The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 21st, 2013, 05:19 AM
Claire*
Here's to the crazy ones.

Nature: Sassy
So I was wondering what the market might be for two RPs I've even tossing around. I'm not sure if I'm the only über scifi fangirl around these parts, but I guess it couldn't hurt to ask. With the release of the new Star Trek movie soon, I've really wanted to do something in that universe. Now, what better than mixing one of the most popular RP types...*cough* academies *cough* with space ships and aliens? Star Trek even has a built in canon place. "Starfleet Academy". I'm thinking open world on campus, with a well guided and structured main story that provides groupings of players a personalized story along the way.

That was just one. The second one is a little more...hard to describe. In a world quite similar to our own, each player is the ruler of their own country. Each country and leader has their own personalities, foibles and history. The player is part of a greater "UN" like organization that is responsible for dictating global policy. I was hoping to show off the underbelly of politics with scandal, dirty deals, etc. Maybe even a dice mechanic that let's PCs attack one another for story purposes.

Anyway, those are the brief pitches. I'm on my mobile right now, so I couldn't type out everything. Not really sure if I have the crowd for these here. If not, then back to plotting my game of thrones/temerair/pokemon style universe.
Old April 21st, 2013, 05:51 AM
The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
The Sorrow is Sweet, as is the Fruit!
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
I've thought of a similar idea with you guys, though a bit different in details. In my idea, there is a nation in a Pokemon-only world, and there is the evil King who commands armies willing to do as he bids. Here's the thing, though. This is the first Kingdom the world has ever known; mind you, there was no strife to speak of before. This evil that has started with the rule of the King is a completely new thing to the world. So, its residents begun to wonder how it came to be, what is causing it, and such. A group of heroes sets out, looking to find answers and a way to stop the madness.

The Age of Heroes, I would call it.
Old April 21st, 2013, 06:31 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

Nature: Gentle

ADVERTISEMENT

15 yrs have passed after the Johto saga, the world has changed much. Team Rocket is back, only to be challenged by a technologically superior Team Neo who plan to claim what is rightfully theirs. Can a ordinary bunch of teens thwart their plans? Or would they get crushed between the two evil. . . .

Do you love Johto based RPs? Can you take gore, Can you take death, because this RP is not for sissies. Then what are you waiting for?

You can play either Team Rocket or Team Neo or good ol trainers. Remember, your choices throughout the RP decides who will win. It is a dark journey based RP with little level restriction and aimed at mature players. Want more info? Visit my RP today!

Old April 21st, 2013, 06:40 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
@Clair - Both of your sound kind of interesting but tbh I think the first would get boring pretty quick, no offence to you it is a great idea but I don't see many ways to keep the plot interesting. The second would probably be difficult to pull off (imo) but I love it :D

@Ray Maverick - That sounds pretty good actually. Sounds like there will be a lot of politically based RPs coming about.

@Everyone - No details yet but I'm currently working on a new RP for when any of mine conclude xD. More information to come later
Old April 21st, 2013, 04:59 PM
Claire*
Here's to the crazy ones.

Nature: Sassy
No offense taken at all, Gimmie. That's why I was asking for opinions. :3
Old April 21st, 2013, 05:09 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
@Everyone - No details yet but I'm currently working on a new RP for when any of mine conclude xD. More information to come later
Oh darn, now i'm all excited! Details DETAILS!
Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:30 PM
The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
The Sorrow is Sweet, as is the Fruit!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
If I may present you with a more formidable version of my idea.

From the Making, to the Age of Heroes, written by a Pokemon

Arceus created our world, shaped it with his infinite arms. He filled the world with water, raised lands and mountain, he planted the flowers and the trees, so that he may rest in joy. But the world quickly grew lonely. He created the living to walk upon it, us. Pokemon. Seeing how weak and vulnerable the first of our kind were, he filled the world with the fury of the elements and gifted us with their powers, so that we may defend ourselves, from us. But the elements themselves turned against us, fiercely ravaging the world that our god had created. Sixteen Plates rose from each of the elements of the world, circling around him, allowing him control over the world he himself had created. Order came at last, and the world was at peace, but the elements required guarding. He chose a few of us and named them Paragons (AKA Legendaries), assigning them with the mission of guarding the ferocity of the world itself and ensuring its stability. He gifted them with wisdom and brilliance, and great power. But their enormous task, as well as the power they bore, oppressed them in such way that they developed into entities far more powerful than common Pokemon. As our numbers grew over the thousands of years, these Pokemon had retreated to their havens, their forms forgotten and spoken only in legends. Now that the world was under control and stability, thanks to the Paragons, Arceus could rest at ease. He, like the Paragons, retreated to his haven, marking the end of the era which came to be known as the Making.

