The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old April 16th, 2013, 02:44 PM
GrayJM9
Playing White 2

Nature: Bold
I would say Pokemon Pearl
Old April 16th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Navy Blue
Artist

Nature: Modest
Pokemon Emerald, FTW.
xD I love Rayquaza and the story.

Good day.
Old April 16th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
For me it will be Pokemon Black and White really I like the story surrounding it and the game is really challenging I love it overall.
Old April 17th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I would say pokemon Sapphire because it had my favorite villian team and Story.
Old April 17th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Cassiopeiia
Floating

Nature: Bashful
Probably Pokémon Pearl, Leaf Green or Gold... It's kind of hard picking one, I have such fond memories with all of them.

I'd say Pearl though. It had a good mixture of cool new Pokémon and old ones, an interesting storyline and villanous team, a likeable region, my favourite champion Cynthia and lots of things to do.
Old April 17th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to #18
Pokemon Red, it's the most precious to me due to good memories.

❤ 18
Old April 17th, 2013, 09:52 AM
KnightFerrocous
Unhatched Egg

Easily Emerald.
Nice art style, good story, access to Groudon, Kyorge, and Rayquaza and my favorite starter of all time Mudkip. And you can't forget the introduction of the running shoes. Yes they were introduced in Ruby/Sapphire but I give all of 3rd Gen credit for it.
Old April 17th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Sporefame19
Amateur Cartographer

Nature: Quiet
Emerald! :D The first Pokemon game I ever played. I loved Mudkip so much I never let it evolve. It's just too cute XD
Old April 17th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
Black 2 / White 2, its still my favorite of all the Pokemon games - my favorite city in the Pokemon world is there (Castelia City), my top 25 favorite Pokemon are from Unova, and all my greatest memories are in Unova.
Watchog's #1 Fan!! -
PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

my 3DS XL FC is full - My 3DS Flame Red still needs friends - 3325-3310-5332 -
Normal Safari - Lilipup, Loudred, ??? - send me a quick message if you want to be added

Last edited by Playful_Weasel; April 17th, 2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old April 17th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Korintio
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Lax
It's hard to say, but I'd probably say either Soul Silver or Platinum, both are very well put together, I think Soul Silver uses the touch screen the best out of the DS games and Platinum just took the greatness of Diamond and Pearl and added so much extra content and it just felt great with all of the added features of both Soul Silver and Platinum I just can't decide!
Old April 17th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Tim!
Togepi

Pokémon Blue for the nostalgic memories and endless hours of playing in the car, on the toilet, in bed and so on.

But Pokémon Sapphire is my overall favourite game I guess. A complete new pokédex, a cool new tropical world, 2 "evil" teams, weather conditions, the first game with cooler and more clean graphics in my opinion. The only game I almost completed the whole pokédex... :p
Gym Badges: 8/8
E4: 0/5
Pokémon:, , , , ,

Completed challenges

Medieval Time Warp Challenge @ Sapphire
Old April 18th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
My favorite is White 2 and from nostalgia point of view probably Silver and Emerald since Silver is the game I played most times and Emerald was the game that made me return to Pokemon.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 18th, 2013, 04:26 AM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
Picking a favorite Pokemon game to me is like picking a favorite child, as cliche as that is. I can't pick an all time favorite, I loved them all in some way. But the ones I loved the most were Emerald, HeartGold,Black 2, Platinum and White.

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]
Old April 18th, 2013, 10:28 AM
FlameChocobo
Warrior of Hoenn

Nature: Lonely
My favorite has to be Ruby version as it is the game I enjoyed the most out of all the 3rd Generation games.
Old April 18th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Most likely Soulsilver. They made it so good that it actually beat out the nostalgia i have for the originals. I was amazed when it first came out.
Old April 19th, 2013, 03:51 AM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
I've always said that Emerald is my favorite game, even though it's one of the ones that I've never owned. The combination of fighting both Team Aqua and Magma was a big plus in itself, but the addition of the Battle Frontier really kept me busy, and I'd almost go as far as saying that it brought me back into the series.
Old April 19th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Patrick
Winter Love
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Pokemon Puzzle League/Challenge, because it's that kick butt puzzler Panel de Pon in Pokemon's clothing.

A non-cheat answer, which'd probably rank at about second place is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team for the DS. Best Pokemon game I've ever played, which probably means I need to check out some of the more recent things they've been doing.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:31 AM
Warship
異議あり!

mine is heartgold. it really improved upon the touch screen feature and for me it didnt have a single bad point.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 10:28 AM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

In my personal opinion it's Silver, not necessarily because it's the best one, but mainly because of personal experiences with it. The second generation was the newest one when Pokemon was at its peak here, so obviously it was the second generation games which most people played. And we played it for hours on end, every day after school, although people were much more interested in the third generation games when they came out, me included, however I lost my Ruby shortly after I completed the game, and went back to my Silver. That lead to a whole lot of hours of gameplay, and a whole lot of memories which is why it'll forever be my favourite Pokemon game ;')
Old April 23rd, 2013, 10:38 AM
Rickfields
Togepi

Stadium was my favorite, I could play pokemon without scrounging around for batteries, and boy did I love that sushi minigame.
Old April 24th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Pearl, definitely. I've played through it so many times, but I'm still not bored with it. Sometimes I wish I had gotten Diamond because of Stunky/Skuntank, but I like the Pearl exclusives just as much.
Old April 25th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Spinosaurus
Your favorite Pokemon sucks.

My favorite? Ruby. But only because it was my first and I played it for so many years I have lost count.

Realistically though, I consider Emerald and Platinum to be the best games, with Leaf Green/Fire Red close (SS/HG are great but incredibly flawed and B/W was garbage in every way bar the pacing. B/W2 I have not played and I do not plan to.)

EDIT: Oh, do spin offs count?
Pokemon Pinball Ruby/Sapphire it is then. I love pinball and R/S did it so right and uniquely I'll never be tired of it. Pokemon Colosseum and XD are also just as special as Ruby is for me.
I also loved Pokemon Channel back when it was first released. Screw what everyone may think of it, it was magical at its time. Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue come close too. I'd like to give special mention to Pokemon Ranger as well, because it made a great showcase to the DS and was really fun at its time.

....My answer is Pokemon Pinball R/S and Pokemon Ruby. Don't mind me.

Last edited by Spinosaurus; April 25th, 2013 at 12:17 PM.
Old April 25th, 2013, 12:14 PM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Nature: Sassy
This one is REALLY tough for me... ;__; I love a lot of the games but in different ways.

If I had to pick I think it would be Emerald, though. Ruby and Sapphire were insanely nostalgic for me and Emerald was just the best of those + more.

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now
or I'll get physical with you

Old April 26th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
HGSS. Pokemon following me! <3 And the nostalgia of Kanto and Johto.

But even without that, they were done extremely well- better than any other pokemon game in my opinion.
Old April 26th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Marisa
The Searing, Troublesome Divine Flame
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Marisa
Platinum.
I started with Diamond (let that sink in...), and I thought that was an amazing game..so when I heard Platinum get announced (I even have a poster for it in my room), I just said that I was surely going to buy it. I bought it, and played the hell out of it. What I loved were all the small, but really good changes from D/P's gameplay. Adding the Battle Frontier, something I loved in Emerald, the Distortion World and Giratina's new form, which looks sick. The small storyline changes, adding Looker and Charon, and Galactic's new plan...it was all good.

Sponsored Links