The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old April 15th, 2013 (02:09 PM). Edited August 3rd, 2013 by Adventure.
Adventure

Nature: Naive

✜ If a PLAYER is slain, the KISS has to be given to the corpse and the DREAMSELF will come alive.

✜ If a DREAMSELF is slain, the PLAYER will nevermore dream on the MOONS.

✜ If a PLAYER with a dead DREAMSELF is slain, the player enters the AFTERLIFE.

CHECKMATE
: r...e...d...u...x

this is the OOC thread - HERE IS THE IC THREAD
A strangely dramatic view and cryptic text comprises the front of the game you just received in the mail. It is called CHESS but it is a computer game and not a tabletop game. Inside, you find a thin leaflet telling you that CHESS will challenge gaming as humanity knows it by featuring both creating and building, hack'n'slash killing, adventurous mysteries and the most vivid and challenging roleplaying since the days of text games.

Unsuspecting or not, you eventually do install the game and attempt to play it together with other seemingly random people across the world who have received a similar copy of CHESS from an anonymous sender. Little do you know that this game is the only chance for you and your newfound friends to survive the apocalypse that the very existence of the game brought about in the first place...

Without disclosing too much, this is the most advanced game ever created. It will take a little while before you understand that, though.

When you first install CHESS, you have to choose an available COLOR to represent you. The introduction phase of the game will then give you tasks to perform on the screen before a time counter runs out. If you do this right, you will begin the game of true CHESS. But you are in for a surprise...

All of a sudden, you are not controlling a character on the screen anymore - you are living the game as the player, yourself. You have stepped into a world of health bars, character stats and skills, a world which you cannot escape. Once you have entered the game of CHESS, you have to keep playing. Or perish.

You will explore LANDS, learn to fight, awaken supernatural ASPECTS, attach a whole new meaning to DREAMING, ALCHEMIZE the most extraordinary or crazy items imaginable and probably befriend TALKING ANIMALS. All while trying your best to ROLEPLAY to fit your given role and grow in LEVELS and stay alive as well as stay friends with the other PLAYERS in the game. You are all swimming in the same boat now, so to speak.

But what is the true purpose of CHESS?
What really happened to the Earth you left behind?
And can you handle the truth? The truth about the UNIVERSE itself.
That this is not just a game, but at the same time,
everything always was.

ABOUT THE ROLEPLAY

This is a remake and remix of a previous RP of mine, called CHECKMATE. As such, it is based on the same thing but will be very different and much more adapted for people who have never heard of Homestuck. Both in playstyle, details and plot. I will be a player of my own but also control some other important characters.

It might seem a bit similar to Sword Art Online too, since the players will be stuck inside a game and have an inventory, levels and skill sets.

It will be divided into a number of ACTS. If a player leaves mid-act, spots will open up for replacements with new characters in a pause in between the acts. There might be new OOC or IC threads for each acts, we'll see.

At the end of the introduction phase, the game will assign each player a class judging from how they have acted and performed. Using what is stated below as base ground, you are free to develop the interpretation of your class a little. You will get to choose your class OOC but your character will not get to choose IC. Explanations to classes:

MAGE - focuses on altering things and bringing about changes, both literally and metaphorically. Gains bonus for using their aspect (magic). The dramatic class.

PRIEST - focuses on information, knowledge and advising. Bonus for intricate planning. Bonus for complicating things :) The enlightened class.

KNIGHT - focuses on attacking and offense, being rather straightforward about things. Simply put, bonus for attacking. The offensive class.

BARD - focuses on protecting, aiding and helping. Bonus for acts of defense. The defensive class.

ROGUE - focuses on stealth and displacement of things. Bonus for stealing, in any way. The shadowy class.

SMITH - focuses on alternatives and possibilities, being inventive and creative. Bonus for exploring. The unpredictable class.

In case you wondered, yes you will be assigned an ASPECT as well, meaning a type of magic. But I will decide what magic you get, judging from what type of character you make and what title and color you choose. Maybe I'll give you some hand in it too, we'll see. All will be clear in due time!

RULES

1 - Follow all the PC and Roleplay Corner rules or I'll send Skymin on you.

2 - The rating is M. Even if entering a game, meeting aliens and playing with magic feels surreal, it would be nice if you were playing rather realistically. Please refrain from describing gore, injuries or "romantic" actions with detail though.

3 - Be careful not to godmod. Maybe you do want your character to succeed in everything they do, but the RP doesn't really become challenging and fun that way. Let your friends save your butt sometimes!

4 - Be polite and nice OOC. I have the final word on everything, for the sake of organisation. If there is anything about the RP, the world or CHESS you do no understand, please ask in the OOC thread because others might wonder the same thing.

5 - Reservations last for a few days and you may reserve a COLOR, a CLASS and what GENDER you'd like. Take your time to think up an interesting character but don't drag things out for too long.

6 - If you become unable to post for a while, notify the GM. Also, if you want to drop out of the RP for any reason, you have to notify the GM. If you just leave without giving an explanation, I will be really sad :) And your character will be killed :D

Name: (first and last)
Gender: (male or female. I want genders as balanced as possible for the 6 characters)
Color: (what color do you want representing you in CHESS? if it's not a common color, please provide hex code)
Class: (choose between MAGE, KNIGHT, ROGUE, BARD, PRIEST, SMITH)

Age: (14-16, let's be relatively same-aged teenagers, shall we? That age where you're not quite grown up, but also no longer really a kid)
Home: (city/area and country/region of world)
Family: (list your family members living with you and any pets!)
Theme song: (if you want. I'll be linking to it now and then ^^)

Good personality traits: (state at least 3 personality traits that you think are positive and define your character)
Bad personality traits: (state at least 2 personality traits that you think are negative and define your character)
Interests and hobbies: (state at least 3 major things that you love doing in your spare time. Be creative!)

Appearance: (what do you look like? Body, style of clothing, face, hair etc. Include a picture if you want, but I'll still demand a full written description)

First post: (This shall be a freshly written text about the character you are going to be, and this will likely have a great influence on whether you'll get a spot or not. Write about being at home or arriving at home and somehow fetching or getting the CHESS game package from the mail. Include detailed description of your home. Mention all of the people and pets living with you. Mention all the hobbies or interests that you stated above. Also, you will here have the chance to display the personality and hint at some history of your character if you want to flesh that out before we begin the actual RP. NOTE: do not install the game yet.)

ACCEPTED PLAYERS

BARD
Vinnie Valentine by Lt. Col. Fantastic
REGINALDSPRITE - butler Reginald
Chakramkind
Cellventory
ROGUE
Penelope Cruz by Retro Bug
CHEERBEARSPRITE - Blue plush bear + pompoms
Ballkind
Purseventory
SMITH
Adrian Smidth by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
JETSPRITE - bunny Jet + potted plant
Hammerkind
Bagventory
KNIGHT
Odetta Freeman by Geras32
BURKESTROYERSPRITE - beetle Burke + Arleigh Burke destroyer model
Fishingpolekind
Lockventory

SOON TO BE DEAD PLAYERS

PRIEST
Liam Drummond by Raikiri
NAVISISSPRITE  - Navi doll + sister
Swordkind
Backventory

DEAD PLAYERS

Spoiler:
KNIGHT
Charlotte Kattsburg by Limanya
RUBINSPRITE - Tony Tony plushie + parrot Rubin

Knifekind: KITCHEN KNIFE

Packventory:
MAGE
Rachel Lee by PsychoJigglypuff
REGLINKSPRITE - Link figurine + snake Reggie

Foilkind: PLAIN FOIL

Bindventory:

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure

Old April 17th, 2013 (04:51 AM).
Raikiri
The Awakened
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I iz smart and look for OOC threads. ANYWAY. I'm interested. Male Black Rogue sounds fun. Let's reserve me for that one!

Paired with the manly Supervegeta
Old April 17th, 2013 (05:43 AM).
PsychoJigglypuff
Crazy and Loving It!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to PsychoJigglypuff
I didn't see the OOC thread when I checked earlier. And I'm going to change my reservation to a purple, female Mage.

