The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 21st, 2013, 08:23 AM
RyuKai
Unhatched Egg

Thats what I was referring to, the IV stat wasn't passed down.
Old April 21st, 2013, 08:31 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuKai View Post
Thats what I was referring to, the IV stat wasn't passed down.
Was the other parent holding a Power item? That may be the solution here.

For example, if one parent is holding a Power Bracer and the other a Power Anklet, either the Attack IV of the Power Bracer-holding parent or the Speed IV of the Power Anklet-holding parent will be passed down.

Old April 21st, 2013, 08:47 AM
RyuKai
Unhatched Egg

No the other one is holding nothing I even removed the ever stone thinking that might be affecting it.
Old April 21st, 2013, 09:42 AM
DragoniteGirl
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
My friend traded me an egg earlier, it was hacked to be a shiny Caterpie egg.
I've tried running around with it for a while, and it only says "It looks like this egg will take a long time to hatch." and when I go to its profile, it says "Caterpie" as its name

Will it hatch, or would it just end up being a bad egg, I'm really worried about this.
Old April 21st, 2013, 09:27 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoniteGirl View Post
I've tried running around with it for a while, and it only says "It looks like this egg will take a long time to hatch." and when I go to its profile, it says "Caterpie" as its name
Well... that phrase is almost always premonition of bad egg unfortunately...
And with Pokemon name as name, it's even more probable...
Old April 21st, 2013, 09:49 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoniteGirl View Post
My friend traded me an egg earlier, it was hacked to be a shiny Caterpie egg.

Will it hatch, or would it just end up being a bad egg, I'm really worried about this.
What Ash said. Tell your friend that hacking Eggs like that is just bad news.

I once triggered a pair of Bad Eggs that froze the game when I went to look at its info. Trust me. You don't want this Egg to hatch. Get your friend to take it back and then use a cloning code to clone something on top of it. That'll get rid of it.

Cyclone

Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:32 PM
mozartm99

Nature: Lax
I need a water type for my W2 team. I am just now finishing my 3 gym and have a pretty solid team thus far but no water.
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:45 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartm99 View Post
I need a water type for my W2 team. I am just now finishing my 3 gym and have a pretty solid team thus far but no water.
Have you considered Psyduck? They're uncommon in Floccesy Ranch. It learns Psychic moves by level up in addition to its Water STABs, which is neat, IMO.

Old April 22nd, 2013, 02:12 PM
mozartm99

I has considered that guy. I have seen more than one person on youtube use a marill chain, are they good?
Old April 22nd, 2013, 02:18 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
I has considered that guy. I have seen more than one person on youtube use a marill chain, are they good?
Azumarill can be good, just make sure it has the ability Huge Power.
Or you could catch an Eevee in Castilia City and evolve it into Vaporeon.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 02:24 PM
mozartm99

Why must there be so many options!?!?! I am wanting to get one that is not a big slow wall of a thing if that thins it out a bit.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 02:31 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Why must there be so many options!?!?! I am wanting to get one that is not a big slow wall of a thing if that thins it out a bit.
If you're willing to wait, Floatzel and Starmie come later in the game.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 02:47 PM
mozartm99

I think I am going to go for Vaporeon. Thanks for all of the help.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:05 PM
ilias_

I have two little questions! Sorry if they have been answered before!
Where do I find Thundurus in Black 2? Also what are those Abyssal ruins? Do I have to solve any mystery? Thank you in advance!

Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokemon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:10 PM
Hikamaru
→ make a wish

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilias_ View Post
I have two little questions! Sorry if they have been answered before!
Where do I find Thundurus in Black 2? Also what are those Abyssal ruins? Do I have to solve any mystery? Thank you in advance!
I'll answer for you.

1. No, you can't catch Thundurus directly in Black 2. You need to trade one over from the original White or, if you have a 3DS, you can get one in the Pokemon Dream Radar app.

2. The Abyssal Ruins are located in Undella Bay, and can be accessed by using Dive in the dark spots. You don't get the Dive HM until after you beat the E4 and Champion but you can catch a Wailmer or Seel and have it learn Dive by level-up. Also, you don't need to solve any mystery but you can pick up some neat items you can sell to a guy in Undella Town for big amounts of money!
And not forget where you’ve come from

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:11 PM
tabor62

Nature: Timid
1) The only legitimate ways to obtain a Thundurus in Black 2 is to either trade with someone who owns one or to obtain one from Dream Radar if you happen to own a 3DS and have the game.

2) The Abyssal Ruins is a location in Undella Bay (you have to use Dive) where you have a limited amount of time to explore an underground ruin and find items. I'm fairly sure there is something else there but I just don't remember what.

