The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 14th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I'm also looking forward to seeing the new Gym Leaders and what types they'll cover. I'm not expecting that until the last few months though. The region is usually something that is revealed earlier. I can't remember correctly, but I think by this time we had already seen Castelia City when Black and White were coming out. I could be wrong though, it might have been later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Bug View Post
((DIE Aerilyn))
This game is still happening? I'm already dead, you're too late. :p
Old April 14th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Calm
I don't believe we've learned about most of the gym leaders if any until after BW were out in Japan...we speculated on the possible buildings though, such as Brycen's.

Does anyone think an old character from and old region may be an elite four like how Caitlin was to Unova?
Old April 14th, 2013, 08:05 PM
BraveNewWorld
The Breaker

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I don't believe we've learned about most of the gym leaders if any until after BW were out in Japan...we speculated on the possible buildings though, such as Brycen's.

Does anyone think an old character from and old region may be an elite four like how Caitlin was to Unova?
I think you're right about the gym leaders.

A lot will depend on where the region is relative to the others. If we find out it's near, say, Hoenn, it increases the chances of a cameo from someone of that region. I do think it's likely that we see some past characters, though. It's been incorporated in past games.
Old April 14th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Quote:

I'd like to see Wally from the Hoenn region return as an elite four member.

I always liked Wally and if they're going to bring anybody back from the past I hope it's somebody from the Hoenn region.

Also Pokemon XY is apparentely long enough after the other games (except maybe BW) that anybody we met previously who wasn't so tough could have become majorly more tough in that time. It would be interesting to see.
Old April 15th, 2013, 09:45 AM
RandomDSdevel

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
The only problem with that again is that if people have to fight the Gym Leaders again, no one is going to walk through all the routes again and waste their time when they can just Fly to the towns. Although you're idea is definitely plausible, I don't think players would take the time to walk through routes again unless they were explicitly made to do so.
…or if they were following a walkthrough or the official guidebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I'm kind of more interested in whether they'll keep the Shard system etc. Nothing says they won't, but still - I think maybe they might make it easier to get move tutor moves, possibly...?
You know what I miss? D/P/Pt's Underground making it a lot easier to get shards in the first place! I don't like having to search through every single route for Poké Ball chests containing these important items and want GameFreak to improve their availability.

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.

Last edited by RandomDSdevel; April 15th, 2013 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 15th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
I'd actually want some new characters for the Elite four this time around. No rehashes, as that's starting to get old to me, really.
Old April 15th, 2013, 11:05 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
You know what I miss? D/P/Pt's Underground making it a lot easier to get shards in the first place! I don't like having to search through every single route for Poké Ball chests containing these important items and want GameFreak to improve their availability.
You DO realize there's a Funfest mission that allows you to collect Shards exclusively, yes? Just do that over and over running around some Routes, possibly with Repels in tow in case you find one in a grassy area. If you're by yourself, keep only doing levels that can be done by yourself (Lv.1-2-3).

Cyclone

Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
Old April 15th, 2013, 11:15 AM
RandomDSdevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
You DO realize there's a Funfest mission that allows you to collect Shards exclusively, yes? Just do that over and over running around some Routes, possibly with Repels in tow in case you find one in a grassy area. If you're by yourself, keep only doing levels that can be done by yourself (Lv.1-2-3).

Cyclone
Sorry, I haven't started Black 2 yet (though I do have it and plan to start playing it after I finish Black to get all of the Memory Link stuff.) In fact, I'm replaying FireRed right now because of how I want to play the games and their remakes in the order in which they were originally released or sit in the timeline even though the facts that I don't have a copy of Sapphire (see my latest post in the RSE Remake Speculation Thread) and that its remake will probably be a Generation VI (or maybe even VII, but I'm keeping my hopes up for VI) game, thereby messing up my ability to migrate my Pokémon around (time to find a thread discussing the lack of a Time Capsule in HG/SS.) In addition, I didn't notice that people were discussing how easy it is to get shards in B2/W2 (via dust clouds) after the post that I just quoted. My apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I guess it wouldn't be so bad for someone like me who just buys both anyway.
Yeah, I have lately tried to usually make sure that somebody else in my family eventually gets the other version of each Pokémon game that I purchase or receive as a gift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
I've gotten to the point in PMD where I can level up my attacks. While the boost from leveling them up is miniscule, it can show after some time when compared to attacks from your opponent. What do you think it would be like if that system were in a main Pokemon game? What if it were similar to an EV system where you can only have so many points invested into your 4 attacks at a time (Damaging only)

Personally, I think this "Bond System" is something similar to this. Its supposed to make your Pokemon stronger. What better way than to supplement its attacks? Allowing a new EV like system to upgrade your attacks would be awesome and throw a new spin on Meta.
Speaking of bringing move mechanics from the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series over, how about move linking?

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.

Last edited by RandomDSdevel; April 15th, 2013 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 15th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Vapie
Togepi

Dear lord. I just got a burst of excitement for X and Y again. There's so many things I hope they do, and so many things I want to know! I think it'd be awesome if they did more with dive, like they did with gen three. Abyssal Ruins was cool and all, but kind of a disappointment. I want puzzles for more than just legendaries (though they could make those harder). They could have harder caves, especially with the new point of view. Compass please?
I can't wait to see the forest they do. Pinwheel was amazing imo. What about like a jungle?
Frozen wasteland tundra area? Swampy marshes? I'm getting pretty far ahead of myself, especially since it appears to be based off Europe. Castles galore!
Anyways, I just had to blow some excitement off
Old April 15th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

A frozen wasteland would seem like a wonderful area to add to these games! That's actually pretty interesting that we've had snowy areas before, but nothing like a snowy tundra, or anything of that nature, y'know?

