The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 4th, 2013, 10:08 AM
molo
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
Can anyone give me a hint as to how to get the mining kit to go underground? I can't seem to find it.

Also regarding the garchomp you are supposed to lose to, isn't this method possible?
get a ghost type who knows curse
buy a focus band from the dept. store and equip on ghost type
lead with the ghost type and hope that the focus band works so you can use curse. (If not, you could close the game and retry).
Stall the next few turns until his garchomp dies.
Old April 4th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Ashka
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Can anyone give me a hint as to how to get the mining kit to go underground? I can't seem to find it.

Also regarding the garchomp you are supposed to lose to, isn't this method possible?
get a ghost type who knows curse
buy a focus band from the dept. store and equip on ghost type
lead with the ghost type and hope that the focus band works so you can use curse. (If not, you could close the game and retry).
Stall the next few turns until his garchomp dies.
Do you mean the mining kit to mine rare items from the shining rocks? It doesn't actually go underground, but you get the same items as you would in the underground in DPPt. In that case, you get it - guess where - underground! In a place you've been before, in an area only accessible with a certain TM (and badge) which you didn't have at the time.

Also, yes, it is possible to win against Garchomp that way - that's almost exactly what I did. Solaris does have like three Full Restores but if you bring a Sturdy user or two (not difficult) you should be able to stall long enough. He doesn't give much exp at all but he does give a good chunk of cash. This is probably the best method, since Perish Song isn't easy to have by this point (if you have a lvl 50 Kricketune, it's your lucky day!) and Destiny Bond is, I think, completely unavailable at this point.

Last edited by Ashka; April 4th, 2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old April 4th, 2013, 02:00 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Quote:
Originally Posted by aco View Post
can someone help me how i bet aya with my team
When your Pokemon don't listen to you, it's definitely going to be tough. o-o Might be best to train something else to that level that'll be good against her, and that way you have something else to help soak up the EXP so you don't breach the level cap too much.

...although I'm surprised you have levels that high across the board as is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashka View Post

EDIT: Also showed a Chimecho to the guy on Azurine Island but I can see no way to actually get into the cage to take the Bulbasaur.
It should open if you "talk" to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ligerre View Post
Where is zorua? I cant find it anywhere. The wasteland sidequest is awesome, and how the hell that a lv10 gasly can make an illusion that beat the **** out of my team (thank you intimidate).
Speaking of Illusion, Zorua probably won't appear in its own form...
But yeah, Ghastly's a huge troll. Maybe it just hypnosis'd you and you imagined the whole thing or something, idk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagamiChan View Post
o.o
10 Gyms to go, then I can finally explore Pokémon Reborn *o*
Awh, well, I'll try to hurry~
Old April 4th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Ashka
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
...although I'm surprised you have levels that high across the board as is...
I had that problem with Aya's gym too, I think the main problem is that there are a ton of trainers in Apophyll so you gain a lot of levels and people expect to get the badge from Kiki so they think there's no problem. I think this section is a pretty long stretch to go without a badge - that said, I managed to beat the gym, but it took a lot of tries since my pokemon were being jerks.

Quote:
It should open if you "talk" to it.
I tried that first thing (I should have said that), but nope, nothing happens. I'm not crazy about Bulbasaur or anything, though, so I'm not that concerned out about it right now.

Last edited by Ashka; April 7th, 2013 at 01:30 AM.
Old April 5th, 2013, 03:36 AM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmethystRain View Post

Awh, well, I'll try to hurry~
No need to rush xD I waited until now, I can wait from now on too xD

"We will kill your enemies. That will be fun."
Old April 7th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Lucario505

Any hints out there?
Tepig? (volcano?)
Mudkip? (marshy island?) lol, I can never remember these names xD

Also are there any time exclusive [event] pokemon? Like some only appear morning/day/night? And day exclusive pokemon? (Mon. - Fri., Sat. - Sun., etc.) Maybe that's the main reason I can't find some of these guys.

Elekid event still not working for me ._." Gone three nights in a row with this rain and nothing. The only event that has worked up there was the Gligar one and that was just out of coincidence.

By the way I finally found Ralts. Hint- It's not so much about being kind, so much as it is being generous. (I lost count of how many times I was being "generous" since episode 4)
Old April 9th, 2013, 02:21 AM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashka View Post
I tried that first thing (I should have said that), but nope, nothing happens. I'm not crazy about Bulbasaur or anything, though, so I'm not that concerned out about it right now.
Found why and fixed it for the next release. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario505 View Post
Also are there any time exclusive [event] pokemon? Like some only appear morning/day/night? And day exclusive pokemon? (Mon. - Fri., Sat. - Sun., etc.) Maybe that's the main reason I can't find some of these guys.

