.
Old April 17th, 2013 (12:10 PM).
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
I used both Espeon and Umbreon throughout the entire game. I really liked using them and didn't have it in me to get rid of either.
Old April 20th, 2013 (12:37 PM).
KnightFerrocous
Unhatched Egg

I only kept the Umbreon. Meganium replaced Espeon. The way I play through Pokemon is that I choose two Pokemon and pretty much exclusively use them. I know it is dumb but it is a habit I have yet to break.

I'm going to replay Colosseum soon so we'll see if I keep using both Umbreon and Espeon.
Old April 23rd, 2013 (06:10 AM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I did. I love both Espeon and Umbreon, and they're both great Pokémon.
Old April 24th, 2013 (05:33 PM).
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
I've always kept them both. They're both useful after all! Espeon is the hard hitter while Umbreon was great at eating hits, especially when you wanted to just snag something. And secret power tended to activate a lot for myself as well with the paralysis effect.
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old May 1st, 2013 (02:12 PM).
Sydian
revolution

Nature: Timid
I love both Pokemon, but I often ditch Espeon and keep Umbreon. Umbreon is my favorite Pokemon and in a game like Colosseum, I think it's important to have one or two Pokemon that can take some hits, cause it's not an easy game really. My first time through the game though, I kept both of them.

Play the game to change the game
Old May 21st, 2013 (08:25 AM).
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

I loved using both of them! My Espeon was named Espio and my Umbreon was named Umbrio. I had to keep them together. :P In later playthroughs, I did want to use different Pokemon. I can't really remember what Pokemon exactly I used in my first playthrough, but I did like using Ampharos and Houndoom.

Old May 26th, 2013 (10:44 PM).
Yankas

Even though Umbreon is my favorite Eveelution Pokémon I just can't justify using it when it is just so pitifully weak ingame that it becomes a chore to use. So I usually keep Espeon and box Umbreon as soon as I get one of the Johto starters.
Old May 26th, 2013 (11:07 PM).
Limerent
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankas View Post
Even though Umbreon is my favorite Eveelution Pokémon I just can't justify using it when it is just so pitifully weak ingame that it becomes a chore to use. So I usually keep Espeon and box Umbreon as soon as I get one of the Johto starters.
Weak? Umbreon has great defensive stats, it can easily take hits that would wipe out quite a few of the bulkier looking pokemon you would expect to be tanks. To me this was amazing, Umbreon was reliable and if a battle was going bad he would usually be the last one standing, saving the day This complements Espeon too, who has wonderful Sp.Atk but is extremely fragile. Umbreon has status attacks like confuse ray and toxic, as well as faint attack, which never misses. Espeon had Psychic, to deal out the damage.

I may not have used the starters together in every battle but they always had a place in my party and my heart <3
Old May 27th, 2013 (01:11 AM).
Yankas

Quote:
Originally Posted by O07_eleven View Post
Weak? Umbreon has great defensive stats, it can easily take hits that would wipe out quite a few of the bulkier looking pokemon you would expect to be tanks.
This is why I absolutely can't stand using it, ingame battles do not favor stall. Why try to outstall something when you can just abuse the AI's stupidity and use a move that OHKO or 2HKOs something. Especially when Colosseum is already paced significantly slower than the main series games. I suppose some people might enjoy it but when it's just one trainer battle.

A lot of Pokémon I like are walls, including some that are incredibly potent in the competitive environment. But should I ever consider using them outside of some kind of battle facility, well God help me.
Old May 28th, 2013 (07:16 PM).
Chary
Yeah-Hah!

I kept Umbreon as long as I could, until I just had to ditch him. In Gen III, dark-types didn't really have a chance to shine, as Faint attack and Bite are the only good STAB attacks. Espeon, I always keep to the end, since Espeon is a beast. In my first play through though, I kept Umbreon, 'cause I thought that he was so cool in the opening cutscene.
Old May 29th, 2013 (12:59 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chary View Post
I kept Umbreon as long as I could, until I just had to ditch him. In Gen III, dark-types didn't really have a chance to shine, as Faint attack and Bite are the only good STAB attacks. Espeon, I always keep to the end, since Espeon is a beast. In my first play through though, I kept Umbreon, 'cause I thought that he was so cool in the opening cutscene.
Well... Umbreon isn't meant to be attacker anyways :D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old May 29th, 2013 (05:23 AM).
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
I've always kept both, apart from my very first playthrough. As a backwards kid I much preferred a Pokemon that could take hits even if it didn't deal them so well, so I kepy Umbreon but I ditched Espeon. I also used Feraligatr and traded over an Aggron.
Since then I have played through the game with both, a lot of times using the three dogs as well.

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old May 29th, 2013 (12:20 PM).
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

I kept them both my first playthrough, and then only Espeon in my other ones. I just find Umbreon a little too weak, and that game was actually tough. Both though did a good job on my first time playing!

"By force of will!"
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links