The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation

Notices

Metal & Color Generation Talke a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 22nd, 2013, 03:06 PM
pokem0nprincess

Nature: Quirky
Anyone ever tried it with results? I have been searching everywhere for a tried and true method to breed a shiny pokemon, because of the way gen ii's IVs are set up. Bulbapedia says that there can be up to 1/64 chance to get a shiny baby pokemon if one parent is shiny and the baby is the opposite gender of the shiny parent. I don't know enough about breeding IVs, but I really want to try to breed some shiny pokemon if possible. Has anyone found a good way to do this?
Blue - 4 badges
Yellow - 4 badges
Gold - 8 badges but no E4
LeafGreen - 8 badges, E4, Kanto Dex completed
FireRed- 8 badges & E4
Emerald - 8 badges, E4, almost finished with Hoenn Dex
Diamond - 8 badges, E4, working on dex
SoulSilver - 16 badges, no Red, working on dex
White - 8 badges, no E4
Black 2 - 6 badges
X 8 badges, E4, working on dex
Old February 25th, 2013, 10:53 AM
pallando

You can get yourself a shiny Ditto with the Shiny Ditto trick. For this, you will need a shiny Gyarados with the move "Mimic" (all other moves should/must be forgotten to make it easier, trade Gyarados to R/B/Y in order to teach it Mimic via TM 31). Now, that you have a Shiny Gyarados with mimic, you can look for a Ditto in the grass to the right of Fuchsia City (Note: it is important that Gyarados is faster than Ditto, which is usually the case). Use Mimic, and you will learn Transform. When Ditto Transforms, it will turn into a Gyarados, and now wait until Ditto uses Transform again. Now catch it (afaik, only a master ball works now). And there you go: You have caught a shiny Ditto if you followed these steps. Now trade it back to G/S/C and put it in the daycare. The chance of getting a shiny egg is now 1:64 (the normal rate being 1:8000 or sth. like this). I've gotten quite a few shinies that way, it still takes some time though. I use the Dodrio Gameboy of Stadium to breed eggs so it goes way faster. :p

Greetings,
pallando
Old February 25th, 2013, 07:47 PM
tabor62

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by charcharx3 View Post
Is there any disadvantages to doing the Mew glitch in pokemon blue? (in other words, any complications?)
There shouldn't be any. It's 100% safe (well, at least from my own experience)

Old February 25th, 2013, 11:03 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
tabor62 is correct, the Mew glitch, if done correctly, is completely safe. The missingno. glitch however is evil, if you must do it, do it on an emulator or something.

I've done both in the past.
Old February 26th, 2013, 10:28 AM
pokem0nprincess

Nature: Quirky
Isn't there an easier way? I thought I had read of a method other than the shiny ditto trick. I am unable to trade pokemon between my Gold and RBY because I lack the proper hardware. Is there a certain method or formula in determining the IVs for baby pokemon, depending on the IVs of the parent pokemon?
Blue - 4 badges
Yellow - 4 badges
Gold - 8 badges but no E4
LeafGreen - 8 badges, E4, Kanto Dex completed
FireRed- 8 badges & E4
Emerald - 8 badges, E4, almost finished with Hoenn Dex
Diamond - 8 badges, E4, working on dex
SoulSilver - 16 badges, no Red, working on dex
White - 8 badges, no E4
Black 2 - 6 badges
X 8 badges, E4, working on dex
Old February 26th, 2013, 11:32 AM
vaporeon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokem0nprincess View Post
Isn't there an easier way? I thought I had read of a method other than the shiny ditto trick. I am unable to trade pokemon between my Gold and RBY because I lack the proper hardware. Is there a certain method or formula in determining the IVs for baby pokemon, depending on the IVs of the parent pokemon?
Unfortunately, that is the easiest way. You can always use your Gyarados to breed something.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:48 PM
SgtPepper619
Unhatched Egg

Hello everyone my brother and I have decided to play the old Pokemon blue, red and yellow games and catch all pokemons. Can you tell do I need to play all 3 to get them all? thanks and have a nice day
Old March 3rd, 2013, 12:13 AM
SaniOKh
The Cynical Completionist

Nature: Lonely
Hi. Unless you're fine with erasing the save file after completing half of the game, yes, you'll need to play all three because of the three Eevelutions (since you only get one Eevee per game) .

PM me before adding and, please, tell me which one you added!
Old March 3rd, 2013, 03:01 AM
Shaturu711

Nature: Gentle
Hi! To collect all the Pokemon, you have to get all 3 versions as each version has its own pokemon exclusives. For example, Red has Ekans while Blue has Pinsir. Another alternative is to use the VBA Emulator and cheat to get them all, although it would take the fun out of the game!

Quote:
Eeveextreme Club Profile:

Username: Shaturu711
Partner Pokemon: Umberon

Titles: [None]
Old March 6th, 2013, 05:12 AM
vaporeon7

You really only need Red and Blue to get everything, but that'd mean you'd have to restart once, or clone your Eevee, or perform the Mew glitch, but make it so you get Eevee (or an Eeveelution) instead. If you have Stadium, you can get all the choice Pokémon there anyway, and if you have Stadium 2, you could always get to Celadon City around the 2nd Gym by abusing the trade item feature.

