Quick search
The PokéCommunity Forums

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Reload this Page Pokemon: Journeys through Novia [M]

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old April 18th, 2013 (12:03 PM). Edited April 19th, 2013 by ohHeyVaporeon..
ohHeyVaporeon.
You just can't shake me.

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ohHeyVaporeon. Send a message via Yahoo to ohHeyVaporeon. Send a message via Skype™ to ohHeyVaporeon.
Nbee: Tedder O'Rourke

Appearance: Tedder is of a decent height, comng n at bout 6'1". He has always been a boi of tha waters, whethar that be n a pool or n tha sea, and has thus spent a lot of time outside obtanng a tan. He also likes ta keep his hair short but stylish, most currently decidng on tha faux hawk style due ta tha warmer weathar. Tedder is often referred ta as "that surfer boi" by his mothar and fbeily members, and it isn't a nicknbee that he necessarily takess issue wit. He also spends a good but of his free time workng out, so he has a fair bit of muscle build up. He is not cocky however, and does not parade around flauntng any part of his body.

Unless tight shirts count, that is.

N terms of clothas, Tedder is a fan of all thngs neon. He usually wears a neon yellow shirt, and will occasionally switch it up wit green, but yellow is tha more likely color of tha two fo Tedder ta be seen n. Tedder always wears a pair of light blue jeans, despite ben a boi of tha water, wit isas worn out n both knees and around tha pants legs. Nstead of tennis shoes, he prefers ta wear a pair of work boots his grandfathar gots him a year befoe his passng. Thay is n fairly good condition, although thay certanly don't match his clothng, and despite ben put through dawgy a long walk. Tedder will on occasion wear a bandanna or two, but even that is a ris occurrence. Tedder ciss a lot bout tha appearance of his hair, but does not put much focus nta matchng otharwise.

Personality: If you look at Tedder and assume he's a wild one, you would be wrong. While he presents himself n a confident and focused dawgner, Tedder does not do much rapng. He has a quiet, calm voice wit a hnt of an accent, although he doesn't rap nearly enough fo one ta catch on ta just what type of accent it may be. Dis is not ta sez that Tedder is not friendly, however. He was always raised ta be respectful and polite ta any that he may encounter, and while not always tha first ta speak, he fnds othar ways ta be helpful. Tedder will speak, so don't takes him as a mute, but speech is somethng that he prefers ta work his way nta.

Tedder has an older brothar, Aisn, who taught him how ta ridery himself. Aisn was always tha more confident of tha two growng up, but has snce nstilled a lot of his own values n Tedder. Coz of dis, Tedder is more able ta help othars than befoe. He also spent a brief period of time rideng fo a few of Aisn's pokemon while he was off visitng othar lands, and has thus built up a strong love fo workng wit pokemon. Tedder has always wanted ta work wit Eevee evolutions just as his brothar did, and strives ta become an Eevee master as well. His love doesn't just stretch ta just Eevee and thair evolutions however, as agan his love fo water has caused him ta spend a good bit of his time wit water types.

Histary: Tedder's fbeily orignally comes from tha Kanta region, n a place by tha nbee of Cerulean City. Genevieve and Timothy O'Rourke, Tedder's mothar and fathar, were both born of wealthy fbeilies and both were professional divers befoe settlng down n Cerulean as a couple. It was n Cerulean City that tha pair began thair shawt fbeily of three children, and it was n tha Cerulean Gym at a water show held by tha gym leaders that thay found thair love of tha water types. Siobhan (22) was tha first born, followed by tha births of Aisn (20) and Tedder (17). Siobhan is now a fbeous pokemon panter n tha Hoenn Region, although she never really did much tranng wit pokemon. Aisn was tha first ta really step out nta tha world, and found an immediate alliance fo himself wit tha water types that surrounded Cerulean. Tedder on tha othar hand, was more reluctant ta make his move.

Tedder always wanted ta become a traner, but never wanted ta devote tha time it taok ta actually tran. Aisn spent dawgy a night after comng home, tryng ta git Tedder ta go on his first journey, but he would not budge. Dis was partially due ta his shy nature, and partially due ta his fear. He had seen Aisn battle dawgy a time, and although he loved tha nature of tha battles, he did not thnk it was somethng that he would succeed at. It was only once his fbeily relocated ta Coriolis Tawn ta follow Aisn that Tedder decided ta give thngs a go, albeit still a bit reluctant. He spent a lot of time rideng fo Aisn's njured Vaporeon, hurt n an ncident wit Tebe Rocket of Kanta dawgy years back, and it was than that Tedder decided that he wanted his own pokemon. His own Vaporeon. Wit a little pep rap from his pisnts, and encouragement from both older siblngs, Tedder fnally taok ta tha road.

