The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Should Ambient Include A Third Type To Each Pokémon?
Yes, because Beedrill or Dustox would be Bug / Poison / Flying 5 21.74%
No, because Pokémon only need two Types / other reasoning. 18 78.26%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 17th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

Nature: Bold
Edit - Nevermind that xD Anyway, here's a preview (a bit more progressed) of Tricott Theme.

"Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere" - Anton Ego
Old April 17th, 2013, 10:14 AM
SereneAmbience
Founder of Pokémon Ambient

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenne-kun View Post
Edit - Nevermind that xD Anyway, here's a preview (a bit more progressed) of Tricott Theme.
I really like where this song is headed. It has that home-y feel that is inviting and also it's really catchy! Keep up the good work!
Old April 18th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

Sup, my home-y (homie) XD

"Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere" - Anton Ego
Old April 18th, 2013, 02:08 AM
Arma
Actually not mad at all
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Damn, I hit the replay button around 10 times in a row! XD that's actually a lot better than most themes from the original games, I love it!

Last edited by Arma; April 18th, 2013 at 02:45 AM.
Old April 18th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
That music is amaazing!! I'mm very very jelly! >~<

Just strollin' to my next destination...
Old April 18th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

Thanks guys! I added a mild percussion/drum beat to it and harmonies + basslines etc so now it sounds twice as good too

Old April 18th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Eren Jaeger
Pianoist

Nature: Serious
An Idea? May I see some screen shots or maybe this shouldn't be an idea and go for it,
Old April 18th, 2013, 08:20 PM
SereneAmbience

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaedearagaki View Post
An Idea? May I see some screen shots or maybe this shouldn't be an idea and go for it,
That's the plan, kaedearagaki. We are in the process of finding tiles to use, implementing new movesets, creating new sprites, and (my part) writing out more of each location and storyline. Screenshots are on their way, but it all takes time..sadly. =/ Hopefully it'll be changed to a working project!
Old April 19th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

Time eh? That's good. Gives us more time to make even better themes. I'm also really surprised that you guys like that theme of mine - it's not that complicated and it's pretty simple and straightforward compared to SOME pokemon themes. The entire thing will be done tomorrow.

Last edited by Fenne-kun; April 19th, 2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old April 21st, 2013, 02:34 AM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

Anyway, it's done! I posted it onto Youtube under a more general name though x3 I also advertised Pokemon Ambient down there xD

Old April 22nd, 2013, 08:31 AM
SereneAmbience

Does anyone have any ideas for the title screen?? I mean, of course, Fire Flyy's logo will be there, but what should the background be that boosts the idea of Ambient. The Ambient-specific event Pokémon are Kingdra, Arcanine, and Tropius. So I was considering using one them in the foreground, but I am unsure as of yet. Let me know what everyone thinks!

Here is an example:

Last edited by SereneAmbience; April 22nd, 2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:02 AM
Arma
Actually not mad at all
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
The logo looks nice, but I doubt it'd look good if you scaled down the game to the GBA's resolution.

Maybe we can have three versions, each with one of the special Pokemon. Every time you start up the game one of the three will be displayed at random.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 03:08 PM
SereneAmbience

Quote:
Originally Posted by elarmasecreta View Post
The logo looks nice, but I doubt it'd look good if you scaled down the game to the GBA's resolution.
UHHHH.... Arma, This is the original (already scaled down) size of the title screen. I had it bigger, but RPG Maker XP wanted a specific size so I had to re-adjust it to this small. No GBA involved. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by elarmasecreta View Post
Maybe we can have three versions, each with one of the special Pokemon. Every time you start up the game one of the three will be displayed at random.
This is a great idea! I will be constructing more titles with those events as I go! Spiritomb also will have a big event in Ambient during the Candlewick Tower saga.

EDIT: Here is a link image to the recolored Trainer Classes that I have created (no customs as of yet):

Last edited by SereneAmbience; April 27th, 2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old April 27th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

Where did everyone go? ;_;

Old April 28th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Rayziken 2
Beginning ROM Hacker

Meaning to post here for a while.

The Tricott theme is amazing and sounds great for a first town. It reminded me of D/P for an unknown reason.

