Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 7th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold

Advertise here
The purpose of this thread is clearly explained in the first post. We are watching one random episode per week and using that week to discuss it. You are welcome to join us this week by watching The Bicker the Better and posting with your thoughts on the episode.
R & R

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old April 13th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
OKAY SO LIKE necrum and i watched it together and both wanted to gag because that couple was sooo lovey. :( Um I don't have any collective cohesive thoughts, so I'm just gonna bullet them.

- That couple was creepy and disgusting
- Nidoking and Nidoqueen sounded like...the exact same
- Speaking of sounding the same, who sounds more feminine? May or Ash?
- lol @ Ash if he thinks Assist can be perfected
- I love how when they fight Team Rocket, Ash and May get like waaay cutesy friendly
- Ice sculpture lmao
- Pikachu is as loud and obnoxious as I remember. My sister, who wasn't even watching, yelled, "GOD SHUT UP PIKACHU"

I think that's all I got for now. n___n

paired to crono
Old April 13th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

<3

i liveblogged it bc that's what i do
Spoiler:
- why does the narrator sound so stiff??
- Ash is angry for no reason today
- omg May being horrified that Ash doesn't check his appearance
- THIS DREAM <333
- I love AG so much guys ;;
- love accusations haha
- also why are these people are crazy and dressed inappropriately for travelling
- aw all fighting forgotten in the name of battle
- i forgot the 'dex was female in this gen haha
- AND ASH IS SMART IN THIS GEN
- KIND OF
- AND THE MUSIC IS REALLY GOOD
- these people omg
- hahahaha which ones are they calling a couple?
- no but do these two just wander around looking for people to obnoxiously demonstrate their love?
- oh I forgot the AG habit of face bubbles haha
- Brock sounds enthusiastic lmao
- cheaaaating
- hahahaha Wobbuffet <3
- it's become chaos
- WOBBUFFET
- how in the world did they just interpret what Meowth was on about
- did Ash do that on purpose to force the motto? omg that would be good why doesn't he do that
- omg omg Ash and May's tones right after string shot that was the cutest
- CUTE MAKE-UP SCENE
- CUTE
- AW
- I'M NOT AN ADVANCESHIPPER I SWEAR

so let's not even comment on the shallow misogyny because it's certainly balanced out by the shallow misandry okay? ok. and yeah Oscar and Andi were the most gag-inducing people I've had to watch in a while lmao. That was a fun episode. I mean nothing happened really but still really fun. I like when Rockets team up with twerps and also I hadn't really realized I missed their usual behaviour this much. :(

[also suggest something to watch next week guys! The Bicker the Better discussion ends today! unless you think the schedule should switch to Monday through Sunday idk also vote on that]
R & R

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection

Last edited by Anna; April 13th, 2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old April 13th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

I KNEW I forgot something. I loved when Wobbuffet was imitating Brock. Highlight of the episode lmao.

paired to crono
Old April 13th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Wobbuffet is the best omg. <3 I miss him ;; Actually this episode just reminds me of how much I adore AG in general and I should go watch more of it aaaa why don't I have more AG on the list I need to update that
R & R

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old April 13th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Necrum
The box. You opened it. We came.

Nature: Adamant
Wobbuffet was the best. Overall the episode seemed like it was over really fast. there really wasn't all that much to it in terms of content. Sorry for not posting better or sooner, last week of work and all. Also, for next week how about...

Scare At Litwick Mansion! I honestly have no clue what the episode is actually about, but the title sounds promising so Wynaut?
Pinhead
Moderator of Pain
Paired with Orianna

Challenges
Carnival of Horrors
Monotype Challenge
Ones That Got Away

Trade Info
1435-4289-9306
TRT DB Shuppet!
Old April 13th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

You're quite right; it did seem very rushed. There was little buildup to either pair's arguments and it was kind of a chaotic one-thing-after-another style of thing.