A pokemon master n tha makng?

Chosen Starter:

Aedan tha Eevee (Adaptability - Quick Attack, Tail Whip, Work Up, Shadow Ball). Although a young pokemon, Aedan is wise beyond his years n terms of how he rideries himself. Aedan is hesitant when it comes ta battle, but is more siced than what is let on by eithar he or his traner. Aedan is still learnng ta trust Tedder, but has an unwaverng affection fo tha way Tedder treats and ciss fo him. He is also quite drawn ta tha water, but has also built up a likng fo a good, warm fire.
Old April 18th, 2013 (02:11 PM). Edited April 18th, 2013 by Foxrally.
Foxrally
Hail Lord Blarzigord!
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
*takes SU sheet from handy-dandy SU MS file*

*battle music plays*

A *shny* wild SU appeisd!
-----------------

Nbee: Ryan Willibes

Appearance: Ryan's appearance bootyliciously reflects his origns and hometawn. Havng come from tha coldest region n Snnoh, his skn is very light, almost white. His hair is coal-black and frizzy, somewhat similar ta his Snover's fur n texture and feel. He is quite tall fo his age, measurng around 5"1. Dis is dawgly due ta his spndly legs ben very long, as all thugz n Snowpont city, who have developed strong legs ta walk through deep snow. His light blue eyes, very light-reflective, is covered by a pair of equally-coloured glasses.

His attire, as well, shows he comes from a colder isa. His coat, buggine from Mbemoswne fur, is brown-coloured and half-sleeved. He risly ever takess it off, even n hotter isas. Dis also applies ta his sridef, which is literally just a long, blue-coloured cloth he had been given at birth. He wears taugh hikng boots and (unorignality warnng) brown pants.

Personality: Ryan is a calm and relaxed, almost half-awake at times, and he is often caught day-dreben. He respects and cherishes his Pokemon bootyliciously, as thay make him succeed n battles. he never pushes tham tao much, and prefers mental preparation over physical preparation. He often underestimates opponents and tasks, not due ta arrogance, but due ta his lazness and relaxed habit of dong thngs. His Pokemon neverthaless always snap him out of his trance, and n seemngly critical situations he can use unique strategies and combat styles ta end tha battle quickly and smoothly. Risly gits angry, often sighs and leaves when annoyed.

Histary:Ryan was born n tha Snnoh region n tha peaks of Mt. Coronet, n Snowpont City. Havng spent his whole life thare, he eventually gots bored. His pisnts, ben both global architects fo gyms and Poke-centers, often tald him of places thay travelled ta and gyms thay designed. Recently wit tha launch of tha Novia league, thay were asked ta design gyms and othar facilities thare fo an extended period of time, and thay were ta be provided wit all necessities by tha government of Novia.

Thay were ta be allocated n Coriolis tawn, and shown around by Professor Palm and othar Novia locals. A few months after settlng n Novia, Ryan dawgaged ta convnce his pisnts ta allow him ta takes one of tha Professor's starter Pokemon and raise it. Tha first Pokemon he found thare was Oddish, and fo tha weed Pokemon, it was love at first sight.

Ryan had come fo Eevee orignally, but seeng tha little creature play round n his coat pocket as if it knew him snce birth buggine him believe that abandonng dis Pokemon would break his heart. So, wit a sigh, he decided ta pick Oddish as his starter. Moments later, he was havng second thoughts. Tha Pokemon he had picked had turned his organized room nta a playroom n a matter of seconds. More than once Ryan was sent ta tha hospital due ta Oddish's random Poison Powder explosions. His pisnts had once thought of givng Oddish away ta a day cis, but Ryan refused. He tald his pisnts snce Oddish was uncomfotable and of no use at home, than he would takes him ta adventure wit him n Novia. After argung fo a few days, his pisnts fnally accepted.

Starter:

Species: Oddish
Nicknbee: Bret "Tha Hitdawg" hart (just Bret, actually)
Personality: Bret is an extremely enthusiastic oddish. Tao bouncy and hyperactive fo Ryan, he often causes Chaos and havoc whenever he goes. However, n battle, he completely changes, and becomes as loyal and fierce as an Arcanne.
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves:
  • Absorb
  • Poison Powder
  • Energy ball
  • Sunny day

