The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 16th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

As we all know, Gen 6 has been announced! What sorts of cats and dogs do you expect to see in Gen 6?

Well, I don't really know. I mean, cats and dogs themselves are expected, but what kinds and what types they are, no one can really say. There are soooo many different breeds of cats and dogs, it's hard to say what their designs will be based off, and the only typing I can really think of is Normal. Of course they can be based off of mythical creatures based on cats and dogs, like the hellhounds of Hades and stuff, but no one can really predict which ones they are gonna use, and what types they'll be and all. I'm hoping for some good Pokemon though, especially on the cats' side, considering how weak they usually are :(

Last edited by Olli; February 16th, 2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old April 11th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Galoria
Moo~ ♪

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Galoria Send a message via Skype™ to Galoria
Meoooow meoow <3

Username:
Galoria
Do you preferer dogs or cats: I would go for dogs, they're faithfuly :3
Your partner: Eevee
Answer the current topic:
I think they'll make more kitties. Because, to be honest, as a asian being, I love cats, and I think cats are too rare in Pokémon. As Lucario Arcanine Ninetales etc...They're more dogs look alike than Skitty. So yeah, I think they'll try to put one or two kitties in the new Gen.
Old April 12th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Oh hi! Nice to have a new member.

We should probably change the topic.

Why do you think cat and dog Pokemon are often so weak?
Old April 19th, 2013, 11:44 AM
KriegStein
Nuclear Reactor

Nature: Lonely
Oh god its been ages since I posted here... :'D oops.
Why do you think cat and dog Pokemon are often so weak? I think its because most of them are Normal type....I guess. (although most are not) :D Haha. But I guess they are mostly used as "filler" pokemon...you know those that are always everywhere hiding in grass. I realy dont understand it either...I mean there should be atleast few more strong cats/dogs. Thats something I would like to see in 6th gen.

Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:43 AM
Pichu02
Pichu of Power

Nature: Bashful
Name: Pichu00
Do you prefer cats or dogs? Cats. Meow!
Partner: Purrlion
Answer to current topic: Cats and Dogs are often favorite animals. I think they are trying to encourage people to play the games.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:18 PM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

Why do you think cat and dog Pokemon are often so weak?

Well, compared to a lot of other animals, cats and dogs aren't exactly the strongest. A lot of them are also accustomed to the life of pets (here in the real world that is, which may also be the image they're going for), which I guess kinda weakens them, as they aren't always on guard and hunting and such, and the most distinctive thing that remains of the wild animals they once were, are their congenital instincts. Cats and dogs are also really "generic" animals, and just seeing how many of them there are, it'd make sense not to make all of them too powerful and such. I mean, they kinda form a parallel category to Bug Pokemon, since there's a lot of them, and they're all based on real-life animals, although there aren't quite as many as there are Bug Pokemon, and it just wouldn't really make sense to give them their own typing.

But yeah, that's not to say that all cat and dog Pokemon are weak, as there are some strong ones (mostly belonging to the dog category), but they are generally quite weak. As I said, I think it may be because they're such a large group, and making the weaker ones stronger would just kinda make things unbalanced, as it could be on scale with making Bug types stronger.

...sorry I'm rambling so much s_s
Old April 26th, 2013, 04:47 AM
FiersomeLucia
The Blue Skies Will Appear...

Nature: Lonely

ARF! MEOW!
What Is Your Username? FiersomeLucia
Do You Prefer Cats Or Dogs? I prefer both.
Who Is Your Dog Or Cat Starter? I love Zorua!

Why Do You Think Feline/Canine Pokemon Are Often So Weak?
Pokemon are supposed to be like wild animals, right? I guess those of the Pokemon who look like our everyday pets are referred to their animal counterpart; in this case, Domestic.

I knew the fact of saving something is really hard. It’s almost impossible no matter where I look at but in destroying something, which I’m very good at. Am I really born to ruin everything?
Old May 3rd, 2013, 03:47 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
Name: Cirno
Do you prefer cats or dogs?: Caats, meow meow! They're both adorable though. :3
Partner: Skitty
Why do you think cat and dog Pokemon are often so weak?: They're the two main pets in the real world.. I guess they translated that into their stats, which makes sense to me. They're weak since there are so many of them? Wouldn't make much sense to make many of them stronger since they're so easy to find; as Olli said, it'd be slightly unbalanced.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links