The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Old April 20th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

Advertise here

Introduction
Hello guys and welcome to my hack thread. I was a hacker since March last year and I'm hoping to finally finish a hack. This will be my first and final hack so I'll definitely take my time with this and make sure its as good as it can be. The old version of this hack which can be found here . It didn't turn out as good as I hoped so I restarted about 20 times. This is the outcome of the latest version. Also, I hope to finish this with lots of talented hackers. See you later and I hope you enjoy the presentation for my hack!

PS. Read the entire thread before asking for questions because doing that shows you aren't a noob. :3

Storyline:

Hooray! It's your 14th Birthday. This is the year you will finally get a Pokemon and travel around the Ion Region. You and your childhood friend Chloe are meeting Professor Pachy today to get your very first Pokemon. Once you reach her lab, her assistants say that she is doing some research on Route 701. You and Chloe decided to check it out. Once you reach Route 701, you can't believe what is in front of you. It's the 3 Starter Pokemon Tepig, Snivy, and Oshawott.

Note: That was only the introduction as I didn't want to reveal anything major.

Features:
Well, I haven't decided on all the features but I will add more as I think of more.

- Full use of the Day and Night System
- All Pokemon from the past 5 Generations
- Play as a Male only
- Full use of the Seasons System
- New Battle Backgrounds
- New Tiles
- A few tournaments
- A new berry system

Screenshots

The Team
ForeverDash: Tiler, Graphics, Leader
Reb0rn - Tile Animator
Tackle - Music Hacker

Credits
Zein - Tiles
Alucus - Tiles
Red-Ex - Tiles
TB Pro - Tiles
Seiyouh - Tiles
Kyledove - Tiles
Tarev/Cope - Tiles
Thatssowitty - Tilesheet
Prince Legendario - Tiles
Jpan - Firered Hacked Engine
Reb0rn - Tile Animations
Deigoisawesome - Force Male Gender Patch

Last edited by Ace.; April 27th, 2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old April 20th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Eren Jaeger
Pianoist

Nature: Serious
Nicely done! I love the tiles and It's better if you'll change the sprite. anyways, good luck! :D
Old April 20th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Isaac
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
OMG I LUV THE TILES

Good job Fritz Looking forward to this and I finally know who Chloe issss. Also I can help you with some little things. Just check what I have to say in the server

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old April 20th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Barbie Jean
Community Supporter

Why the restriction on the gender that you play? That is really the only feature that I heavily dislike. Now after checking out the original thread for this hack, I see that you improved with the mapping and the tiles are very good. Though it would have been cool to also seen a few screenshots with scripting being done.

Old April 20th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
Awesome Blue Flames is back!

The tiles are wonderful I like them, though I do hope the scripting will be as good as the graphics. :3
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Tackle
Pancham

Nature: Timid
Yahoo, Blue Flames is back! I love the tiles, they're so beautiful. :D I'll rip some one day. :p
Good luck with this hack, I do hope you complete this.

Feel free to VM / PM me, I'll be sure to reply your messages!

Paired with ForeverDash, MidnightShine, Shadowraze, Daniel Evans and Hoenn.

Also known as Clown of Hearts.

Join Castelia City Forums now!

Old April 20th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Aslan
the pretender

Nature: Relaxed
I don't know much about hacks but this looks great from what I'm seeing. Although I would of also liked to see a preview of what an NPC/Trainer or just some sort of text in the screenshots. Oh well, but nevertheless good job dude! :D
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影

Nature: Naughty
Ermahgerrd! It's back! Congrats, Fritz! you've come a looong way, and I hope you can complete it this time. The tiles are fabulous as usual, but the bushes blend in a little too much with the trees. It's also quite funny how the window in the 1st screenie takes up the space of the roof o.O and the "Press Start" on the titlescreen is positioned quite awkwardly imo. Other than those minor errors, I wanna say congrats again! I wish you all the luck in the world
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:56 PM
DaydreamsAway
<---- MAH WAIFU :3

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to DaydreamsAway
Not bad Fritz. Personally I think its a good hack, the screens look nice though I think the tree animation is weird but its your hack anyway so Kudos and Good Luck Kid.. :3

TELL ME I'M NOT DREAMING AGAIN!
OUR LOVE IS NOT A GHOST...

Best Song Ever!

Old April 21st, 2013, 01:02 AM
Marisa
I'm in your base, stealing your goods.
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Marisa
I like it, seems like a HD version of FireRed, only with a whole bunch of new things
I can see a lot of time has gone into making this, and I wish you luck upon anything else you have yet to finish.
Gj fritz :D
leijon
kimisumi

pairs
family
credit
Old April 21st, 2013, 01:08 AM
godlesplay

finally beautiful tiles in english hack ! :D
Old April 21st, 2013, 01:08 AM
Diversion
Mega Aerodactyl.

