The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:11 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
Quote:
It would be cool if Spinda evolved into a powerful pokemon that gets confused through its ability, in a sort of similar drawback to Slaking.
Mmmmmm, no too sure about this. Is it a permanent confusion, or would it be able to eventually snap out of it? If it's the former, then I wouldn't really see great use for it, but I can deal with the latter.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:28 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Maybe it gives it the effect of outrage? Like after two or three turns of consecutive attacks it becomes confused.
Anyways, I hope it's evolution would look better, it's not the best looking of the Hoenn Pokémon...still cute though.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:36 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Maybe it gives it the effect of outrage? Like after two or three turns of consecutive attacks it becomes confused.
Anyways, I hope it's evolution would look better, it's not the best looking of the Hoenn Pokémon...still cute though.
I'd say after three attack is more fair. Two is too frequent, and might piss some people off unnecessarily. u__u
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:46 PM
Community Supporter

It really all depends on it's power, if it has Slacking,Regigigas (and Kyogre and Groudon) stats I must say two would be the most likely if it is to have an ability like what we're talking about.
How about an alternate evolution for Slakoth?
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:53 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
It really all depends on it's power, if it has Slacking,Regigigas (and Kyogre and Groudon) stats I must say two would be the most likely if it is to have an ability like what we're talking about.
How about an alternate evolution for Slakoth?
I wouldn't have anything against a Slakoth alternate evo, but is it ultimately necessary? I suppose it would be interesting to think about if Slakoth evolved into something even more energetic and hyper. @_@
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:55 PM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Yeah I like the Outrage-esque idea for Spinda.

If they gave a special hold item for Vigoroth to make it a bit more powerful, they could eliminate the need for an alternate evolution line.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:55 PM
Community Supporter

It's not really necessary, but as you said it'll be interesting to see a hyper and energetic evolution, unlike Slacking.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 03:15 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Yeah I like the Outrage-esque idea for Spinda.

If they gave a special hold item for Vigoroth to make it a bit more powerful, they could eliminate the need for an alternate evolution line.
Problem is, it'll have an issue carrying that item 24/7, eliminating the viability for anything else, really. It's much easier to just give it an alternate evo rather than ruin current possible movesets for it.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:42 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I don't really get the point of giving Vigoroth an alternative evolution. I always felt like the point of it was choosing something moderately strong and not having to only move every other turn, or have great power, but sacrifice some movement. If you give it another evolution, you're basically stripping away that choice and just making Vigoroth's alternate stronger. Slaking would pretty much be useless at that point, minus MAYBE outside double battles to give something else Truant.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:38 PM
Community Supporter

How about a Dugtrio evolution? I feel like it should've gotten one back in Gen IV. Maybe it could be a normal looking animal mole that way we never would expect it evolved from the triple cartoon mole.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:52 PM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
I think there should be an alternate evo for Remoraid. Remoraid and Octillery just don't look like eachother at all! Remoraid should evolve into a Pure Water typed biggerfish. The fish that evolves into an octopuss us so weird imo.

ENOUGH WITH THE CHALLENGES OK?!?
No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out!)
Old April 24th, 2013, 03:21 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendhunter14 View Post
I think there should be an alternate evo for Remoraid. Remoraid and Octillery just don't look like eachother at all! Remoraid should evolve into a Pure Water typed biggerfish. The fish that evolves into an octopuss us so weird imo.
But...what else would it evolve into? D: I feel that Remoraid itself is fine evolving into Octillery, I don't see anything actually wrong with it. .___. At first, I thought it was awkward myself, for a mere fish to evolve into an octopus, and then I just kind of nodded and accepted it because this is GF, and if that's the kind of evolution they want to give it, then so be it, really. Honestly, if anything needs an evolution, it should be Octillery itself to improve it in some manner. Just slightly, though.

Base 105 Attack/Special Attack kind of says that it's powerful enough and doesn't really need any evolutions, though I'm sure one more wouldn't be overkill.
Old April 24th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
How about a Dugtrio evolution? I feel like it should've gotten one back in Gen IV. Maybe it could be a normal looking animal mole that way we never would expect it evolved from the triple cartoon mole.
idk, if it is I can't help but think it'd be like those ugly drawings of it having legs below, and instead of three, there would be like five heads ;_;
Old April 24th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Yeah, a Dugtrio evolution would be awkward. u__u I remember someone saying somewhere that the heads could be fused though, kind of like Magneton combining into Magnezone?
Old April 25th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Forever
let it go

Even if the heads are fused it wouldn't look very appealing at all imo. :( I never liked Magnezone, so if it's like that then yeah...
Old April 25th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Yeah, a Dugtrio evolution would be awkward. u__u I remember someone saying somewhere that the heads could be fused though, kind of like Magneton combining into Magnezone?
That was me.

As for the Octillery evo, remind me what's its total base stat is before I could approve it getting an evolution.
Old April 25th, 2013, 10:49 AM
MarinoKadame

Dotrio evo could have some proto wings and have like 5 heads, or be an Hydra bird thing.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old April 25th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Community Supporter

How about a Final trubish evolution? It could be based on one of those giant metal trash cans...it could be Poison/Steel.
Old April 25th, 2013, 01:12 PM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
That was me.

As for the Octillery evo, remind me what's its total base stat is before I could approve it getting an evolution.
300 -> 480

But there are some pokemon showing its not impossible:
Electabuzz
360 -> 490 -> 540
Magmar
365 -> 495 -> 540
Rhydon
345-> 485 -> 535

Scyther (500->500) and Porygon2 (395->515->535) are even more extreme, but I regard them to be special cases and not good examples.
Old April 25th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
How about a Final trubish evolution? It could be based on one of those giant metal trash cans...it could be Poison/Steel.
I wouldn't be opposed to this! n__n Perhaps Garbordor could use a bit more oomph to it with a evo, and if that's the case, then I'm all for it, really. :3
Old April 25th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
If Garbodor gets an evolution, then you might as well have to give Weezing and Muk an evolution too, for they represent a trio of pollution (air, land, and water). However, both Muk and Weezing are already decent Pokemon and have base stats higher than 465, so there's no need for them to have one. Garbodor would've been decent as well if its offenses were higher on either Attack or SpA (it's got some really useful moves like Drain Punch thanks to BW2).
Old April 25th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Community Supporter

It's evolution could gain good defenses...especially if it gains the steel type seeing how members of the type tend to have high defenses...
Old April 25th, 2013, 08:01 PM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
Steel/poison?
I don't think this is gonna get real.
U knw, imo, steel/poison is just like a water/fire type pkmn which is nvr possible..
Old April 25th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Steel/Poison would be a weird typing, as you wouldn't really imagine something metal having any sort of poisonous attributes. I guess something like a steel best being eroded by acid or something would be cool?
Old April 25th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
Steel/Poison would be a weird typing, as you wouldn't really imagine something metal having any sort of poisonous attributes. I guess something like a steel best being eroded by acid or something would be cool?
Some metals on the periodic table are poisonous though. Like Mercury. Its not entirely out of the question.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here