The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

View Poll Results: Who's your favourite Sinnoh Gym Leader?
Roark 1 3.23%
Gardenia 4 12.90%
Fantina 3 9.68%
Maylene 3 9.68%
Wake 6 19.35%
Byron 1 3.23%
Candice 11 35.48%
Volkner 11 35.48%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 19th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Aslan
the pretender

Nature: Relaxed
So in D/P/Pt as usual we have eight gym leaders that each specialize in a certain type. Some used the great and powerful electric-types while others preferred the chilly ice-types, out of all of them who was your favourite and why? Do you have a particular reason why you like this certain gym leader? Would it be their design, the Pokemon they used, their specialty or did you find their personality great? Are there any other reasons on why you chose that particular gym leader? Discuss!

i'd rather be anything but ordinary, please.
Old April 19th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
My fave Sinnoh Gym Leader is Candice, because her hair looks so cute, I also love those socks of hers and she has powerful Ice-types that love to utilize the hail strategy well. She's very hard to defeat if you don't have a Fire-type and I also like her Japanese name (Suzuna).

Paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old April 19th, 2013, 11:19 PM
lynds

My favourite is also Candice. She is the Ice gym leader and Ice is one of my favourite types. Also love her design c:
Old April 20th, 2013, 12:42 AM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
I third Hikari. There's something about Candice's overall persona that I really like. I think her sense of confidence, and determined attitude toward battling is something I particulaly treasure about her character. She proves to be a formidable opponent too in Platinum. Unless you didn't choose Chimchar that is.
Old April 20th, 2013, 01:26 AM
8hachi8
The Phantom Trainer :P

Candice because of her appearance.
WHO WEARS MINI SKIRTS IN A CITY WHERE SNOW IS FALLING 24/7?

Also,Volkner looks kinda mysterious and cool.And he knows how to use sun power!

I am new here.Help is appreciated.
Old April 20th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Aslan
the pretender

I think I'm about the only one who doesn't really favour Candice, I guess she was always one of the easier gym leaders to battle with since I had a Houndoom on my side in every playthrough of Platinum or a decent fire-type at that point. The only challenging part of the gym honestly for me was gliding through all of the colossal snowballs blocking your path and people who apparently were allowed to ski indoors.

To answer my own question, my favourite Sinnoh Gym Leader was personally Volkner. He stood out like a lighthouse near a murky sea with jagged rocks, something about him had a spark the others lacked. I guess it was that I liked his laid-back attitude and how he was always a tough challenge, since I usually didn't carry around Ground types. He worked with some of my favourite Pokemon (i.e: Jolteon) and all in all he was a cool gym leader to hang around with. So for me I always favoured Volkner over the others although Gardenia comes in as a close second.

i'd rather be anything but ordinary, please.
Old April 20th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Rickfields
Togepi

Crasher Wake, love that luchador look.
Old April 20th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
Fantina, not only is she a Gym leader but also a contest star. She stood out to me for these reason that the other Gym leaders of shinnoh region.
Old April 20th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Magnetic
Underground Trainer

Nature: Mild
Yes, would be difficult to go against Candice lol.
Old April 20th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I would say Gardenia and Fantina would be my favourites.

I don't really remember Candice....

My least favourite would be Byron, he made absolutely no impression on me at all.
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Did Byron even leave his gym? XD He's my least favorite...

Candice is pretty cute. I like her spirited personality, which is a step away from the silent and stoic ice type gym leaders. She must be pretty hardcore to endure the chill, too. :P

My #1 favorite would be Volkner though. I've always had a soft spot for him. I felt sad that he was bummed out, but after facing the protagonist, he found his spark again. There's also something about yellow and darker blue that appeals to me (Luxray is lovely, too!).
Old April 20th, 2013, 01:05 PM
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

Nature: Adamant
Crasher Wake.

The guy loves what he does, he donates his income to those less fortunate, and he dresses like a freakin' Swampert. He's just so damn fun, how can anyone not like him.

Old April 20th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Champloo
RNG Expert

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Champloo
Volkner hands down is my favorite gym leader

I can't quite give an exact reason but he looks like a hipster and that just seems EPIC to me lol he was also one of the hardest gyms for me since I didn't have a reliable ground when I reached him O_o

RNG, the skill for the well informed
Old April 20th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Happy Smiley Yum Yum

I like Fantina because she reminds me of James in drag.

