The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 10th, 2013 (10:55 AM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonygooseD View Post
I've caught like 5 krabbys now and none of them have a good nature, is it because of the old rod? and what should I do to get a good nature krabby?
OR would you recommend me a better water type?
Nah, the rod has nothing to do with nature, you're just unlucky.

I would, Kingler aren't very good in that game. Better water types include Starmie (if LG), Lapras, Vaporeon and Tentacruel.
Old April 10th, 2013 (03:28 PM).
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

Hi, I'm contemplating doing a Dragon run through of my Leaf Green and I need help with my team:

Can anyone suggest a sixth member and give me some ideas for potential movesets?

I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Old April 10th, 2013 (03:36 PM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

Nature: Timid
Try asking in in-game team help, a subforum in Battle Center. However, you need to at least try to make some potential movesets. It's kind of rude to make others do the work. And then once you've done that, people can help you revise them if they need it.
Old April 10th, 2013 (03:56 PM). Edited April 10th, 2013 by RoreyG.
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Try asking in in-game team help, a subforum in Battle Center. However, you need to at least try to make some potential movesets. It's kind of rude to make others do the work. And then once you've done that, people can help you revise them if they need it.
\

Okay, I can do that. Just one question though. Do I repost it there altogether with the additions or do you move it there and I edit it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post

Nevermind my last couple of comments. I'll just repost it there with everything. Thank You.

Old April 10th, 2013 (05:43 PM).
Knoa
Not sure how to say it either.

Nature: Quiet
So Ive recently stumbled upon Soft Resetting and the whole Shiny Mudkips topic. And I went head first into this thinking it would be easy... ;~;

506540864068 SR's later... here I am.

So I just wanted to get your guy's five cents on how to do this properly or anything you might know about it. What I do know is that you start a new save and get to the part of the story where the Birch is being attacked by a Zigzagoon. Save in front of the bag and continuely SR until you opne the bag and choose a starter, then battling and seeing if its a shiny.

What I dont know or would like to ask you guys is...

Whats this buisness with the number "3" in the Pokemon ID?
Can you tell if its shiny by looking at the sprite or do you have to go into battle?
Average amount of resets before starting a new save?
Doe timing matter?

And by the way, I am using a EMERALD game, and as far as I'm aware, nothing is wrong with it.

Thanks before hand for any advice. :D
Is it spelled shiney?... ;~;
Old April 10th, 2013 (06:07 PM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

1. I know nothing about the numbers.
2. You have to go into battle.
3. idk
4. I've heard it doesn't.
5. Shiny without an e.
6. I'm merging this with the Q&A. :)
Old April 15th, 2013 (09:24 AM).
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

I am training my tyrogue in order to get a hitmontop.
But is there a certain method to get ATK=DEF?

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old April 15th, 2013 (09:34 AM).
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
It's tricky but not impossible, what I do is level Tyrogue up to 19 and save. Then give it enough Protein/Iron to balance the stats, level it up, and hope for the best :p If it doesn't evolve into Hitmontop, reset and give it either more Protein or Iron (whichever it needs more of).

It also helps if you have a nature that is either neutral or doesn't affect either of those stats if it's not going to be a competitive Hitmontop.

Old April 16th, 2013 (12:04 PM).
Patrick Symus

How could I "hack" pokemon into my gba save games? I have seen people alter them, but I cannot find a good software to do it with... Thanks in advance!
Old April 16th, 2013 (02:05 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Symus View Post
How could I "hack" pokemon into my gba save games? I have seen people alter them, but I cannot find a good software to do it with... Thanks in advance!
I've heard of people using Pokebox, but I've never tried it myself.
Old April 16th, 2013 (02:39 PM). Edited April 16th, 2013 by Patrick Symus.
Patrick Symus

Ok... I'll try it, thanks

EDIT: It won't work for me... every time I try to open a save file in it, it stops working... anybody have other programs?
Old April 29th, 2013 (04:27 AM). Edited April 29th, 2013 by raduban.
raduban
Unhatched Egg

Hey, I recently purchased Leafgreen and Emerald versions of Pokemon and I need some help verifying their legitimacy, which I believe both to be fakes.

