Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Reload this Page Help General Questions & Answers Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Featured | Spinoffs

View Poll Results: Have you ever found a shiny?
Yes 4 100.00%
No 0 0%
Yes, but I lost it! 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 2nd, 2013 (07:14 AM).
staaaaay fresh!
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
Like a breeding guide? I don't know of any particular threads on them. But they may be in the FAQs. So if you're breeding in gen V, check the FAQ in Fifth Generation Gaming. And likewise with any other gen you may be breeding in.

trade | challenges | vgm | klippy
Old April 3rd, 2013 (11:20 AM).
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
I can't download any of the bonus content on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. I keep getting,"An error has ocurred. Please try again later." And it's not my net. My net when I checked is connected just fine. I don't get what the problem could be.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=231549&ref=61528
Get a Free PS3, this is no joke: http://www.YourPS34free.com/index.php?ref=5580831
Old April 4th, 2013 (12:19 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Konekodemon:
I can't download any of the bonus content on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. I keep getting,"An error has ocurred. Please try again later." And it's not my net. My net when I checked is connected just fine. I don't get what the problem could be.
Do you have the money to buy them?
Maybe that's where the problem lies?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 10th, 2013 (04:33 PM).

I haven't really played any Pokemon games except a little of Sapphire, and I probably won't soon, but I have some questions about them.

1. In Black/White 2, how many pokemon are you able to catch? Not like how many are in the game, but how many you can have in storage and such. Is there a limit to how many pokemon you can have?

2. Can you transfer pokemon from Black/White 2 back to 1? Any ones you can't if you can most others?

3. Is it possible to obtain every pokemon, and transfer them all to Black/White(2)? Or if not EVERY pokemon, all from gen 3 through gen 5.
(this probably wouldn't be possible if there is like a pokemon limit smaller than how many pokemon exist, but that's why I'm here to ask : D. Maybe if there's a limit you could have them stored in Black, White, B2, W2.)

4. Are there any games through gen 3-5 where you could obtain all the pokemon available in it in another one. Such as(this is just an example, I know nothing about what pokemon are in the games) ALL the pokemon from Ruby being obtainable in one of the other gen 3-5 games.

5. Are there any pokemon that are say, in gen 3 and gen 4 or 5 games that are the same pokemon but different stats?

I ask these because if I ever got into the games, I'd be one to collect pokemon, and I'd want to catch 'em all, lol. I used to not want to play them because I thought you could only have the pokemon from that game or generation, then I found out you could transfer them between each other and even back from gen 3 games to gen 5(through gen 4). And for question 4, I wouldn't want to buy whatever one of the games if you could catch all the pokemon in it in another game.

Thank you.
Old April 10th, 2013 (05:10 PM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
1. There are 300 Pokémon in the Unova Dex. You can store up to 720 Pokémon in the PC.

2. Yes.

3. Through time and dedication, yes. You're still better off trading with other people; we have a trade forum for that, or even the Global Terminal in-game.

4. I don't understand the question.

5. Yes. Deoxys, Shaymin, Kyurem, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus and Meloetta have different formes with their own set of base stats.

Old April 10th, 2013 (07:01 PM).
PONPONPON
Crystal Tier

To add on to what PlatinumDude has said, here are the links to the Trade Corner and the Trade Shops sub-forum.

4. Well, I'm fairly sure there are games, but examples would require carefully examining large lists of Pokemon from many different games and that would take too long. In addition I wouldn't say all, just most. But to catch every single Pokemon, you need to own or trade with people who own a variety of Pokemon games since you can't catch all Pokemon in just one or a few games.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old April 12th, 2013 (02:03 AM).
~~King Of Plegia~~

I want to ask if there is a point in investing HP evs if you are not investing in Def or Sp.Def.

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old April 12th, 2013 (07:36 AM).

Nature: Careful
Okay, if you had Pokemon Black 2, can you connect or trade friend codes with pokemon black?
Old April 12th, 2013 (01:31 PM).
happy
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Dradier234:
Okay, if you had Pokemon Black 2, can you connect or trade friend codes with pokemon black?
Yes you can!