I also like Gardenia and Candice because, well, I don't know. They just appeal to me in a way the others don't.
Jurassic Jam ¦ Ice Age ¦ Stone Age ¦ Egyptian Era ¦ Medieval Era ¦ Renaissance Era ¦ The Pirate Golden Age ¦ Industrial Revolution ¦ Westward Expansion ¦ The Progressive Era ¦ Mobster Mania ¦ The Sci-Fi Like Future ¦ The Post-Apocalyptic Scenario ¦ Time Rift
Old April 20th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
I loved what they did with Crasher Wake, having him be both a professional wrestler and a Gym Leader( who still wears his ring gear for battling, for some reason). I've would've expected his Gym to look more like Veilstone in Platinum, but I guess that's part of what makes him unique- his typing and manner are a lot different than you would expect from someone like him.
Old April 21st, 2013, 03:44 PM
Isaac
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
Crasher Wake, because hes awesome. Nuff said. Nah jk. Well, he looks cool and is a though gym leader. And he looks cool if its your first time seeing him, plus hes a wrestler. And I love Wrestlers.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old April 21st, 2013, 08:17 PM
Zoegrace1

Candice, I just like her, and her gym puzzle gives me nightmares.
Old April 21st, 2013, 08:25 PM
Enestor27

Roark because he definitely brought a different flavor to the rock gym leaders with Cranidos, my personal favorite fossil pokemon. He also just fit the look of a cool, nerdy miner, imo
Old April 24th, 2013, 03:26 AM
Marisa
cheerful, even in death
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Marisa
Hard choice, really. I like most of the gym leaders in Sinnoh (except Byron, he's just got no emotion)...my top picks are either Candice, Crasher Wake or Fantina...I'll just say all of them
They all have totally different personalities, Candice being the high spirited, cute girl who's a master of the sub-zero Ice-type. Crasher Wake is out there, a far different contrast from the other Sinnoh leaders (maybe even ALL the gym leaders in the history of Pokemon), his attire of choice, going for the Mexican wrestler look..his Pokemon of choice are a nice mix too, a mix between fast sweeper, setup and wall, he knows his competitive sets.
Then, there's Fantina, who's the flashy gym leader and master of the tricky Ghost-type. She's fantastic, always wearing her designer dress, having the iconic French accent of hers, and also being a Pokemon contest fanatic, that's what sets her away from the others. Imo, the Sinnoh gym leaders all have their positives, and are a delightful bunch, but the winner in the end is Candice. She just picks up your spirits as you battle her, she's like Whitney, except without the devil spawn I like to call Miltank.
leijon
kimisumi

pairs
family
credit

Last edited by Marisa; April 24th, 2013 at 03:41 AM.
Old April 26th, 2013, 02:01 PM
GrayJM9
Playing White 2

Nature: Bold
Wake or Byron are my favorites.
Old April 26th, 2013, 02:59 PM
PichuRules4ever
The TF2 Pyro

My favorite gym leader is Volkner. I like Volkner because he uses electric types (my favorite type). I especially like him because he uses Raichu, one of my favorite Pokemon. That's pretty much it. Raichu rules, just not as much as Pichu.
Old April 28th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

I'm tied between Wake and Candice. Candice's personality is my favorite, but one of the reasons why I bought Pearl was because of Wake's appearance.
Old April 30th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Passenger
Retired
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Volkner, I like his style and I like fighting electro Pokemon.
Old May 6th, 2013, 03:33 AM
Hidden Power

Volkner and Gardenia, because they're the only gym leaders that don't use weird colorful clohtes.
Old May 6th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
I agree with what RickFields mentioned above. I really like Crasher Wake, also because of water Pokemon being my favorite, and he also has one of my favorite Sinnoh Pokemon. I had fun with the gym leader (our Floatzel vs Floatzel battle! too bad mine (nicknamed Flowers) was a bit over leveled)
Watchog's #1 Fan!! -
PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

my 3DS XL FC is full - My 3DS Flame Red still needs friends - 3325-3310-5332 -
Normal Safari - Lilipup, Loudred, ??? - send me a quick message if you want to be added
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links