Pokemon Emerald:

Front:
imgur.com/IaxOsd8.jpg
Sorry for not-so-clear image, this looks fake to me as the sticker is not shiny unlike others i've seen to be legit.
Serial : AGB-AXPE-USA

Back:
imgur.com/P12Qf3h.jpg
Checked this with my ruby version and the circuit board does look different. not much else to say. Text says : Nintendo MODEL NO AGB-002 PAT. PEND MADE IN JAPAN

Internals:
imgur.com/FuiaHzf.jpg
Haven't opened it up to check properly as I my triwing screwdriver hasn't arrived yet, but from what i've seen the circuit board has printed on it : i (circled) Nintendo EO1-41
Holding up the cartridge I can see that it doesn't seem to have a internal battery.

Other Tests/Notes:
Saving works fine, when saving it's as if the game freezes momentarily then resumes, something I haven't noticed on my ruby. always says "The previous save file will be loaded" after menu screen.

Caught 6 pokemon and transfered them to PC storage and tried to migrate them to my Soulsilver, the game didn't show up at the main menu unlike my Ruby version.

Using GBA-Backup-Tool I backed up both the Rom and .sav file from the cartridge, seems the save file is 64kb big unlike my ruby which was 128kb and VBA can only run the game and save in flash 54k mode, when trying to save in emulator the game freezes.

Link to save+rom : www DOT dropbox.com/s/fn7ixofas54i7ie/Pokemon%20Emer.rar (my own save game)

Advertised as "imported version", save file tested.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Leafgreen:

Front:
imgur.com/Ggazd8H.jpg
Looks almost real to me, the sticker is shiny, the only thing that looks odd is no printing in the nintendo seal, could've been rubbed off but I am not sure.
Serial : AGB-BPGE-USA

Back:
imgur.com/fEJXuA4.jpg
Text says: Nintendo MODEL NO AGB-002 PAT. PEND MADE IN JAPAN

Internals:

imgur.com/XNJv4z4.jpg
haven't opened either, although harder to see I dont see any bulge that would indicate a internal battery, which is fine from what I know, correct me if im wrong but I don't think leafgreen has one?

Other Tests/Notes:
Saving works fine, when saving it's as if the game freezes momentarily then resumes, something I haven't noticed on my ruby. always says "The previous save file will be loaded" after menu screen.

Caught 6 pokemon and transfered them to PC storage and tried to migrate them to my Soulsilver, the game didn't show up at the main menu either.

Using GBA-Backup-Tool I backed up both the Rom and .sav file from the cartridge, seems the save file is 64kb big, same problems when testing on VBA.

Link to save+rom : www DOT dropbox.com/s/djumxt5fo29jgcw/Pokemon%20Leaf.rar (loaded with the save file I received out of the package)

Please help me figure this out so I can take action and have them returned ASAP!
Old April 29th, 2013 (08:16 AM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

We have a guide in the FAQ about identifying fake games. But I'll go ahead and say that these sound fake to me. :x
Old May 5th, 2013 (05:35 PM).
lmcde22

Like the title says, what kind of methods did you all use to catch these elusive buggers??? Also, in Emerald, which did you choose to chase around the world? I always chose Latios, not sure why... But yeah my method was fairly simple:

1. Forget about it and work on the Pokedex until it randomly appears.
2. Throw Masterball

Also! i was wondering if anyone has seen a shiny form of either of them (no hacks). Because I've always wondered, if it is shiny the first time you see it, will it be shiny every time?

Old May 6th, 2013 (08:05 AM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

You can get them to be shiny, but it's still very difficult. It requires you to have to find Lati@s right after you talk to your mom at the beginning of post-game, since that triggers it to start roaming. And if you find it and it's not shiny, you'll have to try again. If it is and it runs, it will still be shiny next time you find it. But in RS, both Lati@s have awful IVs. If you want one that's shiny, just SR or RNG the ones in BW2.
Old May 8th, 2013 (10:25 AM).
LondonKaleb
Unhatched Egg

Hey guys, I am new here. I was wondering if you could tell me what Pokemon game is on this guys GBA cart? it looks to be in Asian language but not Japanese and was released in 2007? which does not make sense, it does look legit to me to, here is the YouTube page: watch?v=TUyMsYKMv4w
any info would be appreciated! thanks
Old May 8th, 2013 (10:59 AM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

Once the video started, it was easy to tell it's fake. RS came out in Japan in 2002, and Emerald in 2004. By 2007 in Japan, they already had Diamond and Pearl for quite a while. There would be no need to have a GBA game, so even before we see the language of the game show up, we can rule it out of being a Japanese game. And not only that, but Altaria...does not come out in the opening sequence. I love my fluffy bird and all, but that is not what happens, haha. And the title screen didn't even show up. And RSE circuits don't look like that. It's fake, fake, fake. Looks like it's a Korean bootleg, if I had to take a guess.
Old May 13th, 2013 (03:51 PM).
gavynray123