Nature: Serious
Good job Fritz! :D
Well this is your first and final hack, I hope you can finish it this time.
That hack looks damn good...
Old April 21st, 2013, 01:12 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Blue Flames back? Not bad =)
Looking forward to seeing whether this will continue =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 21st, 2013, 02:38 AM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaedearagaki View Post
Nicely done! I love the tiles and It's better if you'll change the sprite. anyways, good luck! :D
thanks and I will change the hero's overworld just haven't gotten around to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer View Post
OMG I LUV THE TILES

Good job Fritz Looking forward to this and I finally know who Chloe issss. Also I can help you with some little things. Just check what I have to say in the server
OMG I LOVE THEM TOO. Chloe has always been Chloe. :3 Yeah sure I'll see what you can do. Thanks Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2 XTREME View Post
Why the restriction on the gender that you play? That is really the only feature that I heavily dislike. Now after checking out the original thread for this hack, I see that you improved with the mapping and the tiles are very good. Though it would have been cool to also seen a few screenshots with scripting being done.
Hmm, don't know. But thanks. Also I haven't started scripting yet so I have nothing to show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowraze View Post
Awesome Blue Flames is back!

The tiles are wonderful I like them, though I do hope the scripting will be as good as the graphics. :3
Lol thanks and I'll try. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackle View Post
Yahoo, Blue Flames is back! I love the tiles, they're so beautiful. :D I'll rip some one day. :p
Good luck with this hack, I do hope you complete this.
.com and I love them too :D Also No Gero No :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
I don't know much about hacks but this looks great from what I'm seeing. Although I would of also liked to see a preview of what an NPC/Trainer or just some sort of text in the screenshots. Oh well, but nevertheless good job dude! :D
Lol sophie text meaning scripting? :3 and thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkish Purple View Post
Ermahgerrd! It's back! Congrats, Fritz! you've come a looong way, and I hope you can complete it this time. The tiles are fabulous as usual, but the bushes blend in a little too much with the trees. It's also quite funny how the window in the 1st screenie takes up the space of the roof o.O and the "Press Start" on the titlescreen is positioned quite awkwardly imo. Other than those minor errors, I wanna say congrats again! I wish you all the luck in the world
I know :') I'm so proud of myself. And thanks Pinky I really worked hard on them. I don't see anything wrong with the tilescreen so I'm keeping it as is. Also what window are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaydreamsAway View Post
Not bad Fritz. Personally I think its a good hack, the screens look nice though I think the tree animation is weird but its your hack anyway so Kudos and Good Luck Kid.. :3
Thanks Slate lol. I thought it looked weird ar first but then I got used to them and realized they actually look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Sonic View Post
I like it, seems like a HD version of FireRed, only with a whole bunch of new things
I can see a lot of time has gone into making this, and I wish you luck upon anything else you have yet to finish.
Gj fritz :D
Thanks Shadow :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by godlesplay View Post
finally beautiful tiles in english hack ! :D
I actually wanna release a spanish version first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diversion View Post
Good job Fritz! :D
Well this is your first and final hack, I hope you can finish it this time.
That hack looks damn good...
Thanks Lati :D And I'm really trying hard to actually finish this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Blue Flames back? Not bad =)
Looking forward to seeing whether this will continue =D
Thanks lol. Even I can't wait to see it continue. :3
Old April 21st, 2013, 03:05 AM
Magic

Well it looks shiny and new, very nice tiles - although not too sure about the long grass.

Only things I don't like about the screens are how you have done the rugs indoors - surely a rug should be square or round not a weird huge zigzag shape? Looks a bit odd. Also on one of your screen shots a tree has its right side sticking out a house.

What I'd really like is more story, it's clear you've worked on the tiles but with no scripting and no story it's pretty bare... Couldn't you create some back story about the region or something that still manages to avoid too many spoilers?

Sunkern, the Seed Pokémon.

It may drop out of the sky suddenly. If attacked by a Spearow, it will violently shake its leaves.
Old April 21st, 2013, 04:29 AM
long21

how about physical/special split?
Old April 21st, 2013, 10:37 AM
~Anbuja
Let's Keep It Simple

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to ~Anbuja
*Animated screenshot*
Nice porting, but I sugguest you honestly should make Rb0rn to animate the bottoms of the trees too.
That way they just don't look right while the top of the tree moves and the bottom don't.

*1st indoor screenshot*
In this image I'd reinsert the carpet into the TV's palette (It it isn't already).
And giving the center of it the lighter blue colour.
That yellow lightish colour is probably because in that palette you were using were only 2 blueish colours.
Doing so will make it look better then it already does.

