The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation

Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 1st, 2013, 06:34 AM
glaceonnn
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Lt. Surge's Gym (3rd). It was just to annoying trying to literally guess my way though
Old April 1st, 2013, 02:21 PM
Wobbu
Imaginary Friend

Nature: Relaxed
When your bag is filled with Key Items that can't be disposed, so whenever you find an item you can't collect it because your bag is always full. That is why I can't stand playing Gen 1 games (and the fact that I can't save anymore).
Old April 1st, 2013, 06:05 PM
epidemix18
Unhatched Egg

Your bag would get too full way too fast. And the stupid useless TM's were always the ones that took up all the space. Sigh... Best improvement they ever made in a subsequent generation was to add pockets to the bag.
Old April 1st, 2013, 09:06 PM
Sonkitts

These games are basically unplayable for me in this day and age.

Too many faults, but it's first Gen so it gets a pass. The whole inbalance of typing is just, well silly. The Ghastly line, oh what could have been...
Old April 10th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Mr. Magius
  
Community Supporter Tier 5

Yeah, I hated Lavender Town because of its music. Music has always affected my mood in video games more than most people, and Lavender Town's extremely haunting tune and purple backdrop just scared the hell out of me going there. The music isn't bad now, but back then I just couldn't..

And apart from everyone else, I hated the Seafoam Islands. I was never good at solving puzzles as a child, so moving boulders into holes using Strength was a struggle for me. As far as I remember.
Old April 10th, 2013, 04:32 PM
AnjinMiura_PL
Challenger Extraordinaire (?)

Nature: Lonely
Well, as of Lavender...music back there was really creepy, although I kinda got used to it and never really been scared of it. However, and here is a lollish story, once (guess I've been 11 or 12) I played Pokemon Red with Polish translation, so I could understand stuff. And then, once I've beaten Marowak-ghost in Lavender, that message popped up, about Marowak departing to afterlife, in Polish, so I could understand it at once...

And I've been like...damn, I almost crapped my pants and started crying. Honestly. Dunno why, it was altogether one of most scary thing I've ever heard at the time. Pokemons, afterlife...I'm leaving! I just saved the game, turned it off and played it again like a week or two later.

Yeah, now that I can into Englishness everytime I see dat line about Marowak's departing to afterlife I'm like "Hey, it's creepy. A bit.". And then I again imagine me like seven or eight years ago, being scared to death and burst into crazy laugh, sheding a single tear of reminiscence. It were fun times indeed! Ghahah!

But I've really been horrified back then. Absolutely astonished and shocked to ultimate death because of scary things. Just thought I'd share dat little story with ya folks.

And except of that bag getting insta-full.
Old April 11th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Naturalles
OHHHHHHHH!!

Nature: Quiet
In Yellow, having a Pikachu starter following you everywhere.

I wish other Pokemons did that too. :C
Old April 13th, 2013, 09:04 AM
TwoFacedGaming2013
Unhatched Egg

The S.S. Anne by far! For some reason I used to forget which way to go and it would take forever!
Old April 18th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Trx45XD
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Timid
Definitely Rock Tunnel. By far the most annoying town transition ever. If I didn't bring repels or train too much, I would always exhaust resources and most likely faint. It was annoyingly tedious to go back after fainting, and honestly... I got lost in that cave a few times...
Old April 18th, 2013, 12:30 PM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
For me it would have to be either the Rock Tunnel or Victory Road. Although I think any pokemon with the move wrap was also very annoying (If memory serves me right I think one of the Elite 4 had an Arbok or something similar that would kill any of my slow guys by spam wrapping...erk)
Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:38 AM
Venusawr
Unhatched Egg

Back when I first played the game when I was younger, Misty was a true pain. I could never seem to get past her Starmie, which had a 6-7 level advantage over all the rest of my Pokemon. This was back before I had a sense to grind, of course.

Me: "Yay...it's almost dead....it's almost dead"
Misty used SUPER POTION
Me: ARGGGGGGHHHHH!
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:20 PM
PichuRules4ever
The TF2 Pyro

Nature: Jolly
Brock in Yellow. Pikachu was practically useless and I was too lazy to catch a pidgey I didn't feel like wasting Pokeballs on Nidorans and Pidgeys. It took me a week to grind it enough to beat Brock with about 50 Quick Attacks. While still very difficult,it was SOOOO much easier in blue using Charmander.
Old May 5th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Hidden Power

Two things over-annoyed me in R/B/Y.

First is Lt. Surge's gym. That puzzle is a pain to solve and GF didn't even change it in FR/LG.

Second are all the moves that trap or asleep foe. GF fixed them in the nex Generation.

Last edited by Hidden Power; May 5th, 2013 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 8th, 2013, 01:24 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
As I walk in the route just before Mt. Moon and suddenly a girl looks at me and approaches several steps...
"Eek! Did you just touch me?" B**** WTF???

Also:
-Zubats/Ratattas/Tentacools every 2 steps with no escape feature
-Having to battle five human beings in the Elite FOUR
-Douchebag Gary Oak
-Snorlax
Old May 12th, 2013, 03:08 PM
JordieBo
Unhatched Egg

Having to empty your bloody bag all the time!
Old May 12th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
For me that would be the Silph Building. Being a 9-year-old kid, those warp fields made me go crazy and i really had no sense of orientation. Tbh i still pretty much hate that part of the game

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 12th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Clacla
karp karp karp
Community Supporter Tier 5

The only thing that annoyed me in this generation was replaying the games recently and not having Running Shoes. You travel at a snail pace until you get the bike.
Old May 13th, 2013, 07:41 AM
j_Woo
Patnogonian

Nature: Hardy
Ever had a faster opponent use wrap/bind on you? T.T Worst experience ever

^Play these, they're mo betta^
Old May 13th, 2013, 10:02 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Most of my gripes with the first generation are in comparison to later generations, features that were missing, and so on.
Primarily, it's the lack of an EXP bar, and a Pokéball appearing beside the name of a wild Pokémon that you'd already caught. Largely inconvenient.
Along with that, there's the very primitive PC Box system, and the fact that TMs don't have their names, just their numbers. All of these things were fixed in later games and it's not fair to consider them 'flaws' since they were present in the first release, but they were still very annoying.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old May 13th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Shaturu711

Nature: Gentle
The introduction. When the game starts and Oak lectures you about Pokemon, I close my eyes and speed press the A Button and the intro still passes by slowly. Meh. Maybe I'm just the impatient type.

Quote:
Eeveextreme Club Profile:

Username: Shaturu711
Partner Pokemon: Umberon

Titles: [None]
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:40 AM
TheBShue
Unhatched Egg

Probably the fact that Gary always picked your Pokemon selections weakness. Like cmon man... how about I pick Charmander and you pick Bulbasaur for once! Switch it up lol except for yellow of course when you're stuck with Pikachu... which has to be the best game because you can actually get the other 3 starters through out the game!
Old June 1st, 2013, 05:02 AM
JawDane
Here for the Nostalgia

Pokemon Mansion without a walkthrough is hell. Especially when you have a noticeably weak team for that area and all you come across is Raticates that use Hyper Fang
Old June 2nd, 2013, 03:52 AM
Scotash!

Rocket hideout and all that insufferable spinning,
Old June 18th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Red|The|Cham

THE POKEMON LEAGUE/FACING THE CHAMP GARY CAUSE ITS SO HARD TO BEAT THE ELITE FOUR!!!!!!

For me the Elite FOURS cause theyre so hard to beat

Last edited by Red|The|Cham; June 18th, 2013 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 19th, 2013, 01:28 PM
ryuzakix7

Safari Zone the first times i played xD
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here