The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 15th, 2013, 07:13 AM
BraveNewWorld
The Breaker

Nature: Adamant
From the fifth gen I'd like to see Darumaka and Darmanitan return.
Old April 15th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to #18
A lot of Generation I Pokemon. The three starters, & so many more that would take me forever to type out lol.

❤ 18
Old April 15th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I also wouldn't mind for some Gen IV Pokemon to make some sort of return in this generation, though I'm unsure of whether they made an appearance last generation. If so, just stick to Hoenn and Johto Pokemon, really.
Old April 16th, 2013, 12:39 AM
Tsunagi
I liek mudkipz

Nature: Relaxed
Hoenn Pokemon! They were baws back then. I would love to see them return, brings back memories :D
Especially the Weather Trio, they could be either bonus catchable Pokemons, or take up some space in the storyline
Old April 16th, 2013, 01:26 AM
metalhand

gligar and gliscor! and i hope that it would be east(or at least not so hard)to obtain the razor fang
Old April 16th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Naikado

Growlithe <3 though hopefully not as early and easily available since everyone I know used it in B2

I wouldn't want it to mostly be new Pokemon, because a lot of B/W Pokemon felt like shoddy replacements of Pokemon that already existed. And then ice cream. Which was stupid.

Also a lot of Gen III/IV Pokemon, because otherwise I'll sink back into using only Gen I or Gen II Pokemon once again.
Old April 16th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Whitney's Shaymin
Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I want Shroomish and Breloom from Hoenn along with the Mareep, Flaffy, and Ampharos

"The Incredibly Pretty Girl"

Gym Leader Whitney
link | link | link

FC: 4699-7156-4669 IGN: Gavin
Old April 16th, 2013, 08:22 AM
BraveNewWorld
The Breaker

Should we assume that the Pokemon shown in the trailers will be obtainable in X and/or Y? If that's the case then we know that, at least, these past Pokemon will be available.

Pikachu (Pichu, Raichu)
Gligar (Gliscor)
Psyduck (Golduck)
Kirlia (Ralts, Gardevoir, Gallade)
Patrat (Watchog)
Pansear (Simisear)
Munchlax (Snorlax)
Mienfoo (Mienshao)
Magikarp (Gyarados)
Golurk (Golett)
Dratini (Dragonair, Dragonite)
Zangoose
Machamp (Machop, Machoke)
Genesect
Mewtwo
Old April 16th, 2013, 08:26 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I have my doubts on Mewtwo, and I don't think Genesect will be in these games...one legend from an old region is enough.
Old April 24th, 2013, 08:08 PM
amtgardbarbar
Unhatched Egg

I want a game that has every generation. I know that would be one long game but still. I love almost every pokemon and I would love to be able to make my dream team with out so much trading.
Old April 24th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
It definitely be cool to have a <insert # of Pokémon here> game, but that kinda defeats the whole purpose of having interaction between games. Of course, that's exactly what you are aiming for, but from how Game Freak and Nintendo want the games to turn out, they're going to involve trading in them to promote interaction between players.
Old April 24th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
Should we assume that the Pokemon shown in the trailers will be obtainable in X and/or Y? If that's the case then we know that, at least, these past Pokemon will be available.

Pikachu (Pichu, Raichu)
Gligar (Gliscor)
Psyduck (Golduck)
Kirlia (Ralts, Gardevoir, Gallade)
Patrat (Watchog)
Pansear (Simisear)
Munchlax (Snorlax)
Mienfoo (Mienshao)
Magikarp (Gyarados)
Golurk (Golett)
Dratini (Dragonair, Dragonite)
Zangoose
Machamp (Machop, Machoke)
Genesect
Mewtwo

No, those are shown for viewing only. As far as we know none of those are Pokemon that are actually in game. They are just there to show off the Game's graphics. They do this all the time with promotional material. Which led to huge disappointments in the past since they always show Pokemon not available in games for mock up pictures.

Genesect is also a Download only Pokemon. Like all the others there isn't much chance of that changing. We may get an item but still you'd have to get it from an event meaning there'd be no way to get to Genesect without having an event present.

As for Mewtwo, I don't think he plays any part in the games. Sorta like the Keldeo hype during B2W2. Big promo showing off his new form...doesn't do anything or isn't even part of the story.

But, ya they have that "Not actual game footage" thing going on so odds are against them being in the game itself.

Seeing as we'll be getting a regional bug set, Bird, Pikachu Clone, and regional rat...I doubt we'll see any of the originals in the game right off (except maybe Pikachu but ya never know). I kinda want Pidgey back in for my own biased reasons.