Also Scare at Litwick Mansion is really really good and I approve of your randomized choosing. <3 what about a schedule change tho? Would Mon-Sun work better than Sun-Sat?
R & R

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old April 14th, 2013, 02:03 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I too felt like the episode went really quickly. Oscar and Andi were annoying to listen to, but that was made up for by the arguing. OMG and I loved Wobbuffet too, I love how he can be hilarious with any character.
Old April 14th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Consensus: Wobbuffet is great.

Okay guys the week's over! Well, the week and a day. It's been decided that a Monday through Sunday schedule would work better than a Sunday through Saturday, so from now on that's what our weeks will be. That said, we're done with The Bicker The Better. Additional reviews, replies, comments, questions, etc can go right into the AG & BF Discussion Thread. Remember that the 30-day rule is not applicable in Episode Discussion so don't worry about that year-ago last post lol.

And now let's jump right into our next episode: Scare At The Litwick Mansion! There's the customary Bulba link for you. This is an early BW episode which involves Ash&co taking shelter from a storm in a mansion populated by Litwick. Also the TRio are around. We'll be watching this from April 15 to April 21. If you want to see what other people had to say about this episode, the original speculation/Japanese episode thread is here and the review thread proper is here.
R & R

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old April 18th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Sheep

I am so sorry for not having posted here for a while! I got carried away with other things plus modding that I just forgot to watch the episode, siiigh. But yay, this week's episode is another favorite! :D

Ahaha, my favorite part.. Dent's scream. Oh that was just so perfect. Not sure how it was done in the dub though since I don't watch that, but it couldn't have been bad since he has a good English VA. Hitomoshi's little "moshi moshi" was just so darn cute.

Awesome art and anim too! <3

rockin' | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old April 18th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Aw aw it's okayyy you're back for one of the best episodes ever anyway <33

So yeah this episode is just really cool. I'm not gonna bother liveblogging it because I've seen it many times over and have liveblogged it over on tumblr. I really really like that this episode had some really funny bits and was overall very entertaining but the climax was actually really scary and the implications throughout were just like... whoa.
It still gets me that Ash kept his promise to walk on his hands for Iris if it rained hahaha. And yeah Cilan's shriek will never not be funny omg. Watching the TRio slowly die is always always nerve-wracking and idk that's not the right word but gosh. Of course the Hitomoshi legit trying to murder everyone is really scary even though they were adorable before and augh. I love this episode okay. It's super intense no matter how many times I see it.

I should probably mention that I watch any BW episode in Japanese and all the others in English dub haha.
R & R

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old April 19th, 2013, 11:00 PM
zdude18
Lone Wolf

Nature: Relaxed
ok i just watched this episode and it was legitamately the only time i was scared while watching pokemon. the whole draining life energy thing was kinda freaky but at least cilan's screaming made for some comic relief (its hilarious). also this seemed like one of the only episodes ive seen where the pokemon featured were inherently evil. i can remember similar ghost pokemon episodes like dusknoir saving ash and angie, ghastly evo group playing with ash, and others where the ghost pokemon were just misunderstood but this one displayed them as almost killing people. sheesh.
"No need to worry!" -- Dawn
SoulSilver: 4256 2377 0912
Platinum: 3483 1978 7658
White 2: 3397 3474 0556
Old April 20th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Right?! A lot of times it seems like the anime makes the scary ghost Pokémon friendlier to endear them to the audience or something but this time they took an evo line featuring a cutie and some non-scary-looking guys and made them straight up evil and wow it was cool. :D
R & R

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:18 PM
Necrum

Ghosts always seem interesting. I'm glad they followed the Pokedex with these ones, cuz sometimes the anime can get kinda sketchy with the liberties.