Old April 17th, 2013 (05:45 AM). Edited April 17th, 2013 by Vintage Arachnid.
Vintage Arachnid
Fight 'til you win.
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Bug View Post
Can you reserve me for yellow (don't know what shade yet), Rogue, and female? :)

Checkmate forever!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Thanks for the interest guys :D But this is just the IC thread, lacking much information and the SU sheet even because those are in the OOC thread. Which should be in the Lounge and maybe just got overlooked, or it disappeared and I'll have to resubmit it.

Your reservations are valid though!

EDIT: trying to get Skymin or someone to see if the OOC thread is still unapproved in the Lounge :p I promise there's more story and explanations in there than here so just ignore this thread for now, please :p

Ahem, with that being said I'm reserving the yellow, Rogue, and female.

THE EXTREMELY LONELY PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old April 17th, 2013 (05:47 AM).
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
Reserving the bard and male! And the color red too!

Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Old April 17th, 2013 (06:02 AM).
Adventure

Ok everybody calm down :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikiri View Post
I iz smart and look for OOC threads. ANYWAY. I'm interested. Male Black Rogue sounds fun. Let's reserve me for that one!
You cannot be black or white, just so you know :3 Also, Retro gets dibs on Rogue because he already posted a reservation in the IC + he's one of my old Checkmates ;D So you'll have to pick KNIGHT or PRIEST. You can be a male though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoJigglypuff View Post
I didn't see the OOC thread when I checked earlier. And I'm going to change my reservation to a purple, female Mage.
Done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Bug View Post
Ahem, with that being said I'm reserving the yellow, Rogue, and female.
Done! Glad to see you're in :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic View Post
Reserving the bard and male! And the color red too!
Ohoho I'm so seeing Vinnie coming back. ;) Done!

Old April 17th, 2013 (06:30 AM). Edited April 17th, 2013 by Vato.
Vato
This Is Our Last Goodbye

Nature: Lonely
I is fun, I is kind, I is smart, ACCEPT ME! :D

... Anyways ...
Hey, look! The OOC finally showed up!
Can I has a reservation for Priest with green? Also, it's a male :3

FC [B2]: 0992 1015 0443
VM/PM me whenever you feel like trading/kicking my butt on a battle
Old April 17th, 2013 (06:42 AM).
Limanya
Page of Breath

Nature: Docile
Can i reserve a female brown Knight please?
Old April 17th, 2013 (06:54 AM).
Raikiri
The Awakened
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Well since all the reservations are filled up, I will hang back and let everyone enjoy. Real life will probably get in the anyway. Good luck everybody.

Paired with the manly Supervegeta
Old April 17th, 2013 (01:13 PM).
Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vato View Post
I is fun, I is kind, I is smart, ACCEPT ME! :D

... Anyways ...
Hey, look! The OOC finally showed up!
Can I has a reservation for Priest with green? Also, it's a male :3
Consider yourself reserved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limanya View Post
Can i reserve a female brown Knight please?
Yes :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikiri View Post
Well since all the reservations are filled up, I will hang back and let everyone enjoy. Real life will probably get in the anyway. Good luck everybody.
Awh. Sad to see you go but I'm happy this went so civil :)

Old April 17th, 2013 (04:32 PM). Edited April 19th, 2013 by Lt. Col. Fantastic.
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Name: Vincent (Vinnie) Valentine
Color: Red
Class: BARD

Age: 16 (it really doesn’t matter too much. If everyone else happens to be 15 or something I’ll probably change it to 15 because OCD)
Home: Paris, France (He lives in a grand, four story château on Champs-Élysées)
Family: Vinnie lives with his affectionate, cool Grand-Mère Lillian. He simply calls her Mémé. They have an elderly, Brittish butler named Reginald, who is sort of an Alfred to Vinnie’s batman. Vinnie also has a long haired Calico named Rocco. His fur is dark brown, black, and orange-ish. Rocco is notorious for being afraid of everything except Vinnie and cat food.
Theme song: Affection – All American Rejects. Such a beautiful and awesome song :P

EDIT: For more action-y scenes, and for a better representation of Vinnie's kind of music the songs Organ Donor by Zomboy or Promises by Nero could be used. I had trouble finding a song that fit him personality wise but also fit his taste in music, but I couldnt really find any techno or dubstep songs with, you know, meaningful lyrics lol. So these will be alts I guess. Also I'll probably link more songs from time to time, just for whenever I feel like a funkier beat is needed haha. Links below

Good personality traits: Caring, Chivalrous, Sociable, Strong Willed (but not to the point of pointless stubbornness), honest
Bad personality traits: A bit full of himself, tends to freak out in high end situations, paranoid, too affectionate, overly dramatic, somewhat lazy (if he doesn't think something is neccesary, he wont do it)
Interests and hobbies: Playing JRPGs, RTSs, the electric guitar, techno music and dubstep. History, Romance, girls, Reading realistic fiction (like stuff that doesn’t involve the supernatural, but still fiction; i.e. Heart of Darkness or the Three Musketeers), and Knights (cuirassiers)

Appearance: Vinnie is fairly tall, just under six feet. He has medium length, dark brown curly hair, which kinda gives him an afro. Efforts to tame his hair have been unsuccessful, so he usually just lets it ride. He has slightly tanned skin, more of a genetic trait than an indicator of spending time outside. His handsome face would be covered in hair if it were not for his daily shaving, something he again can thank his genes. He keeps his beard down to a minimum, without shaving it completely. His eyes are also dark brown, completing the Mediterranean look. As far as build, he is average. Not extremely muscular, but not a stick either. When it comes to clothing, Vinnie pulls all the stops. With the wealth enough for a family of sixteen, Vinnie often finds himself in the position to always buy new clothes. A casual day consists of dark jeans, a V-neck, and a tailored, button-up checkered shirt. More formal occasions call for nothing less than a full tuxedo, always sporting the bowtie.

Warning: picture is huge
Spoiler:
I have two pictures. The first is better for Vinnie’s Haircut, while the second is closer to Vinnie’s age.

First post:

Spoiler:

Vinnie Valentine

The bell was about to ring, and everybody was buzzing with the usual pre-dismissal conversation. Talk about last night’s calculus homework, the party at Maria’s place on Friday, the new teacher on E-Wing….but none of it concerned me. I had other things on my mind, as usual. Glancing across the room, I located my target. Charlotte. Hot damn was she cute. I nonchalantly slid my book bag on as the bell rang, waiting for her to pass before I got up. She smelled like vanilla…

I followed Charlotte at a distance down the hallway, waiting for the opportune moment to strike. She stopped at a locker and started to unlock it. I grinned to myself. Too easy. As I started to close in, a big fellow by the name of Seymour Collins stepped in beside Charlotte and gave her a kiss on the cheek. He then put his arm around her affectionately.

“Bonjour, Madame Mignon…” I thought I heard him say as I shifted my course to avoid a train wreck. Damn it. I guess that makes, what? 20 girls now I've either broken up with within a week or missed completely since Veronica now? I continued down the hallway, doing my best not to look embarrassed, even though nobody really knew anything just happened. If anybody looked at me it would appear my face just flushed for no reason.

In my haste to flee the traumatic location, I nearly knocked over my pal Harrison.

“Whoa!” he said, using his hand to keep his balance on the wall. He blinked in confusion for a moment and then exclaimed, “Oh, hey Vinnie! What do you think about Phantom Pains?" Now it was my turn to be confused.

“What? Phantom Pains?” Harrison looked at me in disbelief.

“Mec! Its the new Metal Gear Solid game! Kojima's on board this time, too. You should check it out sometime, maybe stop by Le Magasin de Jeu Vidéo…” Sounds interesting enough, maybe I will check it out.

“Oh, thanks for the tip dude. I’ll look into it. But I gotta run so seeya later!”

“Alright dude, seeya,” Harrison replied back. We went our separate ways, his of pursuit and mine of escape.

