• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokémon Fallout (OOC/SU)

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
today is nearly over xD (for me)

btw with the story line I'm currently following (I call it Nath's research) I was wondering if anyone wanted to tag along, like meet somewhere. I'm bored of doing this by myself :P

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
wheres spark at the moment. Nath will soon be headin either to Solaceon ruins or Mt coronet, as the only real plot I have for him is to research why it happened, and obviously to find his dad, but that can wait until IceFyr returns from her break (or whatever) do you want to meet at Solaceon ruins?

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Machomuu: Use an etherpad, or a simple text editor that loads fast so it's not inconvenient!

@Everyone: I apologize for my absence. Critical muse failure. I'm currently in the worst possible state of mind for RPing and am just sort of trying to force myself past that.

Khawill

<3
Years
wheres spark at the moment. Nath will soon be headin either to Solaceon ruins or Mt coronet, as the only real plot I have for him is to research why it happened, and obviously to find his dad, but that can wait until IceFyr returns from her break (or whatever) do you want to meet at Solaceon ruins?

Right now she is getting off victory road, and will be heading to sunny shore after she deals with someone.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
okay. I'm nowere near sunnyshore, so I'm going to post a bit more about the Celestic ruins.

Is it okay if n4th finds some information about arcea sometime, and obviously then he would be like, the only one to know, until he tells someone obvs. Arcea IS related to arceus, right? it would mean better story line, coz Nath can't do much else without Aria. (man am I cursed, coz whenever I talk to someone in the roleplay, they either drop out, or have to go for a wile :P)

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Fallout Banner!

Code:
[PLAIN][title="Join Yellow's apocalyptic RP, Pokemon Fallout!"][URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=273886"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0ntbkN1.png[/IMG][/URL][/title][/PLAIN]

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
I'm going to make a new character for the fallout coz Nath's getting boring :D (well I'm gonna make him and Nath meet so I can actually have a conversation... with myself -.-
I'll probably post it before anyone else posts a thing!!! xD Well that's what it's like in this here role play! :D Thinking of a Charizard wielder...

Name: Alexander Deurden

Nickname (Optional): Felix

Age (10-13): 13

Sex (Male or Female): male

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish.): Minimum of 3 lines if no picture is provided. He is quite tall, but not the tallest out of most people. He is skinny, with quite a bit of bulk. He wears a purple and gold material jumpsuit, because it's the only piece of clothing he has, alongside a pair of old trainers. His hair is quite long, and thick, and is usually messy and dirty. It is a blood red colour. He has a pair of Charizard ears above his head that are constantly there due to and accident during a research experiment. Apart from that his appearance is a bit plain.

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): 4 lines minimum
Felix tries to be coolheaded, and if he is angry, he will instead cry instead of enrage. He tries to be kind as often as he can, but sometimes finds it hard to give up the things he love to help others, but he will always give reassuring words to give people courage, or to make them happy again. He is great when it comes to talking to little children, and knows how to make everyone smile. He sometimes likes to imitate pokémon, or act like them, just for fun, but it's only often he will laugh when doing so, as he finds some pokémon amusing. He is quite a softy, and can get hurt or disappointed easily, and is quite needy. He hates the dark and prefers to be with someone. He loves to keep fit too, so he is always running around and jumping about He likes to make his own families up at times, but it's often with dolls. He is sometimes very clumsy or makes mistakes very easily.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events?): 4 lines minimum
Felix grew up in Celestic town all his life, and had never gone as far as the entrance to Mt. Coronet. He lives with his mum and his dad, who are both incredibly religious. He has always hated the town and their stupid premonitions and spirit talk. It was well known to him that whenever he was told to stay inside, the elderly people were warding the spirits away from someone or something. Felix did believe in spirits, but he hated the religious side of it. He also hated the fog that surrounded the town, so he often tried to sneak out of the town, but it usually ended up with him being caught. It wasn't until Felix was incredibly bored and fed up that he tried to escape from the other side of town, Mt. Coronet. In doing so he found his spirit, Charizard.

