The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 21st, 2013, 06:22 PM
Buizels
Unhatched Egg

It's come to my attention that a lot of the pokemon trainers out there don't like buizel. I just don't understand why, buizel is an awesome pokemon. Sure he's not the strongest, but he gets the job done. When people ask who my water pokemon is in my party and I tell them Buizel, they just laugh at me and say how weak it is. My buizel could hold its own against any pokemon I guarantee it, people just need to be more open minded and give buizel a chance.
Old April 21st, 2013, 06:43 PM
zdude18
Lone Wolf

Nature: Relaxed
with sinnoh being my favorite, i cant see why people would diss on buizel. hes probably the best water type in that region minus empoleon.
White 2: 3397 3474 0556
Old April 21st, 2013, 06:54 PM
Buizels
Unhatched Egg

Thanks for understanding! Sinnoh is also my favorite, and buizel is one my favorite pokemon, I don't understand why people don't like him, but hey, haters gonna hate
Old April 21st, 2013, 06:59 PM
zdude18
Lone Wolf

had i not chosen piplup in platinum, theres no doubt i would have gone with buizel as my water type. his design and animation in white 2 is really cool as well.
White 2: 3397 3474 0556
Old April 21st, 2013, 07:41 PM
Aslan
the pretender

I love Buizel, personally I think it's a great water-type! I guess people hate Buizel because of judging on what other people say. You know there are always those people who complain about certain Pokemon and how they serve no purpose in the game and then try and spread their opinion around, some people just automatically believe what that person says and dislikes Buizel without giving it a second chance. I guess there are also a few haters of the new generation who in general don't like any of the Pokemon, complain about how the original generations were the best etc. etc.

But we also all have different tastes in what makes a good Pokemon and I guess some people just don't like Buizel and that their will always be someone who hates a certain Pokemon. But yeah that's my opinion. n__n

I'M A LEMONDOG.
you can find me on plug.dj
the battle server | skype
rawr
Old April 21st, 2013, 07:57 PM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Nature: Sassy
I love Buizel but honestly it does look pretty dorky. It's still a great Pokemon though, and with a ton of good moves available early (Quick Attack, Water Gun, Pursuit) it is a pretty good asset, but unfortunately that's really its peak time as Floatzel is more mediocre in comparison to other evolved Water-types.

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now
or I'll get physical with you

Old April 21st, 2013, 10:13 PM
Playful_Weasel
I just want to play!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
I don't hate it - I never will, its one of my favorite Pokemon in the world, #1 favorite outside Unova - and its also based on a weasel (my favorite animal in the world). In most of my games I will try to keep Buizel with me. [also my Buizel plush is next to me on the pc, next to my other sea otter based Pokemon] - edit: 5-11: Buizel is my #2 favorite Pokemon just behind Dewott.
Watchog's #1 Fan!!
PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
- FC on Trainer Card
Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill

Last edited by Playful_Weasel; May 11th, 2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old April 21st, 2013, 10:40 PM
Champloo
RNG Expert

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Champloo
Where'd you hear this?!?! Buizel is an awesome Pokemon

I've used it a number of times in competitions and came out on top because of it

Haters gon' hate

RNG, the skill for the well informed
Old April 22nd, 2013, 05:58 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Everyone hating Buizel is a very exaggerated statement. I, for one, think it looks cool and does rather decently in battle.

Old April 22nd, 2013, 06:05 AM
Treetwig
Banned for being awesome

Nature: Jolly
Buizel is awesome pokemon it really helped me on my pokemon diamond
Old April 22nd, 2013, 08:23 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

I don't think I've ever heard of any particular Buizel hate, tbh. I don't really have any opinion towards it though - I can think of a lot of other Water types that I would rather have on my team so I probably wouldn't use one, but certainly don't hate it.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 10:36 AM
coolcatkim22
Route 35, there I am.

Nature: Brave
I like it okay, it's not that interesting.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - The Dungeon Master/Ragewar
Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:23 PM
Nottingham
We are on the cruise!

