The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 13th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Cassiopeiia
Floating

Nature: Bashful

Advertise here
This has been second nature to me since I started playing Pokémon, and it's by no means a hassle. I think it's convenient to have a balanced team levelwise, and, my Pokémon need to learn caring for eachother and sharing the EXP!

And I very much agree with this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Pokemon Equality! :D
Old April 14th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to #18
It's funny to find a topic like this. It's something I do all the time. I like to keep my team balanced out & lately I want to train every single Pokemon I catch ;

❤ 18
Old April 14th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Navy Blue
Artist

Nature: Modest
I try to keep them all equally-leveled, but my Serperior is way too far ahead. I just started intense training my other Pokemon to get them high-enough to survive Black Kyurem.

Good day.
Old April 14th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Yes, I do this everytime :D But I do it like this...
Pokemon A reaches level XY (divisible by 5 xD) and then I try to make the other party members reach the same level ASAP.
The only exception is Lucario who I tend to overlevel as much as possible so he ends up 5 or 10 levels above the others.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 14th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Student D1
De-Wott?

Location: It's where the sun rises, but it's smaller than Japan.
Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to Student D1
I used to keep all my Pokémon equally leveled. Yes, including those that are boxed. I just didn't want them to be "left behind." My starter Pokémon is usually a level higher than the rest.

But now, in my White 2, the levels aren't equal anymore. But they are still the same by tens until they go Level 100. Like, all levels of the Pokémon in my team should be around in 70's, or in 80's. (I hope I explained it right. )

Profile | PM | Intro Thread | PokéSpe | White 2 FC
Old April 15th, 2013, 05:37 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Student D1 View Post
Yes, including those that are boxed. I just didn't want them to be "left behind."
My god your dedication is admirable as well your patience. I sure as hell could never train every Pokémon I owned. (Boxers, I mean)
Old April 15th, 2013, 05:41 AM
ExeTheTyphlosion

All of my pokemon need to be the same level at all times.
Old April 18th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Synerjee
the oncoming storm.

Nature: Relaxed
I always do this! All of my Pokemon have to be on the same level, or at least one level apart. For example, I have a team of level 47 Pokemon. I train one of them to level 48, followed by another, and another and so on until all of them are level 48, and the process starts all over again. The first Pokemon to get trained up a level must have the least amount of XP left till level up, followed by the second least amount and so on; that's the way I train. I do this throughout the game starting from the minute when I capture my first Pokemon up to the Elite 4, not only at certain points. I make it a point to give an even and fair share during training so that everyone has an equal stand in my team, not being different levels and having inconveniences to higher-levelled opponents.

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old April 18th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Arma
Actually not mad at all
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by synerjee View Post
I always do this! All of my Pokemon have to be on the same level, or at least one level apart. For example, I have a team of level 47 Pokemon. I train one of them to level 48, followed by another, and another and so on until all of them are level 48, and the process starts all over again. The first Pokemon to get trained up a level must have the least amount of XP left till level up, followed by the second least amount and so on; that's the way I train. I do this throughout the game starting from the minute when I capture my first Pokemon up to the Elite 4, not only at certain points. I make it a point to give an even and fair share during training so that everyone has an equal stand in my team, not being different levels and having inconveniences to higher-levelled opponents.
Basically, this, except that I make a few exceptions.
Sometimes I want to keep training a single member of my team till it evolves or learns a new move. For example, I had a level 23 Fearow and Gloom, and just caught a Diglet, I trained Diglet to level 26 so it could evolve.
Old May 7th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Wildlian

Nature: Lax
Yes I do this, I do it before every gym.
Old May 7th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Recluse
The Harbinger of Solitude
Community Supporter

My team must consist Pokemon at the same level (or at least similar) every single time in every situation. I have to keep my team in good shape.
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Darkrai Lv.1000
Has a tendency to figure things out

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
Yep, my team have to be the same levels as each other. I'm OCD about it. xD

I train my Pokemon 2 levels at a time, switching the leader after that. Usually the leader (which tends to be the one who levels the slowest) is about 1-2 levels higher due to always being in front.
Old May 7th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I used to be extremely OCD about this as there couldn't be more than one level
difference between the members of my party. It's not that bad anymore, but it's
still in a 3 Level range, that's just how i like to play

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 7th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Gengar's Shadow

I like to keep my Pokemon close in level. Usually within 5 levels of each other.
Old May 9th, 2013, 10:12 AM
The Doctor
I've got new kidneys!
Community Supporter

Location: The planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous
Nature: Adamant
I try to keep my pokemon around the same level for each gym fight.