It was definitely a good episode. This is the first time I have seen Yamask, or Deathmas if you prefer, in the anime, and I friggin loved him! While the episode as a whole was certainly good, I felt the climax was a little bit on the awkward side. From what I could tell, they used a flurry of attacks that failed. Then, they decide to work together. Awesome, right? Except they do the exact same flurry of attacks in exactly the same manner, and somehow it works now. The only difference between the first set of attacks and the second was that Pikachu added in an Electro Ball, which they should have done from the start considering how slow Litwick are.

But I certainly enjoyed myself. I believe Anna gave me say on this weeks episode for my birthday (which so far isn't any different than things have been, lol), so I pick...

EP002: Pokemon Emergency!

If any of you have been paying attention to me, you'll know that I'm a huge TRio nerd. This is the first episode that the Team Rocket Trio appears.
Pinhead
Moderator of Pain
Paired with Orianna

Challenges
Carnival of Horrors
Monotype Challenge
Ones That Got Away

Trade Info
1435-4289-9306
TRT DB Shuppet!
Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:44 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Yeah I do agree with you about the final attack, but I think that does match the Unova tradition of having being kinda lackluster in the battle creativity department.

Okay so week's over (yeah I'm a bit late shush). If you have anything else to say about this week's episode, head on over to the "Scare At The Litwick Mansion" Review Thread! And now we're going old-school with the second episode ever: Pokémon Emergency! There's the Bulba link. This episode features Ash reaching Viridian City and the first appearance of Jessie, James, and Meowth. Happy nostalgia times, everyone~
R & R

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old April 22nd, 2013, 05:06 PM
Sheep

Oh man all the nostalgia. ;~; Love this episode!

What seemed odd to me was how happy Jenny was while announcing they have reports of suspicious people around. Like.. that's not something you should smile over, lady! Guess she just really likes her job though, haha. Of course there's also that hilarious scene where Jenny just zooms into the Pokemon Center on her bicycle and I couldn't help but laugh when rewatching.

Team Rocket was so cool here until they got their behinds handed to them. "That Pikachu is no ordinary Pikachu!" "It's certainly very rare, a perfect prize." "Let's catch it!" and so that marks the start of their extremely long saga of trying and failing.

rockin' | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old April 25th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

so i liveblogged it

Spoiler:
- wah old theme song is lovely
- holy man ash's voice
- the narrator is ridic dramatic wow
- man Pikachu was fat
- Jenny just randomly tries to grab a beat-up kid rlly
- and he doesn't look anything like the suspects i mean really
- dexter was so sassy <33
- MISTY AND HER MESSED UP BIKE <33
- tryna think who jessie sounds like...
- meowth's voice...
- "We HAVE a driveway, you know." omg Joy
- I bet Jenny does that all the time
- I ship it
- shiny pidgey???
- I love Delia~
- and she totally hung up on ash before he finished talking haha
- Ash don't just answer people's phones
- this whole conversation with Oak is ridic
- mistyyyy
- this has turned into a hospital drama
- that contraption just looks a mess
- team roooooocket!
- "not interested in pikachu" oh the days past
- pika power omfg why is this hilarious
- misty why didn't you do this in the first place
- rlly goldeen
- what why did she even take it out
- i don't get this show
- pika powahhhhhhhh
- i like that you can attach electric pokemon to a generator and supercharge them
- well that's a good second day for ash, blowing up a pokemon centre
- dramatic cliffhanger: ash stares down a caterpillar
- even the narrator can't come up with anything
- i love episodes what are old as balls

I loved this episode because wow weird crap everywhere. So you have a cop cheerfully announcing there are criminals about, then trying to arrest a beaten-up child and small fat rat. You've got the same cop doing motorcycle tricks for no reason and parking in the middle of the lobby of the Pokémon centre, where the nurse tells her off and implies she does it a lot. And then the entire conversation with Professor Oak was like... are you high...? Then the procedure on Pikachu involved sticking a lightbulb to his head and seemingly nothing else. Some criminals show up for no reason. They literally do not have a reason to be at that Pokémon centre. Misty stalls them by showing them a Goldeen. Ash blows up the centre by charging up Pikachu with a bike that looks like it shouldn't move at all, let alone produce that much electricity. Nobody seems to care much. ?????!