You can connect and trade with Black, White, Black 2 and White 2.
Old April 16th, 2013 (03:11 PM).
ashwinte

I just got done playing Firered. Now I would like to hear your opinions. Should I play Soulsilver/Heartgold, or go the GBC route and play Gold/Silver?
Old April 16th, 2013 (04:29 PM).
PONPONPON
Crystal Tier

I'd go play the original before playing the remake, no particular reason for me, that's just how I am. It's really up to you (I can see this getting spammed with "It's up to you")

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old April 16th, 2013 (04:38 PM).
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by ashwinte:
I just got done playing Firered. Now I would like to hear your opinions. Should I play Soulsilver/Heartgold, or go the GBC route and play Gold/Silver?
If I were you, I would play the next stage of the games and play sapphire, ruby or emerald since it would be a different story line than firered or leafgreen.
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old April 16th, 2013 (05:47 PM).
Want-To-Be Master

Nature: Gentle
I don't know what EV training is.Also, is this a good pokemon team I'm trying to make for double battle?
Old April 16th, 2013 (06:14 PM).
PONPONPON
Crystal Tier

We have a guide on EV training for Gen IV here, and one for Gen V here.

As for how your team build is, try asking over at In-Game Team Help or Competitive Team Help. They can give much better help than I will in a million years. Be sure to include specifics, like natures, move sets, and what not to obtain the best help you can.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old April 17th, 2013 (06:33 AM).

hi everybody.. i'm now playing pokemon leaf green and i'm so desperate to get some event ticket since i play it using vba emulator. after thorough searching on google the only solution is using cheat (gameshark/action replay). since i haven't use any cheat, will it harm my save file or what effect will i get after cheating..

additional question..
how about i use someone's cheated save file to trade something with my original save file. will it also makes my original save file counted as cheated?

thanks in advance..

desperate pokedex collector
Old April 17th, 2013 (06:42 AM).
staaaaay fresh!
Super ModeratorCS

It may harm your game if the codes are wrong or used excessively, from what I understand. Just remember, you can't ask for codes here. And no, trading with a game that has used cheats doesn't make your game hacked or anything.

Old April 17th, 2013 (06:57 AM).

Quote originally posted by Sydian:
It may harm your game if the codes are wrong or used excessively, from what I understand. Just remember, you can't ask for codes here. And no, trading with a game that has used cheats doesn't make your game hacked or anything.
oh i see.
no, i'm not asking cheat cause actually i don't like using cheat cause it kills the fun of games. it means that my game is totally save right? thanks :D
Old April 17th, 2013 (07:22 AM).
staaaaay fresh!
Super ModeratorCS

Yeah, your game should be fine. :)

Old April 17th, 2013 (04:05 PM).
Yep, that's me
Silver Tier

Nature: Naughty
Im playing Pokemon Ruby right? Im on route 115. Have I come a long way so far? And is there a lot more to come?

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old April 17th, 2013 (04:13 PM).
staaaaay fresh!
Super ModeratorCS

You still have like more than half of the main story to go. You're basically almost done with the first half. Once you get Surf, that's when I consider you've entered into the second half of the game. When you have a question about a specific game, please use the Q&A thread for it. This thread is for generalized gaming questions. Yours was specifically about Ruby, so it would go in the Advance Gen Q&A thread.

Old April 17th, 2013 (04:16 PM).
Yep, that's me
Silver Tier

Nature: Naughty
OK I will go there from now on. Is that the place to post if i get stuck anywhere in the game?

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old April 17th, 2013 (04:19 PM).
staaaaay fresh!
Super ModeratorCS

Yes, and likewise for any other games you're playing. Like if you were playing Silver and got stuck, you'd ask for help in the Metal/Color Gen Q&A thread. :)

Old April 20th, 2013 (07:54 PM).

So, my Pokémon Pearl pokémon haven't been EV trained at all, and they're at around level 70-80. Is it pointless to start EV training now? I'll use berries to "undo" the EV points.
Old April 20th, 2013 (08:06 PM).
ShootThePuck

Nature: Sassy
If you EV train fully there would be a significant difference in stats at level 100.

you don't have enough talent to win on talent alone
Old April 20th, 2013 (08:35 PM).

I guess it's better late than never . I didn't learn about EV training until about a year ago. I'm EV training my pokémon White 2 now. Very boring.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)