The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old April 11th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Cavalreaper
Pokemon Breeder

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limanya View Post
Yes. A symbol is unique, but in the rare case that two trolls share a symbol, it means they're in an ancestor-descendant relationship. It's mentioned somewhere that every caste has a huge alphabet of symbols, and it's generally frowned upon to have a fantroll sharing the same symbol as a canon troll. Call me the fantroll expert of the club XD
Limanya is right. Vriska mentions this when we're introduced to Mindfang's journal.

Quote:
About original characters, do you guys have fantrolls? I have 13 fantrolls, twelve fansession ones and one which is the start of my 7 deadly sins-set. She's Lust.
I have three. One is a rustblood named Varoth Sankar, one is a cobaltblood named Valkea Eldrid, and the last is a brownblood named Bahari Lathem. Varoth is a meta-anarchist who collects scrap metal, Valkea is a bigoted arsonist, and Bahari is a female troll with some manic issues.

Last edited by Cavalreaper; April 11th, 2013 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 12th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Limanya
Page of Breath

Nature: Docile
I have actually 14, sorry. One is a dancestor XD

Anyways, HAPPY 4/13 EVERYONE!
Old April 13th, 2013, 03:13 AM
Avant Garde
take me to the other side

Nature: Sassy
OMFG I FORGOT! HAPPY HOMESTUCK DAY EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!

I'm sensing a big flash animation for Year 4 of Homestuck and maybe another recap log? I hope so!

EDIT: Update:

Spoiler:
I didn't know you could remove the God Tier clothing! And when the meteor gang just popped out of nowhere, its liek some crazy voodoo to John!
and then you bite your lip whisper and say
we're going all the way

Last edited by Avant Garde; April 13th, 2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old April 13th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
Arianator

Bluh, had to take the ACT today. But a funny thing on there...during the mathematics portion of the test, there was a question along th lines of

"A new mathematical function has been created to relate ordered pairs, simbolized by: ♦." etc etc

I wrote "HUSSIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!" on my test document because it reminded me, of course, of the moirails and the symbols.

AND ALSO OMGGGG A TASTE FOR ADVENTURE MADE IT INTO A FLASH *band nerd squeal*

You play too much
Old April 13th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Limanya
Page of Breath

Nature: Docile
A Taste For Adventure already was in a flash, even before the album was released. Jane: Enter or something? Idk.
Old April 14th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Avant Garde

Update:

Spoiler:

Make sure you are really ready for this.
Spoiler:
OKAY WHAT THE FUDGECAKES! HOMESTUCK IS ON HIATUS!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......................................................................

Oh well, more reason to reread Homestuck again... ;;
we're going all the way
Old April 14th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
Arianator

Quote:
A Taste For Adventure already was in a flash, even before the album was released. Jane: Enter or something? Idk.
what no way did i miss it? ill have to watch it again once i get my hands on another computer

You play too much
Old April 14th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Nature: Naive
... Homestuck... Is on hiatus... for months...

I think I have to lie down and shudder for a while. And then I'll keep rereading it. I'm in the beginning of Act 5 Act 2 on my second reread now, but last time I quit when I reached Act 6. This time I will read Act 6 carefully to get a grasp of what's really going on when, because now I am somewhat confused about what things happened in the confusing Act 5 Act 2 and what happened in the large and multiversal Act 6.

somebody called for the Doctor?
Auspistice | Matesprit | Moirail | Kismesis
- Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers -

Old April 14th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Avant Garde

Yeah... it could even take a year and Homestuck might start again at the End of Year 5!

So, just started my second reread of Homestuck and unlike the first read, which was so fast and easily caught up, I'll take things slow and easy this time around.
we're going all the way
Old April 14th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
Arianator

April 14th, 2013. 5:30 pm: Haha you guys hussie is just kidding homestuck will be back tomorrow! hehe that *******.

April 14th, 2013. 6:00 pm: RRRRRRRRAAAAAGH WTF HUSSIE WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?!?! SLAVE AT THE COMPUTER FOR US! SLAAAAAAAVE!!!! (censored)

April 14th, 2013. 7:15 pm: C'mon hussie! ill help you wrote homestuck, make the game, whatever! cmon just hear me out

April 14th, 2013. 8:00 pm: i wish i never started reading homestuck...my life is a mess, and here i am blubbering like a baby about it going down for what, a few months? im pathetic.....why hussie, why?????

April 14th, 2013. 9:10 pm: You know what i dont even give a **** at this point. im off to play dark souls yaloooo *throws peace sign*

(no but for real im still gonna be around i wasnt really leaving)

You play too much
Old April 15th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Avant Garde

Currently listening to Homestuck songs right now and I didn't read Homestuck for today. Like I said, I want to take things slow.

