The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 20th, 2013, 06:28 AM
lmcde22

I think that, no matter how hard they try, Gamefreak will never be able to come up with a plot better than Emerald. It was perfect. I mean, sure, battling Team Rocket is always fun and Team Plasma's quest for world domination is exciting and all. But the only story that's ever really catured me is two rival enviromentalist parties fighting for what they believe is best for the environment. And i love that with the help of Steven and Wallace you can show them the error of their ways and they make good. So ever since Gen III I've been waiting for a better story but I'm stating to get a bit skeptical.
Old April 20th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Patrick
Winter Love

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
Alright, here we go. Earlier generation monsters were better-designed. 'Better' is where my opinion lies, and it seems to be unpopular. Worth mentioning is that there has been an objective shift in design philosophy over time; monster designs have accrued more spikes, stripes and such things. There are actually threads on /vp/ where posters remove these features from official artworks, often yielding appealing results.

I want my first generation Garchomp.
Exactly, as any western professional would tell you this. I also think, however, that there's a cultural difference in play here, too. Japan seems to revel in the ornate, whereas western designs tend to be more simple because of pencil mileage. There's generally a reason why western animation tends to be more fluid/less rigid, but a the same time, doesn't go nearly into the same amounts of detail save for your occasional Disney flick.

Either way, there's no denying the designs got more complicated. Whether or not anyone likes them is up to personal tastes, but I will say this much. A person would sooner do a full, frame by frame no shortcuts animation on their own of Mewtwo than they would Giratina, I don't care how much they might prefer the latter.

I also agree with machomuu in that the series could benefit from at least a mild reinvention. Or I would, but considering the games that star the Pokemon hold higher appeal to me anyway, I almost don't care what the main games do anymore.

Oh boy, there's an unpopular opinion...

I don't like the trainer games compared to everything else on PC. It baffles me that there's not that much more diversity, which you'd sort of expect on a forum this size, but I recognize I'm a minority overall, especially here. :(

Also, Eevee doesn't have half the cuteness Vulpix has. Even stylized in fan art, I still prefer Vulpix. I think it's the overall design. Eevee's like your extreme animu version of a whatever it is, huge eyes and all, while Vulpix at least retains some anatomy. Also, don't bother pointing out that I'm guilty of such things myself, as I am already aware.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old April 20th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
Not sure about others but I think Black and White versions 2 is a more logical follow up game than Pokemon Gray. I don't know why people are still complaining over a potential Pokemon Gray, but Considering the theme of monochrome, Black 2 and White 2 fit the theme quite well. Additionally, it wouldn't feel right to incorperate Kyurem as what Team Plasma's aim of capture during the original BW plot. I had a hard time thinking what would happen if that were the case. Also, their version exclusive themes are unique, where Black is technological and White is Rural, but Gray is what?

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.

Last edited by Mithel_Celestia; April 20th, 2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:39 PM
SoulSilver10112
George the Poliwag

I find Froakie to be a cute starter, not many think Froakie's very cute.

Challenges:
Heartgold Nuzlocke: Completed!
Pearl Nuzlocke: Completed!
Heartgold Gender Discrimination Challenge: Completed!
Old May 11th, 2013, 07:04 PM
shadowdueler474
Muffins for all!

Farfetch'd is an awesome Pokémon.

I also with machomuu that the series needs to be reinvented. I have lost a lot of interest in the main series that I used to have.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links