• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Ah yes I have a copy of that page in here with me. Even the one about adding 255 Diplomas. But can't we do something like display them order to make an illusion of animation without the press of a button?

Like this:
Display diploma1
Display diploma2
etc.

Just without pressing a button.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Ah yes I have a copy of that page in here with me. Even the one about adding 255 Diplomas. But can't we do something like display them order to make an illusion of animation without the press of a button?

Like this:
Display diploma1
Display diploma2
etc.

Just without pressing a button.

Well, you would need to rewrite the routine which displays the diploma to loop through, each time bringing up a new image. Most likely would require some type of ASM.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Hello guys, I need some help. I made a simple talking script for my hack. When I open the game with VBA, talking to that person does nothing. But when I open the game with No$Gba, the script successfully works.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Well, you would need to rewrite the routine which displays the diploma to loop through, each time bringing up a new image. Most likely would require some type of ASM.

Okay Thanks!

NEW QUESTIONS!
1) Is it possible to make an item that will let you access BILL's PC with JPAN's Clean FR Patch(not the engine)? I tried special 0x3C but it will just always return me to the Start Menu. :(

2) Is it possible to make an item that can raise a Pokemon Stats by holding it? (Like an armor and *hit) Same conditions as the one above.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
NEW QUESTIONS!
1) Is it possible to make an item that will let you access BILL's PC with JPAN's Clean FR Patch(not the engine)? I tried special 0x3C but it will just always return me to the Start Menu. :(

If you ran the PC script wholesale from the item it should work. Can't see any reason why not. Problem is, that means tracking down the script pointer for the behaviour byte for that tile. That's not easy.

2) Is it possible to make an item that can raise a Pokemon Stats by holding it? (Like an armor and *hit) Same conditions as the one above.

Yes, but it's complex and would require a fair bit of ASM and knowledge of the battle engine.

Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2017
Well, to prevent leaving the town by fly, you could run a map script which, when a flag is set (grunts are in the town) uses a simple ASM routine (very, very simple actually) to change the maps type for the time being to indoor. Then you can't fly!

To prevent people from flying to the town, you need to clear the map flags associated with the fly location of said town, which you can reset later.

Fantastic, thanks :D and am I right in thinking that you can set where you go when you lose a battle with asm, too? I think I'll be spending my time learning ASM for the next few weeks xD

karatekid552

Years
Fantastic, thanks :D and am I right in thinking that you can set where you go when you lose a battle with asm, too? I think I'll be spending my time learning ASM for the next few weeks xD

This one is quite simple: it is a scripting command called "sethealingplace". Look it up in one of the XSE tutorials, since I am too lazy:p.

Never mind.....
thethethethe said:
sethealingplace:
Sets the place where the player is warped to once he or she is out of usable Pokemon.
Hex Structure: [9F] [xxyy]
xxyy: Place.
Codes only for FR/LG
[0100] - Map [4.0] or Player's Home
[0200] - Map [5.4] or Viridian City Pokemon Center
[0300] - Map [6.5] or Pewter City Pokemon Center
[0400] - Map [7.3] or Cerulean City Pokemon Center
[0500] - Map [8.0] or Lavender Town Pokemon Center
[0600] - Map [9.1] or Vermillion City Pokemon Center
[0700] - Map [10.12] or Celadon City Pokemon Center
[0800] - Map [11.5] or Fushia City Pokemon Center
[0900] - Map [12.5] or Cinnabar Island Pokemon Center
[0A00] - Map [13.0] or Indigo Plateau
[0B00] - Map [14.6] or Saffron City Pokemon Center
[0C00] - Map [16.0] or Mt. Moon Pokemon Center
[0D00] - Map [21.0] or Rock Tunnel Pokemon Center
[0E00] - Map [32.0] or One Island Pokemon Center
[0F00] - Map [33.2] or Two Island Pokemon Center
[1000] - Map [34.1] or Three Island Pokemon Center
[1100] - Map [35.1] or Four Island Pokemon Center
[1200] - Map [36.0] or Five Island Pokemon Center
[1300] - Map [31.3] or Seven Island Pokemon Center
[1400] - Map [37.0] or Six Island Pokemon Center

If you ran the PC script wholesale from the item it should work. Can't see any reason why not. Problem is, that means tracking down the script pointer for the behaviour byte for that tile. That's not easy.

JPAN's clean patch removed all scripts too, so I'm pretty sure the PC script was removed too.

Robin: If you can find it in a regular clean FR rom, you could just recompile it back into your rom. It isn't that hard to find, just takes some creativity. I've done it on Ruby.

Last edited:

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
JPAN's clean patch removed all scripts too, so I'm pretty sure the PC script was removed too.

Surely he wouldn't have removed scripts like this which would inherently break the game? Only people with ASM nous would be able to replace them, which is inherently very unfair. You may be right, but if so, then that patch is one of the worst patches available.

karatekid552

Years
Surely he wouldn't have removed scripts like this which would inherently break the game? Only people with ASM nous would be able to replace them, which is inherently very unfair. You may be right, but if so, then that patch is one of the worst patches available.

Here; I shall find the script in a clean rom and then search for it in his hacked engine (just for anyone who doesn't know, the hacked engine is based on the clean patch).