Several years before that, Felix was nominated to take part in a science experiment to bring back a pokémon. Scientists had discovered the tiniest particle of a charizard, so they needed Felix as a carrier, in other words, someone to carry the Charizard particle within them. In doing so, the scientists discovered a fatal fault within there experiment, the Charizard particle was going to consume the whole body, forcing Felix to become a Charizard. The scientists were determined to complete this, so they carried on, but Felix was aware of his situation and broke free half way through the experiment, causing some of the multiplied particles to bond with Felix, giving him the ears of the Charizard. From then on, scientists were allways on the lookout for the boy, as without him, the scientists couldn't complete their experiment. Felix then after went and hid, while the scientists searched Celestic town. When they left on their search, Felix came out of hiding and returned to society, forgetting about the scientists from then on.

Pokéspirit (No legendaries. Alternate color schemes are allowed.)
Species: Charizard

Nickname (Optional):

Personality (Can be as short or long as you want): Charizard's attitude is a more strong willed one, with lots of care for Felix. Nuff said.

Moves (Maximum of 6. TM and egg moves are allowed. These are the moves your character gets when they fuse): flamethrower, brick break, iron tail, dig, whirlwind, agility

Other (Optional): This is where you put any unique traits, quirks, or additional powers your pokespirit may give your character. If they're based on quirks or abilities the original pokemon had, you have a high probability of being accepted. Flying, natural ability is that he is the keeper of the only particle of a pokémon ever.

Opening Post (This will be what we use to determine whether your writing skills are good enough. If accepted, you may feel free to copy paste your post here into the IC thread.): I would recommend a minimum of 8 lines and a maximum of 20, but it's your choice.

Do I have to do this again >:)

Felix was cornered, every direction one of those goons were guarding the only exit. 'What do they want with me?' Felix looked around for a way out. 'There is no way straight ahead, so the only other options is above ground and underground, but then again, digging would be too slow, and if I fly, they could shoot me down. What am I going to do.'
"What do you want with me? Leave me alone!"
"We can't do that so easily. Our search has lasted two years! There is no way we are letting you escape! We must finish the project!"
'Of course! They're the scientists from two years ago... I can't believe I forgot that much.'
"I don't want to become a stupid pokémon!!!" 'Sorry charizard'
'It's okay I understand the matter of the situation, its only natural to say something like that.'
Felix sat on the ground.
"Okay you got me." The goons looked confused.
Felix knew he was cornered, but that was perfect, that way they can't see behind his back. Nath started to use dig by fusing his hands with charizard's.
"Are you serious kid? No fighting back, huh? We knew you were strong willed, what on earth happened to that?"
"This!" Nath dived backwards into the small hole he had made, which was big enough for him to fit in, and starting to frantically dig in a spiral shape to make sure the goons couldn't shoot him.
Outsmarted a bunch of scientists!!

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Yup! But these ones are 50% more ghostly than the previous models!

The ghostly effect is supposed to represent the PokeSpirits :3 The fact that it was already a ghost was mere coincidence.

Khawill

<3
Years
... Incinerated? That's harsh, I mean really harsh. (Lot to read, so read first and last paragraph basically) Are they dead, or teleported? Cause I never got to interact with them
:(

Dawn

Years
@WolfOfEve: Very well~ I approve of this.

@Crimson0191: I've got one big question for you. How in Arceus name did these scientists do complex, expiremental DNA expirements in a world where electricity is no longer practical to obtain at all, let alone for long term activities? Seems to be a large plot hole.

@Everyone: Boom! Plot-pushing post.

@Khawill: Now why would I give you spoilers and ruin the incentive to go find out for yourself through IC exploration?~ Also, apparently Arceus wasn't joking around when he threatened his wrath against anyone who broke his laws.