EDIT: Sniped again >.<

Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:17 PM
ilias_

Thank you for the answers guys! Really helped me! Although, my mistake! I did not mean Thundurus but Tornadus! haha Sorry
I searched for Tornadus everywhere! I still cant find him. Thanks again and sorry for the mistake!

Friend Safari:
Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:19 PM
tabor62

Unfortunately it is the same with Tornadus as with Thundurus and Landorus. You cannot obtain any of them in Black 2 or White 2 without trading with someone that already has them or get Dream Radar for the 3DS.

Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:21 PM
ilias_

Oh! I see! So there are not any roaming Pokemon in Black 2? Oh! Thank you very much!

Friend Safari:
Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:24 PM
tabor62

No, unfortunately not. I feel like I'm dragging this question out and I need to get to sleep, but head over to the Quick Trade Thread and post a trade request. Someone may take notice and may want to trade with you or help you out. Just make sure you read the rules and what not.

~~signing off

Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:07 AM
d-rizzle
Unhatched Egg

Hey, guys!

I'm in a bit of a bind, and I'm hoping someone can help. I have recently been playing Pokemon Black 2, and I frequently use the pokemon global link, and play on the dream world, to get pokemon. Last night, I played on dream world, made a wish at the tree, closed the game, but decided that I would get the pokemon today, as I was pretty tired. So, I didn't wake my sleeping pokemon up. I got up today, turned my game on, tried to waken up, but found out that the network is undergoing maintenance and that my tucked in pokemon couldn't be woken up until it was completed. Since then, however, I have completed the game and want to start over.

If I start over, while a pokemon is tucked in, could it be harmful to my game?

P.S. I also posted this thread in the gaming central section. Apologies for that, I never noticed this section, and think this thread would be better off in here. Sorry, again.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:18 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Maintenance is on until 9 p.m. ET today. I presume dreaming Pokémon will be maintained, but it's possible any sleeping Pokémon will be woken up as well, as this has been done before in cases of long updates. Also remember you can only access the DW for one hour each day, so if you leave and try to return over an hour after starting your session, you're locked out. You have to do everything in that hour. However, I don't see that being your problem as you're just trying to wake up from the game. You have to wait until after 9 p.m. ET.

I made my trip to the DW late yesterday and woke up before the maintenance to prevent any problems, so the 20 hour period literally covers the entire 18 of the maintenance. My earliest access will be when the maintenance is scheduled to end. You CAN wake up after 9 p.m. ET and send another Pokémon to dreamland for your next "dream". That won't be a problem. The question is whether the data will be kept during the maintenance.

Thus, try after 9 p.m. ET (for reference, it's 1:18 p.m. ET right now, so in 7 hours and 42 minutes from the time or this post) and see if your Pokémon is still there.

UPDATE: Pokémon Global Link is back now, so try again!

Cyclone

- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Last edited by CycloneGU; April 23rd, 2013 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Now after 9 p.m. ET and a new post would merge, so editing.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:19 PM
Trainer Evan
Loses lots, but keeps trying!

So I just bought a copy of Pokemon Black 2 because I need something better to play on my new XL3DS, but am getting constantly plagued about an hour in by a LEGITIMATELY GAME BREAKING GLITCH. The first glitch of this magnitude, or glitch period Ive come across playin a pokemon game, or ANY Nintendo First Party Title. It's terrible. Need help.

Situation is that when I go into a battle, even against other trainers, and tap, or select the "Fight" option, and then select or tap the move I wish to use, instead of my pokemon using the move it brings up the description and stats of the moves I select, with no means of continuing. I can back out and try again, but the same thing happens. It's happening consistently, and I have to sit there for minutes, fiddling around or changing pokemon until the move finally works when I hit it, like it's supposed to. It's as if over half the time I go into battle and select the "Fight" option the game system is confused and thinks I'm in the "Check Moves" tab of the interface. Any help would be appreciated.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:27 PM
Treetwig
Banned for being awesome

Nature: Jolly
Hmm about the second suitation make sure your not pressing the L or R buttons because that also happened to me long time ago
Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:46 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetwig View Post
Hmm about the second suitation make sure your not pressing the L or R buttons because that also happened to me long time ago
Is that how you bring that up? I've had it come up once in a blue moon and couldn't figure out how to do it when I wanted to; this is useful information. I'm going to test this.

TEST COMPLETE. Make sure you're not holding down the L button. The R button does nothing. Holding down the L button brings up the move details as you select the move, while not pressing that button causes the move to execute as normal.

Cyclone

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links