About an hour later, I walked up to my front door. It looked like it was about to rain, and the news forecast called for lightning. As I stepped in, Mémé called from the kitchen, located on the other side of the staircase in front of me, “Did you get the mail, Vinnie?” She didn’t have to ask who it was, nobody else came to our house besides us two.

“…..Non,” I grumbled. Dropping my bag on the floor, I turned out the door and ran to the mailbox, which was what seemed light-years away. I hurriedly grabbed its contents, and sprinted back towards the house. Rain started to fall. I managed to make it inside without getting too wet from rain, but the extra effort of running made me sweat a bit. I dropped the mail onto the coffee table in the living room to the left of the door, and something fell out. A neatly enclosed envelope, labeled “CHESS” in printed text that resembled a logo landed at my feet. Curious. I bent down to pick it up as lightning cracked in the window. Rocco darted under the couch for cover as thunder followed.

“Scaredy cat,” I teased as I tore open the envelope. Inside was a CD Case, not unlike a computer game, with the same Logo printed on the cover. On the back, there were just a few legalities and the phrase, ‘What are you made of?” in English. Cryptic. I opened it up, tearing off the plastic seal haphazardly, leaving bits and pieces on the floor. Inside was a leaflet. I quickly closed it back up and picked up my trash and bookbag. I headed downstairs to the “Bat Cave” as Mémé likes to call it, my second bedroom. I had stuff to do; this can wait.

Once there I threw my bookbag on the bed and my trash in the waste basket. My room was messy as usual; spare toys such as differently sized Rubik’s cubes and legos littered the floor. My walls were just as messy, with random drawings and posters hung astray. It had been months since Mémé was down here, so I hadn’t necessarily felt the need to tidy up. Giving my suit of armor a fist bump (yes, I have a suit of armor in one of my rooms), I hoped into my desk chair and turned my computer on. As it was coming to life, I checked my phone for any messages. I sent a message out to Maria, who I had just broken up with a few days ago. Things were kinda hot between me and her at the moment. I looked up to find my computer waiting for me. I typed in my password and wasted no time saying “Remind me in 24 hours” to the Java update that was available. I opened up Microsoft word right of the bat, hoping to knock out my History paper in an hour or so. It was on medieval times in Eastern Europe, something easy. The Byzantine Empire was the easiest choice to focus on, but I wanted to take the alternate route and look at the Slavs and the development of Russia. I settled into my work, but the disaster of today’s earlier escapade still lingered in the back of my mind. Oh so stupid. Why do you always find a way to screw it up with girls, Vinnie?

A little under an hour later, I stretched my back, viewing my paper. I did a quick spell check and printed it off. As I put my paper in my bookbag, I noticed my sword rack had fallen behind my bed. I reached down there and pulled it back up, following a second and third time to retrieve the now dislodged armaments. I smiled when I revealed my prized piece of sweet merch: a replica Revolver Gunblade, just like the one Squall used in Final Fantasy 8. God, his voice actor was so great in Dissidia. Before I could put it back on the wall, dread filled my stomach. I heard the stairs creek.

I knew I didn’t have time to clean anything up, so I just buried my face in my hands, waiting certain doom. I heard Mémé’s feet make contact with my hardwood floor.

“Vinnie!” she scolded, with an air of disappointment in her voice, “Your room is an absolute mess!”

“I know….” I guiltily muttered from my hands. How did she make me feel so guilty so easily? My parents never made me feel bad about having a messy room when they were alive, no matter how many times they brought it up. But apparently all Mémé had to do was acknowledge it once.

“Well,” she said, matter-of-factly, “I expect this will be cleaned before dinner. In the meantime, I will tell Reginald that he needn’t bother with cleaning your other room anymore; you will be responsible for both now.” With that, she went back upstairs, making a tsk, tsk noise as she did.

I groaned, and started to clean up a bit of the stuff on the floor, when I saw the CHESS case again. Now was as good a time as ever to read that leaflet, I supposed. I slouched in an armchair and took the leaflet out of the game case, and began reading:

CHESS will challenge Gaming as humanity knows it…

Create. Destroy. Protect. Explore. Endure. Survive. Kill.

Each word in that last part was a different color.

“Hello, you have been chosen to participate in CHESS, a feat that will be accredited to very few individuals. CHESS is an innovative, exciting new computer game meant to revolutionize gaming and life as we know it. Bringing you features from popular genres such as Simulation, Role-Playing, Adventure, Action, Strategy, Puzzle, and many more. Each of these features has been molded and refined to their maximum level. Upon installing the game, you will enter a world of mystery and suspense, all while enjoying the perfection that is CHESS.”

How intriguing…

Vinnie is back, baby. :P

Old April 17th, 2013 (09:21 PM). Edited April 18th, 2013 by Adventure.
Adventure

I'll review Vinnie's SU later today, hopefully ^^ Nice to see you have it up so soon!

As for now, I'll just change my color reservation to blue, to even things out since we had yellow, red and brown on top of my orange :D

EDIT: @ Lt Col - okay. Vinnie is all good and you can actually let stuff be written in the leaflet or on the package or something - it doesn't even have to be the same thing written on every copy of the game! Each copy can be somewhat unique, actually.

But, you did not purchase this game. And no NPCs get the game. An anonymous (for now) sender mailed the game to each one of the players, the RPers' main characters. No other people will receive the game until more players join in the case of dropouts (which I hope won't happen of course!). There will be paradox-space reasons for this later.

Told you this wasn't canon Homestuck in every matter :)

So please change it so that Harrison doesn't know about the game ^^

Old April 18th, 2013 (09:04 AM).
Limanya
Page of Breath

oh my god lt col i read your su and the first thing i noticed was charlotte

fyi my char is gonna be named charlotte B)
Old April 18th, 2013 (09:30 AM). Edited April 18th, 2013 by Lt. Col. Fantastic.
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Haha okay red. I figured something like that would need to be changed. I'll fix it tonight!

EDIT: Okay, I fixed it so Harrison and Vinnie are talking about te new metal gear instead of Chess. And also instead of saying thanks for purchasing on the leaflet it says "you have been chosen to..."

Lol limanya. Wht a coincidence haha

Old April 18th, 2013 (01:27 PM). Edited April 19th, 2013 by Adventure.
Adventure

Obsolete SU draft ^^

Spoiler:
Name: Adrian Smidth
Color: Orange
Class: SMITH

Home: Brisbane, Australia
Family: Mother, father and two older twin sisters. Plus six pet bunnies.
Theme song: Swoon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCp_3zw-CxA)
Action song: Swoon Boyz Noize Summer Mix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KvAPq9Rphc)

Good personality traits: Alert + Diplomatic + Imaginative + Impulsive
Bad personality traits: Suspicious - Tendency to worry about anything - Low self esteem - ... Impulsive!
Interests and hobbies: Skateboarding // Roleplaying // Animals. Especially bunnies.

Appearance: Adrian Smidth is around 180cm tall and weighs a bit more than he think he should. It's not that he's the least bit fat really, he just isn't the least bit skinny either. At least him working on his tan has paid off. His hair is sandy blonde and seems to have an eternal wavy out-of-bed look. It's not like he puts a lot of effort into it, the salty sea breeze just makes his hair look like this. His eyes are big with a soft blue color, which does seem gray in daylight but might gleam greenishly in dim light. Eyes you want to trust. At least until you see how rushed and worried he often gets. Other than that, his face is friendly and somewhat boyish, with just the slightest tint of a goatee springing up. In one of his ears, he wears a golden ring. Mostly to look cool, and he often fiddles with it when he's in deep thought or feeling stressed up.

Since he's an avid skateboarder, his physique is moderately good without being really muscular. He's not the one to train for the sake of training, even though he sometimes worries about not being healthy enough. His usual choice of clothing is rather skinny jeans and long sleeved t-shirts, preferably ones with bright pastel colors. For no particular reason other than it makes him look strangely confident, which mostly helps himself calm down. Often, he wears gray or beige hood shirts on top of that.

