The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 23rd, 2013, 07:46 PM
ExeTheTyphlosion

Stat Stealer: Whatever stat-boosting or stat-lowering moves that the opponent uses goes to you.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:15 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Maybe it's just me but I'd find that totally overpowering. I'd be cool with something that would maybe give you the same boost/half the boost (accounting for rounding!) as your opponent, but as far taking away they boost from them not so much. Preventing something from boosting outside of having to use a moveslot for Taunt or something just seems too strong.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:22 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I don't know if I suggested this already, but I feel that abilities like Blaze, Torrent, and whatnot could definitely do probably with 40-50% HP than with like..20% or so. I realized this because of Archeop's defeatist, which takes effect immediately after it's HP falls down to right about half. I figure: through that logic, why not do the same with the elemental abilities?
Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:26 PM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
Yeah, it would totally kill the stallers. What if the effect triggers only once while the Pokémon is in battle?
Also, I hope that Frisk and Forewarn will include both foes in double battles, not like I care about these ability but maybe that way they will be less useless.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:29 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Frisk...I don't see the honest benefit of knowing what your opponent has, since more or less it'll be kinda obvious anyway (especially in competitive). Usually you can tell who has a choice scarf, who has LO, leftovers, things of that nature. It's kind of a sad thing because I don't really see anything that would really make these abilities useful, because they really aren't. u_u
Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:44 PM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Ikr, they still suck even in non-competitive battles.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:42 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Maybe they could take the move (and given the choice to replace one of the abilities user's four if they have four moves temporary of course)? or maybe Disable it? That way Frisk would be more effective.
Old April 24th, 2013, 03:24 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Maybe they could take the move (and given the choice to replace one of the abilities user's four if they have four moves temporary of course)? or maybe Disable it? That way Frisk would be more effective.
That would kind of be like the Ghost Body ability that Jellicent has, except a bit different. This one I can definitely see to make Frisk incredibly useful, and can definitely turn the tide of a lot of battles with just a switch.
Old April 24th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeTheTyphlosion View Post
Stat Stealer: Whatever stat-boosting or stat-lowering moves that the opponent uses goes to you.
Sounds fun, especially if it's setting up and you have Encore on the mon. :3;
Old April 24th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Another thing to think about...

What about an ability like Hustle, except instead of trading your accuracy for power, about trading defenses for speed? Or something like that? It works for those Pokemon who operate like a glass cannon anyway, and I believe that they would need the extra speed to ourun certain other Pokemon they wouldn't otherwise outrun.
Old April 24th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

That'd be a really cool one. It'd give glass cannon a whole new meaning in the games, plus if they're already trying to run that role then it works even better. Plus, I could see something on the midly bulky side having this, so if it had a second ability it could choose to stay a little on the bulkier and slower side, or take the glass cannon route.
Old April 24th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Community Supporter

I mostly see Unova Pokémon getting these second abilities considering a lot of gen 1-4 Pokémon have two abilities or three counting DWA's. Maybe the monkeys could get a new ability.

How about an ability that sacrifices HP for a one stage boost in Defenses? Every time it's sent out if it has enough HP.
Old April 24th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Frisk...I don't see the honest benefit of knowing what your opponent has, since more or less it'll be kinda obvious anyway (especially in competitive). Usually you can tell who has a choice scarf, who has LO, leftovers, things of that nature. It's kind of a sad thing because I don't really see anything that would really make these abilities useful, because they really aren't. u_u
I use it to search In Game for items. Like Metal Coats on Pokemon in D/P/Pt. Or Lucky Egg on Chansey in HG/SS. Frisk comes in handy with a poof in...no item found...run away sorta set up.
Old April 24th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Hm....another ability I thought of....there's Water Absorb, Levitate, and there's also Flash Fire that negates moves of their respective types (along with Volt Absorb, and I'm sure there's a Grass-type equivalent that Sawsbuck has). What about a Fighting-type equivalent of those? With Fighting becoming more prominent (at least, it seems, I could be wrong?), would it be necessary to have an ability to absorb those attacks (thats not a Ghost type)?
Old April 25th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Forever
let it go

I'd rather see something that's raises rock with SR, rather than rock-attacks, or something along those lines. Fighting is good but unless it's a super motivated fighter the ability won't work on a lot of mons.
Old April 25th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I'd rather see something that's raises rock with SR, rather than rock-attacks, or something along those lines. Fighting is good but unless it's a super motivated fighter the ability won't work on a lot of mons.
What do you mean by "raises rock"? o.o;;

And I imagine it'd be on some fighting-type Pokes that would have it, I don't think it'd be too much to ask for, isn't it?
Old April 25th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

The difference I see with things like Water Absorb/Flash Fire and something that would absorb a Fighting move is that physically if you shoot water into a pool of water...nothing happens. It just expands. Same thing happens with fire. If you punch something or whatever, it doesn't just get absorbed really, you leave some sort of impact. From that stance it'd just be awkward, but that's just me!
Old April 25th, 2013, 08:38 PM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Yaa, there is no point that fighting moves can be absorbed. Yeah, somewhat its possible for a pkmn to absorb rock type moves, by some hypothesis.
Old April 26th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Forever
let it go

The only way I can see it working is if you're like crazy motivated to fight back in return, like adrenaline, but that's the only way I'd see them including it.
Old April 26th, 2013, 12:33 AM
shubham2207

That would be just like anger point. Only difference will be it has to be hit with a fighting move. It would raise attack stat, not the power of fighting moves
Old April 26th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I mean I guess that could work. It'd be similar to Justified, just Fighting instead of Dark type moves. If it worked like that than something that resists it would have to get it. Definitely not Bug types (lol), but maybe Poison or Flying types?
Old April 26th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Community Supporter

I don't believe we have a poison version of water absorb...that could appear, as poison being added into poison will make it more deadly...usually, some poisons I believe neutralize on another... so sp atk or atk could go up.
Old May 1st, 2013, 06:19 PM
Chinchou(+_+)

Nature: Jolly
An ability where:

All Priority is set to 0.
Swift Swim, but in Hail, maybe called Snow Speed.
^ This except in Toxic Rain.
A Sand Veil for in Water and Sun.
Pure Power but in Special Attack
Old May 2nd, 2013, 01:52 AM
shubham2207

I like the idea of the ability that makes all moves priority to 0.
It would **** even arceus and may make prankster useless.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links