The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Hack save routine for extra saveable space? Would break compatibility with flashcarts
Yes 16 21.05%
Yes - But have 2 patches. 1 with, 1 without. 56 73.68%
No 4 5.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 12th, 2013 (12:09 PM). Edited March 12th, 2013 by TweenyTodd.
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyndyll View Post
I was just about to ask this! How about giratina? Would we just give it the gisreous orb and it change forme?
Yes, but not in battle sprite. Also, you have to get in battle before it changes sprites in the party menu.

In other news, my game is glitching out. When a new poke like Dialga or Giratina is in my party, my game freezes in wild battle.
Old March 14th, 2013 (09:37 PM).
hackstar
Check it out!!

Nature: Bashful
anyway,where are you getting the patch because he remove the download link.
Old March 15th, 2013 (04:02 AM).
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackstar View Post
anyway,where are you getting the patch because he remove the download link.
No I didn't. Well, yes I did, but I removed the link to an old outdated version because people were reporting fixed bugs from it.

Look in my post for "Live Beta", you'll find the latest version there.
Old March 18th, 2013 (05:44 PM).
dkp
Unhatched Egg

Note: Somehow I posted the following in the wrong thread, so maybe one should do as the end puts forth. In my defense; same thread author, same forum, same subform, more tabs open than I care to admit. Regardless, I'm an idiot.

If I may ask, how did you implement the B/W experience system? It doesn't seem like you simply changed the equation. I don't see anyone else credited to its creation, so did you write it? If so, even from the little I've seen, good job. I can't seem to find it it through searching otherwise however.

If you made it and are willing to share, do you still have the ASM and relavent offsets to change lying about? If you didn't, do you happen to know where I can find the maker's "showcase" thread or at least the makers name? Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to go and bother them or to bother anyone. Just search the archives.

For public or personal reasons, this alone seems like a rather wonderful feature. For personal reasons, even if it's a little broken, it seems nice just to play through FR with this istalled.

If I'm one of the million self-centered hackers pesturing you with stupid questions, though, feel free to ignore me. Of course, if I'm an idiot who can't figure out the search feature feel even freer to. Thanks for reading this far, if you did.
Hey! If you're a tool maker or you have a resource to contribute, but you're not up to trying to make a guide, I'll be happy to try and write one up for you if you want. All I need is a pm and the offsets.
Old March 25th, 2013 (11:59 PM).
Shiny Hilbert

Nature: Jolly
Bro do you have a estimate time to complete this?
Old March 28th, 2013 (02:29 PM).
lowkey1202
Unofficial Game Tester

sometime before 2014 if your lucky
Old April 5th, 2013 (05:18 AM).
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

Nature: Sassy
Is Jambo still working on this? I really want to use this...
Old April 8th, 2013 (08:54 AM).
random-man

Jambo's status "thinking about quitting" disturbs me a lot. This is probably the greatest thing to ever happen to the Pokemon hacking community, and to imagine it unfinished is truely a tragedy. I REALLY hope he decides to complete the project
Old April 8th, 2013 (04:18 PM).
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by random-man View Post
Jambo's status "thinking about quitting" disturbs me a lot. This is probably the greatest thing to ever happen to the Pokemon hacking community, and to imagine it unfinished is truely a tragedy. I REALLY hope he decides to complete the project
Even if he does decide to quit, which is his personal choice, we can't decide how he lives his life and if he really isn't into it anymore, we shouldn't force him to stay. I love Jambo, and he is a great guy, but if it is his time to leave, then he should.

However, when he announced that he was thinking about it on RHO social, he immediately asked for volunteers to finish his projects in his absence, should he leave. I will personally guarantee, that if he does leave, that this project will be finished.

I hope that that sets your mind at ease, and please, people, stop asking for a date. When it is done, it is done. Jambo refuses to respond to those posts, so don't even bother. Have a little respect and wait it out. You always have to wait for the best things in life.

