• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shining Opal [FULL GAME RELEASED]

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2013
3 gyms are available.
story is nice and attractive.
gameplay is good. my pokemon level and oppenent level always keep going along except at the end, my poke is 40 and oppent is 35.

Overall : Quite good ... and the second gym is Ugh... a troll... Luckily, I still won and did not even come back to heal for the first try :)

kirbasaur

Human-Ivasaur hybrid
Years
for some reason i can't encounter any wild pokemon so i'm stuck at the first double battle gym in the region

can any one help?

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
How many Fakemon are there in this hack? Only Mikachu or more? And are they essential for specific events or can I just stick to other "normal" Pokemon as well?

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2013
I am stuck in Klindor City
i have defeated the GymBrothers, and walked down route 5, but the house on the end does not have an entrance. Also the second gym is waaaaaay overpowered. You are lucky if you have 3 pokemon in level 25 to face it. And may god help you if one of them is not a bird pokemon. Same goes for the battle arena. Also i wonder if I can get a waterstone anywhere near where i am.
Btw, why do you use the gen 4 gyms, PokeCentres and PokeMarts. They're ugly as ****, and doesn't fit in. (I'll bet my ass Linkandzelda had something to do with it)

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
simply the best pokemon hack ever. looking forward to play it when you finish it
Thanks for the comment!
Nice hack, I love the mew and the Pikachu fusion its really cool! and the graphics are nice!
Thanks!
Its been decades since we heard anything new for Shining Opal Diego... Whats Up?
Nothing really since I've been distracted from Shining Opal, sometimes by CrystalDust, other times by life.
3 gyms are available.
story is nice and attractive.
gameplay is good. my pokemon level and oppenent level always keep going along except at the end, my poke is 40 and oppent is 35.

Overall : Quite good ... and the second gym is Ugh... a troll... Luckily, I still won and did not even come back to heal for the first try :)
Yeah, I hope to work out leveling for the next beta.
This is one of the more interesting hacks that introduces a fake starter!
Thanks!
How many Fakemon are there in this hack? Only Mikachu or more? And are they essential for specific events or can I just stick to other "normal" Pokemon as well?
It's only Mikachu, and you'll need to keep it in your party, though you don't need to use it.
I am stuck in Klindor City
i have defeated the GymBrothers, and walked down route 5, but the house on the end does not have an entrance. Also the second gym is waaaaaay overpowered. You are lucky if you have 3 pokemon in level 25 to face it. And may god help you if one of them is not a bird pokemon. Same goes for the battle arena. Also i wonder if I can get a waterstone anywhere near where i am.
Btw, why do you use the gen 4 gyms, PokeCentres and PokeMarts. They're ugly as ****, and doesn't fit in. (I'll bet my ass Linkandzelda had something to do with it)
Klindor City is the end of the beta. And in regards to the last issue:
fjJE1P5.png
2CCwbqF.png

With my work on CrystalDust, I've grown to like the FireRed style more than before. So I want to pose a question: should I change Shining Opal over to a FireRed style of graphics?

Years
In my opinion I would disagree with changing into FireRed style. Why well I am bored with Firered tiles after playing so much hacks.. We want something else from a master like you {:3}

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2016
I've just seen your CrystalDust hack and now this and I have to say;

Damn, man you have got skills!

Both are looking fantastic and I REALLY cannot wait for them to be completed. Keep up the amazing work and you have my support! :)

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
In my opinion I would disagree with changing into FireRed style. Why well I am bored with Firered tiles after playing so much hacks.. We want something else from a master like you {:3}
All right, one vote for current style.
Most people like FireRed tiles, that's why it's used in many hacks.
One vote for FireRed style? I think?
I've just seen your CrystalDust hack and now this and I have to say;

Damn, man you have got skills!

Both are looking fantastic and I REALLY cannot wait for them to be completed. Keep up the amazing work and you have my support! :)
Thanks for the support!
This is a great game i cant wait for it to be completed.
Thanks for the comment!

Well, after some deliberation, I've decided to stick with what I've got for the time being. Not being in a FireRed style broadens the options available for graphics. In other news, I think I used the temporary switch to FireRed to distract myself from my main problem of working on Shining Opal: I haven't worked on it for so long I have no idea what I'm doing anymore. I'll try to scrounge up the memories of whatever direction I was going in, but we'll see how successful that'll be. I know I'm probably just going to distract myself with games and the internet again.

Years
Hey Diego, one thing is keep itching my brain and that is the story going. What would that be in future events, a Darker and powerful one or just plain like winning the badges and the league sort of???

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
Years
Pikamew? Mewachu? What the heck is it called? A mix of my two favorite Pokémon (aside from Snivy)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2019
I like own maked tiles, it's a lot of work, but it is really appreciated, I think.

RIAD99

Rayquaza
Years
this is good game two
n same as crystaldust i will download it after u finish making all sprites n events (or the storyline)

Back