*5th screenshot*
The wild grass doesn't really fit.
But that is just my opinion.
If you chose to change it, try 9 tile grass maybe that will look better.

All around its one of the better hacks.
You will probably get some problems later in game if you go wtih that style of houses.
Zein has only 32 houses in that style, and you probably wont be able to make an entire region with 32 houses.

Id like to see a screenshot where the mountain tiles were used.
Btw the mapping isn't that bad either.
Old April 21st, 2013, 02:50 PM
Car17
Unhatched Egg

excuse me, am new in this page. So can anyone tell me how i can download the ROM for this hack, so i can play it
Old April 21st, 2013, 09:18 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car17 View Post
excuse me, am new in this page. So can anyone tell me how i can download the ROM for this hack, so i can play it
No release => no download

@ForeverDash: "Release a Spanish version first" ... wouldn't be surprised :D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:22 AM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
Well it looks shiny and new, very nice tiles - although not too sure about the long grass.

Only things I don't like about the screens are how you have done the rugs indoors - surely a rug should be square or round not a weird huge zigzag shape? Looks a bit odd. Also on one of your screen shots a tree has its right side sticking out a house.

What I'd really like is more story, it's clear you've worked on the tiles but with no scripting and no story it's pretty bare... Couldn't you create some back story about the region or something that still manages to avoid too many spoilers?
Thanks. About the grass I actually like it. I didn't like it at first but I then got used to it and found out it actually looks good. I don't find anything wrong with the rug but ill probably try and make it more roundish. Yeah about the tree its supposed to be behind the house sooo... I can indeed create a backstory on the region which I'll do soon. Well I did work on the story and d have some amazing ideas but I don;t wanna say much yet,

Quote:
Originally Posted by long21 View Post
how about physical/special split?
Yes I'll add it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anbuja's_BlooDY View Post
*Animated screenshot*
Nice porting, but I sugguest you honestly should make Rb0rn to animate the bottoms of the trees too.
That way they just don't look right while the top of the tree moves and the bottom don't.

*1st indoor screenshot*
In this image I'd reinsert the carpet into the TV's palette (It it isn't already).
And giving the center of it the lighter blue colour.
That yellow lightish colour is probably because in that palette you were using were only 2 blueish colours.
Doing so will make it look better then it already does.

*5th screenshot*
The wild grass doesn't really fit.
But that is just my opinion.
If you chose to change it, try 9 tile grass maybe that will look better.

All around its one of the better hacks.
You will probably get some problems later in game if you go wtih that style of houses.
Zein has only 32 houses in that style, and you probably wont be able to make an entire region with 32 houses.

Id like to see a screenshot where the mountain tiles were used.
Btw the mapping isn't that bad either.
Thanks. I'll definitely take into consideration everything you said. And I'll show the Mountain tiles soon. :>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
No release => no download

@ForeverDash: "Release a Spanish version first" ... wouldn't be surprised :D
lol

Also I'm Looking for Spriters. If you're interested send me a PM :3

Last edited by Ace.; April 22nd, 2013 at 01:38 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:31 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I really like your tiles Fritz. Especially the bathroom you've included. I always felt that it was bad for Pokémon never to include them. I think a screenshot in-battle would be a good addition too.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:32 AM
Giant Magikarp
I like Iris...

Are you going to add Gen. 5 or Gen. 4 attacks?
Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:45 AM
Correspondence

Pretty good tiles but the ones that standout are the restroom ones =P.And as vapor said some more screenies would be nice maybe a few showing the different seasons?And will all 649 pokemon in the game be catchable or not?

Other than that it looks pretty amazeballs and hopefully you'll be able to complete it.And Fritz if you release it in Spanish imma kill you.<3
Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:55 AM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitchguy View Post
Pretty good tiles but the ones that standout are the restroom ones =P.And as vapor said some more screenies would be nice maybe a few showing the different seasons?And will all 649 pokemon in the game be catchable or not?

Other than that it looks pretty amazeballs and hopefully you'll be able to complete it.And Fritz if you release it in Spanish imma kill you.<3

No, I don't think all the 649 Pokemon will be catchable in the hack unless he uses the 649 Patch. Which is not released for the purpose of using it for hacks. Hacks are limited to the use of 393 Pokemon plus the 20+ blank spaces.

And the seasons thingy you're mentioning is I think not possible with Fritz's current hacking skills he have to do ASM Coding and make differences with the tilesets which would most likely very hard to do. Shiny Quagsire has a documentation of it in the R&D forum if you want to check it out.

And fritz please no spanish version. :3
Old April 22nd, 2013, 09:36 AM
ShinyDarkral

Sounds interesting, wish you good luck!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here