Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > The Round Table
Reload this Page Ryan Ferguson - Serving a 40 Year Sentence For a Crime He Didn't Commit

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Round Table Have a seat at the Round Table for in-depth discussions, extended or serious conversations, and current events. From world news to talks on life, growing up, relationships, and issues in society, this is the place to be. Come be a knight.

Old April 16th, 2013 (03:52 AM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Brave
I tried a search and found no mention or thread about Ryan Ferguson on PC, so I thought I'd post one here. This is not news, it's actually quite old. This thread is just to discuss his situation and perhaps other flaws in our judicial system.

Quote originally posted by Imgur:
This is Ryan Ferguson

In 2005 he was sentenced to 40 years in prison for the murder of Kent Heitholt.

There was no physical evidence against him.

Though there was plenty of evidence at the scene; hair, fingerprints, and shoe prints, none of it matched him.

"My life was taken because the jury made a decision based off of lies."
-Ryan Ferguson

He was convicted based off of the testimonies of two people. Both of which have since admitted to perjury (lying to the judge).

Jerry Trump- The perjured witness

"I would like to ask forgiveness from Ryan." Jerry Trump tearfully admitted to perjury at Ryan's Habeas Corpus.

Chuck Erickson- The false testimony

"And, I lied...I lied." Chuck Erickson, who once blamed Ryan for the crime, has since admitted to perjury.

Despite the new evidence that proves Ryan's innocence, he was denied a new and fair trial.

A petition was started.

And after only having 22,000 signatures for nearly a year, the petition jump started.
The petition has since been submitted to Governor Jay Nixon, but no trial has been scheduled yet.
Source: http://imgur.com/gallery/mcd4f

No evidence. Witnesses who have admitted to false testimonies. No Motive. And yet, Ryan Ferguson is still in prison, serving a 40 year sentence.

Now you may think that we have no proof that he's innocent, but we can all agree that he deserves a new trial. Anyways, discuss.

On a side note, if you want to help/show support: Facebook - Change.org Petition - Website

Old April 16th, 2013 (05:59 AM).
Furude
ModeratorCS

Nature: Mild
I would sign the petition but I don't live in the US.

Take solace in that it is not just your Judiciary that has had serious problems with convicting innocent (or at least seemingly innocent) people. But this case takes the case, their was no physical evidence against him and only two witnesses who have both admitted to perjury... the reasoning behind that there has been no re-trial yet is beyond me, especially since he probably should have one the first time anyway.

"All right. I'll play a game with this endless June."

Roleplay Theatre | The Underground |
Pairs
Lokiepie, Chalifoux & Crunch Punch
|
Blog
The Pie Bakery

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)