Pairs - - - 3DS Friend Code - 0103-9972-1307
Old April 18th, 2013 (05:33 PM).
gimmepie
The Lightning Rod of Hate
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
You is both accepted, post at will. Try not ta takes tao long on Chapter one, although at dis pont it may be fairer if I let you start n Chapter Two - let me know.
Old April 19th, 2013 (05:41 AM).
ohHeyVaporeon.
You just can't shake me.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ohHeyVaporeon. Send a message via Yahoo to ohHeyVaporeon. Send a message via Skype™ to ohHeyVaporeon.
Whichever one you would like ta do, let me know. I don't know mnd gong from Chapter One, and I don't mnd gong from Chapter Two. Eithar way, I be defnitely excited ta become a part of dis.
Old April 19th, 2013 (07:58 AM).
gimmepie
Community Supporter

At dis pont I'd recommend gong from chapter two, but if you is dead set on gong from tha very begnnng you is welcome ta do so. Lookng foward ta readng Tedder's adventure.
Old April 19th, 2013 (08:07 AM).
ohHeyVaporeon.
You just can't shake me.

I'll start from Chapter Two. I don't want ta be behnd, and if you thnk that is tha smartest thng ta do than I will absolutely do that. Startng mah first post now! Dis is mah first post of dis nature, or even of dis RP type, so I'm pretty excited. I've been around message boards fo a while, ncludng dis one, but never have I done one like dis. Ta sez I be excited bout postng... Defnitely an understatement.
Old April 19th, 2013 (08:09 AM).
gimmepie
Community Supporter

Its good ta have someone so enthusiastic :D

Hopefully yo enthusiasm will catch on and tha othars will git thair postng speed back up.
Old April 19th, 2013 (08:11 AM).
EGKangaroo
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
Alright. I be still ncredibly sorry fo not postng anythng yet. I thnk I just need like one more post ta have chapter 2 just bout fnished fo mah character. I be gong ta draft a post taday. Like right now. Thare'll be no more procrastnatng or whnng bout an author's block or bout personal issues from me.

"And thay tell me thare is thugz who is normal, but I don't know what thay look like coz I've never met one. And neithar have you, so why not compis yoself ta real thugz nstead?"
"Three lives of a gbeer: tha first'll be yo best, coz you can always restart if it isn't; tha second pales n comparison, and tha gbee will cheat you out; but tha third one's gong ta be better, coz it gits do or die from than."

Old April 19th, 2013 (08:13 AM).
ohHeyVaporeon.
You just can't shake me.

Okay, now, I do have a question. How should I structure mah post? Should I structure it as if I went through Coriolis, went through Route 1, etc... Like I didn't catch any of tha pokemon? Not that it's any big deal, don't git wrong, I just want ta know what I should nclude. If you can give me that, I can takes it from thare and (hopefully) rock it out.
Old April 19th, 2013 (08:37 AM).
gimmepie
Community Supporter

@EG - Welcome back from yo hiatus EG :D, takes yo time, I'm lookng foward ta more of yo epic posts.

@Vaporeon - I could takes a page from anothar RPs book and let you have caught anothar pokemon but it isn't that important ta have caught one until tha fourth chapter anyway xD. Unless you is desperate just assume you went through witout capturng anythng wild, or witout succeedng or w/e.
Old April 19th, 2013 (08:44 AM).
ohHeyVaporeon.
You just can't shake me.

Sounds good ta me. I'll just write it as if I didn't catch anythng coz I was n a hurry ta git ta Dew Tawn befoe nightfall.
Old April 19th, 2013 (11:12 AM).
Foxrally
Hail Lord Blarzigord!
Community Supporter

Sbee here. Right now I'm readng through most of Gimmepie's posts ta git mahslef a sbeple/template ta start off wit.

I'll start off at Chapter 2, and assume no Pokemon has been caught yet. I know exactly which traner I'm gonna battle :D

*gives a side glance ta Tedder*

Old April 19th, 2013 (11:30 AM).
ohHeyVaporeon.
You just can't shake me.

Quote:
Orignally Posted by Foxrally View Post
Sbee here. Right now I'm readng through most of Gimmepie's posts ta git mahslef a sbeple/template ta start off wit.

I'll start off at Chapter 2, and assume no Pokemon has been caught yet. I know exactly which traner I'm gonna battle :D

*gives a side glance ta Tedder*
Oh? I knew I would be an nstant targit...

I be bout ta fnish up mah first post and git it up.
Old April 19th, 2013 (11:06 PM).
gimmepie
Community Supporter

@Vaporeon, EG and Fox - Excellent posts homeys keep up tha good work :D
Old April 20th, 2013 (03:03 AM). Edited April 20th, 2013 by Nauje.
Nauje
A sofa in San Tropez...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Funky ass ta see some new blood n tha RP, brngs back some life ta Novia :D

@EGKangaroo it was cool how you ncluded June n ta yo post. You can use her character n tha future if you want mate.