This is, kind of, him, ish:
Spoiler:

First post: (This shall be a freshly written text about the character you are going to be, and this will likely have a great influence on whether you'll get a spot or not. Write about being at home or arriving at home and somehow fetching or getting the CHESS game package from the mail. Include detailed description of your home. Mention all of the people and pets living with you. Mention all the hobbies or interests that you stated above. Also, you will here have the chance to display the personality and hint at some history of your character if you want to flesh that out before we begin the actual RP. NOTE: do not install the game yet.)

Spoiler:
It was windy, the day it started. The skateboard ride home was unusually tricky because of the sudden gusts of air which almost blew Adrian out of course. He cursed under his breath but kept skating home. He couldn't afford to look like he gave up, outside on his own street. All the neighborhood kiddies who believed him to be a tough master skater would be pretty disappointed then.

Of course he instead tripped and almost fell flat forward just in front of his own lane. Quickly, the young man - or old boy? - straightened up and hoped that nobody had seen him while he flustered walked on foot down the stone path to the front door.

The house of the Smidths was pretty large. Too large, according to Mr Smidth. Far too small, according to the twins. It was a rather boring, normal house according to Adrian, with a dull beige finish on the outside and too much noise on the inside. It sat drowsily in a long row of similar houses on a long street on the outskirts of Brisbane. The front lawns were all the same size and Mrs Smidth competed with all the other housewives in trying to get their husbands to keep it as green and clean as possible while she tended to the flowers and trees herself. Adrian often commented on how cluttered their garden was in comparison with most others though. But the truth was of course that he liked it that way. It made his family a bit special, in a way that nobody could blame him for.

The instant he opened the front door, he was met with the chatter of the twins reaching from the kitchen. Instant decision to not go that way.

"Ady!"

"Adro, you got maail."

Of course they realized he was home. He hadn't closed the door quietly enough. Or maybe they just knew he would be home at this time. Or maybe it didn't really matter how they knew it was him. For all he knew they could have been looking out the window and seen him... Oh gosh. Adrian's face turned red. Seen him trip while skating! His cover could be blown!

Unwillingly, he dropped his shoulder bag in the hallway, kicking off his shoes, and went to greet his older sisters.

"Good afternoon, ladies," he said without looking at them where they were sitting on barstools at the kitchen island. "Where's mail?"

"I didn't know you had joined the chess club, Adro. Decided to try and be smart instead of playing dorky coolguy?" said the first sister. She was the 'oldest' one, even though Adrian was sure that it couldn't really matter when it came to twins. Her hair was long, blonde and straight and she always wore a smug face. Her name was Lina.

"Chess! I can actually play chess! Can't I play chess, Lina? I can teach you to be a master, Ady!" said the other sister. Her name was Drava. She had grown up to be a bright counterpart to her twin, but Adrian knew well that they were just as evil both of them. Spawn of the devil. Speaking of which...

A short but at the same time strangely large woman suddenly bursted into the room from the garden through the back door. Her curly, brown hair had specks of dirt in it and her face had a lot of make up on. Like it always had. A frown was present also, like it also almost always was.

"Why aren't you home before now? We're supposed to go out to Drava and Lina's dance show tonight, remember? Go get ready already!"

"Um..." All these lines were said in rapid succession so Adrian felt more and more stressed as he tried to figure out what to really reply. The chess part had puzzled him and he had completely forgotten about the show tonight.

The episode ended with an argument between the brother and sisters with the occasional loud input from Mrs Smidth. It didn't end until a disturbed and grayish haired Mr Smidth walked into the room. He raised his eyebrows, prodded his wide mustache and plainly decided that Adrian was grounded and couldn't come to the show tonight. Overjoyed, the brother hastily picked up his mail and darted upstairs before disagreement from the twins started hailing. Sometimes, Adrian loved that his father wasn't the sharpest tool in the box.

On the upper floor was everyone's bedrooms, a large bathroom and a living room in the middle of it all.

(will be continued)

Quote:
oh my god lt col i read your su and the first thing i noticed was charlotte

fyi my char is gonna be named charlotte B)
Vinnie's gonna hit on her the moment they meet :p I like that name btw.

Quote:
Haha okay red. I figured something like that would need to be changed. I'll fix it tonight!

EDIT: Okay, I fixed it so Harrison and Vinnie are talking about te new metal gear instead of Chess. And also instead of saying thanks for purchasing on the leaflet it says "you have been chosen to..."

Lol limanya. Wht a coincidence haha
Works fine now. Vinnie is accepted! Now all you have to do is patiently wait for the rest of us to finish ^^ And maybe try to guess what the game/RP will be like. Ahahah.

Old April 18th, 2013 (05:17 PM).
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers

Works fine now. Vinnie is accepted! Now all you have to do is patiently wait for the rest of us to finish And maybe try to guess what the game/RP will be like. Ahahah.
Hmmm.....maybe I shall do a bit of guessing. I'm gonna guess our friends velociClamper and the like will be back...or maybe new guys of the same type?

Oh and btw, Im totally going to ask hardly relevent questions in OOC again. You know the ones like...

Why did you guys choose your classes?

;D

no but for real im going to save those for later. pretend you never saw that bolded text.

Old April 18th, 2013 (06:29 PM). Edited April 18th, 2013 by Vato.
Vato
This Is Our Last Goodbye

Nature: Lonely
Just so you know, Red. Proper SU construction from my part will not come until this weekend (hopefully), I has too much homework -.-

Have this for now:
Spoiler:
Name: Victor de Lancaster
Color: Green
Class: PRIEST [of something]

Home: Juarez City, Chihuahua. It's in Mexico, by the way...
Family: Mother [divorced from his father], two older brothers, a younger sister and three dogs...
Theme Song: Moonsetter :D One of my favs from the entire Homestuck bandcamp :3
Battle Song: Chorale for War.

Good personality traits: Smart.
Virtuoso.
Can easily come up with a plan.
Great sense of humor.
Cheerful.
Honest (perhaps a little bit too honest at times)
Cares for others.
Artistic.

Bad personality traits:
Lazy.
Bad temper.
Overly sarcastic.
Shy.
Tends to make a hell of a mess out of simple things (which is, he tends to complicate things... a lot).
Helps ONLY when convenient.
Selfish
Self-Centered
Most of times rude (but fails to realize he IS being rude)
Absent-Minded.
Cold and Distant.

Interests and hobbies: (state at least 3 major things that you love doing in your spare time. Be creative!)

Appearance: (what do you look like? Body, style of clothing, face, hair etc. Include a picture if you want, but I'll still demand a full written description)

FC [B2]: 0992 1015 0443
VM/PM me whenever you feel like trading/kicking my butt on a battle
Old April 18th, 2013 (07:09 PM).
Vintage Arachnid
Fight 'til you win.
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
Yeah, unfortunately I forgot that I was kinda super busy this week with University stuff. I shall have my post done by Saturday Night, which is probably like Sunday Morning/Afternoon for you RHCP. I hope that's okay?

THE EXTREMELY LONELY PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old April 18th, 2013 (10:55 PM).
Adventure

Quote:
Hmmm.....maybe I shall do a bit of guessing. I'm gonna guess our friends velociClamper and the like will be back...or maybe new guys of the same type?

Oh and btw, Im totally going to ask hardly relevent questions in OOC again. You know the ones like...

Why did you guys choose your classes?

;D

no but for real im going to save those for later. pretend you never saw that bolded text.
From what the plot looks like now, it would be difficult to include VC or the likes. But we shall see ;)

Also, I chose my class because I somewhat ended up tailoring it for a character that could do unexpected things or lead the way in the RP sometimes, in case you others don't really know what to do now and then ^^ I think my character could have fit well as a Knight or Mage too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vato View Post
Just so you know, Red. Proper SU construction from my part will not come until this weekend (hopefully), I has too much homework -.-

Good personality traits: Smart.
Virtuoso.
Can easily come up with a plan.
Great sense of humor.
Cheerful.
Honest (perhaps a little bit too honest at times)
Cares for others.
Artistic.

