The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 19th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
The only thing that really says bug is its eyes.
I posted a quote from another forum in the Sylveon topic. It gives more analysis that suggests Bug type. I have to keep my original guess of Ghost (call it morals), but I think Bug is what it is now.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 19th, 2013, 07:21 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Ah Sylveon...they should name it the "Enigma Pokémon" in the dex.
Old April 19th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Ah Sylveon...they should name it the "Enigma Pokémon" in the dex.
Ha ha, I lol'd

I wish GF made it easier to understand Sylveon's type. Wouldn't it be funny if Sylveon was something completely random like a rock type.

Gen 6.
Old April 19th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Community Supporter

Maybe the egg is actually a fossilized egg! xD It would be odd if it were rock...
Old April 19th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Maybe the egg is actually a fossilized egg! xD It would be odd if it were rock...
In that case, it would've been more obvious somehow that it was an egg. :( I understand the shape of it, but other than that, it doesn't seem egg-ish otherwise...oh well.

Either way, Rock-typed are too..jagged, I guess? Sylveon seems like a Pokemon that's soft to the touch, so yeah. u__u Though I admit, having it becoming a type we wouldn't otherwise expect would be quite the surprise. xD
Old April 19th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Rock types are more rough around the edges, which Sylveon is definitely not. I think Rock and Ground can easily be ruled out here. Along with every type that has already been taken by the other Eeveelutions. I'm also ruling out Normal, because I doubt that if Eevee were to ever have a Normal-type evolution, it wouldn't look so different. Also, from the latest trailer, it seems to imply that Sylveon is anything but normal.
Old April 19th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Community Supporter

Yeah, those types plus Poison,Steel, and Fighting will be a surprise. Bug, Dragon, Ghost, or Flying are the most likely imo.
Old April 20th, 2013, 03:53 AM
Forever
let it go

Imagine if we discover Sylveon has no type, and rather is a combination/rainbow of all other types. I'm not sure how that'd work but it'd certainly be kind of interesting if it was a rainbow of other types.
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:02 AM
RandomDSdevel

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary's Ho-oh View Post
And how would you react to this idea I just thought of: We know that Generations IV & V game had forms exclusive to versions after the launch versions of same said Generations (Rotom, Giratina, & Shaymin in Gen IV and the Kami trio & Kyurem in Gen V). What if they did exclusive Pokémon available only in a Generation VI version after X&Y?
I'd be fine with that as long as some of the new Pokémon are hinted at in the first games and/or get released to the public with the Hoenn remakes.

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.

Last edited by RandomDSdevel; April 20th, 2013 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Clarified post
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Imagine if we discover Sylveon has no type, and rather is a combination/rainbow of all other types. I'm not sure how that'd work but it'd certainly be kind of interesting if it was a rainbow of other types.
That'll be strange...especially after the ??? type's retirement.

I had this dream in which Sylveon was revealed to be Dragon. Several people were confused, and I explained well Sylveon represents heart, and the heart is "very strong" in Pokémon like the Dragon type, and later said something about how ice freezes dragon similar to how hearts can grow cold. Lol Dreams make more sense in dream world.
Old April 20th, 2013, 10:24 AM
RandomDSdevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
But doesn't that contradict Mewtwo's clone status as clones are created by test tubes rather than live birth?
Um…embryo implantation, anyone?

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
Old April 20th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Yamiidenryuu

Quote:
That'll be strange...especially after the ??? type's retirement.

I had this dream in which Sylveon was revealed to be Dragon. Several people were confused, and I explained well Sylveon represents heart, and the heart is "very strong" in Pokémon like the Dragon type, and later said something about how ice freezes dragon similar to how hearts can grow cold. Lol Dreams make more sense in dream world.
... Actually, that makes some sort of sense. It's also a interesting interpretation of dragon's ice weakness.

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Craftymango
Unhatched Egg

Im so excited for this generation i hope the new mewthree pokemon is goonna be awesome
Old April 21st, 2013, 08:27 AM
RandomDSdevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Route 3 will be part of it, I'd bet.
It was in the trailer…, but what about the other areas shown then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
A lot will depend on where the region is relative to the others. If we find out it's near, say, Hoenn, it increases the chances of a cameo from someone of that region. I do think it's likely that we see some past characters, though. It's been incorporated in past games.
You guys have terrible memories…we already know where it is, sort of: Europe. We also know that one of its cities will be based on Paris due to the fact that the Eiffel Tower was in the trailer's gameplay video. And, since the 'Codename: X/Y' Region is in Europe, it can't be anywhere near any of the other regions: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh are in Japan, while Unova is based on New York City, which is in the United States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapie View Post
Yeah! I just feel the regular forest and cave theme is getting tired (not to say I don't love it). I feel like more types of terrain could be explored further. And yes, more quicksand! More "dangerous" types of terrain, not to kill or damage but somehow mess us up. (like in Rayqayza's tower, the holes in the floor) I got so mad at that puzzle, but I loved it too. I want a good mix, maybe one really really challenging one that will frustrate people and the others could be challenging in a time consuming way or etc.
What would be really cool is if GameFreak were to line up a bunch of holes between multiple floors such that falling through all of them (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past-style, like in the Tower of Hera where there are fairies at the bottom) would lead us to a secret area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impo View Post
I agree, I think they'll definitely be some cameos because of mewtwo

I'm kinda excited! Hopefully Mew can be in there somewhere too
Off-Topic: That reminds me that I still have to find somebody where I live who's willing to trade me one of those babies (I want one in FireRed to complete my PokéDex.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I wouldn't mind stuff like that. I rather liked the Lucky Egg side quest in Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness.
Lucky Eggs were in Generation III?!?!