IGN: Adam
Old May 9th, 2013, 10:25 AM
ANARCHit3cht

Just recently, this has become a pretty bad habit of mine. I can't go to the next city without all my Pokemon being the same level! At least... not easily. I have to consciously tell myself at times that grinding the last few levels would take far too long and to just move on--if that doesn't happen, I usually start to play less and less while I grind until I get to the necessary levels. It honestly gets pretty bad sometimes to where I get all the EXP bars to the same relative length. It is kind of funny, if you think about it... because this is a total 360 from when I first started playing.

When I first started playing, I was horrible at leveling up my team. I pretty much only battled my starter and maybe one other Pokemon. Hell, why not?? Your starter is generally your strongest unless you neglect it, so that was my reasoning. Why would I use a weaker pokemon that will barely be able to win when I can just send out my starter and kick ass in two seconds flat? I wasn't able to see it then... but the answer is because by the time I get to the E4, I'm gonna get womped on because I only have one Pokemon--not counting any legendaries that I just caught-- that can stand up to theirs which usually involves me then using a copious amount of Max Revives and Full Restores. or Heals or what have you.
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:14 AM
R.F.
Badass Overlord

In the past I've only used one Pokemon to run through every Pokemon game. After I'd finished the game, I took my time to begin training other Pokemon.

Nowadays I normally try to train them on the same level as often as I can, but mostly if I ran into trouble (enemies to strong). Also it often depends on which Pokemon I have on my team and if there's another one later on in the game I want on my team.
Old May 10th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Asuna_Yuuki

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Asuna_Yuuki
I used to not do this a few years back. I always had my starter way stronger than every other Pokémon. I realized this had to change when I played Emerald and my Swampert was over 25 levels ahead of everyone else. I didn't have the patience to catch everyone up so I restarted my game and since then I always try to keep them at about the same level. It can vary 2-3 levels, though.
Old May 10th, 2013, 05:09 AM
awolfsquared
I like to do 'Garfield Mondays'
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
No not really, but sort of. I try to keep all of my Pokemon either at the same level or only a few levels apart from each other. Usually all of my Pokemon are only 1-3 levels apart from each. As a kid, I'd only train one Pokemon on my team. Now I realize that is a pretty unfair disadvantage cause other Pokemon don't get training and the game becomes way too easy with a Pokemon 20+ levels higher than other trainers' Pokemon. Also cause I had only one strong Pokemon to beat the E4 with, I wouldn't win against them so easily. So I try to keep my team at the same level or a few levels apart for gym leaders and E4.

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old May 10th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Yukari Yakumo
necrofantasia
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yukari Yakumo
Well, usually the most effective team member's the highest level, anything beyond that, and it's usually my starter. I usually keep them 1-2 levels apart maybe, just so they aren't too weak, but aren't overpowered, as to make the game a bit of a challenge.
fc | fs
pairs
family
credit
theme
Old May 10th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
I absolutely do this, otherwise I'd have under leveled Pokemon that would have to be grinded up by the time I got to the league, not to mention it would just feel weird.

I generally level up each Pokemon up one level, and then switch out until everyone's at that level, and then go back to the first, unless a Pokemon is two or three levels away from evolution.
Old May 10th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Xevatiz
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Lonely
I always do that, but that's little easier for me, because I usually have 3 Pokemons in my party so that's not big problem. For example, when Raticate level up to 32, my Fearow and Beedrill have 31 then I often switch Raticate and train Fearow and Beedrill to 32. I always start Pokemon League with same levels around 70-80.
Old May 10th, 2013, 01:37 PM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
I absolutely do this. Usually at points in the game where it might take slightly longer from one Gym Leader to the next (ie. in GS/HGSS, after beating Morty I usually do the Lighthouse business and battle everyone on the Sea Route on the way to Cianwood, which.. well, that's plenty of trainers!). By the time I reach Chuck I like to have everything in my team at least level 30, and if at all possible everything at the same level.

I also try to have this for the League, but if I've been playing long enough I normally settle with them all being within about 3 levels of each other :P

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old May 14th, 2013, 07:05 AM
deftrance
Unhatched Egg

I tend to do this, as well. Typically, unless I am in an area where one Pokemon specifically shines (I.E. Fighting or Grass or Water inside caves, etc.), I'll rotate pokemon in my team, putting my highest level in my last spot and my lowest in first. I'll switch out to type-effectiveness and split the exp.
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Pokegeddon

I always rotate my pokemon so that when one levels up, I switch it in for the enxt one, and give the lucky egg to them so as to make training easier. I usually keep it in a specific order, but if the pokemon is badly outmatched by one then I'll put in another. i often do this past the point of wisdom such as sending up my vaniluxe against fighting types just to stay in order.

I will break this routine for the elite four/gym battles though where i just want to win.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here