Bad personality traits:
Lazy.
Bad temper.
Overly sarcastic.
Shy.
Tends to make a hell of a mess out of simple things (which is, he tends to complicate things... a lot).
Helps ONLY when convenient.
Selfish
Self-Centered
Most of times rude (but fails to realize he IS being rude)
Absent-Minded.
Cold and Distant.
Okay, well you can't keep all of these good/bad traits because some are contradicting :p

If he is cheerful, I doubt he's cold and distant. If he cares for others, it's strange that he's self-centered or at least selfish. I get the feeling of two opposite people here so please slim the words down to fit better together ^^

@ Retro - okay!

Old April 19th, 2013 (11:03 AM). Edited April 20th, 2013 by Limanya.
Limanya
Page of Breath

Is it okay for me to put this here for now? The first post isn't done yet, but i wanted to have the rest here XD

Name: Charlotte Kattsburg
Color: Brown
Class: Knight

Home:

Hamburg, Germany. The house is an average sized one, but with a notably large garden. The garden is mostly made up of a big lawn, bordered with plants and bushes, and surrounds the entire house. At the backside of the house is a door to the lawn, although it can be entered at the front side too. If you enter the garden via the backside, a terrace is there with stone stairs leading down to the actual lawn. There is also a trampoline and a swing set at that side.

Family: Sister named Iris, 'Mutti' named Elise, four parrots named Amethyst, Smaragd, Saphir and Rubin.

Theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSGcl0WuCr8 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_hUuLQ8CVY

Good personality traits:

Charlotte is a creative kind of person, often coming up with good ideas if her usual method of solving something does not work. Her creativity also has caused her passion for playing the flute, but it does not have any effects on her skill. She is also quite intelligent, especially on the subject of languages, learning multiple languages at the same time. She could speak fluent English when she was only eight years old, even though her main language is German. She has impressed many people with her skills, even having gone as far as only speaking English for one day when she was ten years old. Another thing that either may have caused or has been caused because of her intelligence is her impressive memory. She easily remembers the small details of things that have happened a long time ago. Her memory is mostly useful for tests, because she is able to start studying for it only two days before the test and still get good grades. Charlotte often uses her intelligence to impress people by using her extensive vocabulary and thus gain what she wants, while she only has to make people think she is the smarter one.

Bad personality traits:

Charlotte has a tendency to quickly burst out into rage fits, which often take a while for her to stop. These can be triggered by something as simple as things not quite going the way she likes. Sometimes she just gets really annoyed by things, but if she gets angry after that the raging becomes worse. These tantrums vary, from screaming, keymashing and cursing to literally flipping tables. Also, she is quite aggressive, even when not enraged. Often her first idea will be brute force, and this has gotten her in quite a few fights. She also is a bit lazy with the things she needs to do, only doing the bare minimum and getting others to do her work for her. She usually starts those things at the very last moment, which is a large risk for her and the others involved in it. Charlotte is quite manipulative, lying and sometimes even blackmailing to get whatever she wants.

Interests and hobbies:

Charlottes main interest is birds. Specifically parrots, although she is quite the fan of other birds too. For this reason, she keeps four parrots at home which Charlotte likes to consider her most prized possession. She also owns several books about how to keep and care for them, but most books about birds that she owns contain information on a miscellaneous selection of birds. Another interest Charlotte has is playing the flute. She has been on flute lesson since a year, although she wanted to learn how to play it since she was nine years old. Charlotte has one at home which she got from her grandmother shortly before she passed away, but she rarely plays it and uses the cheap one her mother bought for her. Every Wednesday she goes to her flute lessons. Her final big interest is playing video games, a thing she considers very normal for any teenager. She owns various platforms, although she has taken a liking to handhelds. She has a large box of games at home, and most of them are RPGs, but she also owns several other genres. She rarely plays games on her computer, but she enjoys MMORPGs and other multiplayer games.

Appearance:
Charlotte is a little bit taller than the average person of her age, but still leaning more towards the normal than the extreme. She is a bit on the chubby side, and relatively flat-chested. Her hair reaches to her shoulders, and is colored golden blond. Although her mother prefers her to wear a ponytail, Charlotte often disobeys and keeps her hair the way it is: slightly wavy with only tiny bangs. Her eyes are brown, and there are a few light freckles around her nose. Charlotte wears glasses, which she often cleans. She utterly dislikes make-up and never wears any. The same goes for jewellery. Her clothing style consists of mostly black, but she sometimes wears brighter clothes. Her favourite outfit is made out of a black vest, a black shirt and jeans that are only slightly damaged. She only has two pairs of shoes, black boots and blue shoes. She only rarely wears the black boots for she greatly prefers the blue ones.

First post:

Spoiler:
Charlotte sighed. Her flute lessons shouldn't be this long. Yet they were. Oh, what things she was prepared to do for just one skill! She closed her eyes for a moment to be able to listen better. The other people around her were playing at the same time, but some of them played entirely different things. It all caused an orchestra of chaos. She opened her eyes again, and looked around. The room she was in was quite empty, with only a few others in a large room. The lack of other things didn't really help either. So she just stared at the bright red floor for a minute. Maybe it was two minutes. Maybe even three. Charlotte couldn't tell. So she just sat there, and waited.

"Class is over!"

Suddenly, those words boomed through the chamber. Charlotte was in an instant pulled away from her little staring contest with the floor, and let out and even deeper sigh than before. This one, however, was a sigh of relief. She took her bag, put her flute back in the wooden box where it belonged and put the box in her bag. Then, Charlotte bended over and grabbed the papers that were under the table. She all put them into a dark red folder which she also put into her bag. As she kicked the wooden chair she was sitting on to the corner without caring about the fact that she could also just get scolded at, she slung the bag over her shoulder and walked out of the room. She stopped for a moment. She could either take the elevator or go down the stairs. But she really wasn't feeling like walking down all those stairs, so she simply wandered into the elevator and waited for it to take her down to an height she could actually walk out and not fall to her death. When she was downstairs, she walked outside, although the sun was burning in her eyes.

She started walking. The streets were quite empty, unlike most other days. Usually there were cars everywhere. But then again, she didn't exactly live in the most well-known or populated part of Hamburg. It was a big city, and there were lots of places she had yet to visit. However, she'd gladly do that another day. Because this day was not a good day, adding up flute lessons, boiling hot sun and general tiredness. Fortunately, it only was a short way to her home, where she could relax all she wanted.

"Charlotte!"

This voice sounded all too familliar to her. What was she doing out her? Oh well, Iris had always been a bit puzzling to her.

"Iris, why are you here?"

Her sister only chuckled, but stopped and started waving a bit. Now she was standing on the other side of the street, carrying what seemed to be two large bags.

"Just answer me already, dammit!" Charlotte screamed, getting slightly annoyed. She ran over to the other side, paying only little attention to the slight chance of a car passing. "Now again, Iris, why are you here?" she said to her little sister. "Well, Mutti said i should go and buy some stuff. Why are you here?" she said, imitating Charlottes voice at the end. Charlotte growled a bit. "Iris, stop that. You know i hate it when people imitate me. You know why? Because they always get it wrong. And to answer the question you probably already knew the answer to, flute lessons." she said, her voice sounding even more annoyed with every word. "Oh. OK! Also, Mutti said the games you bought are in the mailbox now! Heeheehee!"

Iris was smiling brightly, which would have made Charlotte slap her if she didn't come with the good news. Charlotte paused. "Really?" she asked, wondering if it was just some stupid trick. "Yes!" Iris cheerfully replied. "Oh well, got nothing to lose." Charlotte then muttered. Just as she finished her sentence, she darted off while shouting something that could vaguely be discerned as "GAMES! HERE I COME!"

