The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 19th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura

Advertise here
Would you, or do you consider yourself a good leader? Why or why not? What kind of leadership style would you think you'd have? ( Cut throat, forgiving, etc.) And are you more often or more comfortable as a follower?
Old April 19th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
Hell yeah! Why? Because I'm the ****ing Overlord, that's why.

I'm a man of action. So while I can plan things out in the wide scope of things, I'm generally better suited to jump right into the mission at hand and lead from there. So I'm more of a front line commander.
Old April 19th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
Nope,i'm not a good leader because i prefer to work by myself..leadership doesn't fit me as i know i'll have to be responsible for almost everything..so meh

Old April 19th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Im much more comfortable as a follower, I don't think I'm good at leading or instructing people, I doubt Id make a good teacher or anything like that.
Old April 19th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
I prefer being second-in-command. Still get to lead, but not all of the responsibility is on you. I like leading and delegating tasks. I'm not the kind of leader who's all take-charge and tries to do most things herself though. I appreciate that everyone has strengths and try to put those strengths to use in anything we do, which sometimes means I get stuck with a lot of the work and sometimes means I end up feeling like I'm not doing enough at all because other people are so much better at the bulk of it.

I'm quite comfortable following, too, but if I have an idea or I think the leader is doing something really bad for the group, I'm not afraid to speak up.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old April 19th, 2013, 11:19 AM
KriegStein
Nuclear Reactor

Nature: Lonely
I also like to be "only" second in command. I oike to mostly give advise, since I know not many would be able to stand my leadership.
I would consider myself as good leader. I would try to be supportive and delegate jobs so that a person can do what he/she knows best. Although I can be realy unforgiving and I cannot stand stupidity at all. So if someone screws up I either try him/her make things alright or Ill forgive or Ill just start punishing. :/ Depends on my mood. But mostly Ill try to be understanding. A bit of a tough-but-fair leader.

Old April 19th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

I haven't been the leader of much, but I would say I have a democratic leadership type. I'm always looking at the feedback of subordinates and crosstalk versus delegation. I lead by example and personality, I would rather have my followers say "yes sir" even before I give the order. I think all I have to do as a leader is to have the clearest vision and be able to communicate this to subordinates - because more often than not they will get the job done. I usually don't rush for the leadership of a group though, I'd rather lay back and let the more aggressive people seize it. But I really dislike who people rush for a leadership position and relentlessly try to keep themselves on top, especially if they do it by limiting feedback and trying to tie the team's interest to his personal one.
Old April 19th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
As much as I think I am a good leader that is not the case.
Old April 19th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Not as good as I wish to be, sadly. I have this constant feeling that I have to be really nice or there will be an uprising or something. It keeps me from actually LEADING so it just becomes one big group mess.
Old April 19th, 2013, 01:54 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I'm too unsocial to make a good leader. ;D

Though back when I was a kid and more social, everyone seemed to look up to me. Whatever I did, they did, as well. That resulted in some problems. x;

I help teach the class that the above happened in, now, but not that age group (technically I don't work there, but there's a shortage of staff and it just kind of happened). I've realized that my best friend's younger sister, who is in with the younger group, has assumed the same role. {:
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)

Last edited by ⊗Slenderman⊗; April 27th, 2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old April 19th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I've always considered myself the leader-type. Even as a kid, I was never one to follow. I would rather lead instead. A quality that I find any leader should have is that they should be able to take orders as well as they can give it. If a leader isn't willing to listen, then they're not doing their job right.

Do I make a good leader? That depends on who you ask. When it comes to getting the task done, however, you can bet your pretty penny I'm getting it done. If you need my help, I'll be there to help. If you need someone to talk to, I'll be there to lend a shoulder.

I'm just not one to follow someone around, especially if I know I can do better. When that happens, I feel like I'm getting held back and that feeling bothers me so much.
Old April 19th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
I am not that good.

At school if there's some kind of groupings Idc if I'm the smartest one I don't to be the leader. :3
Old April 19th, 2013, 02:52 PM
AWsquared
I know what things are.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
I'd say I'm a decent leader, but far from the best. I used to help out with retreats when I was in high school and the three opportunities I had the chance to be one of the leaders, I did an okay job at it. People loved the speeches I gave, but I never really took complete control of the groups I had and just let other leaders do the work. One retreat in particular though, I had to actually step in and be a leader. One of the kids threw up one night and so I had to man up and made sure he was alright and didn't get any more sick. I don't mind being a leader and love to take the opportunity to be one, but I much rather be a followers than anything. My main problem is being able to give commands and being outgoing enough to take charge and involved in discussions. But if I ever get to be a leader again, that's something I'd work my hardest on. (Taking charge and giving commands.) I love being able to help others and showing support though.

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old April 19th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Vital
i can make a decent leader. The only issue I'd have is that sometimes I'm to nice and let things go when I shouldn't have. But I have a bunch of leaders roles that I take a part of like being president of a club and I guess moderating counts as well. So yes. =D
Old April 19th, 2013, 07:26 PM
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
I don't have it takes to become a functional leader. But I'm good at following leaders and sustaining their good actions and deeds.

VM Δ PMPairsDeviantArtPlaying...ClubsTheme
Old April 19th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
I'm more than content with being a follower, giving others the opportunity to take charge, whether it be with some sort of project or even sports. When things start to get off track though, I'm usually the first to step in and try to turn the ship around. At that point, I'll start leading by example by trying my best at whatever it is, and I'll make sure that others are doing their best, too. I won't try and take control over the enitre situation or anything, but show that I'd be ready to if we start falling behind again.
Old April 19th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Sassy
Now, if I remind the lessons from my PE class correctly, I would be an autocratic leader. Very authorative, loud, demanding, etc. I take stress and I turn it into hand actions, loud voices, snappy answers, etc. So, basically, I'm a *****. But that's okay! For me, that's how I deal with things! But, if given the choice, I much prefer to be second in command, the lieutenant. I like being able to delegate responsibility and what not, but I like also having someone to answer to also. Besides, being second-in-command keeps my desire to crush opposing forces at bay, lol.
Old April 20th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Yeah, I pretty much take the initiative to be a leader every time I can and must.
I'm good at taking responsibility so I guess that's why I go for leadership.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 21st, 2013, 04:54 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

I don't have the power to command people. I can't get people's attention either. I can plan and make tactics but I can't really lead.
Old April 21st, 2013, 05:15 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

I've always felt that the IC makes the plans and the vision, and the 2IC executes them. So to me being the 2IC is doing the real work, while if you're in command all you have to do is think hard and bear responsibility.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 06:24 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I wouldn't say that I'm a good leader because I feel more like a follower than a leader, since I'm afraid I might screw things up when I lead others.

Old April 22nd, 2013, 06:26 AM
mimimahboul
More than Awesome

Nature: Jolly
Hmm, I don't know.
I could be a good leader although I follow people more.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 06:39 AM
Rickfields
Togepi

I'm always told I'm everyone's favorite manager at work, so I hope that means I'm a good leader and not a pushover. I feel like I am, I know how to talk and how to motivate people.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 07:16 AM
Starry Windy
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I still have long way to learn what it takes to be a good leader even though I may consider myself to be one, because I don't want to blow it. I think my way of leadership involves talking nicely and sometimes involves forgiving... But I think I would not be one if not for following the leaders and seniors in the first place, since I want to improve more and learn from them.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old April 23rd, 2013, 11:11 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I feel I am a good leader. I have lead multiple teams on different occasions and working towards different goals. :)

Sponsored Links

Advertise here