Elekid event still not working for me ._." Gone three nights in a row with this rain and nothing. The only event that has worked up there was the Gligar one and that was just out of coincidence.
There are a number of time-exclusive things, yeah. Specific days, not so much. For now.

I'm not seeing anything wrong with Elekid's event though... Remember, it isn't rain Elekid likes, but the electricity that comes with it- and it doesn't always come with it.

Also... New title screen?
The old one was silly and arbitrary. Therefore-
Old April 9th, 2013, 07:07 PM
hanabluebird

I've finally finished episode seven! I've never loved Gallade and Marowak as much as I have during that battle with Aya . . . .

Though I do have a small question for later episodes! I'm assuming one of the later wards will be including snow(Fingers crossed), though would there be a chance to get a second Dawn Stone as you find one in the Wastelands? I litterally spent ten minutes debating over saving my Dawn Stone for a Froslass later in the game or go for my top fighting/psychic.

Edit: Also, someone before mentioned a ghastly and I've been searching like crazy for it >< Anyone have a hint?

Last edited by hanabluebird; April 9th, 2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old April 9th, 2013, 08:12 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

If nothing else, things like that will be purchasable at the department store once you have enough stickers
I'm on the fence as to whether to include an extra, although thinking about the stupid number of areas I still have left to do I'm sure I'll be needing more items laying around, so probably.
Old April 14th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Nevfx
Unhatched Egg

This looks INCREDIBLE. A Youtube I follow started a video series of this game and linked me here. I have downloaded it and will play now :D
Old April 14th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Paper Heart
Unhatched Egg

This game is so amazing! I love the world and the characters, Cain especially. Was he actually based off anyone from the Reborn community? Just curious because the gym leaders are actual people, so...

Anyway, I started the mudkip sidequest in the wasteland, and I talked to the man in the building who said there is a secret tunnel in grotto. I've been looking in the grotto for hours, and I haven't found any secret tunnel that I'm assuming the mudkip will be in. I've checked the place where the ghastly was too. Help? ;A;
Old April 15th, 2013, 07:07 AM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Cain was, like the other characters in the game, originally a leader as well, so yes. Because we had had multiple leaders of X type over the years I worked others into other places in the game, i.e Cain fit well as a rival type. So yeah, he was someone real~

Okay so as mentioned a couple pages back, I took a shot at making one of these support userbar things for you guys! I've updated the first post, but here, too:
Support!

Code:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=289351][img]http://www.poke-place.com/userbar.png[/img][/url]
If anyone else wants to make one and if I find it nice, I'll totally put it up too. c:
Old April 16th, 2013, 01:23 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

There's a pretty good chance of me increasing the level cap in that area in the future, but for now I have to play it low until I see where the levels reach in the later areas. This is a long game, and if people start getting to 100, then it's GG for me
I'm sorry you're finding it frustrating though. :c

I know someone has found a dawn stone...
Old April 16th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Lucario505

For the Dawn Stone look around at the objects after one of the Wasteland subquests, it's not in a Pokeball like regular items, it's a hidden item which makes it a little harder to find. It's kind of in plain sight once you get there. Just think- shiny, bright, color (not necessary the color of the stone itself though, just a bright color in general).

As for the one asking about the Mudkip sidequest, can you tell me how you started it?? I haven't seen any other character in the Wasteland besides the three back at Aya's house and the old man that tells you the history of the Wastland (nothing about Mudkipz). I luv them thingz!! x3
Old April 16th, 2013, 04:06 PM
JojoBloops
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Naughty
I'm having a blond moment... the move tutor is located in ____ ward..?

Edit: I found it. For all those who need to find the move tutor, she is a house in Onyx next to the Arcade. (:

Last edited by JojoBloops; April 16th, 2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old April 16th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Tip: Whenever you see a rock, jar, ...etc, interract with it. You might find a hidden item.
Old April 17th, 2013, 08:27 AM
JojoBloops
Unhatched Egg

Finally beat Aya! Boy was she one tough cookie.. Can't wait till Of Fathers Lost! @o@
Old April 19th, 2013, 02:26 PM
JojoBloops
Unhatched Egg

This game is so amazing @o@ I really hope that it stays active. I know you wanted the games to be all inclusive, and X and Y are soon to be released.. but please don't let that stop progress. I'm so addicted and check back every day for updates @w@
Old April 22nd, 2013, 10:18 AM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Yeah, I don't have any intention of dropping it or anything.
I am hugely interested in including the 6th gen Pokemon, but that's going to be largely dependent on how sprites and such work out after the new games, and what kind of support Essentials gets for that when the time comes. Also, being that Reborn is a Pokemon site in itself, I may have to take some time off from the game in October to get our Pokedex up and running with the new gen. c:

As for checking everyday- glad to know I've got your attention ; but lemme save you some time. I'm looking at an early June release for the next episode. Thanks to term finals etc I won't and haven't been able to move forward as quickly as I would have liked.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:47 AM
Bang
Unhatched Egg

The hack looks pretty good!
I like it very much
Im downloading the playable version :0
good luck!
Old April 22nd, 2013, 02:49 PM
JojoBloops
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmethystRain View Post
Yeah, I don't have any intention of dropping it or anything.
I am hugely interested in including the 6th gen Pokemon, but that's going to be largely dependent on how sprites and such work out after the new games, and what kind of support Essentials gets for that when the time comes. Also, being that Reborn is a Pokemon site in itself, I may have to take some time off from the game in October to get our Pokedex up and running with the new gen. c:

As for checking everyday- glad to know I've got your attention ; but lemme save you some time. I'm looking at an early June release for the next episode. Thanks to term finals etc I won't and haven't been able to move forward as quickly as I would have liked.
I've read quite a bit of your actual site, it's what got me so interested in the game in the first place. Including the 6th gen pokemon sounds like a whole lot of work, and will definitely make the game even more inclusive, just with GF dropping the static sprites it sounds difficult.. Not to mention I imagine flamboyant Cain will be attracted to any cutesie poison types that may pop up XD And possibly new gym leaders for any new types. I'm just glad you are so dedicated to the game and site, and wish you good luck! :D
Old April 24th, 2013, 08:37 AM
guardna
Unhatched Egg

"Muuuuuud......kip!"
"Muuuuuud......kip!"

The little devil keeps teasing me but I can't find him...
Old April 26th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Dragon-Tamer795

I found a glitch. There's a child on the other side of Beryl Bridge who tells me I've defeated a Drifloon.

I haven't even seen a Drifloon.

I have caught a
Spoiler:
Shuppet in Beryl Cemetary
though.
I've defeated Corey, and saved in the Pokemon Centre just before the bridge, so can this be fixed before I continue? Not having found it worries me that it can't be found anymore.

...Are the graves names of people who left Reborn? "Sir Nasterisk Grasterisk" certainly doesn't sound like a real person's name. (If it is... oops, and apologies :/)

And one more thing- could I possibly have the notation for the Reborn City music? I'm something of an amateur musician, and I'd like to try making a remix of it for you.

Looking forward with great anticipation to episode eight!
Old April 27th, 2013, 11:31 PM
JojoBloops
Unhatched Egg

Where does one find a friggin sentret? >>
Old April 29th, 2013, 11:38 AM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon-Tamer795 View Post
I found a glitch. There's a child on the other side of Beryl Bridge who tells me I've defeated a Drifloon.

I haven't even seen a Drifloon.

I have caught a
Spoiler:
Shuppet in Beryl Cemetary
though.
I've defeated Corey, and saved in the Pokemon Centre just before the bridge, so can this be fixed before I continue? Not having found it worries me that it can't be found anymore.

...Are the graves names of people who left Reborn? "Sir Nasterisk Grasterisk" certainly doesn't sound like a real person's name. (If it is... oops, and apologies :/)

And one more thing- could I possibly have the notation for the Reborn City music? I'm something of an amateur musician, and I'd like to try making a remix of it for you.

Looking forward with great anticipation to episode eight!
Yeah, I've known about that glitch for a while, and fortunately I was just finally able to fix it like, two days ago, so that's set for the next episode. Thanks though.
As an addition to that, if anyone was jipped out of their Drifloon as a result of that glitch and feels particularly strongly about it, I'd be happy to reset it for you, just send me a PM with your save file.
((But let's wait until after the next episode for that so that the glitch doesn't reset too. >>))

The graves- are actually the IRL names of some of the more influential members of early-Reborn's development. That is our site community; it was a little shout out to to them. There are a couple exceptions, Nasterisk being one of them. That one is in reference to a user we had who went by the name N8theGr8, and one day someone held shift a bit too much and he turned into N*theGr* so ever since then I've called him Nasterisk instead of Nate.

If you have some music composition that can open Mp3's the City music will be in the Audio folder... Otherwise if you have Fruity Loops I can send you the .flp if you'd like. I probably won't be able to write it out myself since I really just play by ear... Regardless, I'm remixing it myself as well. That dull piano theme is just a base as I re-do the music ward by ward (although the melody did become the Opal Ward, so you can hear the full version there). Not sure if that helps though...

On an unrelated note, Kurapika- I finally activated your thing at the other place. We were really running behind on that; sorry.

Good luck Sentret-hunting! Maybe someone else knows? c:
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here