Paired with Simba
Old April 9th, 2013 (08:48 AM).
random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
Even if he does decide to quit, which is his personal choice, we can't decide how he lives his life and if he really isn't into it anymore, we shouldn't force him to stay. I love Jambo, and he is a great guy, but if it is his time to leave, then he should.

However, when he announced that he was thinking about it on RHO social, he immediately asked for volunteers to finish his projects in his absence, should he leave. I will personally guarantee, that if he does leave, that this project will be finished.

I hope that that sets your mind at ease, and please, people, stop asking for a date. When it is done, it is done. Jambo refuses to respond to those posts, so don't even bother. Have a little respect and wait it out. You always have to wait for the best things in life.
That actually does make me feel much better, thank you for your swift reply. I didn't mean to make it sound like we should force him to stay if he's not that into it anymore, so I apologise if that is how I came across. My nightmare was that this would end up like all those other promising hacks that just end up buried in the depths of the internet for all eternity, so it's good to know that Jambo has such good friends who would be prepared to continue on with his work.

Btw, I saw a few of your sprites on Chaos Rush's thread, I just want to say nice job for those as well! Congratulations for making it onto his helpers list
Old April 9th, 2013 (01:41 PM).
PiplupGHacker
Keeping the dream alive.

Nature: Lonely
Sorry for being a total idiot, this is my first proper hack here (minus a couple idiot blunders when I was twelve or so) but is there any way to insert the Pokemon into the wild as of right now? (Like, via a tool or something - I'm a bit too stupid to redo headers and such myself, if that's even what the term is) AdvanceMap has 412 of them, but is missing quite a good amount (obviously xD) which I assume is because that's how many there are normally. So, is there a patch or ini for AdvanceMap or anything?
Old April 9th, 2013 (03:47 PM).
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiplupGHacker View Post
Sorry for being a total idiot, this is my first proper hack here (minus a couple idiot blunders when I was twelve or so) but is there any way to insert the Pokemon into the wild as of right now? (Like, via a tool or something - I'm a bit too stupid to redo headers and such myself, if that's even what the term is) AdvanceMap has 412 of them, but is missing quite a good amount (obviously xD) which I assume is because that's how many there are normally. So, is there a patch or ini for AdvanceMap or anything?
You will have to use a hex editor or a table editor like Nightmare. If you are new to rom hacking, these will be extremely difficult for you.

As of right now, this rom base is still in Alpha Testing. The only reason you should be using it is to test it out and see if it works. You are not allowed to use it in a hack until Jambo sees it fit and says it is completed.

Paired with Simba
Old April 14th, 2013 (10:33 PM).
dondon151

I skimmed the thread and didn't see any posts regarding this specific part of the patch:

Jambo, could you provide any insight regarding implementing the B/W experience gain formula? I didn't find any posts regarding this elsewhere in the forum and would like to know more about it, if you don't mind.
Old April 15th, 2013 (11:14 PM). Edited April 16th, 2013 by robin22gongon.
robin22gongon

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
If this is opened in PGE, should the Move Table and TM/HM Extension Hacks be ticked?

Also why does the images appear like this in Pokemon Editor?
Spoiler:

BTW when I took this screenshot, TM/HM and Move Table Hack was ticked.

And minor decapitalisation bugs, I don't know if these has been reported before but I thought I should let you know.
Spoiler:

Messed up tile

And why does the cancel Image in the bag a question mark like one for an unknown item? Shouldn't it be an arrow something?

It's so minor I don't even know if someone would care about it. I just thought I'd post it.

Another, the game crashes when you open the "NATIONAL DEX NUMERICAL" when you have a Tepig. (I made a givepokemon script to test it and a special 0x16F)
Old April 16th, 2013 (07:48 AM).
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
If this is opened in PGE, should the Move Table and TM/HM Extension Hacks be ticked?
Yes.

Quote:
And minor decapitalisation bugs, I don't know if these has been reported before but I thought I should let you know.
Spoiler:

Messed up tile
Cheers. I'll fix these.

