The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation

Notices

Metal & Color Generation Talke a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Old April 23rd, 2013, 04:33 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
As many of you know, Japan's first Pokémon games were Pokémon Red and Green, with them also receiving Blue as an updated version later. The rest of the world only got Pokémon Red and Blue, that was based off Japan's Pokémon Blue with the same version exclusives as Japan's Red and Green. So would you have rather our Blue to be named Green? What if we got Pokémon Green and Blue, and no Red?

Discuss!

:P
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:33 PM
PichuRules4ever
The TF2 Pyro

Nature: Jolly
I'd rather have it named Blue because I've always preferred the color blue over green. I would think "We should have a version for Charizard" as I have never really like Venusaur as much. I like how we have it now. At least we have LeafGreen.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 04:02 PM
legobricks-312
Fairy

Nature: Bashful
Why not have it Green & Blue, at that? Or Orange & Blue?
I'd keep Red & Blue though, most appealing for marketing and so forth as these are regarded as opposite colours.
Old April 24th, 2013, 09:31 PM
FlameChocobo
Warrior of Hoenn

Nature: Lonely
That would change nothing at all if we get Green and Blue, and no Red, because that would be equally as stupid.

So I prefer all 3 versions in their original forms.
Old April 24th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Jamais
«c'est presque temps»

Nature: Quiet
It would've been nice if we could've gotten all 3 versions, but I'm happy that we got Blue over Green. Plus, with the addition of Yellow later on, we got all three primary colors represented in game form (whereas green is just a combination of blue and yellow).

Old April 25th, 2013, 03:08 AM
Aurora
Court Jester

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Skype™ to Aurora
Red and Blue's much more aesthetically pleasing than Red and Green (despite the fact that art dictates that Red and Green are opposites), and when you throw Yellow into the mix, you've got the primary colours rather than traffic lights (which, incidentally, is a much nicer combination).

server modblogmy lovely pair <3twitter • oh, what to put here
Old April 25th, 2013, 03:31 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I really wish we got all three. It'd be cool to have a green old gameboy cartridge. I still like the colour blue better than green though.
Old April 25th, 2013, 12:04 PM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Nature: Sassy
I like Red and Blue more than Red and Green. Red and Blue contrast a lot more and sort of give a rivalry between those two games that just weren't emulated with FireRed and LeafGreen.

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now
or I'll get physical with you

Old May 5th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Hidden Power

The colour names confuse me a bit. I don't care about their names, really. Red or Green, Red or Blue, it doesn't have different effect at least on me. IMO, the exclusive Pokemons is so what matters.

Sponsored Links