So, what do you think about the Kickstarter Game? Would it really be the worth of no Homestuck? Maybe for a year?
we're going all the way
Old April 15th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Hahhaa Lt. Col, kind of like that yeah...

I often listen to Homestuck songs ^^ They are great backgrund music for studying, browsing the web or just about anything.

After this reread, I realized that I love Act 4. That's where the trolls begin making a mess (at least Kanaya, Vriska, Terezi and Karkat) and where John is starting to get into the game and the exiles do their antics and all.

I really hope the game is going to be a rather open RPG with replay value. And not just a linear adventure game, which Hussie makes it sound like now :(

Old April 15th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
Arianator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post

I really hope the game is going to be a rather open RPG with replay value. And not just a linear adventure game, which Hussie makes it sound like now :(
yo i heard there was this pretty good rpg called Checkmate and I thpught maybe we could do that since we're going to be homestuck deprived for a while?

*nudges red*

you know, that thing

*second nudge*

maybe a certain ghost could help us with that

*third nudge*

what im getting at is checkmate is what needs to be happening

(pleasee?)

;D

You play too much
Old April 15th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Well ok, why not.

✜ If a PLAYER is slain, the KISS has to be given to the corpse and the DREAMSELF will come alive.

✜ If a DREAMSELF is slain, the PLAYER will nevermore dream on the MOONS.

✜ If a PLAYER with a dead DREAMSELF is slain, the player enters the AFTERLIFE.

CHECKMATE
: r...e...d...u...x

A strangely dramatic view and cryptic text comprises the front of the game you just received in the mail. It is called CHESS but it is a computer game and not a tabletop game. Inside, you find a thin leaflet telling you that CHESS will challenge gaming as humanity knows it by featuring both creating and building, hack'n'slash killing, adventurous mysteries and the most vivid and challenging roleplaying since the days of text games.

Unsuspecting or not, you eventually do install the game and attempt to play it together with other seemingly random people across the world who have received a similar copy of CHESS from an anonymous sender. Little do you know that this game is the only chance for you and your newfound friends to survive the apocalypse that the very existence of the game brought about in the first place...

That teaser good enough for you, friend?

Old April 15th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
Arianator

yay consider me teased

just curius, how many people here would consider heading to the roleplay corner if there was a roleplay like red's teaser depicts? (grammar fail, right there.)

You play too much
Old April 15th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Doctor
Allons-y!

It won't be canon Homestuck, mind you. It will be even more different than the first Checkmate. All for the sake of forumroleplayability and accessibility for nonstuckers :> But yeah, it would be fun with some homestuckers in the game of course. They would know how to prototype, alchemize and act on Derse and Prospit properly ^^ Oh, and Jack will be part of the RP too. He's just too awesome to leave out, even when cutting a lot of other SBURB aspects.

Still hope Hussie's game will be something like this, freeplay! And not an interactive reading thing, like a looooooong Alterniabound maybe. I think that's what he's aiming for though. But we can only wait and see. Wait. So long... ugh ._. I might as well make a fantroll in the meantime xD

EDIT: Or fiddle around with stuff. Guys, I updated the looks of this thread's opening post a bit to better reflect the recent turn of events in the comic. How do you like it? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahahahahahhahaahha
etc

Last edited by Doctor; April 15th, 2013 at 03:43 PM.
Old April 16th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
Arianator

The new Opening post looks smashing!

or rather, dare i say, Fantastic? *buhdum tsh*

UM OKAY NEW TOPIC

At what point in the comic did you feel the most anticipation?

There probably a better word for that. Basically what Im trying to sayis, when did you get that knot of dread in your stomach? Popluar choices are Gamzee's murder rage and Caliborn: Enter. For me, it was when Eridan flipped his lid and killed Fef 38( sad day.....mainly because those were two of my favorite trolls and one died and the other turned evil (kinda. more like nihilist) so was saddened. But then Sollux didn't die so I was like "yay one (of my favs) lived"

Oh hey, maybe we can call it What is the scariest part of Homestuck (in your opinion)?

You play too much
Old April 16th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Avant Garde

What is the scariest part of Homestuck (in your opinion)

Equius: Seek the highbl00d.