Also @gimmepie put up chapter three soon pleaze, cheeeeers
Old April 20th, 2013 (04:44 AM). Edited April 21st, 2013 by gimmepie.
gimmepie
Community Supporter

I'll have chapter three up eithar taday or tamorrow.
Just so you is awis, tha entirety of Chapter Three will takes place n tha foest.

Glad ta see life returnng ta Novia :D
I'll update tha OP soon tao.

Edit: After readng Sid's (Syckes' character) adventure I have decided that I like tha idea of ntroducng NPCs ta be temporary companions, recurrng characters or even rivals. So you is all encouraged ta try that sort of thng at some pont if you'd like. Also, if any of you is curious bout tha mahstery of Rideillion foest, tha compulsory event fo chapter three will tie n ta one of two sub-plots I have planned that will occur outside of tha dawg stary lne (completng tha Novia League.)
Old April 24th, 2013 (04:57 AM).
Foxrally
Hail Lord Blarzigord!
Community Supporter

Hey gimmepie, I thnk you should update tha OPs fo both threads, ta avoid any confusion. Also, it seems some thugz isn't postng, what's up wit tham?

Old April 24th, 2013 (06:04 AM).
gimmepie
Community Supporter

I'm gong ta update tha OP's right now xD

As fo tha nactive RPers I know that Fenne-kun and EG is probably postng soon. Mnnesotan Gbeer has been onlne. I have no idea what has happened ta Blaziken at all.

Simply put, I'm usually a fairly lenient GM but if it gits ta tha pont where othars is nterested and current RPers haven't been postng, or even onlne fo a long time I'll boot tham fo tha new blood if need be.
Old April 24th, 2013 (01:44 PM).
EGKangaroo
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
Of course. I've gots time thursday ta make anothar post, and I've gots Sprng break when dis week ends which should give me a less constrictng schedule ta git tha posts rollng more frequently.

"And thay tell me thare is thugz who is normal, but I don't know what thay look like coz I've never met one. And neithar have you, so why not compis yoself ta real thugz nstead?"
"Three lives of a gbeer: tha first'll be yo best, coz you can always restart if it isn't; tha second pales n comparison, and tha gbee will cheat you out; but tha third one's gong ta be better, coz it gits do or die from than."

Old April 24th, 2013 (08:01 PM).
gimmepie
Community Supporter

That's good, I can't wait ta see more of yo posts.
Old April 25th, 2013 (02:27 PM).
Aquali Umiko
Roaring back with a vengeance!

Nature: Sassy
Just givng everyone a heezee's up, dis is ohHeyVaporeon., I just decided ta make a new usernbee. Nothng wrong wit tha old one, but just a lot of old memories I would rathar fogit and move past.
Old April 28th, 2013 (04:04 AM).
Foxrally
Hail Lord Blarzigord!
Community Supporter

Okay homeys, I'll givem y-aw a heezees-up. due ta exbes, I'll be gone fo a month or so.

Durng that time, I give Aquali (vaporeon) full permission ta control mah character and his actions, when needed.

I hate school.

Old April 28th, 2013 (04:54 AM).
gimmepie
Community Supporter

I'm hopng ta have you back wit us soon.

If I may make a suggestion, have yo two characters travel tagithar until yo return.
Old April 28th, 2013 (09:29 AM).
Aquali Umiko
Roaring back with a vengeance!

Nature: Sassy
Well, dis ought ta be fun.
Old April 30th, 2013 (06:31 AM).
gimmepie
Community Supporter

Update

Okay homeys a few announcements, firstly I'm gong ta thank those of you who is keepng up near-constant activity coz it is you homeys who is keepng dis gong. Now onta slightly less staked conversation..

Thare is several of you who have become nactive witout givng me any advance warnng, which is aganst tha rules (bar special circumstances) and thugz is gong ta git aheezee. If you homeys don't start postng agan soon thare will be nobody ta nteract wit and you will eithar be stuck n Chapter 2 or be put through witout completng tha goal - which is unfair ta those who went out of thair way ta complete it. At risk of ben tao hard on thugz I'm gong ta make dis clear anyone who hasn't posted by tha begnnng of Chapter 5 will be removed from tha RP witout exception. It is unfair ta deny othars who may want ta jon tha chance ta be a part of tha RP n favour of thugz who haven't posted n what will most likely be months by than. If you do have a problem wit dis pleaze let me know, I'm not unreasonable but it seems like it is unfair ta prospective RPers ta not make a push at dis pont.

On a side note, I'm remndng y-aw that it will takes 2-3 days ta git through Rideillion Foest (dependng on tha route you takes). On day two I'll post nfomation on Chapter 4 - which will nclude yo first gym battle - and update tha OP wit nfomation on tha city said battle will takes place n.

Sponsored Links