The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 22nd, 2013, 09:49 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
Wrong Turn 2: Dead End

Good movie, and some pretty disturbing scenes. It's actually a good horror movie that I enjoy. I recommend if you like gore, cannibalism and disturbing scenes.
Old April 24th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Juliet

Anyone here likes Pitch Perfect? That was the last thing I watched and I think it's pretty good~ The songs are nice and rebel wilson plays a really funny character
Old April 24th, 2013, 10:25 AM
ZetaZaku
AEUG Pilot

Last movie I watched from start until end was Boyz from the Hood on TV. Seems like a generic ghetto movie. Most scenes were predictable, but the movie was still entertaining.

PM for Happy Hour Smeagles
Old May 7th, 2013, 12:38 PM
dannichols
A Theodore Tugboat Fan

The last movie I've seen in theaters as of today is Rise of the Guardians. The last movie I've seen on home video is Hotel Transylvania.

Two amazing kids series from the 1980's.
Old May 7th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Role Models

I've wanted to see this movie forever and I'm so glad that I got to because it's hilarious. It actually taught me a few new phrases that I strive to use in mature conversations.
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Esper

Iron Man 3. I don't know how much I can say without spoiling anything, but all around it was a good movie verging on fabulous. There were some great exchanges between characters. Not the same ad libbed dialogue, but still great. This one felt the most "comic book" of the Iron Man films, and as much as it irritates me a little that they changed somewhat from the (relatively) grounded portrayal or science and superpowers and all that in the first two, I can accept the changes because this is a post-Avengers movie. I don't know if I like it more than Iron Man 2. I might. Probably. More than anything it made me want to rewatch Kiss Kiss Bang Bang which has the same leading man and director and if you're seen it you'll immediately recognize that director's hand in this movie.

deviantart blog pair
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Burgundy
Classy C-Class Sommelier

Nature: Brave
Gattaca! It's an excellent movie!
Old May 8th, 2013, 06:06 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
I last saw The Kings Speech as it was on tv, so we recorded it. I found it was a pretty decent movie, and it has some particularly entertaining moments in it. Hurrah for loosely-based-on-history films!

Haven't seen anything in the cinema for ages... not sure if I saw anything after that Batman film tbh.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old May 25th, 2013, 01:20 AM
Aurora
Gives me more EDGE

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Skype™ to Aurora
I decided to re-watch Les Miserables. Despite its high melodrama and length, it's a good adaptation of the musical, and by extension, the book. I could watch it multiple times more!

server modblogmy lovely pair <3twitterfighting for social justice • skype me: auroracr9826
Old May 25th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
The last movie I watched was Mirror Mirror on HBO a while ago with my sister and my dad. It's funny, and I like funny movies, so 10/10.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old May 25th, 2013, 08:03 AM
antemortem
resign to your demons

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to antemortem
The last movie I saw was The Great Gatsby last weekend.
[4:32:35 AM] Shinx: my nipples are permanently erect
Old May 25th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Recluse
The Harbinger of Solitude
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Last sunday I was watching "The Grey" with Liam Neeson. It entertained me, but overall it was meh. Everything was too focused on wolves as a main danger imo.
Old May 25th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
Watched my favorite film for the first time in years last night, Kids Return.
Old May 25th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Esper

After seeing Star Trek Into Darkness last weekend I went and watched the old Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. It's one of the better old Trek movies, but kind of slow. Not a lot happens in it.

I also finally saw the last Twilight movie just to see how that trainwreck finally ends. The only thing I'll say about it is that I wish I had seen that in theatres so hear all the shocked cries of fans.

I also saw Anna Karenina, which was better than I'd expected. (I don't like Keira Knightly so I don't seek out any movies she's in normally.) It makes me want to reread all those old Russian novels with their hundred pages talking about farming... yeah.