As she stopped and stood in front of the mailbox while breathing heavily, she thought for a moment. Which one would she play first? What would she do if one of the games wasn't fun enough? She calmed down slowly. That would be something to think, and maybe be angry about later. She opened the mailbox and took everything in it without looking. Happiness slowly started to fill her usually grumpy mind as she walked towards the door. Even though she had a key with her, she just bonked on the door. She could hear the footsteps her Mutti was making while walking on the tiles in the little hallway from the entrance to the living room. As soon as she had opened the door, Charlotte rushed inside. After going through the tiny hallway she came in the dining room, which actually was more a central room. A large wooden table sat in the middle, and often her Mutti would invite her family to come over for an - often huge - dinner. Suddenly, the house also became more welcoming compared to the hallway. It was likely that the wooden floor and carpet played a huge role in this, as well as the fact that it connected to a lot of the other rooms in the house. Charlottes Mutti walked back to the living room, where she just went to lie on the rather comfy sofa and watch TV. Charlotte, instead, walked the other way. She came into a long hallway with not a tiled or wooden floor, but one with a deliciously soft carpet. This was basically the 'room' with the most other connctions, connecting to the attic, the bathroom and the three bedrooms. She walked into her own room and closed the door. She then just proceeded to sit down on her bed and examine the package. Or, as she only just had noticed, packages. How odd. Was there some sort of accident? Was there some kid now who was crying about not getting his games? Charlotte couldn't care less. It only meant she got extra games! One of the packages was just a normal box, but the other one was colored pitch black with colorful designs on it. Strangely enough, it wasn't the normal design and even stranger, it was adressed to her. She was just dying to open it. But suddenly...

"CHARLOTTE!"

"What do you want? Can't you hear i'm busy?"

Ugh. Charlotte was clearly not happy with this. She could almost open the package, but her Mutti just had to interrupt. She put the package down and walked towards the living room, only to see Mutti rolling around on the couch with her parrots flying around her. "Charlotte, PLEASE. Get those damn birds away!" she screamed. Now Charlotte was angry. "Those aren't just 'damn birds'! Those are beautiful, elegant parrots, and they have names! Call them by it!" she said, her voice rather clearly sounding angry. "Mhm. Okay. Get Amethyst, Smaragd, Saphir and Rubin away because they're your birds, i mean parrots, and I let you have them if you would be responsible and care properly for them. So please get them away and stop commanding me because you're my daughter, not the other way around." Elise said quite calmy. "Pfft, fine. Jerk." Charlotte said quite softly, which was followed by an "Oi!" by her Mutti. She made a sign with her hands, and the four parrots all stopped and sat on the table. Then, when Charlotte left the room, they all followed her to the large cage in her sister's bedroom. Because her own room didn't have enough space, with her bookcase, desk, bed, and the rest of her stuff taking up all room, she decided to move the cage to another room. Which, of course, was Iris' room. It was a rather uncommon show of trust, especially for Charlotte. She let the four parrots fly into it and closed the cage.

She walked back to her own room, relieved that she was done and excited to open the package. She closed the door and sat down on her bed again. Without any further thoughts, she opened the normal package and spread the contents out on her bed. Everything she had ordered. Good. But the most exciting part would come now, the black package. Charlotte opened it and found one case inside. The first thing she noticed was the colorful design, and the big letters spelling out 'CHESS'. She sighed. Chess? That could either be some fancy version of that everything-but-fancy boardgame or just a stupid acronym. However, she wanted to try it out first. She checked out the rest of the box and found nothing but a leaflet. On it was written some text, which looked quite promising.

"Hello, you have been chosen to participate in CHESS, a feat that will be accredited to very few individuals. CHESS is an innovative, exciting new computer game meant to revolutionize gaming and life as we know it. Bringing you features from popular genres such as Simulation, Role-Playing, Adventure, Action, Strategy, Puzzle, and many more. Each of these features has been molded and refined to their maximum level. Upon installing the game, you will enter a world of mystery and suspense, all while enjoying the perfection that is CHESS."

Now that was something. She turned the case over, hoping to find more details on the back of the box. The only thing she saw was some quite mysterious but interesting text.

"✜ If a PLAYER is slain, the KISS has to be given to the corpse and the DREAMSELF will come alive.
✜ If a PLAYER with a dead DREAMSELF is slain, the player enters the AFTERLIFE."

Player, kiss, dreamself, moons, afterlife. She couldn't even think straight anymore due to sheer excitement. It appeared to be a game unlike any other, so she opened the case and took the CD that was inside out. A computer game, huh? Charlotte walked towards her computer and put the CD in it. Oh, this was going to be great.
Old April 19th, 2013 (11:17 AM).
Adventure

Quote:
Is it okay for me to put this here for now? The first post isn't done yet, but i wanted to have the rest here XD
Looks good so far! You may put up what you've got and fill it in later, I did that too ^^ Just let me know when you are done so that I won't miss it.

I notice the three of us so far have included pets. ;);) This can be a good thing. Definitely. Because there is a certain thing happening in Act "0" where a pet fits really well. You may also do it without a pet. But. Most people are too cool to have any dead family members laying around in convenient urns, right?

Old April 19th, 2013 (12:10 PM).
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Oh poo, Limanya's post just remimded me. I forgot to mention that Vinnie plays the electric guitar. Ill just sorta stick that in his interests if nobody minds....

@Vato: Nice song! Moonsetter is the better Sunslammer, IMO. But nothing can touch Coolkid or Clockstopper Fuschia ruler is pretty cool too, and Orange Hat. (okay im gonna stop now or we'll be here for ages)

Old April 19th, 2013 (03:05 PM). Edited May 11th, 2013 by Adventure.
Adventure

.personal specifications
✜ Name: Adrian Smidth
✜ Gender: Male
✜ Color: Green
✜ Class: SMITH
✜ Age: 15
.home situation
% House:
Just another square shaped two stories house plus a basement and an overly tended to garden on a long, dull street in Brisbane, Australia. The outer walls are white but blue color lines the windows.
On the bottom floor is a big hallway with a staircase, a huge living room, a kitchen, a water closet and a room where Mrs Smidth keeps a lot of junk, as Adrian puts it.
On the upper floor are three bedrooms, a bigger bathroom and a smaller living room.
In the basement is a room with washing machines, a room with garden tools and stuff and a door leading to the garden via small stairs outside, as well as a room where Mr Smidth keeps a lot of junk, as Adrian once again puts it.

