The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Events & Groups

Notices

Events & Groups Want to join or set up a tournament? You're in the right place! Here you can find competitions and events as well as clans and other groups.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed. Posts in this forum do not add to your total post count. Four-word rule and character-limit do not apply here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 16th, 2013, 03:06 PM
wolf

Please make teams ahead of time for the tournaments you're interested in!

What is a Community Day?

Community Day is a get-together that's held on the PC Battle Server all day (but it's not exclusive to battling). Tournaments are a mainstay in Community Day, while other activities such as mafia, diplomacy, and the like can be hosted during CD as well. Basically, Community Day is just about having fun battling and chatting while the server is at its peak of activity. If you would like, you may suggest other activities in this thread that we can do during Community Day. Also, keep in mind that Community Day is meant to be a very laid-back event, so really anyone can participate. There's no pressure on whether you win or lose in a tournament, or if you don't join one at all. We're all doing this to have a good time.

When is the upcoming Community Day?

Community Day starts at 8 AM (GMT -5 / EST) on Saturday, June 1st and ends at midnight. That is 8 AM in New York; 1 PM in England; 9 PM in Western Australia; 12 AM in eastern Australia; and 5 AM in California. Just so you know, you don't need to be there at the launch; Community Day lasts all day so that everyone can participate regardless of their time zone.

How do I sign up?

There's no signing up required. All you have to do is show up on the PC Battle Server during the times we have listed in this thread. You might want to prepare teams for each tournament you plan on joining though. The tournament themes will be listed in this thread for that reason. Additionally, if you were online during this Community Day, you will receive the bronze emblem below. You can also get the silver or gold emblems if you've already participated in one or two Community Days, respectively.

What are the tournament rules, themes, and schedule?

All you have to do is follow BC's General Battle Rules. The ban lists for the tournament themes below can be found here. All tournaments are "Best of One" (participants battle each other once to determine a match-up) unless stated otherwise. Don't know what tiers are or need usage statistics? Use our Guides & Resources.

PC Battle Server themes
1. Summer-themed OU (Sun permanently starts at the beginning of each battle (you don't need to use Ninetales or Sunny Day on your team; the sun starts automatically). The abilities Drizzle, Snow Warning, and Sand Stream are banned, but the moves with similar effects are not. All Ice-type Pokémon are banned, including dual types.)
2. NU (moveset analyses)
3. May Mayhem (Seasonal) (Read this article for more information.)
4. Singles or Doubles Random Battle (randomly generated teams)
5. Random Battle 1-vs-1 (randomly generated teams)
6. High, Medium, or Low Tier Random Battle (randomly generated teams)
7. OU (standard) (moveset analyses)
8. UU (moveset analyses)
9. RU (moveset analyses)
10. LC (Read this guide for more information.) (moveset analyses)
...then repeat

Wi-Fi themes
There will not be any Wi-Fi tournaments unless there's enough people that want them.

We will go from the first theme listed and make our way down. The Wi-Fi tournaments will most likely run at the same time as the server tournaments. The orders may change during Community Day, but it's not likely. There is also a chance that we'll use other themes if there's a demand for them.

Last edited by wolf; June 1st, 2013 at 04:00 AM.
Old April 16th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
Yay, another commday!

Wait June 1? :3 I wish it could be sooner xD

Anyways I'm looking forward to the commday.
Old April 16th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Castform
Raise your what!?

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
LOTS AND LOTS OF 1 VS 1 RANDBATS! Maybe also have a summer themed tourney?
Old April 16th, 2013, 03:13 PM
wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellicentfan1 View Post
LOTS AND LOTS OF 1 VS 1 RANDBATS! Maybe also have a summer themed tourney?
I agree! I say we remove PU because it was the only metagame that wasn't very popular last time, and replace it with Tiered Randbats. Then add Randbats 1v1 to the list and we'll have 10 themes.
Old April 16th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Definitely agree on a summer tournament. Maybe no Ice types allowed, plus other things I can think of right now XD
Old April 16th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Castform
Raise your what!?

I definitely agree remove PU as to last time we only had 3 people have a team ready.

As for the Summer tourney I would say no Ice types as Jake mentioned.
Old April 16th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
YAY! Another CommDay! I'm definitely on this. I didn't even know what PU was. Summer Themed? No Ice as the others suggested and add Randbatts 1v1. Those became popular.

no, you gotta get it inside
you push it back down, you push it back down

Old April 16th, 2013, 04:00 PM
wolf

I could whip up a format identical to OU, but with sun permanently starting from the beginning of every battle. Then ban Drizzle, Snow Warning, and Sand Stream. That would likely change up the metagame enough to not require any further changes (except the ban on Ice-types?).
Old April 16th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Aslan
the pretender

Nature: Relaxed
WOO COMMDAY 10

I can't wait for the tenth Commday, I'm sure it'll be a blast! 1 vs 1 Randbats are certainly popular and it is my favourite metagame so bring it on! :]

i'd rather be anything but ordinary, please.
Old April 16th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNathan View Post
YAY! Another CommDay! I'm definitely on this. I didn't even know what PU was. Summer Themed? No Ice as the others suggested and add Randbatts 1v1. Those became popular.
Yeah 1v1 Randbats are awesome I'm beginning to like it very much. :3

No Ice pokemon should be good as well since it's summer. Maybe just Grass, Water, Fire, Ground, and Flying :3
Old April 16th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Castform
Raise your what!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowraze View Post
Yeah 1v1 Randbats are awesome I'm beginning to like it very much. :3