Early-instalment weirdness at its finest, yo. Enjoyable as hell though.
R & R

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old April 28th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Necrum

What a fun episode! Sure, it had it's quirks, like most Pokemon episodes, but certainly the show would have been great if it had stayed more like this. Team Rocket was phenomenal, presented as true villains, something they wouldn't be again for a long time.

I don't know if it was just me, but Joy came off as kind of a b**h when she told Ash off. She really had no idea what happened, and considering her position and the world they live in, she should be expecting stuff like that all the time! Also, Misty pretty much contradicts herself completely. Something around these lines:

Misty: "Fix my bike!"
Ash: "I'll do it as soon as I can."
Misty: "I want it now! But let's wait until after Pikachu is alright"

Dafuq, Misty? I have to say though, this was probably my least favorite presentation of Meowth. All that talk about being the top cat really distracted from the TRio's presence as villains, and kinda took away from the episode.

But over all, I really enjoyed myself, and it was nice to see something so friggin old.

Also, you can totally see under Jessie's skirt on the balloon!
Pinhead
Moderator of Pain
Paired with Orianna

Challenges
Carnival of Horrors
Monotype Challenge
Ones That Got Away

Trade Info
1435-4289-9306
TRT DB Shuppet!
Old April 28th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Yeah Joy was unnecessarily judgemental right there. Much less humble and more Pokémon-focused than she eventually turned out to be. And Misty was totes all over the place lol.

So that's the end of Pokémon Emergency! Was fun to see something old as balls haha. If you want to say anything else about it, you can hop on over to the Original Series Discussion Thread. Seriously guys, you can totally talk over there, even though it looks old and dusty. I'll come chat with you if you do so don't worry about just posting awkwardly. <3 I read every single new post in this forum you know. that's really sad i know shut up

Anyway. It was Janna's birthday yesterday and she wanted something light & fun from Hoenn so we're going to be watching What You Seed Is What You Get! There's the Bulba link, beware of spoilers. Kind of early AG, involves Treeko and watermelons. If you've seen the episode you will remember it just from that. If not, well, go watch! We'll be talking about this one till May 5th~
R & R

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection

Last edited by Anna; April 29th, 2013 at 07:05 PM. Reason: bold bold bold
Old April 29th, 2013, 05:00 AM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Well this is my first involvement with this thread

I liked the episode, seeing Ash's Pokemon learn new moves are always a nice thing to see. It also showed how a simple move like Bullet Seed needs practice to master it. I also loved the part when Meowth was explaining to Jesse & James how they would get promoted by Giovanni if they stole those watermelons and then they started dancing and Electrode was just looking at them like 'uhhh.. what?' haha.

I was surprised to see Slugma beat Corphish even tho he had a type advantage, it's probably because of all the beating it took while he used Harden. But it was a good match for Treecko to learn from nonetheless
♥Plusle bro of Autumn Reverie♥ | ♥Pink Mommy, Autumn Reverie, Kanzler, Macarous & Apollo♥
|3DS FC|
Old April 29th, 2013, 06:34 PM
zdude18
Lone Wolf

hey anna what is the episode for this week?
White 2: 3397 3474 0556
Old April 29th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

The episode of the week is What You Seed Is What You Get, as was said a few posts up. It's also listed on the first post under "currently watching".
R & R

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old April 30th, 2013, 01:39 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
I think I am forgetting about the events in the episode. Can anyone help a bit?
Old May 1st, 2013, 10:32 AM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

You go find and watch the episode bro. Then you come back and comment on it. That's the whole point of the thread.
R & R

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old May 1st, 2013, 04:38 PM
zdude18
Lone Wolf

bullet seed from literally spitting watermelon seeds? that is all