The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Advertise here

Old April 19th, 2013, 09:00 PM
zdude18
Lone Wolf

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Give good reasons. For me, its Bianca, shes just extremely annoying with everything she does. Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard for me and all her decisions leave me ripping my hair out.
White 2: 3397 3474 0556
Old April 19th, 2013, 09:08 PM
TheLaserLuke
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Mild
Tracey. I hated him. At first I was like oh thats cool he draws pokemon. BUt as the episodes went on I was like this guy is so annoying. BRING BROCK BACK!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 19th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I don't despise Ash, but I find it amazing that this dude could be so stupid for so long. It's almost no wonder he dropped out of school. Or maybe it's because of it. It appears as if I've found a vicious cycle.

I also never really liked any overly bland trainer of the day, especially if mr./ms. white bread got more screen time than their Pokemon of the day, who was equally as tasteless as water, but was at least more visually interesting, considering they defied the homogeneity of the human character's designs.

I dunno. The thing about the Pokemon anime is that everyone is either too nice/soft to be completed hated (unless this has changed, but even Giovanni, with his self interested desire of power at any cost, has moments where you don't really hate the guy 100%), or too dull to feel any kind of arousal for. This is certainly where the manga excelled, I feel. Otherwise, it seems hatred for a character is due to a personal pet peeve, whether that's voice acting or a personality type that doesn't jibe with a viewer.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old April 20th, 2013, 12:56 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
I never liked Iris to be personal. Why??? well her get up is boring as well as her attitude sometimes. Calling Ash and Cilan (What a kid!!!). What is she.. An expert in everything???. I really hate her guys and will protest to Pokemon franchise to replace her as soon as possible
Old April 20th, 2013, 02:21 AM
Bomberboy04
Mighty Metagross

Max.
I don't full out despise the guy, but he Annoys me so much it's quite surprising, he just seems so naggy.
Old April 20th, 2013, 04:44 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Iris, 100%

1.) Her voice-actor is garbage, who can't act! (She's almost as bad as the entire cast of Beyblade.)

2.) Why is she so special that she gets an Axew as a starter? "Oh I'm of the Dragon Clan!" nobody cares!! And a Dragonite? I hope it dies via NewTwo.

3.) (And this is the most prominent reason.) Her hair... is so... stupid! It's huge and I hate, hate big hair. (Thank god I was born after 1980.).

Overall her entire design is pretentious and I hate her for it.
Old April 20th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Clearly Iris, but her rude personality and Mary Sue-ish character development aren't really the main problems as to why I despise her. My real reason would only make my post off-topic, for it has little to do with the actual anime, so feel free to VM me to know my reason in detail.
Old April 20th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Captain Falcon
Gotta go fast

Nature: Lax
Paul for being a complete jerk.

And Max, was annoying.
Old April 20th, 2013, 10:22 PM
zdude18
Lone Wolf

i agree that paul was a douche, but at least he had a solid goal and was just a hard a** trainer. compared to trip who is just an all out dbag. no goals no nothing, all he does is make fun of ash, compared to paul who actually knew what he was talking about
White 2: 3397 3474 0556
Old April 21st, 2013, 01:17 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer Timothy View Post
1.) Her voice-actor is garbage, who can't act! (She's almost as bad as the entire cast of Beyblade.)
I do hope you mean her USA VA...

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 21st, 2013, 03:57 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
I do hope you mean her USA VA...
Yes, All american voice-actors are garbage. Well, what I mean is. The scripts in the dubbed versions have to be good and coupled with a notably good voice-actor. But anime as a whole (even my absolute favorite DBZ) has horrible acting. It's so over dramatized that it's bad. Lot of the same stuff. "HUH!", Stuttering when something earth shattering happens, growling, screaming when a character is 3 feet away. Just all in all, I prefer manga to anime. Always have, always will. But I digress. (If you'd like to touch on this more, please VM)

Yes, Iris' american voice-actors is what I was talking about. I don't watch subbed so I wouldn't know.

Last edited by T!M; April 21st, 2013 at 04:23 AM.
Old April 21st, 2013, 09:40 PM
Zoegrace1

I never really liked Cilan. Too many food puns and I never really liked the personality, I mean, what would you do if someone that you didn't know just came up to you, and picked up your favorite Pokemon, and started complimenting it.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:41 AM
alienhunterx

Yes but that is the real reason why the franchise introduced Connoiseurs. They check this sort of stuff
Old April 22nd, 2013, 06:05 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer Timothy View Post
Iris, 100%

2.) Why is she so special that she gets an Axew as a starter? "Oh I'm of the Dragon Clan!" nobody cares!! And a Dragonite? I hope it dies via NewTwo.

3.) (And this is the most prominent reason.) Her hair... is so... stupid! It's huge and I hate, hate big hair. (Thank god I was born after 1980.).

Overall her entire design is pretentious and I hate her for it.
Eileen Stevens isn't that bad, IMO. I really like Iris' character development during her travels with Ash, but her hairstyle does annoy me sometimes.

