The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Old April 12th, 2013, 07:04 AM
xGal
Playing some ESL

Nature: Bold
The name's pretty cool I like that :X

Also, if you ever wanted to make a ROM hacking tool, click here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=334348
Old April 12th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
This hack looks amazing. The storyline is absolutely great. The line "After recently being forced to stay in a cave for shelter, the father decides that enough is enough and sets out to win the Pokemon League to earn enough money for a home" makes this hack a lot natural.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old April 13th, 2013, 11:03 AM
LeftNut

Alright, I released a patch. Check the first post for the link.

Quote:
I really do enjoy a humorous hack, haha. Good luck, I hope this keeps people entertained for a while (including myself, I'll have to give it a look)

Quote:
Your screenshots look like they are getting better. I really like the story. So I guess that Gary is your brother in the game?
Thanks. But nope, I just didn't get around to changing his sprites yet.

Quote:
Well would'nt that be a big contrast since Scyther can evolve and the other two don't?
also Heracross would be the winner unti Scizor in my opinion.
I think the starters aren't really the same level, even with stat editing.

also you didn't shrink them down :<
I gave pinsir rock stuff to balance him out. That way we have rock, flying and fighting working like fire, water and grass. (If the rival gets pinsir, it's level is lowered so you can actually beat it.) Also, they're shrunk now.

Quote:
The name's pretty cool I like that :X
Quote:
This hack looks amazing. The storyline is absolutely great. The line "After recently being forced to stay in a cave for shelter, the father decides that enough is enough and sets out to win the Pokemon League to earn enough money for a home" makes this hack a lot natural.
Thanks guys :D
Old April 14th, 2013, 02:03 AM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftNut View Post
Alright, I released a patch. Check the first post for the link.
Sweet, a release! I'm loving the gameplay so far. I used the male OW, but is the female OW custom?
Old April 14th, 2013, 02:32 PM
LeftNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkish Purple View Post
Sweet, a release! I'm loving the gameplay so far. I used the male OW, but is the female OW custom?
I'll release one eventually, I don't know what I want it to look like yet
Old April 15th, 2013, 04:32 PM
LeftNut

For anyone reading this, here's a little sneak peak at something coming in the next update.

That's one of two or three fakemon that will appear in the game. It's Leaflett, a part-grass evolution to Diglett. You get it by using a Leafstone on Diglett.

Last edited by LeftNut; April 15th, 2013 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Removed allcaps on Leafstone
Old April 16th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Eren Jaeger
Pianoist

Nature: Serious
Hey! This is so original! I'll try this one out!
Old April 17th, 2013, 07:44 AM
ominousacid95
Pokémon YouTube Version! :]

Nature: Jolly
Interesting, it's a really original idea and I hope to see this continued :]
Old April 19th, 2013, 10:57 AM
LeftNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaedearagaki View Post
Hey! This is so original! I'll try this one out!
Good luck and have fun :D
Old April 20th, 2013, 10:33 PM
LeftNut

Added in a section for added Pokemon, both fake or from later gens.

Also, Sylveon's gonna be in the hack.

Old April 21st, 2013, 09:21 PM
HersheysPink

Nature: Relaxed
I absolutely love this hack so far lol At first I was kind of turned away, because of the starters. I love that they're different from the normal starters, definitely yes, since time after time of using the same starters and ect can get fairly boring. Just not a fan of bug pokemon in general though. I decided to revisit tonight, since from what I saw up until the starters, the storyline was hilarious and amusing. Since replaying it, the storyline still retains that same feeling. Also love that your father's painkillers heals you xD
Old April 22nd, 2013, 10:31 AM
LeftNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by HersheysPink View Post
I absolutely love this hack so far lol At first I was kind of turned away, because of the starters. I love that they're different from the normal starters, definitely yes, since time after time of using the same starters and ect can get fairly boring. Just not a fan of bug pokemon in general though. I decided to revisit tonight, since from what I saw up until the starters, the storyline was hilarious and amusing. Since replaying it, the storyline still retains that same feeling. Also love that your father's painkillers heals you xD
Thanks, glad to know you're enjoying it :D
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:14 AM
Giant Magikarp
I like Iris...

Nature: Adamant
At first I was turned away from this hack because of the starters (I HATE BUG TYPES)

but I'm enjoying it and what is that triple kick thing? New move?

Tis hack is so original and amusing. Good luck on this hack!!!
Old April 23rd, 2013, 07:40 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Magikarp View Post
but I'm enjoying it and what is that triple kick thing? New move?
So new that it's been introduced in generation 2.
It's Hitmontop's signature move.
Triple Kick Bulbapedia

Anyways... Can you work more on Sylveon's sprite...?
I don't think it looks nice enough to be put into ROM...