Quote:
And why does the cancel Image in the bag a question mark like one for an unknown item? Shouldn't it be an arrow something?
I never changed it, or at least, I don't remember changing it. Do lemme know one way or the other.

Quote:
Another, the game crashes when you open the "NATIONAL DEX NUMERICAL" when you have a Tepig. (I made a givepokemon script to test it and a special 0x16F)
I shall try to replicate this and fix it at some stage. Could be a very simple bug, could be complicated. I'll try to find out.
Old April 16th, 2013 (04:18 PM).
robin22gongon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
Yes.
Okay thanks!

Quote:
Cheers. I'll fix these.
Almost every sentence that I've encountered up to Pewter (I just started testing) that has a first word that uses "O" as the second letter is always written like "NOw" etc.

Quote:
I never changed it, or at least, I don't remember changing it. Do lemme know one way or the other.
Here's a screenshot:

Quote:
I shall try to replicate this and fix it at some stage. Could be a very simple bug, could be complicated. I'll try to find out.
Well it doesn't crash if you view them by Habitat but if in NUMERICAL MODE: National, it will freeze and then crash.
Old April 17th, 2013 (12:08 AM).
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
I try this Patch... And I am impresed... I have for you 2 questions,
1. I can use your patch as a base of my Hack?
2. How map editor Should I use to add to grass extended than 386 pokemon?

POKEMON DIRTY SUN - Comming Soon.
Old April 17th, 2013 (02:11 AM).
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksiazek Bartlomiej View Post
I try this Patch... And I am impresed... I have for you 2 questions,
1. I can use your patch as a base of my Hack?
2. How map editor Should I use to add to grass extended than 386 pokemon?
Both of these have been answered many times:

1. He stated that this is a beta version, and he doesn't want people to use it as a base for any public hack yet until he states otherwise.

2. No map editor can add them in yet, you have to use a Hex Editor and do it manually.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old April 18th, 2013 (06:57 AM).
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
Keep it up Jambo.
As many others stated, this patch will be a boon to GBA hacking.
I hope the best that it gets completed soon.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old April 18th, 2013 (03:10 PM).
salianifo
Unhatched Egg

Would anyone have a script version of the decapitalization part of the patch? I'd like to de-shout my ROM. It's just using JPAN's base hack at the moment.
Old April 18th, 2013 (03:19 PM).
robin22gongon

Quote:
Originally Posted by salianifo View Post
Would anyone have a script version of the decapitalization part of the patch? I'd like to de-shout my ROM. It's just using JPAN's base hack at the moment.
Ask those kind of questions here:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7630389

Your question belongs to the Simple Questions thread. Don't post thing like that on a thread you just see. Explore Pokecommunity!

Have a good day!
Old April 18th, 2013 (03:33 PM).
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Okay thanks!

Almost every sentence that I've encountered up to Pewter (I just started testing) that has a first word that uses "O" as the second letter is always written like "NOw" etc.
To be fair, it isn't supposed to be a playable hack. It's meant to be a base for hacks to be based on. Granted, it's unfinished, which leads to some oddities.

Quote:
Here's a screenshot:
Just checked this, and it is indeed a minor bug.
Old April 21st, 2013 (03:00 AM).
qw13
Please do not read this text.

Nature: Hardy
I hope you finish it soon and congratulations for doing this hard kind of hack.

Kanto , Johto , Hoenn , Sinnoh , Unova

Colour the world :D
Old May 3rd, 2013 (02:16 AM).
­
Booted out - don't be like me!

Wow, this is a big step in hacking, good luck with this
Old May 19th, 2013 (06:34 AM).
Uzumaki Naruto Jr.
Champion

Nature: Timid
I am very impressed by this. This will soon be the base for all Hacks. o.o It is great, once it is completed, I will then try it out. =D So, I know this question was asked a lot, but Jambo, do you have any idea when you will have a stable version available. O.o And is this compatible with other rom bases.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links