In the first of societies, we lived in the wild, with our instincts as our guides. As the eras after the Making passed, Arceus stirred from his haven to lay his eyes on our world once again. He saw fit to give us a gift equal to that of life: civilization. Wonders were raised, high as the mountains, cities sprouted across the land and sea, and we ourselves progressed and evolved, gaining new powers, as well as knowledge, more power thus. The first of us built Arceus the Sanctum of the Original One, a place where they would show our faith in his divinity, pledge for his protection and beseech his blessing. Seeing that his work has a decent outcome, he saw fit to bestow a part of his own powers upon the world. We basked in that blessing for years, until corruption arrived. The consequences of our evolution and newfound powers soon became clear. Our abilities broke the equality and balance that was well established – the superior could vastly overwhelm the inferior, now that they had acquired means of the great power lent by Arceus. Hierarchy was created then and the world came to be known as a single vast Realm that was ruled by one Pokemon, presumably the chosen one of Arceus; but that was a false claim they used to boost the faith of their followers - Arceus never consented to such. Tyranny overwhelmed civilization for years and the residents of this realm suffered from the constant wars for the ultimate monarch’s seat.

Until one day, when the living sighed in despair and the dead lay in the ground by the thousands, the Paragons united to put an end to this – they came upon the decision that Arceus's power was too dangerous to be free upon their frail world. They were to seal Arceus’s power, away from the reach of the mortals, but Arceus himself would not approve. After a cataclysmic battle with the Paragons, the Original One was put to rest in the Sanctum, while eight of the Sixteen Plates were parted from the rest and scattered throughout the world by the followers of the Paragons, to ensure his rest was continued and undisturbed. Their efforts to stop Arceus had exhausted them, and so when they had regained their rightful seats in their havens, they slipped into a deep, dreamless slumber, content that the peace and freedom had been restored in the land. Arceus’s vast and overwhelming powers were drawn from the world… but remnants of it still persisted. It appeared in those who carried the Plates, the ones who were guided by the Paragons. Often amongst their descendants, a prodigy would be born, showing great prowess and an affinity for using one of the elements particularly well. They came to be revered as heroes and envoys of the Paragons themselves, destined to carry out the peace they had established by protecting the power of Arceus, keeping it sealed well within the Sanctum of the Original One.

The era that dawned after the seal was put on Arceus's power was named the Age of Heroes.

[/cue the end]

The plot beyond this is quite simple. The Dread (or Dark) Plate is found by the latest King of the Realm and is used to fulfill his evil, visibly, purposes, and a hidden one as well. Now, the heroes starring have the exact opposite goals of the Paragons: they believe that if they wake Arceus, by uniting all Sixteen Plates again, peace will be restored. So, they set out on a quest to find and gather the remaining Plates, while having to deal with this King and many more obstacles along the way.

How does this sound?

Last edited by The Prince of Sweet Sorrow; April 22nd, 2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:37 PM
Nauje
A sofa in San Tropez...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
It's certainly much different to what I was thinking, and also from the normal RP. I love the idea of the plates and the use of Areceus :D overall, looks great. Certainly will get many people interested I feel.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 02:24 PM
DLMuerte
Knight of Time

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
I had something similar in mind for my old PMD RP, but I pushed it back for the sake of having time for it when I get to post it. Except Arceus is rogue and corrupt, not anyone else. I'll probably join that if it opens when I have more time, though. If I can, or if I haven't posted mine yet. XD

Now I've been working on something with the same concept as Branch of Sin from Deadman Wonderland, but with a plot that doesn't revolve around prison (although they are kinda fugitives). It's in my sig, DEADMAN.exe. I'll post a sypnosis or something like Ray did around... Saturday. It has to do with politics. And war. And awesome.

/shuffles back into random shadowy corner

HOMESTUCK

Beta Kids Collab: Dave

rp corner lurker

activity levels: existent

now doing nanowrimo

Homestuck Fanclub

Old April 22nd, 2013, 04:13 PM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

As the walls of FORSAKEN lie in crumbles, I find myself coming upon a slow realization. Perhaps my Roleplays are set /too far/ apart from most of the RPs on PC.

