• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Re-Match System in X&Y

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
The First two games of any given Generation usually don't allow players to rematch past opponents or Gym Leaders. Would you like X&Y to break this tradition? What would you like to see in the Games? Trainer's Eye, the VS Seeker etc?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I really want to bring the Vs. Seeker back. It made grinding so much easier, plus it was nice being able to cause rematches whenever you needed to. Of course, Audino made grinding easier already, but I'd love to see the Vs. Seeker just make a return. It was more fun battling trainers over than grinding against the same Audino over and over. It was a little more variety I guess =P

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It'd be nice to have rematches rather than entirely new modes of play. That way, instead of restarting and destroying all of our Pokémon, we can just go and rebattle everyone time and again, even all the way up to Lv.80 or Lv.90.

Cyclone

Guy

just a guy
Years
I don't see the point in using rematch battles as an exclusive to third game versions anymore. It was a nice addition in the past, but there's a lot more they can add for a third version or sequel without having to withhold rematches from the first two versions. So, yes, I'd like to see X/Y break the tradition and allow players to battle trainers and gym leaders on numerous occasions. Bringing back the VS Seeker would just be a godsend on their part.

gotron228

^_^
Years
A Re-match system would be a nice feature in X and Y, especially the VS Seeker. It made levelling Pokemon so much easier using that thing in Leaf Green...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I also agree with Cyclone in a way. I'd like it if they got stronger each time you faced them, that way, it would help your grinding a lot. I mean, it wouldn't necessarily help if you VS seeker'd a trainer and the highest leveled they had was like, level 20 Pokemon and you needed help grinding your lv 40 Pokemon. .___.
They won't do it like that. Even on Johto's earliest Routes, a Vs. Seeker rematch was around Lv.34.

Cyclone

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
I think that vs seeker would make lvlng of pkmns very easier, though it was fun. I would like the pokenavi system from r/s/e to make a comeback. It good to see that trainers and gymleader would call us occasionally for a rematch. Also, what i really want is that the region champ should call the player occasionally for a battle, so that we don't have to go over the e4 to battle champ.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Well, i talked about the region's champ only, not cynthia or steven/wallace..
Also, alder can't be fought outside the league. His grandson umm.. uh.. i forgot his name. He could be fought twice only.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
His grandson is Benga, I believe.

In B2/W2, Alder CAN be fought in Floccesy Town. You must defeat the E4 first, then he wants to challenge you as Champion. Then Benga comes along and you learn about another challenge you can do.

Alder returning in X/Y would be nice, like Cynthia in B/W.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
VS Seeker would be good to see again, but any sort of rematch system would be okay as long as it isn't just phone calls because that's seriously irritating to have to track people down when they call you etc. So ya all for VS Seeker, or any other sort of system of rematches.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
VS Seeker would be good to see again, but any sort of rematch system would be okay as long as it isn't just phone calls because that's seriously irritating to have to track people down when they call you etc. So ya all for VS Seeker, or any other sort of system of rematches.

Definitely agree with this. Having to register a limited amount of people into your Phone like you did in GSC, plus the computer controls when you very rarely (at least for me anyways) get to rematch them? No thank you. If anything, I'd even settle for Match Call, since at least all you had to really do was go back and forth between a route to get new trainers to be willing to have a rematch with you. Of course, Vs. Seeker is still preferred!

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I'd really like it if characters randomly become available for rebattling. I hate travelling to find them (constantly).

It definitely needs to be something that's considered for inclusion- there's only a certain amount of patience I have when battling wild Pokemon.

Years
The Vs seeker was the best rematch system ever introduced in a Pokemon game in my opinion. It made grinding much easier, and it was so convenient, I would love to see a return from it in X & Y.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
We need to be able to rebattle the gym leaders and elite 4 with higher level pokemons and more pokemons, no challenge mode.

Years
I see a lot of you like VS seeker. I like it too. It needs to come back to X&Y. Also I would love to re-battle the gym leaders whenever I like.

Back