Also, there were plenty of swampy marshes in Gen V (if I'm correct), but I certainly wouldn't mind those making a return. Though honestly, I'd like some sort of quicksand of some sort (that was also in Gen V, but was specifically only in Volcarona's cave, the name in which I completely forgot).

As far as the puzzles for legendaries go, I do feel that they can be a bit too easy, and I do agree that they should be slightly more challenging, but not overly challenging that it makes people throw their DS's out the window or anything like that, really. xD
Old April 15th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Vapie
Togepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
A frozen wasteland would seem like a wonderful area to add to these games! That's actually pretty interesting that we've had snowy areas before, but nothing like a snowy tundra, or anything of that nature, y'know?

Also, there were plenty of swampy marshes in Gen V (if I'm correct), but I certainly wouldn't mind those making a return. Though honestly, I'd like some sort of quicksand of some sort (that was also in Gen V, but was specifically only in Volcarona's cave, the name in which I completely forgot).

As far as the puzzles for legendaries go, I do feel that they can be a bit too easy, and I do agree that they should be slightly more challenging, but not overly challenging that it makes people throw their DS's out the window or anything like that, really. xD
Yeah! I just feel the regular forest and cave theme is getting tired (not to say I don't love it). I feel like more types of terrain could be explored further. And yes, more quicksand! More "dangerous" types of terrain, not to kill or damage but somehow mess us up. (like in Rayqayza's tower, the holes in the floor) I got so mad at that puzzle, but I loved it too. I want a good mix, maybe one really really challenging one that will frustrate people and the others could be challenging in a time consuming way or etc.
Old April 15th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Cat

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I'd actually want some new characters for the Elite four this time around. No rehashes, as that's starting to get old to me, really.
I'd actually like to see Fantina as one of the Elite Four members, with her French background and what not. It would be a nice connection between the new region and Sinnoh.

Old April 15th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Vapie
Togepi

I wouldn't mind seeing old characters come back, but maybe not as an Elite Four member. Kinda steals the spotlight on a new generation.
Old April 15th, 2013, 06:39 PM

Ironic how Unova was suppose to not be more isolated from the other regions but had a non Unova introduced character as E4...

If the champion is an old character, that will be surprising imo.
Old April 15th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Quote:
If the champion is an old character, that will be surprising imo.
If any old characters made a return, that would be surprising. @_@ I wouldn't mind one or two old characters making some sort of cameos, but keep the number to as few as possible, please.
Old April 15th, 2013, 09:12 PM

Idk with the Mewtwo event perhaps they'll be a focus on the past with this generation, old characters may be appearing to help...maybe Rowan will appear if this region is tied to genetics and evolution as Pokémon evolution's his thing.
As for Pokémonmaybe half of the dex will be evolutions of old Pokémon...
Old April 15th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Shadowraze
Vaas Montenegro

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
Quote:
Idk with the Mewtwo event perhaps they'll be a focus on the past with this generation, old characters may be appearing to help...maybe Rowan will appear if this region is tied to genetics and evolution as Pokémon evolution's his thing.
As for Pokémonmaybe half of the dex will be evolutions of old Pokémon...
Yeah, I do think some people are coming back. Yeah Rowan may appear or perhaps Birch did his fieldwork to the new region now. Or maybe you get to travel back to other regions that sort of thing.

Old April 16th, 2013, 02:09 AM
Impo
Vital Spirit

Nature: Relaxed
I agree, I think they'll definitely be some cameos because of mewtwo

I'm kinda excited! Hopefully Mew can be in there somewhere too

Vigoroth
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera
Paired to ShiningRaichu
Old April 16th, 2013, 02:10 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I hope they include references to previous games. Like how Go-Googles were mentioned in Desert Resort.
Old April 16th, 2013, 02:32 AM
Shadowraze
Vaas Montenegro

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I hope they include references to previous games. Like how Go-Googles were mentioned in Desert Resort.
I'm pretty much sure they will so players will be tempted to see those things in the previous games.

And I'm pretty sure they'll do something like BW and DPPt where you can transfer your Mon from other games to yours so you can complete the dex.

Old April 16th, 2013, 02:34 AM
vaporeon7

I'm sure they'll have a generational transfer system. Ruby and Sapphire got so much criticism for not having one.
Old April 16th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

At least, hopefully. This is a new generation after all, so who knows what GF is going to have up their sleeves this time around as far as transferring between generations is concerned. I'd like to be an optimist and say that it's pretty much going to be a given at this point (considering that every single generation past Gen III had one), but yeah, not really getting my hopes up if it doesn't turn out to be the case.
Old April 16th, 2013, 06:14 AM
vaporeon7

I think it'd be way too hard to catch up all the Pokémon that aren't available in X and Y to not allow transfers. They're almost at like 800 now.
Old April 16th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
What if pokemon were to include the generic side quest system that most RPGs implement. Something closest to that was the BW village bridge "waitering" tasks. I would love more of something like that and they could offer more rewards like pokeballs, potions, and maybe a quest that rewards one masterball but can only be done once and is extremely difficult to fulfil

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old April 16th, 2013, 07:49 AM
vaporeon7

I wouldn't mind stuff like that. I rather liked the Lucky Egg side quest in Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness.

Sponsored Links