No Ice pokemon should be good as well since it's summer. Maybe just Grass, Water, Fire, Ground, and Flying :3

I dont think there is a need to limit the types other than ban Ice because really anything can fall into "summer" such as bugs(I see you left out Bug type) and stuff.
Old April 16th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Isaac
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
OMGOMGOMGOMG COMM DAY 10!!! But June 1st? ;; thats going to be long :c

I suggest remove PU (cos PU isnt that popular) and put randbats 1v1 in the place. Well thats all from me, summer themed ? The one you cant use Ice Types? OK.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old April 16th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

YAY COMMUNITY DAY 10 :3

hope we have more users than we did the last time! :3
Old April 16th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Starry Windy
Keep smiling yo~
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Starry Windy
Another Community Day?
I hope this will turned out great like the last time that I've attended.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old April 16th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Hikamaru
it's too cold for you here
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'm definitely going to attend again cos well this will be my third Community Day and I will be sure to get that Gold Community Day emblem!

The 1v1 Randbats are something I should try out since I battle Randbats a lot.

Paired with AWsquared, Isaac and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old April 18th, 2013, 12:50 PM
wolf

The tournament themes have been confirmed, but are still up for change.
Old April 27th, 2013, 07:35 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
While they've been confirmed, I'd love to have a doubles tourney! (I'll say NU doubles so Nica will support me B])
Old May 26th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Spade
I am the deity you call "God".

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Spade
"I see. Alright then. Time to prove my worth in this tournament!"

This looks pretty fun. I'm glad I'm able to participate in it. Well, hopefully. I'm really into this kind of thing, and it seems like a good way to meet other members. Count me in.

"Shut your Meowth, you ain't matchin what I'm earnin. Evolve all you want, ya still a *****, Persian. Czars of bars, toss ya'll beyond Mars and stars, I start the car and the engine roar like Charizard."

"Understand that I'm Mew, the original one, Snorlax, sleepin on ya, my style weighin a ton. Bars hard as an Onix, honestly you know, I'm fly and I'm cold as **** like Articuno."
Old May 26th, 2013, 10:38 PM
rebelxgirl

Nature: Timid
June 1st is our ice cream social at the fire house so I'm pretty well booked from 8am until at least 5pmish or so. Not sure how long clean up will be but maybe I can participate when we get done.

School & stuff is eating away at my life. PM me if you're interested in trading.

I have a Rock type Friend Safari with Boldore, Corsola, & Barbacle. PM me to trade FCs.

Working on my Vivillon collection. Need: Sandstorm, Monsoon, & Savanna
Offering: High Plains (3), Polar (1), Continental (1), Marine (1), & (3) Elegant & unlimited [native] Modern, + all the starters. I have Pokerus if you need it.

I sincerely apologize to anyone I had a trade or something set up with. I got really bad sick in the middle of midterms so when I got better I had to bust butt for school. Please forgive me.
Old May 27th, 2013, 01:56 AM
Zaizen
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Gentle
A community day I don't know how a feel about since its my first one and I don't know what to do sadly

P.S. anyone wanna fill me up on the details?

My Trainer Card
Old May 27th, 2013, 02:00 AM
Hikamaru
it's too cold for you here
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaizen View Post
A community day I don't know how a feel about since its my first one and I don't know what to do sadly

P.S. anyone wanna fill me up on the details?
Well, Community Day is an event hosted on the official PokeCommunity Pokemon Showdown server. You can either take part in the many battling tournaments there, or just participate in the chat. And everyone who attends will receive an emblem for participation.

Definitely come to the server because it's a very fun event indeed!

Paired with AWsquared, Isaac and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old May 27th, 2013, 07:24 AM
rhettz_emboar
Did you just pee??

Yikee!
This sounds exciting!
Cant wait!

---------------------

I hate people like you..
[/SIZE]
Old May 27th, 2013, 04:01 PM
zoroarkrules25

Sounds like a cool event, I'll definitely show up to complete. I have just put together a pretty powerful team, that i would like to try out. The hackers on random matchup are a bit annoying to deal with at times.
Old May 27th, 2013, 06:19 PM
.Aero
Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
So I was told to suggest this as a possible event because why not.

There is a game by Valve called DotA 2 which is currently in beta. For those of you familiar with the game Warcraft 3, DotA (Defense of the Ancients) was a mod for Warcraft 3. DotA 2 is Valve's recreation / update of the game and is available on Steam for those of you with access to the beta. If you don't have beta access, just ask me (PM / VM / Showdown Server) and I can get you an invite seeing as I have about 30.

Anyway, we can organize some DotA 2 type event. My suggestions for a DotA 2 event include a game called Pudge Wars. A hero named Pudge uses a meat hook in order to pull enemies toward him, and then proceeds to eat them dealing a bunch of damage. A gametype was added to DotA 2 that allows the same hero to be picked multiple times, and therefore Pudge Wars are available. Everyone picks pudge and you battle it out at middle lane until two towers are taken on either side. It's actually a lot of fun.

Alternatively, if we can for sure get at least 10 people online at the same time, we could play a custom game 5v5. It's just a normal dota match except it'll be 100% friendly since the stats from the game don't count. I highly advise against playing an actual 5 man stack match online since it could lead to friends fighting (even if temporary, it's never a fun time).

So, let me know what you think. Take a look at some videos of the game if you're not familiar with it. It's quite fun. :]
Old May 27th, 2013, 11:26 PM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
I haven't been to a community day in a while so I might join this one! I never seem to be on while it's happening though but I'll try to!

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links