It is just a regular script, so it really doesn't take asm to write. Just a knowledge of all of the specials.

Edit: On a clean FR rom, the PC script is at 0x1A6963. Now I shall search for it in the cleaned rom.

Edit2: Jambo, I was semi-wrong, it does exist in the game at said offset. However, it is only 156 lines. The script in the regular FR rom is 238 lines. So, I don't know what exactly was removed.... Probably those lines and small snippets of code which are used often by many different scripts.

Edit3: The entire section where you can check your pokedex and all related strings and small code snippets that go along with it have been removed. Did JPAN mess with the specials that deal with this so he took a precaution on it? Or do you think those parts were shared with other scripts?

Edit4: Here are both scripts to save some time:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Here; I shall find the script in a clean rom and then search for it in his hacked engine (just for anyone who doesn't know, the hacked engine is based on the clean patch).

It is just a regular script, so it really doesn't take asm to write. Just a knowledge of all of the specials.

Edit: On a clean FR rom, the PC script is at 0x1A6963. Now I shall search for it in the cleaned rom.

Edit2: Jambo, I was semi-wrong, it does exist in the game at said offset. However, it is only 156 lines. The script in the regular FR rom is 238 lines. So, I don't know what exactly was removed.... Probably those lines and small snippets of code which are used often by many different scripts.

Edit3: The entire section where you can check your pokedex and all related strings and small code snippets that go along with it have been removed. Did JPAN mess with the specials that deal with this so he took a precaution on it? Or do you think those parts were shared with other scripts?

Edit4: Here are both scripts to save some time:
Spoiler:
Well it was included in one of the notes included in JPAN's Hacked Engine

Spoiler:
But this is if you apply the Behavior Byte Hack of the tool.

Does it run smoothly even without the Pokedex Thing? The script you found?

Well, another question. Which is better to use FR Clean or Hacked Engine?

karatekid552

Years
Well it was included in one of the notes included in JPAN's Hacked Engine

Spoiler:

But this is if you apply the Behavior Byte Hack of the tool.

Does it run smoothly even without the Pokedex Thing? The script you found?

Well, another question. Which is better to use FR Clean or Hacked Engine?

If you click on Professor Oak's PC, then it just says "link closed" if you choose to rate your pokedex. Otherwise, it works fine.

It depends: Do you want the features offered by the Engine? If so, then take it. If not, just use the clean one.

Also, that problem you (?) had, where the player was always fishing, I'm getting that. It only happens when you use already saved save files. It doesn't occur when just starting a new game.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
If you click on Professor Oak's PC, then it just says "link closed" if you choose to rate your pokedex. Otherwise, it works fine.
Okay.

It depends: Do you want the features offered by the Engine? If so, then take it. If not, just use the clean one.
Maybe it's better to use the Hacked Engine.

Also, that problem you (?) had, where the player was always fishing, I'm getting that. It only happens when you use already saved save files. It doesn't occur when just starting a new game.
That's what I said. I have problems when playing it with a saved game.

karatekid552

Years
That's what I said. I have problems when playing it with a saved game.

Looking at DavidJCobb's posts and JPAN's instruction manual, the vars used for his runtime trainer customization are vars which were previously used for scripted events that have been removed (vars 4080-408F). So, they must have been set to something else which is what caused the problems with the sprites. Just reset those to 00 and they should work fine.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
When I use trainerbattle 0x01 in a script the DNS by Primediagla stops working after the battle, until you enter and exit a house. Any reason why? trainerbattle 0x0 works fine however o_O.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Since my question was on the last post of the last page, I think it got skipped. So I will post it again-

Hello guys, I need some help. I made a simple talking script for my hack. When I open the game with VBA, talking to that person does nothing. But when I open the game with No$Gba, the script successfully works.

Years
^ I don't think you will get a good help if you don't post the script here! ;)

My question is: Is there a way to increase the shinies encounter chance? How about if I want to give a certain trainer a Shiny Pokémon?
EDIT: Also, sorry for asking too many times. >.< But, is it possible to make a battle not send you to the Pokécenter if you lose? ... The only way I can do it so far, is using that 0x9 battle (or was it 0x3?) the one where the wild Professor Oak annoys you with his boring talk. lol
Anyway, I don't think it would be easy to be done if it was possible... So, is it possible to make a script that does some Hex editing? To allow me to, say, edit the description/effect/...etc of a Move and such.

Last edited:

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
There is no problem with the script because it works fine in No$Gba. The problem is that the script doesn't works in VBA.

karatekid552

Years
Since my question was on the last post of the last page, I think it got skipped. So I will post it again-

Your question was not skipped, I saw it, however I had no answers. Though, I just thought of a possible reason just now: are you, by any chance, hacking Emerald?

Also, please do post the script, there could be something funky in it that VBA doesn't like but No$ does. Don't just assume that since it worked on one, that it wasn't the script's fault.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
No, I am hacking FireRed. It also has JPAN's hacked engine applied. Here is the script but as I said before, it is just a simple talking script-

'---------------
#org 0x162601
msgbox 0x816260B 0x2 '"I have heard that you can get your..."
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x16260B
= I have heard that you can get your\nfirst pokemon from PokeAgents in\lGENESIS City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back