• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

MAJOR Explosion at Boston Marathon

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I just saw ~50 really graphic photos from the bombing on buzzfeed, all I can say from that is the dismemberment rumor is very true. e____________e

I won't even attempt to make speculations on who did this or why, it's entirely up in the air at this point.

Years
Well, domestic terrorism then. Shouldn't be an Al Qaeda-exclusive term.

Apparently the fire department uncovered a third detonated device.

You're right. But it is usually everyone's first conclusion here, especially given that this is a major American city.

And yeah, I had heard there was a third & possible fourth device that was diffused by bomb squad not too long ago.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
..I went to the JFK Library with my grandmother and father, one of the best days of my life. I know some people that go to these Marathons, I don't know if they are injured or not, but it's still pretty scary. I really hope that everybody else is going to be okay and I hope that the families that may have lost their loved ones be okay.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
CNN is reporting that the number of people injured has risen from 28 to 49, with the Boston Globe reporting over 100 injured, and that number will probably continue to rise, unfortunately.

Prayers are with everyone in Boston and all those affected in this crisis.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Damn it Biden, it's still too early for that! But it might just turn out to be a bombing. Maybe homegrown terrorism? Another misunderstood teenager?
Yeah, that's all it would take. One person could definitely do something like this, it doesn't have to be some big evil organization.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I seriously hope there isn't anymore bombings or explosions that happen today or even anytime soon. This is just horrific. Any PC users near or in Boston just please stay inside your home and be safe.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I don't think I can ask the question, "What is wrong with our world?" anymore. This is truly a tragedy. What really hits me is that this marathon was specially dedicated to the kids from Newtown, so for this to happen now, I'm absolutely horrified. This feels all to familiar to me from when 9/11 occurred. Albeit not on as large of a scale, but still as effective and tragic on top of the third explosion at the JFK library.

Years
Someone who sets up a bomb probably want to make a statement. Maybe nobody's taking responsibility yet because they want the death count to go up? I like the motivation in the army soldiers. The explosion doesn't seem that big though - maybe a couple ounces of explosive?

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
President Barack Obama will address the nation at 6:10 PM EST, in about 20 minutes from now.

Someone who sets up a bomb probably want to make a statement. Maybe nobody's taking responsibility yet because they want the death count to go up? I like the motivation in the army soldiers. The explosion doesn't seem that big though - maybe a couple ounces of explosive?

Although nobody knows who did committed this yet, it seems like this was an act of domestic terrorism given the types of bombs used. Apparently they were homemade. Regardless, this seems like it was very well-coordinated.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
It's just so disgusting to read of terrorist attacks like this... not only at a marathon with tens of thousands of people, but at a memorial service for those poor children at Sandy Hill. It's even more disgusting to see that an act of (presumably) domestic terrorism has, this time, succeeded to a degree. My full condolences to anyone who was killed or seriously injured in this attack; this is simply horrific...

Guy

just a guy
Years
Whoever is responsible for this certainly knew what they were doing. It definitely seems more like a domestic act of terrorism than anything else though. Whether it was by the hand of one man or many.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I was kinda hoping this was a suicide bomb and that the two reported dead were those responsible, but no... Reports that an eight-year-old child was one of the fatalities

Messed up.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
Apparently a Saudi national has been identified as a suspect. Great, I can feel the after effects of racism & stereotyping as repercussions from this coming from a mile away.

Years
This attack might not have been too difficult. The person might've hidden two small packages that very day. The Boston police says that the Saudi national suspect is not true.

Back