The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Should Bulbasaur start with Solar Beam to match the Manga?
Yes 2,067 88.11%
No 279 11.89%
Voters: 2346. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 17th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Aethestode
Hacker

Nature: Serious
Okay, don't enter the POKEMON FAN CLUB before going in SS ANNE. It will freeze, I'll fix that in the next patch.

Anyway, I've chagned the pallette to give the game more of a wild and dark feel, to reflect on the manga (since the manga is pretty dark, compare to the anime).
Old April 17th, 2013, 10:41 PM
RizkyUchiha

How to find the Lake Monster? i cant find it
Old April 18th, 2013, 01:14 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Okay, Fixed several glitches, and tileset glitches. I noticed that most of the glitches occur in VERMILLION City. Anyway, I've added more detail to Poliwhirl underwater arc.

Completely finished the VERMILLION CITY saga. All the loose end is finished. Just added the abandoned Gym arc, now doing the Route 11 Bike contest. I'll will release the next patch after completing Seafoam Isle arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizkyUchiha View Post
How to find the Lake Monster? i cant find it
Oh! Yeah, the Lake Monster Arc actually isn't finished yet. Since you need surf, and you couldn't have gotten it in the game yet. This is the same for the Dojo Brothers arc, and the Love Letter arc. They aren't finished yet. But they would be done by the next patch. The first patch is just to let people have a feel first.

Last edited by Aethestode; April 18th, 2013 at 08:25 AM.
Old April 18th, 2013, 04:06 PM
qaz015393
pokemon revenge developer

I didn't go into the club but the game still freezes after the scene in the lab. Just to let u know since some people said don't go in the poke club.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old April 18th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Aethestode
Hacker

Just added the Bike Riding Contest in Route 11, completed with Snorlax event, and several bonus events that are triggered if you have certain POKEMON in your party.

Btw, I heard that some people encounter freezing issue after the lab event where the girl stole the Squirtle, who else encountered that issue? Cuz I don't seem to have this problem, but I need more detail to see where to look, so i can fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaz015393 View Post
I didn't go into the club but the game still freezes after the scene in the lab. Just to let u know since some people said don't go in the poke club.
Don't worry, I've fixed the the freeze fort he 2nd patch. For now, just dont goto the pokemon fan club first, goto SS ANNE first, then goto fan club.

Anyway, you said the game freezes after the scene in the lab. Can you tell me which part, and hwo did it freezes (like is it black screen, or the characters appeared)?

Last edited by Aethestode; April 19th, 2013 at 09:19 AM.
Old April 19th, 2013, 09:16 AM
qaz015393

It's the Scene with blue taking the pokemon that was mentioned be4. What I was trying to say was it freezes even when u don't enter the club before the SS Ann.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

Old April 19th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Okay, Uploaded Beta 1.5

There's really not much new for beta 1.5 except for some freeze fix. The game now ends at the beginning of Bike Contest. The Abandon Gym bonus arc is playable. New palette and tileset for some maps. Anyway, if anyone encountered some bugs, please send me a bug report. Thank you =D

Quote:
It's the Scene with blue taking the pokemon that was mentioned be4. What I was trying to say was it freezes even when u don't enter the club before the SS Ann.
Okay, can I have some more detail about the freezing? Like does it only go blackscreen, does the event played then it freezes or it freezes before the event plays.

Last edited by Aethestode; April 19th, 2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old April 20th, 2013, 01:01 AM
GozetaGX
Just a passerby Trainer.

Just saying that..It would be better if bulbasour have solar beam earlier when in the battle of machoke..Just like the manga :D

Old April 20th, 2013, 02:46 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GozetaGX View Post
Just saying that..It would be better if bulbasour have solar beam earlier when in the battle of machoke..Just like the manga :D
Lol! I want to do that! but I'm scared people wouldn't like it.
Old April 20th, 2013, 03:55 AM
GozetaGX
Just a passerby Trainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanmegaman View Post
Lol! I want to do that! but I'm scared people wouldn't like it.
I think it's opposite instead lol XD..But who know..Try to ask people then if they want like that?For me...I want it >:D
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GozetaGX View Post
I think it's opposite instead lol XD..But who know..Try to ask people then if they want like that?For me...I want it >:D
Okay, I'll consider it. I just want to get more support for it first.

