Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media
Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 27th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Guy
just a guy

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to Guy

Advertise here
Are there any movies, television series, books, and/or songs that you wish you could watch, read, or listen to like it was your first time all over again? What would they be and why?

Last edited by Antemortem; March 27th, 2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old March 27th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Antemortem
wir sind alle freaks

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Woooow the list is not all that extensive, honestly, and the only, well, anything I can think of that I'd like to 'relive' would be The Hunger Games series. People are reverting to saying that it's not all that fantastic of a series - at least much less hype-worthy than it was given - but in my opinion it's some of the better books I've read. Then again, I'm not much for literature, so I could just be depraved of what others might consider 'better' haha.

do you know what hurts most about a broken heart?
not being able to remember how you felt before...
try and keep that feeling because... if it goes...
you'll never get it back. ever.
Old March 28th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Esper

My mind went to a whole bunch of places, but after I thought about it I feel like I wouldn't enjoy some things as much now and that I couldn't get into them like I did when I was younger and had a different view of the world, or whatever. Like, I wouldn't have the nostalgia goggles on if I saw or read them now. I'd worry that I wouldn't connect to them again.

Still, I think I'd love to see Wall-E again like I'd never seen it before. I love that movie for everything wonderful about it and that won't ever change.

deviantart blog pair
Old March 28th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
I'm going to echo Scarf's comment about WALL-E, but for slightly different reasons. Out of all of my favourite films (of which WALL-E is definitely up there), I didn't know an awful lot about them before watching them for the first time, so their greatness was a real revelation to me when I ended up watching them. With WALL-E, because of the 2-month gap between its US and UK release (and also because I'd been following news about its production ever since it was announced), I'd read interviews with Pixar, watched the trailers multiple times and, though I didn't read the Wikipedia synopsis or anything, I felt I already had a good grasp on the story before even setting foot in the cinema. When I eventually did go to see it, I was either going to be immensely disappointed or immensely elated because of all the legwork I'd put in beforehand.

If anything, I imagine I'd fall even more head over heels in love with it had I treated it like any other film, but I would like to go back and see if that would be my real reaction.
Old April 9th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I see I am part of the minority of film goers who despises WALL-E :( Sorry!! Except I'm not sorry!!!

I'd like to relive the Harry Potter franchise again, the books, the movies, everything. Growing up with it was pretty great and everything, but I really want to relive all the mania and hype again at my current age. You know, the age where I'm able to camp outside a book store for three days in order to be first in line for the new book. I just want to relive all the wonder and magic of the books again, is that so much to ask?
Old April 9th, 2013, 01:50 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
I think I would like to reread The Dark Tower series, seeing it heavly shaped my love for alot of other shows and books. I'm wondering if I'd love it even more, or if I wouldn't hold it on the pedestal I do.
Old April 10th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Gonna answer my own question here.

If I could, I would like to watch the television series Veronica Mars all over again. Watching Veronica uncover all the mysteries of Neptune, CA and finding out who really killed her best friend, Lily, was a thrill all on its own. More than that, while I can still re-watch old episodes today and enjoy them just as much, it's more exciting when you don't know the outcome of what's going to happen or what Veronica is going to discover. That's the thing about mystery shows, they're addictive and fun, but re-watching them over isn't as thrilling as it is the first time since you know what will happen. So if I could, I would love to watch this gem like I had never seen it before. Three seasons was far from enough!

Luckily, life can be good sometimes and a Veronica Mars movie is coming. So at least in 2014 for about two hours I'll get to relive the thrill of watching Veronica Mars once again!
Old April 10th, 2013, 12:00 PM
stp
ShootThePuck

Dragon Ball, since I kind of read ahead of Wikipedia and already new the story, so I kinda ruined it for myself. Same with the Eragon series.
This signature has been disabled.
spoiler tags are prohibited in signatures.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 10th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Crux
Evermore

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Crux
Haha, That's what she said!

The original Sherlock Holmes stories written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
A whole list of songs that i've kinda ruined by relating them to certain things.
There's plenty of other things, but I don't feel like typing them all. :p

{Never and Forever}

Tees | Coming Soon | Coming Soon
Old April 10th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
This is gonna sound dumb but..

Once Upon a Forest. I thought, as a kid, that it was one of the best movies to grace the earth. A few friends of mine remembered this movie and agreed so we decided to watch it all together again.

:C IT WAS HORRIBLE AND BORING AND I WISH I JUST LEFT IT BEING A CHERISHED MEMORY! We had to turn it off halfway through ;__;

~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
Old April 17th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Kitori
[ ICE QUEEN ]
Community Supporter Tier 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
I'd like to relive the Harry Potter franchise again, the books, the movies, everything. Growing up with it was pretty great and everything, but I really want to relive all the mania and hype again at my current age. You know, the age where I'm able to camp outside a book store for three days in order to be first in line for the new book. I just want to relive all the wonder and magic of the books again, is that so much to ask?
This. I miss that feeling of just... hanging on the date of something coming out. Waiting and waiting for the book to arrive and then just reading until I'm done, nothing else mattering. Also being part of a huge fandom that there is just so many people to talk to about it once you're done. It was a great feeling. I haven't felt that with anything lately... I don't know if that's just growing up or I just haven't found anything worthy of that kind of attention yet.

Let the storm rage on....
The cold never bothered me anyway.

[ TRADE THREAD | FRIEND CODE | TWITTER | CHALLENGE | PAIR♥]

Old April 24th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antemortem View Post
Woooow the list is not all that extensive, honestly, and the only, well, anything I can think of that I'd like to 'relive' would be The Hunger Games series. People are reverting to saying that it's not all that fantastic of a series - at least much less hype-worthy than it was given - but in my opinion it's some of the better books I've read. Then again, I'm not much for literature, so I could just be depraved of what others might consider 'better' haha.
Yes totally Hunger Games! Especially Catching Fire, because then you know what happens in the end and it kinda spoils it for you~

Also I love the feeling of discovering a new link between events or characters when you reread something
FC: 1564-3523-6855
Old April 24th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Lost is amazing and it's really cool watching it over to see things you didn't notice before, but the first time was definitely the best because there were just so many things you didn't know and idk that show is amazing I watched it way too fast ;;

Fairy Tail is also really fun to watch, although I rewatched it I think I watched it too fast as well, haha.
showdown, gallery, anime, & family
Old April 25th, 2013, 08:00 PM
twocows
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Without even a moment's hesitation, Star Trek: The Next Generation. I have not, nor do I believe I will ever see a show as relevant, intellectual, and yet still highly entertaining as TNG. The sky's the limit, indeed.
Doctors Without Borders: one of the few charity groups you can rely on to actually do real good in the world.

PM me if you have computer troubles. I work in IT for a living and can probably solve your problems. My rate is $expensive/hr, but I'm still cheaper than Creep Squad and, unlike them, will actually get the job done or let you know if I can't.

Quote:
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
- H. L. Mencken, unsourced

Quote:
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]

NEW 40K MMOFPS YESSSSS
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here