So, with this news leaving me with mixed emotion, I /may/ have an idea for a <<Sword Art Online>> Roleplay...

... Once I can finish the Manga and brainstorm a proper plot, that is.

Old April 22nd, 2013, 05:03 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
As the walls of FORSAKEN lie in crumbles, I find myself coming upon a slow realization. Perhaps my Roleplays are set /too far/ apart from most of the RPs on PC.

So, with this news leaving me with mixed emotion, I /may/ have an idea for a <<Sword Art Online>> Roleplay...

>.> Er, I think it's safe to mention that me & Pink are also attempting to make a <<Sword Art Online>> RP. We've already begun process. That's all I have to say.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~

Last edited by ShinyDiamond; April 22nd, 2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 06:18 PM
Dusk

Well, maybe I can hold off on my <<SAO>> RP for a while, then.

Who likes the idea of Wolf's Rain or Fullmetal Alchemist RPs?

Old April 22nd, 2013, 06:55 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

@Wolf - I don't really know any of those and they aren't based on the same thing as my future RP so it could be interesting to at least read them

@Ray - Do that. Right now. Even if I can't join I want to read it.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 08:12 PM
PsychoJigglypuff
Crazy and Loving It!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to PsychoJigglypuff
I've been thinking about starting a Dangan Ronpa RP, but first of all I've never made an RP before, and second of all I don't even know how many people here know of it, so it might not go too well. Technically, people wouldn't have to know what it is in order to be in the RP, the concept is simple enough to explain, but it certainly would help.

Essentially its about a group of teens who each have a special talent or excel at something (baseball player, gambler, detective, ect.), chosen from around the country to become students at a prestigious academy. However, once they arrive, they find that they have been trapped in the school by an unknown party, and can't leave the school unless they kill another student. It gets more complicated than that, but that's the basic set up. I've been a part of one on tumblr, but I'd like to see how it would work on a forum like this.

Old April 22nd, 2013, 08:28 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Quote:
Well, maybe I can hold off on my <<SAO>> RP for a while, then.

Who likes the idea of Wolf's Rain or Fullmetal Alchemist RPs?
A Wolf's Rain Roleplay please! D:

Will we be able to be Wolves…?
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:37 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

@Psycho - That sounds pretty cool. Just include all the info you need to in the OP.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 05:46 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Nature: Naive
Quote:

There are so weird RPs here that can still work so I don't think there's anything wrong with your ideas. Sometimes things just die.

Also, don't bother with the SAO manga, it's a horribly drawn adaption of the light novel. You should just watch the anime instead, it's a much better adaptation imo, even if it's maybe not 100% true, especially not in chronology. From what I've gathered. Have only sniffed the light novels, though.

Old April 23rd, 2013, 06:19 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
There are so weird RPs here that can still work so I don't think there's anything wrong with your ideas. Sometimes things just die.

Also, don't bother with the SAO manga, it's a horribly drawn adaption of the light novel. You should just watch the anime instead, it's a much better adaptation imo, even if it's maybe not 100% true, especially not in chronology. From what I've gathered. Have only sniffed the light novels, though.
I completely agree with this. The anime is so much better than the manga.
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old April 23rd, 2013, 07:05 AM
Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
@Wolf - I don't really know any of those and they aren't based on the same thing as my future RP so it could be interesting to at least read them :)
Both are Anime, one based around the use of alchemy and politics, the other about wolves in Human disguise heading out on a journey to find true paradise.

Seriously, Wolf's Rain is the greatest thing ever. You must watch/read it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
A Wolf's Rain Roleplay please! D:

Will we be able to be Wolves…?
If we weren't able to be wolves on a Wolf's Rain RP, what the heck would I be smoking!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post

I don't know, I just have this awful track record of unsuccessful Roleplays that die shortly after creation. I /really/ want to turn this around, so I have to try not to be /too/ outlandish with my RP stuffs.

I've noticed it does seem to skip over a ton of stuff, but I'll likely turn to the Anime after finishing the manga (as soon as I convince my girlfriend to watch it with me, she likes it but she just doesn't know it yet).

Hell, if that's a novel, I'm going to have to get that book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
I completely agree with this. The anime is so much better than the manga.
I'LL GET TO IT RIGHT AFTER.

So, Wolf's Rain RP? I do have a plan for this, but I'm mildly worried about how few people actually know what it is and how that will affect player count and interest.

