The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 12th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia all offend me. Heck, I've been known to get rather offended when someone appears to be bullying their friends who are also my own friends. I just see no excuse for that. No excuse whatsoever. I am not a pleasant person when offended.

Instances where I'm not exactly offended do deeply upset me even. I don't like myself, or anyone I care about, feeling like they're under attack or being bullied.

"It loves to bask in the sunlight. It uses the leaf on its head to seek out warm places."
Chikorita

Last edited by Melody; April 12th, 2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old April 12th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Nature: Quiet
I can't say as I get offended all that much, but then again, I've always felt that I have pretty thick skin. I probably get second-hand offended at what people say more than anything, especially behind someone else's back. I'm not the kind that likes to get into confrontations, but if you're going to say something about someone that you wouldn't say to their face, then don't say it at all.

As for anything racist, I always just shake my head when someone makes a remark. Nothing makes you better than someone else because of your race/ethnicity, but I'm not going to get in a war of words with someone if their opinion's already ingrained into them (it always seems to come from older folks in their 50s+).

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old April 14th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
No, I am not offended easily. You can call me anything you want, but it wouldn't have any effect on me since I'm already used to everyone hating me. But at times I'm really sensitive, especially if the offender is someone I love, like my sister or my best friend.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old April 17th, 2013, 02:42 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
I don't really get offended by anything. Certain things may hurt my feelings, but that's an entirely different situation than offence, which I find to be such a nebulous concept anyway. That being said, I'm aware that other people aren't as thick-skinned as me so I make an utmost effort not to say things that may offend other people. As well as this, I get very uncomfortable when people use racist/sexist/homophobic/other stuff in a joking manner; I'm not offended by them, but I just wish people wouldn't say them, even if it's meant in a joking manner.
Old April 21st, 2013, 11:15 AM
Kanzler
naughty biscotti
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I love racist jokes but I hate racist remarks. I think it's all about context. With a good joke you can point out the intriguing differences between two cultures. Racist remarks, as I've heard them, are down-right bloody venomous. Especially when they're directed at you or to someone you love, it makes you want to punch out a couple of teeth and slash their tires.
Old April 21st, 2013, 04:00 PM
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
Uh...i dont know but i think, yes, i am offended when someone offends me lol. I dont know why. But in the end, I just dont care for them.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links