• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Developing] Pokemon Amber

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Hmm, you use your words wisely, but your plot isn't really detailed.. Try making more plot into your game.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Hmm, you use your words wisely, but your plot isn't really detailed.. Try making more plot into your game.

He probably has a good plot already.
But it would ruin the game to give it all away.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Hmm, make sense, its just that most games have much more plot, it will make the game seem more interesting and appealing.

Last edited:

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Ok guys, I've been working diligently on the game this week. Whether it be planning things out on paper or spriting or mapping, I've been doing something to make serious progress. I've decided to show you guys some evidence of my work, including the tileset and the custom DPPt style main character. Yes I know I'm not the best spriter but I thought it looked nice! Thoughts?

UHmFVq9.png

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Progress continues! Meet the water starter, Tidark! And some eventing has been finished! Who are the other two starters? Maybe you'll find out soon!

KxcWiYX.png
JhJQnP7.png

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2017
I like it but i recommend a better story. Dont get me wrong for i like omega. but why destroy the world when you live on it? Keep that in mind.

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Thanks lemanu! I will try to make the story better as many people haven't liked it. On another note, eventing is done up to the first route, and sprinting for the starters and first route wilds are finished. Hopefully soon ill get to a point where I can continue my progress with mapping and eventing but for now I'm focusing on finishing off some sprites.

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
b9f4ff635c4380cbdc29735aa607aa18-d61zsz4.png
653_by_kalypso_j-d61ztb4.png
656_by_kalypso_j-d61ztfw.png

Meet Felore and Pamber, the other starters of the Erio Region!

In other news, I've got some mapping done, still trying to get quality house tiles. In worst case scenario progress will be delayed while I try to figure out how to resize and place houses in a RMXP tileset correctly.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
b9f4ff635c4380cbdc29735aa607aa18-d61zsz4.png
653_by_kalypso_j-d61ztb4.png
656_by_kalypso_j-d61ztfw.png

Meet Felore and Pamber, the other starters of the Erio Region!

In other news, I've got some mapping done, still trying to get quality house tiles. In worst case scenario progress will be delayed while I try to figure out how to resize and place houses in a RMXP tileset correctly.

Oh my god!! D:
Those. Are. Amazing!!

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
New stuff!

yLfxJ2A.png
G5BxgjL.png

A nice view of Topecka Town, as well as the early normal pokemon, Pupuff! Sprited by me, new tiles credit to turtwig2 of dA.

kay3o

B)
Years
Very nice work on the tileset you've gathered; really enjoying the look of everything, I look forward to seeing more.

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Thanks everyone! Input is great and helps me get motivated to keep adding stuff! I've been working on getting people to help me with OWs and trainer sprites and progress has been improving amazingly in that department, but I've been doing some work of my own!

CWwIYf1.png

Comments? Exclamations of utter joy? Post away!

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
For now his stats and moves are similar to that of the other water starters. He won't be catchable and plus its pretty cool to have!

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
No need to add new pokemon now.Because their stats and move havent reveal yet.

Why not? It's a cool thing to have, and plus, when Gen V was announced everyone (rom hacking mostly) added them to their hacks, not knowing names, going by japanese ones, or move sets stats and other things.

Also, @Apple Juice;

Scacaw sounds like a bit of a iff name. :l

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Thanks for backing me up haha, and it's the scarf pokemon so (scarf+caw). If you have a good suggestion I'll listen though!

I'm really going to try to focus on making the whole fakedex before much more scripting is done. Concepts up to #064 are complete!

Back