Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation
Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Old April 23rd, 2013, 04:09 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7

Advertise here
As we all know, it is impossible to transfer any Pokémon from generations older than generations III to the generations III games. One of the reasons for this is a drastic change in how the games worked, changing IVs, EVs and more. But would not having all these changes be worth it if you could trade with the older versions? Do you like how they did it? Did the remakes make up for it?

Discuss!

So sneaky~
Old April 23rd, 2013, 05:02 PM
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
I don't think I minded much because the remakes covered all that up for me. I prefer to have all the updated mechanics with the Pokémon I trade instead of not having them if I were, to let's say, trade between G/S/C and R/S/E. Battling and stuff of that nature was much easier to do in the older generations because the mechanics were so much simpler to understand, but now I believe one has to strategize a bit more if they want to win a competitive battle, for example, so I really like the upgraded mechanics now because it makes the games more challenging.

Last edited by Gyardosamped; April 23rd, 2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old April 25th, 2013, 03:28 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I would have much preferred the way they did it to using the older mechanics. The new mechanics were a big upgrade from what we had before, and to be able to trade with older generations wouldn't be worth it. Plus the remakes made up for it in the end.
Old April 25th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
Considering how big of a technological leap there was between the second and third gen games, I really didn't have a problem that we couldn't transfer Pokemon over. Even if they did decide to give us the option to send our Pokemon to the 3rd gen, they would've have to been given a random ability and nature, and those that had high IV's in G/S/C would be considered average at best with the overhaul.

All in all, while it would've been nice to theoretically have Pokemon from Red and Blue be useable on the fifth gen games, I understand the challenges they would've faced to try and make it possible. Plus, getting FireRed and LeafGreen because of it is more than a fair trade off.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: DARK // NORMAL
Old April 25th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
I was really sad since I couldn't get in my Johto and Kanto Pokémon up there. And forget getting a GameCube and buying Colosseum, that's out of the question. Speaking of which, the Remakes didn't make up much, since some Johto Pokémon still weren't available.
~
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here