Buizel hate's a thing? Is it because Ash used it? That's not very good reasoning if so; Ash used a Charizard too you know.
I used it in my Platinum party and it was helpful. Plus Floatzel's design is all sorts of ironic and I like that in a water weasel.

~SamuShinoda~
Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:44 PM
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Nature: Timid
Really? I've never heard this opinion before. >_<; My guess is that people tend to prefer "strong" pokémon, kind of like a Silver mentality. I guess it's probably outclassed by Gyarados or something. That's never stopped me from using my favorites though, so just go with what you like. In fact, Buizel's the first pokémon I bred for IVs and did EV training. ^-^

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old April 22nd, 2013, 02:01 PM
EGKangaroo
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
I absolutely love Buizel. I have no idea where the hate may come from. I guess in some communities (like that thug-place that calls itself DA) Buizel is a pretty overused character because he's just so freaking adorable, which kind of puts him in the group of other pokémon deemed to have "too many fanboys" (Along with Dragonite, Lucario, Pikachu, Umbreon, Charizard, etcetera) and must thus be despised because it's so overrated and it has way too many fans, and even though a lot of people like it, they do not and they think their opinion has more value than theirs, and they're clogging up the internet with their buizelness and all of that kind of obscure hipsteristic...genwunner...stuff. That's literally the only reason I could possibly imagine anyone hating Buizel.

Buizel is among (Slowbro's cuter and sillier) the awesomest water pokémon I know. They're super cute and all and they have such an upbeat appearance. And still have a cool nonchalant expression most of the time.

"And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
"Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."

Old April 22nd, 2013, 03:36 PM
lmcde22

i don't get it either. Buziel was my all time favourite water type from Gen IV. it was just so damn cool. but theres not much you can do. haters gonna hate
Old April 23rd, 2013, 07:59 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Huh? For what reason would anyone hate Buizel? o.O
It's not really useful in-game Pokemon having only one evolution but using his Swift Swim in rain works pretty well.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:41 AM
Warship
異議あり!

huh do people hate buizel? i find it cute personally and havent heard of any particular hatred for them. also along with starmie floatzel has the highest speed out of water types so that's a cool trait.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:01 PM
Captain Falcon
Gotta go fast

Nature: Lax
Buizel hate? Never heard of such a thing.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:23 PM
LittleCubone
Unhatched Egg

Not gonna lie. I've never used Buizel and I've never wanted to. My opinion isn't based off of what people have said. I just despise Floatzel and don't like to play with infection Pokemon. Though off-topic... if Pokemon were real... Buizel would probably be my water type
Old April 23rd, 2013, 10:58 PM
Yankas

Its Attack is rather mediocre if not outright poor, and its defenses are below the average of much more offensive Pokémon. Its only great stat is speed and even that is not all that great in-game.
So my question is: what's not to hate? It's a downright awful all-out attacker with less offensive capability than most defensive water-types.

So it's design which, I don't find that appealing, is the only real reason to use it over other DPPt-waters like Gyarados, Palkia, Gastrodon, Azumarill or Empoleon
Old April 24th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
I love Buizel! It is adorable and is one of my favorite Sinnoh pokemon. I also used one in my Pearl and I loved it. It was a great part of my team.

Again, it is adorable. I mean, look at it!

Old April 24th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Torrentblade
Bring on the flood.

I love the combination it uses when you use it's reasonably high speed combined with a quick attack or a STAB water gun+mystic water technique.

Adopt a pokemon at virtuadopt.com.
and, this Is Trashtench. The evolved form of garbodor...
Old April 24th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Marisa
Love Sign "Master Spark"
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Marisa
I like Buizel
It has a nice appearance being an otter with 2 tails, has good offensive stats, good typing and a nice evolution.

What's to hate?
Old April 24th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Tackle
Pancham

Who hates Buizel? I'll kill him/her! Buizel's cute and has good defensive. It design's awesome.

Feel free to VM / PM me, I'll be sure to reply your messages!

Paired with ForeverDash, MidnightShine, Shadowraze, Daniel Evans and Hoenn.

Also known as Clown of Hearts.

Join Castelia City Forums now!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links