Or if you really wanted you could just play one game and do the Mew glitch to get every Pokémon you need from other games.
Old March 11th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Sven

Nature: Relaxed
Guys, advice pls. I was going to play all Pokemon games, starting with the oldest.I was going to start with Pokemon Yellow, but I have no idea when will I be able to get it (I am not giving xyz$ for it on ebay), however I might be able to get Blue soon. But, as far as I know, Yellow is much better, in many different ways, I dont think I will feel like playing whole storyline on Blue, and then again the same thing on Yellow. Should I just wait to get Yellow or? :D
Old March 11th, 2013, 12:46 PM
vaporeon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSvenx View Post
Guys, advice pls. I was going to play all Pokemon games, starting with the oldest.I was going to start with Pokemon Yellow, but I have no idea when will I be able to get it (I am not giving xyz$ for it on ebay), however I might be able to get Blue soon. But, as far as I know, Yellow is much better, in many different ways, I dont think I will feel like playing whole storyline on Blue, and then again the same thing on Yellow. Should I just wait to get Yellow or? :D
They're not all that different. Personally I would play Blue and then once I get Yellow, play that. Also Gold/Silver/Crystal go off the events of Red/Blue more than Yellow imo. I wouldn't worry too much about not wanting to finish the whole storyline either. It can be finished comfortably in 10 hours. I've even done it in under 4 (don't do that though, it was painful). I suppose if you play both, you get to use a wider variety of Pokémon.
Old March 11th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Sven

Nature: Relaxed
Thanks. But it still worries me that I won't feel like doing the whole story again. I REALLY want to, but I don't think I will, especially with Crystal being another extension to the whole Kanto region, and since I am going to play Emerald after that, and then again fire red and soul silver. Simply I don't want to get sick of Kanto lol, and even worse, Pokemon all together.

If anyone is selling or giving away (ya right) pkmn Yellow, pm me!
Old March 12th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Jak
where the fairy flies

Quote:
If anyone is selling or giving away (ya right) pkmn Yellow, pm me!
Go to eBay. Not allowed to sell/buy here.
Old March 31st, 2013, 12:27 AM
Midnight-Umbreon

Ok I'm playing yellow, and I have got to Lavender Town and in the pokemon tower even though I know it won't do anything (I played yellow when I was about 5) I tried attacking one of the ghosts for the fun of it and the ghost said 'Get out... Get out......' And I honestly can't remember if its normal. Cuase I have read about all the messed up rumurs with lavender town and I know there fake but now Lavender is just scaring me, I'm honestly freaked out.... I mean I never rember being creeped out with the game when I was younger so am I just paranoid and scaring myself. I know it sounds stupid but it took me ages to get to Lavender town as my game kept freezing it the cartridge came out. I just need to know if its normal for ghosts to talk I can't find anything online.

Music Is The Escape
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:07 AM
vaporeon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight-Umbreon View Post
Ok I'm playing yellow, and I have got to Lavender Town and in the pokemon tower even though I know it won't do anything (I played yellow when I was about 5) I tried attacking one of the ghosts for the fun of it and the ghost said 'Get out... Get out......' And I honestly can't remember if its normal. Cuase I have read about all the messed up rumurs with lavender town and I know there fake but now Lavender is just scaring me, I'm honestly freaked out.... I mean I never rember being creeped out with the game when I was younger so am I just paranoid and scaring myself. I know it sounds stupid but it took me ages to get to Lavender town as my game kept freezing it the cartridge came out. I just need to know if its normal for ghosts to talk I can't find anything online.
That's totally normal, you need to get the Silph Scope from the Rocket Hideout in Celadon City and they'll turn into Haunter, Gastly and Cubone.
Old April 14th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Ravenyte

uhhh, I was wondering.
is the pokemon in the odd egg decided when you get the egg itself, or when it hatches?
Old April 14th, 2013, 02:32 PM
vaporeon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenyte View Post
uhhh, I was wondering.
is the pokemon in the odd egg decided when you get the egg itself, or when it hatches?
When you get it. So save before you talk to the old man.
Old April 17th, 2013, 03:28 PM
SamuJake
I beat Red when I was 8' bro.

Nature: Modest
Hi, so I fixed 3 Pokemon games (Yellow, Blue, Red) and changed the batterie and used electric tape. put the screw back in etc. Yellow has worked fine this whole time ( nearly a year.) Blue and Red have re-set though even though I fixed it with the same type of batterie (brand new) what can I do to make sure it doesn't reset again? it's annoying.
Old April 17th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Pinta77
Wonder Trade Troll

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
Strange. This might sound stupid, but is the battery in the right way? Only other thing I can think of is maybe a part is broken.

Try doing some research on the internet. See if anyone else has the same problem. I just did a quick google search but didn't see anything right off the bat =/

Old April 17th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to #18
I'm scared now my Red won't save someday & the file will be corrupted... then all the Pokemon I've grown attached to & all the time spent training & working with all of them will be gone

❤ 18
Old April 17th, 2013, 09:10 PM
tabor62

Quote:
Originally Posted by #18 View Post
I'm scared now my Red won't save someday & the file will be corrupted... then all the Pokemon I've grown attached to & all the time spent training & working with all of them will be gone
If you can find the means to, you could always dump your save file onto the computer. In addition you could also use a Mega Memory Card to back up your save, though I'm not sure how those work since I've never used one before.

Old April 17th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
If you can find the means to, you could always dump your save file onto the computer. In addition you could also use a Mega Memory Card to back up your save, though I'm not sure how those work since I've never used one before.
I'm not sure how to do any of that but I'll definitely do some research & give it a shot, thank you!

❤ 18
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:09 PM
SamuJake
I beat Red when I was 8' bro.

Nature: Modest
I have a gameboy and Pokemon R,B and Yellow. I also have pokemon stadium on n64. Is it possible to battle a friend who is also using a gameboy and a pokemon game by connecting your gameboy to the n64 and battiling using your pokemon ON pokemon stadium?

Can someone tell me how and what I need.
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Champloo
RNG Expert

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Champloo
You need to use the 'Gameboy Transfer Pack' to upload the Pokemon from your file. So essentially you'll need TWO in order to use two games simultaneously. Once all these are obtained the set up it quite easy. Just follow the on screen instructions.

RNG, the skill for the well informed
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links