Sorry guys! The beta 1.5 I've uploaded yesterday is actually the buggy and glitchy version. I've just uploaded the actual one, so please download it again. So the real beta 1.5 should be called (1.6)

Last edited by DrFuji; April 20th, 2013 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:45 PM
qaz015393

I still get the same problem, after I beat that Machoke in the Viridian Gym I left it to see the cut-scene that girl went out, & steals the pokemon. The cut scene seems to work but then it freezes after the words bingo pop up. Any suggestions.

Old April 20th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Aethestode
Hacker

Okay, Bulbasaur learn Solar Beam from the beginning it is.

Quote:
I still get the same problem, after I beat that Machoke in the Viridian Gym I left it to see the cut-scene that girl went out, & steals the pokemon. The cut scene seems to work but then it freezes after the words bingo pop up. Any suggestions.
Okay, I've tested that scene over and over again. There shouldn't be any freezing. Let me ask you some questions. Did you use a clean FireRed (US) rom for the patching? Furthermore, did you press any key when the word "bingo" pop up? If it still doesn't work, then download the new patch, that i've just released. Hopefully, that would solve the glitch (beta 1.7).
Old April 20th, 2013, 10:16 PM
mikethepokemaster

Nature: Jolly
sorry to bug you but after you beat surge and go up to the first floor and try to talk to the old man of the pokemon fan club it freezes can you fix this.
Old April 20th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Aethestode
Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanmegaman View Post
Okay, Bulbasaur learn Solar Beam from the beginning it is.

Okay, I've tested that scene over and over again. There shouldn't be any freezing. Let me ask you some questions. Did you use a clean FireRed (US) rom for the patching? Furthermore, did you press any key when the word "bingo" pop up? If it still doesn't work, then download the new patch, that i've just released. Hopefully, that would solve the glitch (beta 1.7).
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethepokemaster View Post
sorry to bug you but after you beat surge and go up to the first floor and try to talk to the old man of the pokemon fan club it freezes can you fix this.
Yeah, I'll fix that. The game actually ends after beating surge.
Old April 21st, 2013, 12:53 AM
efini93
Unhatched Egg

I found two black tiles at the end of route 1, is that where bulbasaur is supposed to be? sorry I can't post images yet.
Old April 21st, 2013, 01:04 AM
godlesplay

game freeze when someone steal squirtle from lab
Old April 21st, 2013, 05:04 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by efini93 View Post
I found two black tiles at the end of route 1, is that where bulbasaur is supposed to be? sorry I can't post images yet.
No, but i know what you're talkign about. That's just some tile corruption when I tried to add more tiles in the game. I'll fix it later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godlesplay View Post
game freeze when someone steal squirtle from lab
Yeah, a few people have encountered this problem. I personally haven't face this problem at all. Therefore, I'm trying my hardest to fix it. If I couldn't fix it, I might just remove that scene altogether.

Last edited by Aethestode; April 21st, 2013 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 21st, 2013, 07:16 AM
efini93
Unhatched Egg

at the end of the viridian forest there's a full heal that won't dissapear when I get it.
Old April 21st, 2013, 08:33 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by efini93 View Post
at the end of the viridian forest there's a full heal that won't dissapear when I get it.
Yeah, I did that intentionally because of I'm scared people would use up all the Full Heal, and then can't complete the event.
Old April 21st, 2013, 08:35 AM
Toomsey
Unhatched Egg

erm, i know the hack is just starting out and i hate to be petty but i've noticed a few typos, just thought i'd let you know lul
Old April 21st, 2013, 09:33 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Hmm. I've had a similar idea of trying to follow the first "season" of the anime (technically 82 episodes, oh well) by bringing up some of the anime stories in a hack, especially the places where Bulbasaur, Chimchar, and Squirtle appear in the storyline and Ash acquires them. This seems to be in a similar vein except that it covers the manga.

Might have to see how you've done this!

Cyclone

Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
Old April 21st, 2013, 10:30 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomsey View Post
erm, i know the hack is just starting out and i hate to be petty but i've noticed a few typos, just thought i'd let you know lul
Yeah, that. I'm constantly going back to fix up some typo =p.
Old April 21st, 2013, 11:15 AM
qaz015393

I finally got past the part where blue steals squirtle from lab. For those who have the problem, with the latest patch *i used 1.6 bc i wanted 2 test my theory before re-patching* I was playing the hack on my ipod touch *not the pc using visualboyadvanced* so instead of using the gpsphone emulator i used the other 1 called gba.emu and it worked. So those people who have an Ipod touch should do that then transfer the .sav to you pc & continue the game there *or any other place you like*.

Old April 21st, 2013, 11:42 AM
efini93
Unhatched Egg

so far I'm loving it keep it up
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links