Oh right there are three possibles in since they were part of the statue, Golurk, Eevee, and Plapitoad.
Old April 25th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtgardbarbar View Post
I want a game that has every generation. I know that would be one long game but still. I love almost every pokemon and I would love to be able to make my dream team with out so much trading.
I don't think they'll have every Pokemon up for capture, especially since there's still ways to trade with the DS. If this wasn't the case, maybe, but I really doubt they'll have everything to capture during main gameplay unfortunately!
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Bumfluff1202

Nature: Timid
I don't want to sound picky or anything but I am a Forza addict but if they was to make a Pokemon game where you could catch every single one from every single game on one cartridge for the DS.. that would be epic and that will takeover my Forza addiction haha.
Old April 28th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I also wouldn't mind for some Gen IV Pokemon to make some sort of return in this generation, though I'm unsure of whether they made an appearance last generation. If so, just stick to Hoenn and Johto Pokemon, really.
Other than a lot of the new evolutions to older Pokémon (like Electivire, Magmortar, Magnezone, etc.), there was some Sinnoh Pokémon (Skorupi, Bronzor, Carnivine, Croagunk, Riolu, Buneary, Combee, Buizel, and all of their evolutions), so they were included last generation. In all honestly, all of the previous generation were pretty well represented in B2/W2, so I'd be perfectly fine if they continued that trend again.
Old April 28th, 2013, 01:25 PM
AniRain
Goddess of Storms

I'd love to see a lot of the Hoenn Pokemon again... Breloom, Altaria, Flygon, Absol, Snorunt... Some of the Sinnoh Pokemon too: Luxray and Empoleon obviously!! Staraptor, Toxicroak, Leafeon and Glaceon, Dusknoir, Froslass and more from the other Reigons too but... yeah, these especially!

Here Comes:
The Storm!
Old April 28th, 2013, 01:53 PM
R.F.
totally human

I'd like many of them to return, better sooner than later, because I had some serious issues getting a good team (and by good I mean that there wasn't that big of a variety, which I simply liked).

some Pokemon I'd like to return:
Ralts + evolutions
Skarmory
Trapinch
Ditto (you know why)
Old April 28th, 2013, 02:49 PM
ilias_
I completed the Pokédex!

I don't want old Pokemon to be in the regional Pokedex! But I would love to see Vulpix in the wild grass again! haha
I want to see lots of new Pokemon and new types tbh. I am wishing for a Dragon/Psychic Pokemon this time.
Although, I am pretty sure we will be able to tranfer our old favorite Pokemon to X&Y!

Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old April 28th, 2013, 02:55 PM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
...but to be honest I would rather the old pokemon that return include more pokemon that haven't been the first picks in the past...some more obscure pokemon.
This. It get's really tiring that all the first picks were the more iconic ones, and less of the really awesome Pokemon. I'd like to see the return of Dratini and Porygon from generation 1, Aipom, Smeargle and Skarmory from generation 2, Spinda, Trapinch, Electrike, Zigzagoon, and Ralts from generation 3, Starly, Shinx, Bronzor, and Rotom from generation IV, and Lillipup from Generation 5. There's more if I think deeply, but this is the best I wanted.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old April 28th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
but to be honest I would rather the old pokemon that return include more pokemon that haven't been the first picks in the past...some more obscure pokemon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
This. It get's really tiring that all the first picks were the more iconic ones, and less of the really awesome Pokemon.
I agree with both of you. I would like to see pokemon that are a little more obscure. I think it would make things more interesting.
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:35 PM
CrossZero
Blender Maker

It could be great to have AAAAALLLLL pokémons of AAAAAALLLLLL generations capturable without any other thing, just ingame, with out events, trading and that things, that would be just awesome, but i think that would never happend u.u

Se ya
Why wont you let me hide from me!?
Mirror... tell me some thing... tell me whos the loneliest fo all?
I am the lonliest... of all
Old April 30th, 2013, 12:23 AM
Krookodile777
Togepi

Honestly I hope absolutely none, I want it like that one game where there literally was no appearance of old pokemon until after the game had been beaten

But, if there must be I'd want to see cool things like Charmanders, Squirtles, Bulbasaurs, and all of that in the wild lol

https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&...15-61212-99488
Or 15-61212-99488 (Watch on your DS)
(^Good battle video of mine)
Old May 3rd, 2013, 02:54 PM
queenditto

Nature: Serious
Ralts would be lovely, more gen 3 pokemon the better imo That's my biggest nostalgia pokemon game for me, despite playing gen 1 and 2 as well XD
Old May 4th, 2013, 07:29 AM
jellotime91

I actually wish B/W had done the national dex thing, and then B/W2 was only new Pokemon. While I played B/W, I was wishing the old Pokemon were there... But when I played B/W2, I was used to the new Pokemon, and I actually liked being restricted to just new Pokemon. It made the game a little easier, because I didn't have to remember the type of all the old Pokemon, too.

For the next game, I'm hoping it's like 90% new Pokemon. I appreciate the old standbys, like Pidgey (or better yet Starly,) and the new evolutions, but I really would like the main game to be mostly new Pokemon. I really like getting to know all the new ones.
Old May 4th, 2013, 12:49 PM
pokehearts
I like trains.

Nature: Naive
Lucario, Gallade, Lucario, Gallade, Did I mention Lucario? or Gallade?

Friend Codes:
White 2: 2538 1585 2551

The unofficial Train Master of the Pokecommunity
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links