The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 19th, 2013, 09:57 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Hey there Sir Mister and welcome to PokeCommunity :D To trade really, all you have to do is to find someone who has something you want, and contact them about it to work something out, be it by PM, VM, or in their thread. However some people and areas have rules about how they want to be contacted, so be sure to read up on that to prevent any accidental problems in the future. Hmm, since you don't feel ready to set up a shop yet, I'd say don't worry about it for the time being. When you are ready, feel free to post here again, ask a mod, ask for help in the Trade Corner IRC Chat Channel, or even PM/VM me if you'd like. If you'd like to look at some guides and outlines to help you understand what you'll need for a good shop, consider checking out TC's Rules and TC's simple CSS Guide.

To answer your questions:
1) You cannot make a thread just based on a few things you are looking for. The Quick Trade Thread is found here and is used for small posts about what you have to offer or want that does not warrant it's own thread. So if you're looking for or offering just a few things, post it in there. Be sure to read the rules though! A lot of posts get deleted for not following them.
2) In general, people except things that seem to equivalent (i.e. random Pokemon for random Pokemon, Shiny for Shiny, or Event for Event). Of course you could always just make an offer to that particular person and see if they'll accept your offer. If they don't, just try again with other Pokemon. A lot of times this is solely based off your own judgement and the judgement of the other person. Sometimes people will list what they want but when they don't, I'd suggest asking for what they're looking for first. If it's something you don't have, don't feel discouraged! Just make an offer and see what they say.

And don't worry about the questions, they are all legitimate questions I wouldn't mind answering. It's like the sayings I've heard, "There's a time and place for everything" and "There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people" (not that you're stupid of course). In any case I hope you enjoy your time here on PokeCommunity and here in TC. We are the best section here of course. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask them here or just shoot me a message if you want. > 3<

[Also the (technical) 1000th post in TC DCC \o/]

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].

Last edited by tabor62; April 19th, 2013 at 10:18 PM. Reason: hooray
Old April 21st, 2013, 05:30 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
And this is the 1000th reply! Thanks for all the posts, folks ~o~ Let's get trading moving along. I know it's finals for many at university and high school is still in session until June or so.

What can we do to increase your activity?
Old April 21st, 2013, 06:58 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Pffft, June? My last day is May 31st. Why so early? My school has had less days off than most so we could end early.
But in any case, I think perhaps holding some sort of large scale event might help drum up some business activity. Or we could invent a time machine and fast foward to October.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].

Last edited by tabor62; April 21st, 2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old April 21st, 2013, 07:26 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Try to blackmail people with banning for being inactive in TC!
Oh my God, that's such a great idea!
jk

An awesome idea just popped out in my head. I'll try to grind that diamond and will PM you (Mac) here or in IRC/gtalk when the idea clarifies. So awesome 0w0

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old April 21st, 2013, 07:31 AM
Cordelia
Banned

An event is a possibility, what would you guys be interested in doing?
Old April 21st, 2013, 07:47 AM
ClumzyTrainR13
Storm Caster

Here on this thread? Or in the entire Trade Corner Forum?

Black 2 FC:
4256-2299-8658

Old April 21st, 2013, 08:06 AM
Cordelia
Banned

We'd probably start a new thread like the previous events in the Trade Corner forum.
Old April 21st, 2013, 08:17 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

One event I wouldn't want to drum up activity with is another one like the previous two. While it isn't necessary, entries with perfect Pokemon, long stories, and fancy CSS can set a precedant for some people and they'll just shy away from entering. The only two other ideas I have are very basic though, another speed trade or massive giveaway. Also my 3G keeps trolling me by not letting me onto IRC or preventing my post from being posted (this is my second time typing all this out D:<).

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old April 21st, 2013, 08:52 AM
rebelxgirl

Just wanted to say Happy Trading! I'm always up for trading if there's anything I have someone wants, as I'm only at Milstraton City in Black 2, farther in other versions. But any version exclusives are always up for trade. I'm beginning to think people forgot about the older posts in the Quick Trade Thread.

I'd be interested in doing an event, depending in what it is.
And my last day of college is finals week, second week of May. Then I have one online class over the summer. I've been inactive for the last month but I'm trying!

School & stuff is eating away at my life. PM me if you're interested in trading.

I have a Rock type Friend Safari with Boldore, Corsola, & Barbacle. PM me to trade FCs.

Working on my Vivillon collection. Need: Sandstorm, Monsoon, & Savanna
Offering: High Plains (3), Polar (1), Continental (1), Marine (1), & (3) Elegant & unlimited [native] Modern, + all the starters. I have Pokerus if you need it.

I sincerely apologize to anyone I had a trade or something set up with. I got really bad sick in the middle of midterms so when I got better I had to bust butt for school. Please forgive me.
Old April 21st, 2013, 09:41 AM
Absol
Community Supporter

Just... 2... more... weeks... then I can get back into trading again :D Having some kind of event this summer would be awesome. Maybe another speed trade? ;)

(As a side note, sorry guys for disappearing, but I've been really really busy with college. :( )
Old April 21st, 2013, 10:32 AM
Cordelia
Banned

I think a raffle type thing would be fun. What do you guys think? I'll do the raffling with random.org and stuff.
Old April 21st, 2013, 10:40 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

That could work o 3o (and then the regulars here can contribute prizes? )

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old April 21st, 2013, 10:45 AM
Cordelia
Banned

That's a good idea. I can also contribute some prizes but as you are aware I cannot trade right now. :C
Old April 21st, 2013, 10:49 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

That's fine though, I can help pick up the slack. You just concentrate on setting it all up Also, why aren't you on IRC?

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old April 21st, 2013, 10:55 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Bit busy with my studying today. And I can set it all up and everything, I've done it before on other forums back in the day.

On a good note, Shannon (my coworker) is letting me borrow her 3DS! She'll bring it to work tomorrow. :D
Old April 21st, 2013, 11:03 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Yay \o/ Perhaps you can upload any Pokemon you want give away to Pokecheck, send me the .pkms, and I can take it from there? Also, the prizes don't only have to be RNGed mons right? I could also give out some of my events.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old April 21st, 2013, 11:27 AM
twistedpuppy
Siriusly Twisted

We've done a raffle like thing in the past for the get-together. [link]
Old April 21st, 2013, 11:29 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Sounds good, Tabor. Prizes could really be anything.
Old April 21st, 2013, 12:05 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Well I can't really help as much at the moment since I'm on my phone, perhaps we could discuss the more intricate things later? o 3o I can help you with the planning if you'd like.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old April 21st, 2013, 12:28 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Yeah, I'll talk to you on IRC later tonight.
Old April 21st, 2013, 12:59 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Twisty brought this up, we can plan now, but do the event later since people still have school and all the tests and finals and what not are coming up. I'll start thinking of prizes right now :3

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old April 21st, 2013, 02:09 PM
Absol
Community Supporter

I won't mind helping out too if you guys still need some help. I won't be able to do anything until after finals though :(
Old April 21st, 2013, 03:32 PM
Cordelia
Banned

I don't mind waiting until's school's out for summer.
Old April 21st, 2013, 03:35 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

It'll pretty boring waiting, but I guess that gives us more time to plan out more things, work out kinks, and find new prizes.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old April 21st, 2013, 07:14 PM
Necrum
The most dapper evil genius

Nature: Adamant
>.>
<.<

Necrum sneaks back into Trade Corner

I've been so busy and exhausted with work that trading as been really low on my priorities for about 3 months. But now, I am switching to a new job! I should have more free time, and be less tired. So expect my Trade Shop to re-open within the next week!

Sponsored Links