Last edited by RandomDSdevel; April 21st, 2013 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 21st, 2013, 08:51 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftymango View Post
Im so excited for this generation i hope the new mewthree pokemon is goonna be awesome
The rest of us feel this way :) Although if the new Mewthree forme does suck, at least there's at least 60 Pokemon or so that we can choose from that are likely awesome!
Old April 21st, 2013, 10:38 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapie View Post
Yeah! I just feel the regular forest and cave theme is getting tired (not to say I don't love it). I feel like more types of terrain could be explored further. And yes, more quicksand! More "dangerous" types of terrain, not to kill or damage but somehow mess us up. (like in Rayqayza's tower, the holes in the floor) I got so mad at that puzzle, but I loved it too. I want a good mix, maybe one really really challenging one that will frustrate people and the others could be challenging in a time consuming way or etc.
I agree with what Vapie said here so much. Forests and caves are getting tired. I'm not saying to remove them entirely ─ they are needed terrains ─ but there are just so many other various types of locations and puzzles they can use that I'd actually like to see GameFreak use them.

Ugh, the Rayquaza puzzle was so frustrating, but I can't say I didn't have fun getting through it. I'd like more puzzles that challenge the player to be used more as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
The rest of us feel this way :) Although if the new Mewthree forme does suck, at least there's at least 60 Pokemon or so that we can choose from that are likely awesome!
If Awakened Mewtwo does suck, then one could easily choose not to use it. That's the best part about alternate forms; they're optional.
Old April 21st, 2013, 10:54 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I agree with certain terrains getting tired. I mean, it's hard not to have them in the game, since they're pretty natural in the actual world, and the regions are based off of such. It's pretty much guaranteed that we're bound to see some sort of forest in this region. Maybe if they added some different type of twist to it. Maybe like falling trees (kind of similar to what Unova had, but more puzzle-y)? I don't know, just something to keep it fresh!
Old April 21st, 2013, 12:08 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I just read over at pokejungle that the guy who leaked a bunch of generation 5 pokemon has just said that a new "Fairy" type is going to be introduced, that Sylveon and Xerneas are of that type (Yveltal being Dark/Flying) and that this will all be officially announced some time today.

Pokexperto I think it is.....it's an odd one but if it really is from him there might be some truth to it.

If it is fake he's not really giving himself much time before being debunked....
Old April 21st, 2013, 12:34 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
I just read over at pokejungle that the guy who leaked a bunch of generation 5 pokemon has just said that a new "Fairy" type is going to be introduced, that Sylveon and Xerneas are of that type (Yveltal being Dark/Flying) and that this will all be officially announced some time today.

Pokexperto I think it is.....it's an odd one but if it really is from him there might be some truth to it.

If it is fake he's not really giving himself much time before being debunked....
But according to the Spanish leaker who revealed Mewtwo's Awakened forme, Sylveon will be Flying rather than Fairy type: http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_ho-po..._1853422_s2740

That contradicts the claim of the guy who leaked the Gen V Pokemon.
Old April 21st, 2013, 12:54 PM
Sabrewulf238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
But according to the Spanish leaker who revealed Mewtwo's Awakened forme, Sylveon will be Flying rather than Fairy type: http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_ho-po..._1853422_s2740

That contradicts the claim of the guy who leaked the Gen V Pokemon.
This occurred to me too.

I don't know who to believe.
Old April 21st, 2013, 01:08 PM
Community Supporter

Which one proved more reliable in other words who has a better record?

I don't trust either of them, but that may just be my own bias talking.
Old April 21st, 2013, 01:48 PM
zoroarkrules25

If i remember the rumors correctly they both are about even so it could be either. I am really hoping for a fairy type though.
Old April 21st, 2013, 02:08 PM
Sabrewulf238

Quote:
Which one proved more reliable in other words who has a better record?

I don't trust either of them, but that may just be my own bias talking.
It's possible that both of them are legit and one of their sources was misinformed.

I think I'm more inclined to believe the Fairy type guy (pokexperto) because I'm more familiar with him and his leakage of all those 5th gen pokemon.

That said I'm pretty confused about the whole thing....
Old April 21st, 2013, 02:09 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

This guy does have some credibilty due to leaking the BW Pokedex, I still would treat it as a rumor, but it is a very believable one at that. I see Fairy being a likely new type, and there are many Pokemon that fit into it, and could be retconned to have that type. Yveltal being Dark/Flying I would believe as it seems to have that look about it. Not saying it's real, but believable. I dont know why a guy who has posted a lot of real info would just make something like this up, but we'll see.
Old April 21st, 2013, 02:29 PM
Community Supporter

Maybe they're his own speculation? Often times we tend to make our opinion sound like facts on here...so maybe they're doing that in this case.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here