Oh, and I saw Cowboys and Aliens. Which was a good popcorn movie. It's not quite The Fifth Element quality popcorn movie, but there was nothing bad about it. I don't see why the critics hated it.

deviantart blog pair
Old May 25th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Sandshrew4
Also known as Sandwich

Nature: Careful
Last movie I watched in a theatre was Star Trek: Into Darkness. I loved it, it was amazing!
I also just saw Little Man Tate on TV, and it was one of this nice, heartwarming family films.
I strongly recommend both.
Old May 27th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Muani
miau

Nature: Docile
Earlier today, I re-watched Evangelion 2.0
I really like Eva.

Yesterday, I was watching a Pokemon movie, with Zoroark in it.

blog

currently looking for shinies!
Old May 31st, 2013, 12:59 PM
The_Consumer

Due to exams, I haven't watched a film since Easter holidays.

It wasn't even good, Open Water 2: Adrift.

Bleh...
Old May 31st, 2013, 01:04 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Machete

Good movie, but I really thought Machete would be an unstoppable killing machine but he's a regular person who doesn't take **** from no one and a part time badass. Still a good movie nonetheless but the trailer actually seemed much better.

7/10
Old May 31st, 2013, 01:08 PM
Tetrakeet
Lilligant's Caretaker

Nature: Careful
The Hobbit. Great movie if you like fantasy and adventure settings. It also has great comedy to lighten the seriousness. The next part probably won't be so happy though, as we (Hobbit readers) all know it will end bad for a certain person in the end.

Old May 31st, 2013, 01:16 PM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
Last night I saw a truly disgusting movie that must never be spoken of again.
Old June 1st, 2013, 06:24 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
Last movie I watched was The Hangover part 3.

If you enjoyed the first two and like that sort of humour I highly recommend it. It had a different feel from the other two yet it managed to remain very entertaining and somehow, despite its differences, stay true to the original.

As always the portrayal of the characters was perfect xD

Last movie I watched was The Hangover part 3.

If you enjoyed the first two and like that sort of humour I highly recommend it. It had a different feel from the other two yet it managed to remain very entertaining and somehow, despite its differences, stay true to the original.

As always the portrayal of the characters was perfect xD

Last edited by gimmepie; June 1st, 2013 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 1st, 2013, 06:42 AM
abarai
Howl, Zabimaru !
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to abarai
The Life of Pi

Very entertaining movie. I adore that tiger =3, the animal trainers did a brilliant job as id the cgi artists. Highly recommend it.
We at this moment head into the decisive battle. Have faith that our blades will not shatter. Have faith that our hearts will not waiver. And even if our paths should diverge, we all share a heart of iron.
Trade Shop Friend Code Credits

Last edited by abarai; June 1st, 2013 at 07:13 AM.
Old June 1st, 2013, 07:16 AM
AlecGW
Unhatched Egg

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
I love this movie so much and I watch it quite often. The humour is just amazing.
Old June 1st, 2013, 11:07 AM
Mukkamoto
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Last watched Fast and Furious 6 (after marathoning the previous 5)
Think it was a good follow up to Fast 5, had its moments but probably was missing something. Nicely tied up ending too (they tried to link it well and i think it was good)
Old June 1st, 2013, 03:19 PM
Awkward.
#britanna

Nature: Sassy
Last thing I watched was Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Lightning Thief as part of the Mythology section in our English class (Mythology in English - who would've guessed?)

I can easily say it was a fantastic movie. Most people say it looks dumb, but it's very tastefully done. It's got good humor, is accurate in relation to the myths, and has some pretty awesome fight scenes (my favorites were probably Medusa and the Hydra, and when Annabelle totally beat up Percy during Capture the Flag xD), and had a good ending too. I honestly loved every bit of it, and cried a bit when Percy's mom was crushed by the Minotaur (judge me). It might be from a few years ago but it's still amazing.

My only qualm was that it could have been a bit longer, as it was over pretty quickly. Nonetheless, still great.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here