• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Okay. After reading vast articles from wikipedia (all about greek mythology) I think we have more than enough mythological beings. So after we have decided what myths to use maybe we could think about what animals to use as a base for the pokemon? Should we use animals native to greece etc?

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
It doesn't matter as the other regions do not have pokemon that are native to them so just go for whatever animals I guess. Not all have to be based on Greek mythology

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Allright.
Some names for the rabbit starter. Everybody choose their favourites.
Firny, Bunre, Rabfire, Firebit, Flamebit, Bunfire, Heatny, Bunflame, Bunflare, Flareny, Flarebbit, Flabbit, Frabbit, Burbit, Burnhare, Flarehare, Hareflame, Bunsplose Hareslode, Rafoie
Ill make more later of course.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Just to keep you informed, I'm still working on the water starter. :)

We have a name for this guy yet? Or any reference I can use? Because I'm drawing it classic Sugimori style and with all this talk of Greek mythology, I'm not certain if unrealistic is the route you want to take here.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
Yeah We do it's gonna be called Trossling. Just draw it as an albatross. The greek mythology stuff are just ideas

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Alexial you could draw it as a small albatross. Imagine an albatross chick/cub/baby whose only dream is to fly but cant yet. That should be quite inspiring vision. Colorpallet (if I may be so bold to suggest) would be white and blue/darkblue.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
I would love to help, too! Maybe this can help me get rid of my artist's block...

Maybe you can do a Fire Starter based on the Sphinx.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Alexial you could draw it as a small albatross. Imagine an albatross chick/cub/baby whose only dream is to fly but cant yet. That should be quite inspiring vision. Colorpallet (if I may be so bold to suggest) would be white and blue/darkblue.

Sounds good! I'll get right on it. :)

Years
So here's a simple sketch I did for the fire bunny starter:
yXEc4m6.png

I kind of based it on that "looks can be deceiving" thing, where its cute but kind of evil haha. ANd then it can evolve into an evil fire/dark bunny later. :P

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Gloruk and Alexial:
Both of your sketches look great! :D Its great to have someone with such talents here. Hmm. I think I should start making Sprites for them soon.
I like the fire tail in thhat bunny you draw Golurk.
Also that long feather on Trosslings head is a great idea Alexial. :D
Oshamaru: It doesnt have to relate to Greece at all. :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
I will post the grass starter tomorrow or 2 nite probably :) Hope u gonna like it. The others are amazing I love them.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
That final form looks so badass! So awesome. Although the second form is little...bland...in my opinion. Hmm. If I can suggest things then consider this...maybe you could make it stand on 2 feet? Not maybe completely but atleast so that it doesnt look like the first form but only bigger. But other than that they seem great. Ill start making names then. :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
Okay I will change the second form to something a bit more exciting :) was thinking seeing as hornevine is the 2nd evos name think of something to do with spikes for the first and something to do with tomahawks for the last.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Very cool grass starter you got there. n_n;

So, what direction should I go in for the second stage water evolution? Just a bigger albatross? Any special characteristics you'd like to see or should I just go for it?

Also, Golurk, are you going to be doing the entire evolutionary line for the fire starter? Cause I'd love to see where that sketch is going.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Spikezard, Spinezard, Spinke, Spiketile, Spiguan, Needlezard, Tipguan, Tipzard, Tipcko, Bladezard, Bladespine, Bladecko, Bladetile, Bladeguan, Thawkraptor, Axezard, Axerex, Hawkrex, Hackzard. Those are the first ones I came up with. Tomahawk? There Isnt much foing with blades with the 3rd evolution? Maybe an Battle Axe tail would solve that? (basicly T-hawk blades in the tail-tip) or as a head horn.
Oh yeah I tried to make a sprite for Trossling today...ehh...im getting rusty at spriting. Ill maybe upload it when its "ready". (read: when im not ashamed of it) Then Ill start creating more names and pokedex entries.

Very cool grass starter you got there. n_n;

So, what direction should I go in for the second stage water evolution? Just a bigger albatross? Any special characteristics you'd like to see or should I just go for it?

Also, Golurk, are you going to be doing the entire evolutionary line for the fire starter? Cause I'd love to see where that sketch is going.

Make the second evolution a sort of more noble looking albatross. Imagine an albayross but with the elegance of an swellow/honchcrow. :D Haha. I realy loved the head thingy! (feather) You should keep that. The second form should look like its able to fly but not for too long. :) I hope this helps. Also the eylimer was great. But you could draw under that black eyline a yellow one also. Or se other colour to add...colour.
(I have no idea what Im saying anymore)

Last edited:
Back