Anyway, I never really liked Paul. He was too much of a jerk to Ash and even abuses his Pokémon.

Old April 22nd, 2013, 07:07 AM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Dawn.

Now don't hate me for this, I just don't like her. Never really did. It's her personallity...it just... ticks me off. I hate her catchprase and how she says it all the time. I have many more characters, but I'm afraid that if I state any more that I'll go too far, so just one for now.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old April 26th, 2013, 04:34 AM
cyndaquil-burns-brightly

Nature: Calm
Paul was a straight up A hole. And that cheesy guy in gen 5 (Hugh)who always over reacts in "I'm about to unleash my rage" was just too stupid.
And! I also hate Iris. Never liked her since BW came out. She's cool in the games, but a straight up ***** in the anime. Her Dragonite is a joke to all Dragonites before her. I mean, an over the top pissed off mystical (joyful) dragon? C'mon, that's just insane.

Last edited by cyndaquil-burns-brightly; April 26th, 2013 at 04:40 AM.
Old May 11th, 2013, 05:36 PM
PokemonTrainerLotte
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quirky
Any of Jessie's alter-egos used in contests were SO BAD that I count them as different characters. They were just so out-of-character for her that I had trouble saying that it was the same girl I had grown up seeing as a villain. I'm glad contests are gone and Team Rocket aren't as incompetent as they were in DP.
Old May 12th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Minato Arisato
Memento mori...

Nature: Quiet
I don't exactly hate any of the characters since I haven't watched the anime in a long time, but Cynthia just straight up pissed me off. I watched that one episode where Paul challenges her to a battle and the stupid spectators are like, "Oh you can't talk to the Champion that way!" or "She's the Champion!" The way they groveled at her feet made me want to run to the nearest trash can and throw up.

I think she was the one who ruined Garchomp for me, too...
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I did not like Max from the Hoenn Saga as I found him annoying and was not needed in the anime.
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Uzumaki Naruto Jr.
Champion

Nature: Timid
I always disliked Paul, he was to rude and always annoyed me. .-.
Old May 14th, 2013, 12:11 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato Arisato View Post
I don't exactly hate any of the characters since I haven't watched the anime in a long time, but Cynthia just straight up pissed me off. I watched that one episode where Paul challenges her to a battle and the stupid spectators are like, "Oh you can't talk to the Champion that way!" or "She's the Champion!" The way they groveled at her feet made me want to run to the nearest trash can and throw up.

I think she was the one who ruined Garchomp for me, too...
I say Cynthia is a beauty and a powerful opponent. She has a strong heart and she loves to help people. Don't agree !!! Just watch the BW Saga from Meleotta's episodes
Old May 14th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Scorpiopt

Paul ( Straight Douchebag)
Iris (Annoying and stupid needs to get off that high horse)
Ash (Dumb and repetitive has hell , New journey Herp Derp don't know how to pokemon even if i own then )

Old May 21st, 2013, 12:25 PM
swiftgallade46
Legend

Nature: Naive
I also dislike Max. He really brought nothing to the show and didn't even catch any Pokemon, or accomplish anything to show for his adventure through two whole regions. All he was good for was Jirachi Wishmaker and even then his role could easily have been filled by someone else. I also really hate Cameron. His stupidity just doesnt sit well with me. On top of that, he has a friggin Lucario, Hydreigon, Ferrothorn and Samurott and while I used to be extremely fond of all of those, he ruined them for me with his idiocy. Then, to add insult to injury, he beat Ash. With only five pokemon because he was too stupid to know what a full battle is. What?! [Plus he replaced Dawn in the theme song which irked me ):< ]
and ever
Old May 21st, 2013, 03:19 PM
Bumfluff1202

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaserLuke View Post
Tracey. I hated him. At first I was like oh thats cool he draws pokemon. BUt as the episodes went on I was like this guy is so annoying. BRING BROCK BACK!
God he was so annoying! I gotta draw this, gotta draw that, draw, draw, draw, so annoying.
Old May 21st, 2013, 10:36 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftgallade46 View Post
I also dislike Max. He really brought nothing to the show and didn't even catch any Pokemon, or accomplish anything to show for his adventure through two whole regions. All he was good for was Jirachi Wishmaker and even then his role could easily have been filled by someone else. I also really hate Cameron. His stupidity just doesnt sit well with me. On top of that, he has a friggin Lucario, Hydreigon, Ferrothorn and Samurott and while I used to be extremely fond of all of those, he ruined them for me with his idiocy. Then, to add insult to injury, he beat Ash. With only five pokemon because he was too stupid to know what a full battle is. What?! [Plus he replaced Dawn in the theme song which irked me ):< ]
Dawn was just shown as a guest character much like you had seen in previous sagas. She had to replaced by someone so Cameron came. And By the way I thought Max only traveled with Ash and Co. in Hoenn only.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here