The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Technology & Internet

Notices

Technology & Internet The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Old April 13th, 2013, 10:47 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
How big/often are your mistakes in programming?

Old April 13th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Archenoth
The arch foe

Nature: Lonely
I make 'em all the time. But usually they are not syntax errors, but rather errors in logic.

To mitigate this as much as I can I end up writing small amounts of stupid-dynamic code that I spend a lot of time on to make as solid as I can so that I can reuse it for mostly everything in some given task. That cuts down in the places that I need to look when I am debugging my code.
Old April 13th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Mine can be either a missing semicolon, or when Intellisense doesn't pick up on capitalization and doesn't properly set itself.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old April 13th, 2013, 08:35 PM
dcjboi
With Quiet Courage

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to dcjboi
Often very minor. One mistake can sometimes be little to nothing and at other times it can be a homewrecker. I'm not getting into much aside from HTML but I've begun to look at C++ and it only gets harder from here on out.

Based on how often I make mistakes it's a shame although I usually do it through Trial and Error.

Old April 14th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Pretty much what Arch said.
Thanks to VS 2k12, there's almost no way of making syntax error =D
But yeah, making logic errors is pretty common for me...
Old April 15th, 2013, 02:09 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly
I know it isn't really a "programming" language, but whenever I am writing and or modifying a PHP file, I always hate it when I refresh and then see a "Server Error" only because I forgot that darn semicolon at the end of a string
Fairy
Old April 15th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
I can share the semi-colon sentiments. I was scripting for an online pServer of Ragnarok Online and I would skip semi-colons so often, even though I would double- and triple-check everything before running a test launch. Ugh. Programming errors are so frustrating because the tiniiiessttt of things can sent everything running into a destructive, unwarranted tangent.

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old April 15th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Kotowari
Will be back eventually
Community Supporter Tier 5

It's not exactly programming, but it's definitally in the same league as the semi colon, and then I'm talking about "," and "." as devider in decimal numbers. Depending on the language settings of the computer (and Excel's) this changes.
And it sucks than when I'm working with big data files, recalculating everything, get an entirely wrong result... and it's always the "." or ",". I hate it. >B
(Thank god for "Find and Replace").

"We shall build a peaceful world... Just you and me..."
Old April 15th, 2013, 02:03 PM
R.F.
totally human

The times I code (which isn't quite that often in the moment) I get always stuck in logical errors, since most syntax errors are shown immediately after I made them (modern IDEs make things really easy), but logical ones are sometimes really hard to find.

I think, most of the time I spend debuging my code (even though I tend to document nearly everything I do) xD
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links