% Family:
Mother, father and two older twin sisters. Plus a pet bunny.
.leitmotif
# General theme:
Crystalanthology (http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/track/crystalanthology)
.good personality traits
+ Alert
Adrian is never really lazy, dozing off or easy to sneak by or lie to. Coupled with his suspicion, this makes him a person who is as good as always ready to get going and take action.
+ Diplomatic
Adrian seeking approval from others has developed into him striving to make peace between others whenever there is dispute, to try and make everyone happy. He really doesn't like getting into verbal fights.
+ Wild and rapid imagination
One way of dealing with unhappiness with oneself is to flee into imaginary worlds inside your mind. Adrian does this a lot and is therefore "trained" to see unpredictable possibilities where others see hopelessness.
.bad personality traits
- Suspicious
Since he sometimes fakes his own intentions and interests, Adrian has become suspicious of that others might do the same. He thus has a bit of trouble trusting people, even if acts friendly on most occasions.
- Tendency to worry about anything
There might not be any scientific explanation for it, but Adrian gets easily stressed up and worries about things that are about to happen, or just might happen. Luckily, this doesn't make him narrow minded but rather heightens his alertness more.
- Low self esteem
What it all boils down to. Adrian has grown up as a friend to some really rad dudes but as a teenager he has troubles when he begins to realize that his interests aren't really the same as theirs. He wonders if there is something wrong with him and does his best to keep up the belief that he is really one of the cool skater dudes and not a dreamy superherogeeky bunny lover.
.interests and hobbies
¤ Skateboarding
This is one of those things he has been doing forever. He used to be really great at manuevering the board, but ever since he started doubting himself and if he really was as cool as he acted around his friends, the board hasn't really been cooperating...
¤ Superheroes
In younger days, he and his friends used to read comic books and collect toys together, but now the others have put that behind them. Adrian wished that he had too, but he still keeps his figurines and action toys on shelves in his room. He has watched every superhero movie and is fascinated by their stories and powers. Especially Thor. Who was also a god. Just, wow.
¤ Animals, especially bunnies
Adrian likes most animals, but his mother is afraid of cats and his sisters dislike dogs and his father doesn't think animals without fur is worth having so a couple of years ago they got a bunny for the boy to shut him up. He is black and named Jet. He has long ears and large feet and is somewhat of a jerk and annoying at times. At other times, he is Adrian's shoulder to cry on.
¤ Playing the drums
A little under a year ago when Adrian's feelings were about to boil over, his sisters were unexpectedly friendly and hinted that their dancing was partially to take their mind off troubling things and that he should try to learn an instrument or something. Adrian bought some bongo drums and later got a whole drumset on his birthday. The whole Smidth family has since regretted this, because even if playing does make Adrian more relaxed, he isn't really bearable to listen to yet.
.appearance
Adrian Smidth is around 180cm tall and weighs a bit less than his mother thinks he should. He's definitely closer to being skinny than being the least bit fat. His hair is sandy blonde and seems to have an eternal wavy out-of-bed look. It's not like he puts a lot of effort into it, the salty sea breeze just makes his hair look like this. His eyes are big with a soft blue color, which does seem gray in daylight but might gleam greenishly in dim light. Eyes you want to trust. At least until you see how rushed and worried he often gets. Other than that, his face is friendly and somewhat boyish, with just the slightest tint of a goatee springing up. In one of his ears, he wears a golden ring. Mostly to look cool, and he often fiddles with it when he's in deep thought or feeling stressed up.

Since he's an avid skateboarder, his physique is moderately good without being really muscular. He's not the one to train for the sake of training, even though he sometimes worries about not being healthy enough. His usual choice of clothing is rather skinny jeans and long sleeved t-shirts, preferably ones with bright pastel colors. For no particular reason other than it makes him look strangely confident, which mostly helps himself calm down. Often, he wears gray or beige hood shirts on top of that.

This is, kind of, him, ish. But Adrian has a softer face in my mind:
Spoiler:
.first post
Spoiler:
Adrian woke up with a gasp. He had been dreaming something really strange. Again. Argh, he usually daydreamed so much that his sleep was relatively dreamless but during the last week... He just didn't know. He forgot what it was really about mere minutes after waking up though.

When his focus adjusted and he could see clearly, he was met with a big, furry face staring at him from on top of his chest. Another gasp followed by a rapid ascent into sitting position.

"Jet," Adrian acknowledged with a sigh while the big, black bunny jumped off him and onto another part of the couch. "Was I sleeping in the couch again?"

"You got home, sighed loudly and then just kind of got stuck there!" a girly voice came from the hallway. Adrian leaned his head to the side as she walked in. After living with them for 15 years, he could differentiate between his twin sisters with a blindfold on. This was Drava, the cheerful one. She often had blonde her hair in two pigtails anyways, while her sister Lina usually had a ponytail.

"And you didn't wake me?"

"I wouldn't want to disturb your beautysleep, dear brother!" Drava giggled as she came to a stop in front of the hallway mirror, visible from the couch in the living room.

"What are you doing? Are you going somewhere? What day is it?" Adrian asked, rubbing his head and getting up, trying to wake up properly. "What time is it even?"

"It's 5 o'clock in the morning on a beautiful summer's day!" Drava responded cheerfully. "We're leaving to train for the big dance competition, don't you remember? It's on wednesday."

"Oh," was Adrian's only response as he stumbled past her into the kitchen. Lina was there, sipping on her cup of black coffee all finished already.

"Stay out of trouble while we and dad and mum are gone," she said simply.

Adrian nodded. "Yeah, yeah. Don't I always?"

"No."

The twins left the house before too long, leaving Adrian alone with Jet and the sunrise. It was really so early that people on the other side of the world should still be about doing their sunlight evening business on the previous date. Ugh. If there were people he didn't bother kissing up to, it was definitely his sisters. Or his parents. Or both. His whole family. If he had only gotten some brothers instead. Then he might be more normal...

"Jet, do you think I should stop trying?" he asked his bunny. Jet just stared out the window. It wasn't as if Adrian expected an answer. He often talked to Jet without the bunny talking back. It was cool. It was the pet way. The boy lazily bit into a breakfast sandwich that the twins had left laying around and followed Jet's gaze out through the window.

A little light poked his eye. A minor reflection in something from the earliest rays of the sun. It was the swingy thingy on the mailbox down on the street. What are those even called? Anyways, the red swingy thingy was up, signaling that there was new mail. Huh, new mail? This early? Postmen must really have a hard job.

With Jet in his arms, Adrian walked out to get the mail and put the swingy... thingy down again. There was only one thing there, a package the size of a book. Adressed to him. Strange, he hadn't ordered anything. Maybe some elaborate advertisement trick? He surely wouldn't fall for it, in that case!

He walked directly up the stairs now, striding across the living area into his own room where he put Jet down on his bed and began opening the little package. Tearing apart the brown cover paper revealed a blue and red and white box, dvd size. It was a game. A computer game. That much was clear. The front picture gleamed when he tilted it, a shiny holographic. The word CHESS was printed with black letters on the white background just below the dramatic picture.

"Chess? Oh boy, this is so a trick. Who wants to play chess on a computer? It's dull enough with a board and pieces!"

He threw the game on the bed beside Jet and sat down in front of his desk, booting up his computer anyways. While it was starting, he looked around his room. His old, square shaped room in which he had been stuck for so many days of his life. Not because he couldn't leave but because he hadn't wanted to. Some days. In here, he could be himself. Just him and Jet and Thor and his fantasies. Purely innocent fantasies, but still infinitely silly and dorky and childish. Nothing he would ever tell anyone about. When others came around to his place and saw all his superhero stuff that littered the shelves along one wall of the room, he just laughed it off in a cool way and blamed nostalgia. It always worked.

His drum set had its own place between the desk and the bed. No dust on that, he played almost daily. Stress relief, plus he was quite certain that he was getting rather good at it by now. Randomly on the floor in the middle of the room lay, beside a few dirty socks, one of his skateboards. This particular one, he hadn't used for a while. It was more advanced than the one he rode daily now, because he had switched to the simpler one when he was starting to get out of tune with skateboarding... Not that it had helped. In a corner, dusty by now, still stood his half plastic half metal replica of Thor's hammer. Mjölnir. So cool. Light enough for him to lift and even swing. But he hadn't done that for a long time now. Maybe he was finally growing out of these manners? He could only hope.

On top of the bed sheets, Jet nibbled silently on a corner of the CHESS game's box.

"No! Jet, you dork!" Adrian grabbed the CHESS game box and pulled it away forcefully from the indifferent bunny. "Are you so nerdy that you have to eat the game?"

He looked it over. Not much damage. Likely, Jet was just bored and not hungry. Why Adrian would be so worried about his pet swallowing some advertisement was beyond himself, yet... Well, today he would be alone and rather bored and he didn't want to start with the chores he had been given yet so...

Unpacking the box earned him a dvd case and... No it was a CD case even. Who still used CDs nowadays when Bluray existed and all? It wasn't just advertisement, it was bad advertisement! There was also a leaflet.

"Hello, you have been chosen to participate in CHESS, a feat that will be accredited to very few individuals. CHESS is an innovative, exciting new computer game meant to revolutionize gaming and life as we know it. Bringing you features from popular genres such as Simulation, Role-Playing, Adventure, Action, Strategy, Puzzle, and many more. Each of these features has been molded and refined to their maximum level. Upon installing the game, you will enter a world of mystery and suspense, all while enjoying the perfection that is CHESS."