Old April 23rd, 2013, 07:24 AM
DLMuerte
Knight of Time

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
A Wolf's Rain RP would be cool imo.

...I was also thinking of a Steins;Gate RP, but then I noticed how impossible that would be and dropped the idea within five minutes.

@Psycho- That sounds like... I think it was Battle Royale. Don't quote me on that, I've only heard of it (shame). But that certainly sounds familiar. The only problem, I suppose, (I think that this was raised earlier ago) is when it comes time for the RPers to die, if they are to die. That kinda makes me rethink lots of stuff.

I've had lots of RPs that I've thought of where the characters themselves are forced to die in the middle and I always throw the ideas away because that would put one person in the spotlight (and I certainly wouldn't want that), or makes RPers have to abandon their character mid-RP. And because of that it takes me a while to make RPs. I wish there was some way around that

@Wolf- I dunno what you would be smoking. You tell me.

HOMESTUCK

Beta Kids Collab: Dave

rp corner lurker

activity levels: existent

now doing nanowrimo

Homestuck Fanclub

Old April 23rd, 2013, 11:39 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Nature: Naive
Quote:

I've noticed it does seem to skip over a ton of stuff, but I'll likely turn to the Anime after finishing the manga (as soon as I convince my girlfriend to watch it with me, she likes it but she just doesn't know it yet).
Noo! Then the horrible manga will spoil the awesome thrills that the anime can give you! Don't bother with the manga, it was made without correlation to the anime, they are both based on the light novel so the anime is NOT based on the manga.

Haha sorry if I'm urging you a lot xD It's just that it's the truth ;)

Wolf's rain is starting to sound interesting, actually. Apparently there are fans here. Do try it out :3

Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:11 PM
Dusk

FINE FINE FINE, I'll watch it and stop reading.

Wolf's Rain is easily by-far my favorite Anime of all time.

Old April 24th, 2013, 12:58 AM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
What we need is a Walking Dead RP.

Yes. That.

With emphasis on emotions and survival rather than murderous zombie murdering.

Or maybe a Zombieland RP would do.

Just give it to me already ):
Old April 24th, 2013, 03:03 AM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire* View Post
So I was wondering what the market might be for two RPs I've even tossing around. I'm not sure if I'm the only über scifi fangirl around these parts, but I guess it couldn't hurt to ask. With the release of the new Star Trek movie soon, I've really wanted to do something in that universe. Now, what better than mixing one of the most popular RP types...*cough* academies *cough* with space ships and aliens? Star Trek even has a built in canon place. "Starfleet Academy". I'm thinking open world on campus, with a well guided and structured main story that provides groupings of players a personalized story along the way.

That was just one. The second one is a little more...hard to describe. In a world quite similar to our own, each player is the ruler of their own country. Each country and leader has their own personalities, foibles and history. The player is part of a greater "UN" like organization that is responsible for dictating global policy. I was hoping to show off the underbelly of politics with scandal, dirty deals, etc. Maybe even a dice mechanic that let's PCs attack one another for story purposes.

Anyway, those are the brief pitches. I'm on my mobile right now, so I couldn't type out everything. Not really sure if I have the crowd for these here. If not, then back to plotting my game of thrones/temerair/pokemon style universe.

I like the second idea, though I call America! :D
---------------------------------

Also want to do a Final Fantasy RP, I'm wondering which one would be most interesting to you guys. (As in which Final fantasy?)

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old April 24th, 2013, 03:13 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

Nature: Gentle
I am working on a Crysis based RP. It is just a skeleton as of now but here it goes:

The RP takes place between the events of Crysis 2 and 3. CELL has started using CEPH technology to achieve great position in global market, especially in energy. Nanosuits are banned and existing Nanosuit users are being skinned off. New York is getting turned into an urban jungle and CELL is using the vast sprawl for a machine used for energy generation. Opposing CELL's motives are the Resistance, an underground organization who wants to prevent CELL's global domination and rebuild their own paradise. Reports of CEPH uprising are starting to surface. . . .

Players can RP either side of this conflict. Weapon arsenal consists just human technology. This would be a horror themed, survival based RP where each side has its motives and neither can be termed good or evil. Many a situation would need multiple players to cooperate to survive and the players *may* die... Sometimes the CELL and Resistance have to work together against domestic, foreign and alien threats.

Overall, it would be a short, action packed RP but emotional struggles would be a them too!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links