There's nothing scarier than Nepeta travelling in a vent with super eerie music, Equius' confrontation with Gamzee and unfortunately the death of Equius and Nepeta ::::<
we're going all the way
Old April 17th, 2013, 02:26 AM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
Arianator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gunner View Post

There's nothing scarier than Nepeta travelling in a vent with super eerie music, Equius' confrontation with Gamzee and unfortunately the death of Equius and Nepeta ::::<
Oooh, yeah that was my second choice! I got chills when Equius thought Gamzee was Terezi

You play too much
Old April 18th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Cavalreaper
Pokemon Breeder

I went to a pretty big Homestuck meetup on 4/13. Here are some pictures I took! The quality is pretty terrible because I had to shrink the images. To check them out, click here. I also have pictures from an earlier meet. To see them, click here.

In other news, damn. This is going to be a really long hiatus.
Old April 19th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Avant Garde

Second Repeat of Homestuck Upd8:

Pretty much still in Act 1 where we get to see Jade's present and John's server copy, the one that John wont get for another 4 acts and an intermission, for the first time. And while I was watching the part where John was outside and I saw

Spoiler:
John's hand near the HOMESTUCK Title near the sun. Well maybe it was just me coz there was this white thing I dunno if it was John's hand or not.
we're going all the way
Old April 19th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Quote:

This was definitely the scariest part for me. >_< I was glad I was going through it on the main floor of the house and not down in my bedroom which is in the basement, far away from everyone else in the house, haha.

I actually get a bit nervous now whenever I hear that honk noise. :'(

But that's not the point where I felt the most anticipation which for me is a different feeling than fear/suspense. I think that was either... when John found Grimdark Rose and they were about to discover that their parents were dead or when Terezi had to take action re: Vriska. For both of these I really just wanted to see the outcome, no matter what it was.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old April 19th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Quote:

Pretty much still in Act 1 where we get to see Jade's present and John's server copy, the one that John wont get for another 4 acts and an intermission, for the first time. And while I was watching the part where John was outside and I saw

Spoiler:
John's hand near the HOMESTUCK Title near the sun. Well maybe it was just me coz there was this white thing I dunno if it was John's hand or not.
On this reread I finally got a grasp of how little really happened in Act 1 and 2 and how much really happened in Act 3 and 4! Some of the most memorable parts of Homestuck. Like this one. And parts you almost forget but that become important on a reread. Like this one.

Also, yes. Look here. :)

What is the scariest part of Homestuck (in your opinion) ?

Seek the highblood was really creepy, but the scariest part by far is still this, imo. A page or two after [S] Cascade, called [S] Begin Intermission 2. I'm sure you all remember it. I watched it at 3 am or something. The honks made me so darn paranoid. Those honks. Horrorterrors aint got nothing against this. Basically, LE is one of the scariest characters ever, not just in Homestuck.

At what point in the comic did you feel the most anticipation?

It might have been when I first began reading Homestuck last summer and rather quickly skimmed through Act 1 and Act 2 with wild abandon and amusement. Then suddenly [S] WV: Ascend. Mind****, somewhat. The large scope of Homestuck suddenly struck me and I found salvation. Huss be praised. Epicness ahoy.

Also, now before the kids began to group up again I felt a lot of anticipation for how it was all going to go down ^^ And now we now and it's, uh, nothing like we expected. So. Ahaha.

And also I think I had a homestuckgasm when Dave and Rose ascended to got tiger.

Also. Wat.

And Cavalreaper, that looks like fun :) Ah, one of these days maybe I'll give up my non-nerd facade and go to a convention of some kind... Nah, not likely. But. It does seem like people have fun. Wouldn't dress up though ;p

Old April 19th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Cavalreaper
Pokemon Breeder

Quote:

Spoiler:
Yeah, it's a hand. Hussie went back and added John's hand to every panel shown in the update, including flashes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
And Cavalreaper, that looks like fun Ah, one of these days maybe I'll give up my non-nerd facade and go to a convention of some kind... Nah, not likely. But. It does seem like people have fun. Wouldn't dress up though ;p
Yeah, it really was! It's a group of Homestuck fans that all meet up in a park and hang out. There are a few people who go in costumes, but I usually don't (mainly because making a costume costs a lot of money). However, last time I went as a humanstuck!Nepeta. A good friend of mine made me some horns, so I might be able to get some serious cosplaying done soon. I can see why you wouldn't want to go, though. It's not for everyone.

So, everyone, what's your favorite troll?

Last edited by Cavalreaper; April 19th, 2013 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 19th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Not all flashes. Or maybe John zapped away before [s] Make her pay started ;)

EDIT: oh look, the map of Homestuck finally updated!
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?viewmap=6

Also this is neat:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/13fbaaad9...e7uo1_1280.png

Last edited by Doctor; April 21st, 2013 at 03:35 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links