Last edited:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
simple, scientists are clever and can produce other ways of research and development, mainly by extracting the particles and multiplying them with heat pressure, then mixing them with the particles of Felix to produce a pokémon. Obviously this is all done by hand so it hurts, ask Felix he should know :D Honestly if you think about it there is many ways to make tis possible, this is one. Remember, those who follow a path of science never give up, and those who follow the path of magic never find what they are looking for.

Khawill

<3
Years
Better question: How do they have the resources, power, and safety to do such things? It's not like they can spawn the machines required to see, change, and interact directly with particles.

Also you can't just "multiply" particles -.- that's not how The laws of conservation of mass works. If you are thinking cells, or even DNA, then the science is even more complicated.

Think about it this way: We can't do what you scientists did, and we have pretty advanced stuff, food, safe and dedicated living conditions and labs. We have electricity as well.

In the game, their tech is just as good or slightly better than ours today. (Pokeballs/Dexes are not futuristic because tbh they were created due to their world. We have no need to store animals in compact spaces to carry around). Now this Rp is significantly after, in a post-apoc world. Science would have deteriorated, or dissolved completely over the time.
At best, science would have frozen, it could not advance to levels of reviving a creature removed from existence. (Not even dead, just completely gone, poof!)

Magic is more plausible considering the setting actually. Like, science didn't remove Pokemon from existence, nor does it allow spirits to be fused with humans. I'd suggest dropping the unique story idea, or changing so that he gets a charzard spirit and then the "scientists" (Who really shouldn't exist) attempt to study and change him.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
er-hem, are you forgetting the extreme measurements people are going through. Aren't you forgetting spirit wielders? Obviously it's going to be forced on spirit wielders to do such a thing. Even so, the magic could be the thing affecting it. Also, I had an idea about the WHOLE experiment.

They try and capture Felix to multiply the charizard particles by using Palkia's power, wich is only accecible by forming the red chain, so in effect they try to create an artificial one using pokeweilders power. (basically magic) then once they summon palkia to this world they give palkia some sort of offering in exchange for a change in the fabric of space, therefore multiplying the particles and merging them with Nath to create a full Charizard

Obviously they'll fail, but the whole Palkia thing could cause some interesting plot in the whole of Sinnoh, since its at the top of the mountain, everyone can see it, also, it would presumably be ear the tree, which might enrage arceus into entering the world.

I thought this whole thiong trhough by the way. Also if technology has frozen they would still have basic science equipment. The only real thing they need is Palkia.

I hope that's understandable, its logical and comp,letely mad, but that's the whole point. The scientists are that determined.

Dawn

Years
@Crimson0191: These aren't things you can reasonably do without technology. The human race has not had remotely enough time to recover from the technology collapse, and considering most of their time would need to be focused on /not dying/ of hunger that would further impact their ability to recover quickly.

Also, Palkia lives in a seperate dimension and can't really be called out by any known means. It would also... y'know, /die/ if it ever decided to waltz on out and say hi.

I also have a really hard time following your train of thought here. Most importantly, I can't really accept this because you're saying they /could/ do this or they /could/ do that but you're not explaining how.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
-.- Your not imagining correctly. With thi9s new character I was trying to be original and creative, but your kinda just saying I should just stfu and be normal. Put it this way.

In Africa, they have little to no technology in some areas, yet a lot in others. Some people learn and adapt their ideas over time, basically meaning that SOME area's in Sinnoh, presumably a secret organisation or area, has developed technology, and is therefore keeping it a secret to avoid the rest of the humans from demanding technology. People develop their ideas and beliefs every day, and there will be the odd nutter who will spend all their life figuring out a cure for cancer, or making the worlds first robots, in the world of the rp, its exactly the same, just somewere in this world, the technology is kept secret. Not everyone is clever, but this IS possible. Also I think 100 years is enough for the next generation of humans to evolve science... (obvs not too much, but if this whole teams project is based on that particle, then it means the technology that they made will al be based on the project)

Btw I mentioned about making an artificial red chain.... that's how palkia stroll in. He doesn't just come, he is summoned. That's what the red chain does...

You just have to imagine this, coz to me it makes perfect sense. Anything is possible.

Back