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 23rd, 2013, 11:08 AM
LeftNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Triple Kick Bulbapedia

Yeah, I'll agree it does need a little more work. Trust me, the back sprite is MUCH better.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 06:41 PM
Giant Magikarp
I like Iris...

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Triple Kick Bulbapedia

Oh, sorry I haven't used Hitmontop in my whole life
Old April 26th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Dimebag

Nature: Gentle
This looks like a really interesting and alternative hack and the rock soundtrack seems to be awesome idea ! The only thing that turns me off is the fakemons and a little bit of the mapping...

\m/ KYUSS \m/
Old April 26th, 2013, 07:36 AM
LeftNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gam3r! View Post
This looks like a really interesting and alternative hack and the rock soundtrack seems to be awesome idea ! The only thing that turns me off is the fakemons and a little bit of the mapping...
All fakemons are obtained through evolution and will not be encountered unless you are specifically trying to get them. No trainers will have them and they won't appear in the wild at all. I only included them because some friends from my facebook page said they wanted to use them :p
Old May 3rd, 2013, 10:02 AM
L0RD G3NGAR
Community Supporter

Are you still working on this?

My Pokemon Y friend code:1521-4183-4396
In game name:Kylee
Timezone:Eastern
Old May 7th, 2013, 08:51 AM
LeftNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamebot View Post
Are you still working on this?
Yeah, but I'm going through a move right now. In between looking for a new job, getting into a college, and many other things, I didn't have much time to make any major progress.

However, I did add a few things, the most notable being this.

There was much more progress with things like the story and stuff, but I don't wanna spoil any of that.
Old May 7th, 2013, 12:19 PM
L0RD G3NGAR
Community Supporter

I like the idea of it. I hope scyther evolves by level. Also the town you get your fathers medicine seems like the buildings are to far apart.Also if you lose to the gym leader there it takes you to the fire gym. If you leave that one you come out of the building near your cave

Old May 7th, 2013, 04:34 PM
LeftNut

Quote:
I like the idea of it. I hope scyther evolves by level. Also the town you get your fathers medicine seems like the buildings are to far apart.Also if you lose to the gym leader there it takes you to the fire gym. If you leave that one you come out of the building near your cave

Yeah, I can't figure out how to fix that yet so I just put a sign up explaining the glitch and had it bring you back to the start :I
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:27 AM
LeftNut

I haven't posted here in a while, so I'm just gonna put this here to prove that there's still something going on with this.

That's an early version of the female overworld. It's still missing some shading, and some frames are still unfinished. I plan to have this completed by the next update, along with the story advancing by at least 2 more gym battles.

Also to be included in the next update is something many people from my facebook page have been asking for since I revealed Yoshi: MANY non-pokemon characters as Pokemon. This includes, among others, some Sonic characters like Sonic, Tails and Knuckles, Legend of Zelda's Stalfos and Gibdo, and Drawn Together's Ling Ling (Pictured below)

That backsprite is only a placeholder, since those things are hell to make.

Of course, I'm open to any suggestions for characters to add as Pokemon, as long as they make sense.

As for when the next release will be out, I have no idea.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 07:36 AM
L0RD G3NGAR
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftNut View Post
I haven't posted here in a while, so I'm just gonna put this here to prove that there's still something going on with this.

That's an early version of the female overworld. It's still missing some shading, and some frames are still unfinished. I plan to have this completed by the next update, along with the story advancing by at least 2 more gym battles.

Also to be included in the next update is something many people from my facebook page have been asking for since I revealed Yoshi: MANY non-pokemon characters as Pokemon. This includes, among others, some Sonic characters like Sonic, Tails and Knuckles, Legend of Zelda's Stalfos and Gibdo, and Drawn Together's Ling Ling (Pictured below)

That backsprite is only a placeholder, since those things are hell to make.

Of course, I'm open to any suggestions for characters to add as Pokemon, as long as they make sense.

As for when the next release will be out, I have no idea.
How about kirby? Kirby could be another "eevee" like pokemon, because it has many forms, sword, fire, ice, wheel, pickachu kirby, mariokirby, and others but those were the ones that came to mind. Anyways I think it would be a cool Idea.,

Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:34 PM
LeftNut

Quote:
How about kirby? Kirby could be another "eevee" like pokemon, because it has many forms, sword, fire, ice, wheel, pickachu kirby, mariokirby, and others but those were the ones that came to mind. Anyways I think it would be a cool Idea.,
That's... that's genius. It's going in
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links