Nature: Serious
I accidently got it wet and the whole thing corroded; is there any way to fix it? I read you can use a pencil eraser to get the corrosion off, is that true?
Old May 13th, 2013 (05:00 PM).
bugsy555

You can use a pencil eraser. Rub the corroded areas firmly (but not too firm), using a cloth to clean off the eraser shavings and other gunk. Try it again and hopefully that works. note: some erasers are made with certain oils that shouldnt be left on a circuit board, if you want you can remove these oils by dabbing the spots you used the eraser on with a cotton bud and a a little alcahol. Then dry it by dabbing it with a dry cloth. You may want to also let it dry on its own for a while before testing the game
Old May 14th, 2013 (01:37 PM). Edited May 14th, 2013 by gavynray123.
gavynray123

Nature: Serious
the corrosion is a 4 year buildup, and the thin parts of the circuit board have probably been eaten through mostly. will that still work? Also, my game rarely works, though it turns on sometimes. is that an affect of the corrosion? If so, follow up question; Will it stop completely if I get the corrosion off correctly? And the last question comes from this: Whenever I hit save, my game says saving, the music still goes in the background, but it never saves, it would literally attempt to save for an eternity. Would this also be fixed if I got it off correctly?
Old May 15th, 2013 (06:22 AM).
bugsy555

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavynray123 View Post
the corrosion is a 4 year buildup, and the thin parts of the circuit board have probably been eaten through mostly. will that still work? Also, my game rarely works, though it turns on sometimes. is that an affect of the corrosion? If so, follow up question; Will it stop completely if I get the corrosion off correctly? And the last question comes from this: Whenever I hit save, my game says saving, the music still goes in the background, but it never saves, it would literally attempt to save for an eternity. Would this also be fixed if I got it off correctly?
Sounds like its a goner. You might aswell try to clean it up and hope for the best but it doesn't sound good. Tbh it's probably easier to buy another. If it's eaten through enough of it then it will certainly mes with the game. You'll have to be very carefull when you're cleaning it because it will be very fragile. Good luck and let me know how it goes.
Old May 17th, 2013 (05:58 AM).
PichuVSLink
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Hardy
Just wondering if I can post a thread like this in the advance gaming forum:

PichuVSLink's Fire Red Challenge!

I would document day by day, what happened during my adventures in the game, sort of like a journal.
Please, hear me out! The reason that I want to do this is that in another thread (sorry, can't post links yet) about my lack of dedications in the pokémon games, and I think that a thread like that would keep me motivated.

So, what do you think?

Red/Blue:Not owned
Yellow: Not currently playing
Gold/Silver/Crystal: Not owned
Fire Red: Beginning soon!
Emerald: Not currently playing
Diamond: Not currently playing
Heart Gold/Soul Silver: Not owned
Black: Not currently playing
Black 2/White 2: Not owned

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old May 17th, 2013 (06:17 AM).
Dangelitus

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by PichuVSLink View Post
Just wondering if I can post a thread like this in the advance gaming forum:

PichuVSLink's Fire Red Challenge!

I would document day by day, what happened during my adventures in the game, sort of like a journal.
Please, hear me out! The reason that I want to do this is that in another thread (sorry, can't post links yet) about my lack of dedications in the pokémon games, and I think that a thread like that would keep me motivated.

So, what do you think?
The idea sounds interesting, but im not sure that you can post a tread like that.

Remember that in cases of doubt the best you can do is sent a private message or visitor message to the Moderator of the forum, in this case you must ask directly to Sydian, mainly to avoid breaking forum rules.
Old May 17th, 2013 (06:18 AM).
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Click here, it hasn't had a post for over a month but it's a sticky so its ok. Just be careful to edit rather than double-post :)
Old May 23rd, 2013 (04:03 PM).
Limerent
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I have a question regarding Sapphire:
-Can you catch Chimecho in the volcanic ash submerged route next to Fallabor Town?
Bulbapedia lists the catch locations as Mt. Pyre, but, the description also says the Pokemon can be found in mountainous regions, although it is much rarer. As a child, I remember searching for Chimecho in the ash fields for days, and i'm pretty sure I found it there eventually. Does anybody know if this route actually does have a very low spawn rate for Chimecho? It may be affected by the day/night cycle...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links