The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Polls

Notices

Pokémon Polls Express your opinion in straightforward polls and questions about Pokémon that would otherwise fit in Pokémon General if they weren't so, well, straightforward. Vote away!

View Poll Results: Best Flying leader
Falkner 10 21.74%
Skyla 18 39.13%
Winona 18 39.13%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 11th, 2013, 05:40 AM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Based on skill appearance and personal biased? I would say Falkner. He just look very tough compared to the other gym leaders. The rest looks pretty strong but Falkner looks like he means business.
Old April 11th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Eh, I pretty much love all Flying type trainers, since they've chosen the best type possible, but I'm gonna go with Falkner here. In all honesty, he wasn't really that memorable, and his team was waaaay too easy to get through in G/S, granted you had the right Pokemon (ie, no underleveled Chikorita ); ), so that's not really the reason why I'd choose him. The reason lies more in the fact, that the second generation is basically where most of my time in the Pokemon universe has been spent, and thus I'm just more used to the gym leaders of the generation. I lost my Ruby before I even got to finish the second playthrough, so half of the gym leaders I coudln't even remember untill I got to play it again, Winona included, and I didn't get to play a fifth generation game before B2/W2, and I've only played through that once, so only thing that I really remember about Skyla is her gym and her darn Swanna. And I honestly didn't like her attitude in the anime <____>

So yeah, it's not because the other two aren't great characters, Falkner is just the gym leader I'm most familiar with.
Old April 16th, 2013, 02:03 AM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
I'll go with Skyla I like how she uses her Pokemon in battling plus she's gorgeous. xD
Old April 19th, 2013, 04:11 AM
GarlandDaHero
Cute Noivern is Cute.

Nature: Quirky
Skyla.

She has actual man-made aerial transportation devices, and her team in B2/W2 is quite a force. Not to mention she's cute and scantily-clad.

Do the Harlem Snake!
Old April 25th, 2013, 11:20 AM
BraveNewWorld
The Breaker

It's Winona. She had the best team by far. Dragon Dance Altaria with EQ and Aerial Ace was a beast.
Old April 25th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
Falkner was such a pushover. I beat him with my Sentret no sweat. Skyla looks... weird?

Winona is awesome though, she comes from the best games and has the best Pokemon ;b

Old April 25th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Happy Smiley Yum Yum

Winona. She's a beast. I love her Altaria.
Jurassic Jam ¦ Ice Age ¦ Stone Age ¦ Egyptian Era ¦ Medieval Era ¦ Renaissance Era ¦ The Pirate Golden Age ¦ Industrial Revolution ¦ Westward Expansion ¦ The Progressive Era ¦ Mobster Mania ¦ The Sci-Fi Like Future ¦ The Post-Apocalyptic Scenario ¦ Time Rift
Old May 18th, 2013, 08:22 AM
XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

Nature: Quirky
For me, Winona all the way. She just epitomises Gym Leader to me with her collected air of authority. Plus she has a Swellow <3 and I love her design and also the design of her Gym
Old May 18th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Recluse
The Harbinger of Solitude
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I like when gym leaders give me a nice challenge. Winona was the "hardest" from them all with her Earthquake Altaria, so my vote goes for her.
Old May 18th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Skyla has the best story, winona best lineup and falkner looks the coolest.

I'd just make it with falkner with a new lineup and a story.
Old May 18th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Skill: Winona. I feared her Altaria.
Appearance: Skyla, definitely. She's such a cutie and I really like her outfit.
Personal bias: Skyla once again because the cannons in her gym were the best gym puzzle ever. I always imagined loading my Pokemon into a cannon and shooting them at her Pokemon.

So Skyla's got my vote. Falkner wasn't even considered because whenever I think of him, I think of him saying "My dad's cherished bird Pokemon!"
Old May 20th, 2013, 11:31 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
I think it is very difficult to chose between Winona and Skyla but let's say Ash had a greater tough time from Winona and the Battle Area in her gym was so cool that I voted for her

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links