Perfection? Adrian leaned his head a bit and looked at the cover of the box again. There was more text there, small text that he had overlooked before.
"✜ If a PLAYER is slain, the KISS has to be given to the corpse and the DREAMSELF will come alive.
"Okay... This doesn't sound like the worst thing ever actually!" Adrian said with a smile. All he really had to worry about was if there was a virus or trojan or something in the files. This could be a very elaborate ploy to steal stuff on his computer. Not that there was much worth stealing there apart from a few pretty good fanfics that he had doodled together years ago and hadn't had the heart to delete. Plus, he had a good antivirus program. He should be safe, right?

Just to be on the even safer side, he googled CHESS first. But there was nothing about a computer game like this. Only computer simulations of normal chess, which this didn't really sound like. He furrowed his brow and looked over at Jet, who stared back with a little 'huff'.

"I'll just have to take a chance," Adrian said. Chances was something he wasn't really comfortable with. They were unpredictable and unreliable. Yet, he was being a puss for not daring to take them more often, so this would not be one of those times. He inserted the CD into the computer.

Old April 19th, 2013 (04:20 PM). Edited April 22nd, 2013 by PsychoJigglypuff.
PsychoJigglypuff
Crazy and Loving It!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to PsychoJigglypuff
Name: Rachel Lee
Color: Purple
Class: Mage

Home: A small house in Queens, NY.
Family: Mother, father, and pet ball python named Reggie.
Theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkfPvJQAaIE

Good personality traits: Rachel is a girl who loves to entertain others, and is pretty good at cheering people up. She never takes herself too seriously. She is a great improviser, so she can adapt to new situations fairly well. Her mind is creative and clever, so she can come up with unusual answers to tough problems. She doesn't discriminate, and treats everyone as individuals.

Bad personality traits: Rachel always wants to be acknowledged, not necessarily in the spotlight, but she prefers to be, and she gets irritated if she's ignored. She also has a hard time being honest about her emotions, both to others and herself. She procrastinates on everything, even things she enjoys. She is an awful swimmer, and has an irrational fear of geese.

Interests and hobbies: Rachel's main passion is theatre. She's been acting ever since elementary school, and even though it started out as small class skits, her love for it carried through to bigger performances. While all genres of theatre appeal to her, she adores musical comedy. She also just likes music in general, not caring what genre it is. While she can sing pretty well, she doesn't play any instruments, unless you count the kazoo. She also enjoys all types of fiction, whether it is a mystery novel, a sci-fi movie, or magical girl anime. She plays games as well, and while it’s usually board games, she does enjoy RPGs. The only sport she participates in is fencing, and while she's not that great at it, she still does it because it’s cool.

Appearance: Rachel is a third generation American-born Chinese, so while she looks Asian, she doesn't really think of herself as such. She has long black hair that reaches her mid back. She typically keeps it tied up in a bun to keep it out of the way. Her skin is tan, and usually doesn't burn, but can if she isn't careful. Her eyes are brown, but she likes wearing colored contacts. Her body and height are pretty average, standing at 5'3 and weighing 130 lbs. She only wears make up and jewelry for costumes and special occasions. Her typical attire is pretty boring, since Rachel doesn't try to look fashionable. It's essentially just T-shirts and blue jeans with a light jacket, but when the weather is cold, she likes to wear turtlenecks and oversized pullover hoodies. She wears the same pair of black sneakers every day, usually with colorful socks.

Spoiler:

First post:

Spoiler:
“Alright, that’s all for today! You guys are dismissed.”

Everyone sighed in relief. It was a long tech rehearsal, but they somehow managed to survive. The show was coming up soon, so everyone was getting stressed out. However, there was one girl who still looked peppy.

“Man, I’m so excited! Opening night is on Friday! I’m so pumped!” Rachel cheered, flexing her arms.

“At least you’re excited about it.” Her friend Mike groaned. “I’ve got some big tests that week and I won’t have any time to study with these late rehearsals.”

“Pfft, studying. Who needs that?” She replied. “You can worry about that boring stuff after the Sunday show. Just relax and enjoy yourself!”

“I don’t know if I can get away with that. I’m already behind in my classes from this musical…”

“You just gotta believe, Mike.” She placed her hand on his shoulder. “Believe in the Rachel that believes in you!”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever.”

They both walked out of the theater and into the parking lot, where cars were waiting to pick kids up. Rachel’s mother could be seen in her little silver car, talking on her cell phone.

“Well, it looks like my ride is here. See you tomorrow, Mike.” She walked over to the car, and waved her hand at Mike.

“See ya.” He gave a wave back and smiled.

Rachel opened the car door and got in the front seat. Her mother was still on the phone.

“Oh, my daughter’s here now. I’ll call you back later, alright? Bye!” She finished up her call and turned to face Rachel. “So, how was practice, honey?”
“It was okay. Long and tedious, but that’s to be expected. The show is this weekend, after all.” Rachel shrugged. “How was work?”

“Well, it started out alright, but Jerry would not stop complaining about the broken vending machine. I swear he’s the only one who uses it anyway. Nothing but candy in there. He’s a grown man, an accountant, and he still behaves like a child. Why, just the other day…”

Rachel’s mom proceeded to talk about office drama for the rest of the drive home, but her daughter didn’t mind. Her mother always had great stories to tell. As they pulled into the driveway, Rachel noticed a package on the front door.

“Ooh, is that for me? Has my birthday come early this year?” Rachel inquired playfully.

“I don’t know. I don’t remember ordering anything.” She parked the car, and got out to look at the package. “Well I can’t tell what it is, but we’ll just open it once we get inside.”

Rachel eagerly grabbed the package as her mother unlocked the small, one-story house.

“We’re home!” She announced as she entered the building. It was dimly lit with the main source of light coming from the living room. The television was on, playing some sort of drama, while her dad was asleep on the couch. Rachel smiled. He must have had a long day at the clinic.

Making sure not to wake him up, they sneaked into the kitchen and turned on the light. The teen eagerly opened the package to find what appeared to be a game box, labeled CHESS. She frowned. While chess was nice and all, she was expecting it to be more exciting. Still, the box seemed rather fancy, so maybe there was some potential.

After having a quick bite to eat, she headed back through the living room to the other end of the hallway where the bedrooms were. Her own room was littered with stuff. Her fencing outfit was strewn on the floor, books were lying in piles on desks, and her bed sheets were tangled together in a giant ball of cloth. Her pet snake was chilling in his tank as usual.

“Hey there, Reggie~ Momma’s home!” She said, cooing at him. “Who’s a cute snakey? You are!”

After feeding the ball python, she pulled out her desk chair, opened up her laptop, and put on her headphones so she could sing along to the various soundtracks she had accumulated on her hard drive. However, the game box made her curious. There had to be something more to it than just chess. Opening the box, it only had a leaflet and a CD inside. She pulled out the small piece of paper and read its contents.

“Hmm. Wasn’t expecting that.” She looked back at the cover again to see more writing. She could have sword it wasn’t there before.

“Huh. Well, I might as well try this game out. It seems pretty neat, actually.” She took out the CD and put it in her disk drive, not knowing what lay ahead for her.

Old April 20th, 2013 (03:50 AM). Edited April 20th, 2013 by Adventure.
Adventure

I notice three out of four of us so far have put "creative" or "imaginative" as a good personality trait. I just want you to keep in mind to make your character unique! :) Of course, coupled with the other traits, our characters won't really be similar anyways.

@ PsychoJigglypuff - looking good so far! I like the theatrical thing and the fact that she has a snake :D Also, singing could be an instrument of sorts ^^

In some fanverses/interpretations of Homestuck, instruments or singing are pretty important. If everyone does pick an instrument (or singing) we'll see if we can make something of that! Well I already know exactly what we could make of that. So yeah, for those who haven't written your SUs yet, it would be nice if you included an instrument ^^

EDIT: I've just written up my post for ACT 0 / the Entry Phase. It turned out long O.o But it was so much fun to write. I hope I've been giving you enough space to do your own thing but still enough optional direction. You'll see when everyone has signed up so that we can start.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links