I'm going to start working on some alternate-coloured Pokémon sprites from the anime. Like the Red Snorlax and the Orange Island Pokemon, I'll work on them when I have the time.

Spoiler:
Old April 29th, 2013, 08:45 AM
SereneAmbience

Hey everyone!

I have worked to hire more members (mostly artists), but with little success. However, I have created some great promotional ideas.

Click THIS LINK to see our new Ambient DeviantArt Group! I plan to upload all our important artwork and trailers up on this site. This community is great to find artists that could better distribute to Ambient.
http://pokemon-ambient.deviantart.com/

Also click THIS LINK to see our new Facebook page that will support Ambient with fans! Which I am hoping is another way of great communication, because again this still seems to be an issue. This page will contain updates on everything I change and I will post other major accomplishments toward our project!
https://www.facebook.com/PokemonAmbient
Old April 30th, 2013, 08:35 AM
mateidobrescu

I like the idea of traveling to other regions!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=300124
Old May 1st, 2013, 02:11 PM
SereneAmbience

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateidobrescu View Post
I like the idea of traveling to other regions!
Thank you mateidobrescu! It's an idea that almost every game should have, but since we are focusing more so on the custom / unique Serene region, we will delay production of earlier regions until Serene deems shined to perfection.

Here is a good look at a Serene-adapted Tirtouga! Tirtouga's "not-so-new" coloration matches that of the beta concept, but includes hints of warmer tropic waters. It also has the new ability, Prehistoric Memory, and comes along with a few new moves: Archaic Water, Flipper Hit, and Relic. Tirtouga is going to stay a Water/Rock-type Pokémon.

Last edited by SereneAmbience; May 2nd, 2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:50 PM
SereneAmbience

Here are some Pokemon based off of the anime errors. Hope you enjoy! =D

EDIT: I would also like to introduce LugiaDialga of YouTube to our team! She is going to be assisting us with composing music! Let's all give her our admiration and support as we go along our journey to Serene!

Last edited by SereneAmbience; May 3rd, 2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old May 4th, 2013, 07:10 PM
TheLegendary35
Legendary and Purple

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to TheLegendary35
I'm quite impressed by your work here! Three personal friends of mine are part of your music team, as it turns out. If you ever need a hand in something, from music to random humorous moments to character development, feel free to hit me up! My Skype is the same username as here; that'll be by far my easiest contact.
Pokemon Equilibrium is my project. Be sure to at least look at it. If you like it, then say so. If you don't, tell me why. If you wish to contribute, then say so. If you don't, then continue about your business. It is currently an idea in need of teams. Link here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=273206
Old May 5th, 2013, 03:25 AM
Rayziken 2
Beginning ROM Hacker

Tirtouga, Pidgey and Weedle look great. The new moves also sound good.

If you need any more moves, I have lots of them from other forums, and I'll get them if you want me to. Some of them will come with stats and descriptions, and I'll make up some as I go along.

Spoiler:
Old May 5th, 2013, 06:16 AM
darkrown
Mind Traveller

Nature: Calm
Hi, i joined yesterday and i just wanna salute everyone. I´ll be helping with the sprites (specially Overworlds) and Badges. Also i got a list of pokemon moves that i´ll put later to see if any of those are fine.

You can see the badges i start to make in my album.

And that´s all, thanks for your time
Old May 5th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

LG's here as well? Phew that's a lot of superior people. x3

Old May 5th, 2013, 06:52 PM
SereneAmbience

I had a lot to look over. I had lots of emails, messages, and etc.

Welcome our two new spriters from DeviantArt OmegaDrapion and darkrown! Welcome TheLegendary35 to our group of YouTube composers! yay!

Order of agenda. I responded to (I believe) all of those who sent me that mass pile of messages! If I forgot, I apologize and please send me another..... (oh dear Arceus save me)
I updated the first post with the new members and of course some NEWNEWNEWNEW songs that lala19357 and AlmightyArceus have created! So give those a listen and comment and let me know what you all think!

My next project: .....sprites, tiles, mapping, writing, inputting, concepts, locations, and deciding.

Last edited by SereneAmbience; May 6th, 2013 at 07:47 AM.
Old May 6th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire

You are kidding me?!

You've got Lala doing themes too?! Dx

Just strollin' to my next destination...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links